Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Arrghhhhhhhhh!

Ok everyone..I need someone to kick me in the behind. I do the local renaissance faire right? and we camp there over the weekend..well our groups cook is amazing.. and since were out there, pretty much no where close to any place where I can get food, I ate what they had. Im only about 3 weeks out of surgery, and I ate solid food. I was on mushies, but there really wasnt anything mushy out there to eat...so I ate corned beef!!! ahh!!. I felt this HORRIBLE pain in my esophigus, and it came in waves for about 5 mins. All I could do was pace back and forth because it hurt less when I stood. My partner said I was having a Port block. Lovely..It hurt...it finally went away..but it hurt. I hope I didn't screw anything up. I know I did a bad thing..but I figure others have done similar things? I dont know what im looking for..maybe some encouragement to stay on mushies or something. Only thing is..when eating mushies theres little to no restriction, and I like the restriction I get on more solid foods. When should I actually start attempting solids? My doctors plan says 4 weeks..one week liquids, 2 weeks mushies...Bah..

Don't do solids until your doc says. You didn't chew the corned beef enough I'd imagine. And could you have picked a more stringy difficult meat to have to chew?!!!

Apparently, it went past the band with some difficulty (called pain) but the problem with this is that your stomach had to do some major manuvering to get it down, bad, bad, bad for the newly placed band. Go back to liquids for a bit and STAY MUSHIE!!! keep that band in good working order so you'll have it for a nice long time.

Now is NOT the time for big girl bandster restriction. You are getting too big for your britches, missy. Heal now, enjoy healthy restriction later.

Is that a good kick in the behind? :)

oh Kendra, very sorry you had your first golfball... and at a Renfaire! At least it was after hours...

I know what it's like being on site, and not being able to have what you need. It isn't like you can easily just go out and get something bandster friendly. Next week, you will just need to remember to bring some band friendly foods.

You did the best you could, right?

on my trip to california to my parents place this past week I was starving on the drive and i was in this reallly small town that barely had anything but it was right on the highway so it did have KFC and mcdonalds.

I decided to go to mcdonalds and get their chicken selects since the doctor told me chicken was okay. I got about 1/2 the chicken select down but after that I was too tired of chewing to want any more!! I chewed each bite about 30-40 times because i was so scared of something going wrong on the road! I sure learned my lesson there but then last night I had a bit of BBQ pork (stringly and mushie) over a bun and the bun i barely touched but even just that little bit stuck with me if you know what i mean. I was hot and cold and shivers all over I thought i was gonna die... lasted about 30 mins and after drinking some Water i felt fine

im here with ya.. trying to figure it out my doctor put me on mushies and told me to take my time experimenting with solids but the outside world sure doesnt cater to mushie eaters =)

Yes, thank you kathy.. =) :hides: Your completely right, and thats exactly what I needed. Your right..I should stay mushie because I want my band to be there for awhile.

Thats pretty much what I was thinking..it HAD to be corned beef! aahhhh...but I love it so..

You do renfaire Vines? So you know what I mean. Yes, only good thing is that it was after hours.. At the faire I do now, there is no backstage. I would have had to try and pull it off somehow in front of quite a few patrons..eesh. Yeah, I did the best I could..but now I think Im permanantly scared of corned beef.

Katerz- Ohh don't you love those drives where you are dying for something to eat, and all thats around are band unfriendly foods? I feel your pain. See, your smart though, because when I ate the corned beef, I was really really hungry, and though I did chew it sure wasn't enough to get it down. Im glad you did ok with it. I know what you mean about not even wanting to eat it anymore because its too much work..lol when I found that I could'nt even enjoy my food anymore because I had to chew it to death, is when I started to mourn it.

I do really like the mushy stage though..for some reason I really tolerate mashed potatoes, which rocks..I love potatoes. Ive also been doing a Protein shake for Breakfast to get my Protein in. The one thing I really really do miss is Pasta. Though, I did manage to get down a half a can of spaghetti-o's the other day..which sort of filled my craving.

Again..thanks for the support guys..