Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Hi All,

Im a newbie to the forum although ive been reading the posts has a guest for almost a year now, Ive decided finally to sign up lol too this great forum.

A little about me, Im a man in my early 30's been over weight most my life weighing in at around 297lb/22stone? Ive tried so many diets in the past that have never bought me lasting results, so I have been interested in getting a lap band done after reading an article about it in the papers...

which lead me to do some research on the topic which in turn lead me here to this forum:cool2:.

At the moment im trying to save really hard for the Op has I will be self funding The doctors Just brushed the idea aside for Nhs Funding when I spoke to them:thumbdown:.

So Hopefully by the end of july early/Mid August I will get Banded Probally in Europe/Belgium where its a little cheaper.

Im fed up of Being Obese and Cant-Weight to get back to being me again!

Thanks for now

Cant-Weight

hi - im nik - from kent

i had my op on 15 may 08 . i went with why go abroad - which is a lot cheaper than other private places .

but there is no aftercare - hence why cheap .

i was 18 st - at 37 - which may not seem as that much but it was making my life a misery . i decided to have the band over the bypass and got it on finance .

I can honestly say - best thing i have ever done - so far so good .

but i am only 2 weeks post op - so i can only tell you so much - but the guys on here can help and support you like you would not beleive - every one is so kind and any question you have they answer.

good luck and stay in touch - nik

Thanks Nik, I Know exactly what you mean, being overweight for so long im just fed up of it. Ive been fortunate so far health wise according to recent check ups no blood pressure diabetes etc which is common in my family I dont want to go down that route.

thats why I really want to get this done being a new dad also...

Ive done a little research on this place (obesitysolutions.co.uk) seems quite good the Op would be in belgium but they also do refills in london too. They have had quite alot of good recommendations, And are quite reasonable on the price £3800.

I'll keep in touch with you your an inspiration to me, and not to far from my neck of the woods also lol...

just cant wait to get it done!!!!!!!

i had my op in west brom - near brum - £4900.00 . have a look on wga website . it is part of the hospital group .

so it is not that expensive - but this did not include fills - do you have any suggestions of places that i can get my fill done as i am currently looking in to it now .

hang in there - you have decided they way you want to go - you now just have to dot the i's and cross the t's .

cheers nik

A Little update, took me ages to find the pennys but finally got there Got me Operation date now 9th feb 09

wohooo feeling really excited and nervous at the sametime

So will be a Bandster very soon.

:rolleyes2::thumbup: