Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

i dont think its working

I am also one of those that healed quickly and have had no problems. I can eat anything I want. However..... you were only banded 10 days ago!!! Are you on solids already??? I hear ya on the hunger factor though. Try and just concentrate on "dieting" until 6 week fill time.

Dallas honey, once you get your fill, I believe your attitude will change :) I am only now starting to be hungry, and won't get my first fill for a month.

I have, however, lived with my husband's band for the last couple of years.... Oh yeah, you will be needing the baby bite :D

Thanks Paula for posting that food schedule. You took the words right out of my mouth. Really folks the first 6 weeks are for healing ONLY! You may or may not lose weight during this time. The important part is allowing enough time to heal before stressing the banded area with solid food. Eating solids 3 days out is unwise from everything I have ever read. Like most people I was STARVING the first 2 weeks but it got a lot better once I got on thicker mushies and eventually solids. I can't believe there are doctors out there that only care about getting the procedure done but don't do squat in regards to after care instructions. Jodie, I have never heard of that specific reason for erosion but have heard over eating can cause pouch stretching... So far erosion seems like the great mystery to me because I have known perfectly studious band patients who eat perfectly and still have had erosion. There doesn't seem to be any real scientific evidence regarding its occurence that I have found. Please girls, let your new tools heal so they can have a long life with you. Best wishes, Teresa

Leatha, I was thinking the same thing.

Although everyone's band is different and everyone's doctor is different. If you read this board on a regular basis you will get an idea of where you should be on the eating scale.

Your band should just be in the healing phase, I wouldn't think that it has firmly attached at this stage (scar tissue etc) even though you feel you can eat those things. I am not sure you should be for that reason alone. Just my opinion of course.

Just try to take it easy for a few more weeks, even if you have been taking big bites and not chewing properly, etc. Healing is so important to prevent problems in the future. Then go get a fill and start "enjoying" restriction. :)

take care

Tellie