Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Audun Sigurdsson

Hi All

Having my consultation at WGA next week, my surgeon is Audun Sigurdsson, just wondering if anyone else has had theres done by him or gong to be??

Kerri xx

Hi Kerri Dr Sigurdsson did my banding on saturday, he was lovely and very reasurring.

He even made jokes with me before i was put under which helped me relax.

Good luck hun

Jules

xxx

at the end of Feb this year. He was fine, no issues with teh surgery or aftercare. In fact the nurses were absolutely lovely. I had mine done through the Hospital group because I wanted the aftercare service that they offer. I have a face to face or telephone meetign with the dietician every month and I have found that very useful. I had a 5cc fill in April and am having another 1cc put in next week. I have lost 25lb which isnt as massive as some of our US friends but I am happy because it is really not impacting my life that much at all but I am losing about a pound a week. I am sure I could do it more quickly if I starved but, hey, life is too short for that.

Hope everything goes well for you. I still believe that it was the best decision I have every made. I wish I had done it 10 years ago!!!

Thanks for that, I feel better knowing other people have had him do their surgery and he seems really good.

Your weight loss is great, you are alot better losing it slowly as it is better for your skin!!

Keep up the great work!!

Kerri x

Im also booked in with thus surgeon for mon 7th June, a week tomoz and it will all be over, I'm very scared, and just hope this is wat is going to help me lose the weight, I'm 3days into my pre op diet, lost 6lbs...but finding it very hard, smells of foods r killing me!!! X

Hello,

I had my op done by him on Saturday and he was brilliant. It is now Tuesday and I am feeling really good. Even after the op I was thinking..... have I had it done cos my tummy just feels a bit sore!! I can now lye on my sides which is brilliant as just after the op you have to sleep upright-ish

I did get shoulder and back ache after the op and up until yesterday but I think that was just where I was holding myself stiff. Sigurdsson sometimes gives you a head start when he fits the band and leaves some saline in after he has tested the band. my only regret was that I didnt check he did that with me..... I hope so!!

I had my op done about midday and around 7pm he came to my room and asked if I was ok. He told me all went well and he would see me again, he shuck my hand and told me good luck and to follow the rules.

I followed the milk diet and it is very hard however I did sort of cheat and had two slimfast shakes and a 600 cal meal for my tea on two of the days. As long as you dont go over 1000 cals you should be ok. I did make sure I only had slimfast shakes on the last day before my op, then fluids on the day of the op. For the 7 day milk diet my Advisor told me to have 3 slimfast shakes a day and 2 x 60g of yoghurt, so that helped and the oxo drinks helped with the hunger pangs.

I really wish you guys all the best for the op. I was really scared but it all went great! I had my Op done at the Hospital Group and they where really nice.

Its up to me now. I am the one that puts the food in my mouth and they are my demons to beat.

The band is a tool and I intend to use it to the max!!

xxxx:thumbup:

Thank u so much for the info, I'm soo nervous, think with it only been 6days away now I'm getting really nervous, I'm very quiet around everyone as my mind is thinking bout it so much. You read so many good and not so good things on here, do total mixed emotions and thoughts, I started the pre op diet on fri of last week and have now lost 8lbs, exactly wat the nurse I seen at my consultation asked me to lose, so doing ok there, more than anything I'm worried about getting the IV in I'm not a good patient at all, petrified of needles and hate medicines, so I know it's gonna b a hard time for me altho I'm sure this time nxt week I'll b glad it's all done

xxx

Hello,

I had my op done by him on Saturday and he was brilliant. It is now Tuesday and I am feeling really good. Even after the op I was thinking..... have I had it done cos my tummy just feels a bit sore!! I can now lye on my sides which is brilliant as just after the op you have to sleep upright-ish

I did get shoulder and back ache after the op and up until yesterday but I think that was just where I was holding myself stiff. Sigurdsson sometimes gives you a head start when he fits the band and leaves some saline in after he has tested the band. my only regret was that I didnt check he did that with me..... I hope so!!

I had my op done about midday and around 7pm he came to my room and asked if I was ok. He told me all went well and he would see me again, he shuck my hand and told me good luck and to follow the rules.

I followed the milk diet and it is very hard however I did sort of cheat and had two slimfast shakes and a 600 cal meal for my tea on two of the days. As long as you dont go over 1000 cals you should be ok. I did make sure I only had slimfast shakes on the last day before my op, then fluids on the day of the op. For the 7 day milk diet my Advisor told me to have 3 slimfast shakes a day and 2 x 60g of yoghurt, so that helped and the oxo drinks helped with the hunger pangs.

I really wish you guys all the best for the op. I was really scared but it all went great! I had my Op done at the Hospital Group and they where really nice.

Its up to me now. I am the one that puts the food in my mouth and they are my demons to beat.

The band is a tool and I intend to use it to the max!!

xxxx:thumbup:

I totally know how you feel about needles. I felt the same. I have to lie down when blood is taken as I get dizzy and feel like I will pass out. The Anethaetist was absolulty brilliant and although you feel the little sting of the needle in your hand for two seconds for the drip it wasnt bad at all. I thought I would be a wreck whilst they where putting me under but do you know, I was surprisingly calm. It was the start of a new life for me. The day before the op I was weepy..... looking at my two kids thinking what the hell am I doing, what if it goes wrong..... but I knew I wasnt thinking straight and was dwelling on the bad side. All that you are feeling is normal and Sigurdsson said that to me when I signed the consent forms, he said it was ok to feel scared, its human nature. after the op I thought I would hate the IV being in me but I didnt feel it in my hand at all.

I can honestly say its not that bad. You will be fine.

Please keep in touch as it would be nice to offer each other support, seeing that we are new banders together :rolleyes:

my name is trudy i had my band fitted by him in may 2010 at the priory in birmingham via the hospital group. last friday i had to have the port removed to a severe infection and now have an open wound i am not saying the surgeon is at fault but i informed the company i went through that there was a problem in july took 2 month to finally get referred back to him and a further 4 weeks to have the infected port and absses drained, make sure you ask the right questions.