Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

My Scale Really Is Broke!

MY scale IS BROKE! I know we've all thought this sometimes but mine really is! Yesterday, I had an appointment with my doc and was elated to learn I'd lost 6 pounds since my last visit. Why was I excited? Not only b/c it was after a weekend get-a-way (that I felt my band took a vacation b/c I could eat just about everything) but also because my scale said that I GAINED TWO POUNDS! I've done all the tricks...changing the battery, moving it (which then it said I gained a pound in a minute!) and making sure I weighed myself without clothes and then with exactly what I'm wearing to the docs office and it LIED TO ME! How cruel! I'm excited, but I think I'm going to throw my scale out the window! Just wanted to share a laugh and encourage someone that maybe their scale is broke too!

weight.png

Banded 2/4/08 and feeling great!

Mine's broken too...but the other way. It told me 207 last week. Then I weighed on a friend's scale, and it said 217. That was with clothes and stuff on though. Then, I weighed several times and the average seemed to be 214. So I'm guessing that was right. It was the end of the day so I'm usually two to three pounds heavier then. In the mornings, I was about 211 or 212. Now it says 209 and I think that's right. I need to get a new scale!!!! Good thing tomorrow is payday!

I have a broken scale as well. I can change several pounds in a couple of minutes just by getting back onto it. It was the expensive, top-of-the-line, digital, lithium powered supposed to last eternally . . . it does last, the numbers are just wrong :0) Before I realized it was not working correctly (can you really gain 7 pounds, or lose 4 pounds in one day????), I was very upset about the erratic weight changes. It was thrilling to be down but devastating to be up.

I bought a cheap standard scale with the little wheel for $7 bucks at Target. It works great. It never changes unless it is supposed to and seems reliable. I'm a happy camper now.

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Trending Products

• Trending Topics

• Recent Status Updates

• BetterLeah

Woohoo! I have 7 more days till surgery, So far I am already down a total of 20lbs since I started this journey. 
      · 1 reply
      1. NeonRaven8919

Well done! I'm 9 days away from surgery! Keep us updated!

• Ladiva04

Hello,
      I had my surgery on the 25th of June of this year. Starting off at 117 kilos.😒
      · 1 reply
      1. NeonRaven8919

Congrats on the surgery!

• Sandra Austin Tx

I’m 6 days post op as of today. I had the gastric bypass 
      · 0 replies
      1. This update has no replies.
    • RacMag  »  bhogue925

Hi, I’m new here. I’m currently on the liver shrinking diet. So far so good, but I have to say I haven’t found a protein shake I like. Anyone have any suggestions please? My surgery date is September 17th. 
      · 2 replies
      1. BlondePatriotInCDA

Fairlife Core are by far the best. They taste just as they are - chocolate milk. You can either get the 26 grams or the 42 grams (harder to find and more expensive). For straight protein look at Bulksuppliments.com ..they have really good whey proteins and offer auto ship plus they test for purity. No taste or smell...

2. BlondePatriotInCDA

Fairlife has strawberry, vanilla and of course chocolate. No more calories than other protein drinks. Stay away from Premiere, they're dealing with lawsuits due to not being honest about protein content.

• Doctor-Links

HGH For Sale
      hgh for sale at our online pharmacy

Human growth hormone (HGH) is a small protein which is made in part of the brain called the pituitary gland. It travels in your bloodstream all over your body to make your body grow.
      HGH is very important in the body. It is needed for children to grow normally. It helps make sure there is enough muscle and fat in the body. It keeps our bones healthy.
      Buy Rybelsus online, Rybelsus tablets
      You can order for wegovy at our online pharmacy
      Check for the prices of 0.25mg, 0.5mg and 1mg at our online pharmacy and buy ozempic.
      · 0 replies
      1. This update has no replies.
  • Recent Topics

• Hot Products

Our Newsletter

Follow us for the latest news
    and special product offers!
  • Together, we have lost...
      lbs

PatchAid Vitamin Patches