Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

I'm here to help...

I didn't post yesterday??

10/1 is Vegas date

Great Janet Phly Joyce Linda Eva all for sure...

Phyl - I'll pick you up :0) !!! We will go the back way thur 29 palms ;0)

I was in the mall just for a second cuz we had to meet peaches did a little shopping but not what I could have - looked great - the outlets are great too - they have a coach & ann taylor ;0)

Ya that whole shopping thing - well I really am going to try... Just cuz it looks good doesn't mean I need it :0)

Laurak - Safe trip and glad you are going to meet some of us

Great I love looking into house under construction :0)

Charlene - I have been trying to stay away from QVC ;0) I saw that yesterday -got on line but didn't buy anything - those 5 pays seem to take forever to pay off ;0)

Well this is drive by - gotta hit the showers - cbl

Good morning. I think I am finally going to get my patio concrete poured today, I will believe it when the cement truck shows up! They put most the forms in on Sat. but still have a small sidewalk to finish doing that for. Then hopefully in a week or two we can get some sod and be rid of our dirt/mud situation in the back. My dogs are filthy but no sense giving them baths.

Phyl, that would concern me about that puppy too. Have you considered getting a brand new puppy so you could train it and bring it up in your situations and not have to break some bad habits?? I had some friends needing to find a home for a small dog that would be perfect for you in Denver.

Janet, is that mall in Vegas you are talking about? DH & I went into one on the strip, it was quite large, mostly just went to Ann Taylor Loft. :thumbup: When I lived there I went to an outlet at the very end of the strip a lot but I don't remember what was there besides Nike. I used to go for my son's shoes as his feet were growing so fast and so large. He went from a size 12 to a size 16 or 17 in one school year. Thankfully they stopped growing then, he was only in 7th or 8th grade.

Arlene, yep carbs will do that to me too. That's why I was wondering why steak was a no no and a bagel was ok. Speaking of steak I had one of my costco Filet mignons last night. Oh was it good! No I didn't even watch QVC yesterday. Am just waiting for my ring to arrive. Say hi to DH for me in Houston today, I think he's at Intercontinental today. He has both airports but was only going to one.

Phyl, that would concern me about that puppy too. Have you considered getting a brand new puppy so you could train it and bring it up in your situations and not have to break some bad habits?? I had some friends needing to find a home for a small dog that would be perfect for you in Denver.

Janet, is that mall in Vegas you are talking about? DH & I went into one on the strip, it was quite large, mostly just went to Ann Taylor Loft. :thumbup: When I lived there I went to an outlet at the very end of the strip a lot but I don't remember what was there besides Nike. I used to go for my son's shoes as his feet were growing so fast and so large. He went from a size 12 to a size 16 or 17 in one school year. Thankfully they stopped growing then, he was only in 7th or 8th grade.

Arlene, yep carbs will do that to me too. That's why I was wondering why steak was a no no and a bagel was ok. Speaking of steak I had one of my costco Filet mignons last night. Oh was it good! No I didn't even watch QVC yesterday. Am just waiting for my ring to arrive. Say hi to DH for me in Houston today, I think he's at Intercontinental today. He has both airports but was only going to one.

I did some googling about Las Vegas outlets, looks like there's a few outlet malls/centers to choose from, the first one is the one I remember:

Las Vegas Outlet Center - Designer Outlet Stores & Map

Fashion Outlets of Las Vegas

Las Vegas Premium Outlets

All 3 had an Ann Taylor! LOL

Yeah... I know Janet has a favorite shopping place in Vegas but she'll have to tell us which one it is.

Wii says I'm down 2 1/2 lb this week. Hope the TOPS scale agrees.

Definitely open to all options including a puppy. What kind of dog does your friend in Denver have??

Good morning girls!

I had a tough morning today. Took Nels to his first day of camp! (It's a sea life camp at the beach- sharks and stingrays today!!!) I was more anxious (by a mile) than he was. He went to camp the last couple summers but it was at his Montessori school (so it was the same place/same teachers). This is is first year going to a big kid camp- where he is one of the youngest kids (starts at age 6). Just getting out of wet/sandy clothes, changing, getting lunch, packing up all their stuff (without intervention). There are camp counselors but they have to be able to do everything on their own. I KNOW he will be fine- I just worry about him. Nothing worse than if you are hot/sweaty/wet and your underwear and shorts get rolled and tangled- trying to get them up. Heat index is near 100 and just worry about him drinking Water. I know... I know... he will be fine. I feel like I need a glass of wine or something!

Well, I had said I was proud of my NOT gaining weight while I was in NC... well, I LOST 3 lbs!!! Perhaps it was all the stress... and I did eat pretty healthy. Will see check in a couple days before i change my ticker. I have soooo much to do today (cleaning, unpacking, shopping, etc) so probably won't get to the gym today and just too late to walk outside now. (but I vow to go tomorrow after I drop him off at camp!) I didn't get much done this weekend as I spent most of it trying to give DH some "down time" the last two days of his vacation after the stressful week in NC. We had a great Fathers Day. The boys had an early morning swim and then cooked two of DH's favorite meals. Lunch: Grilled ground lamb kebabs, hummus, grilled pita, greek salad, stuffed grape leaves. Dinner: Grilled chicken, sliced homegrown tomatoes, Pasta with garlic/parsley/yogurt. I didn't have bread and had 1/4 cup of the Pasta and just that little bit bothered me! Felt full/stuck/pain for 2 hrs after. No PB but was not comfortable (I guess it just swelled up after I ate).

I looked at some of the places you mentioned for Vegas. Nice! I like the ones that have the kitchen, etc. It works out nice to have fridge for water/yogurt,etc. I am working on it- hope I can make it. :thumbup:

Phyl~sorry to hear that puppy didn't work out. From what I hear, it is best that you stuck to your gut instinct. The right one will come along.

Janet~ I hear ya on the shopping! I can't wait to be at a place where no more clothes to give away- and have what you need. : ) I am sooo proud of you!

Eva~ safe travels!

Arlene~ Sorry to hear about the reaction to carbs. Switch it up and should balance out.

Linda!~ wow, the sales sounded fabulous! WTG!

Apples~ Are you back yet?! hugs.

LauraK~ Happy travels!

ok guys, going to get my work done! I will CBL tonight. peasout... Laura

Phyl,

I am not sure what kind of dog it was, but I think they found a home, want me to check?? It was a little furball type dog named Charlie.

Laura, congrats on the 3 lbs!!!

Excited to meet LauraK tonight -- can't wait to get off and drive up there. LOL. And, I can't wait until October now - I'm having too much excitement -- my trip next month -- and Vegas. I cut the tags off all my new clothes and already packed them for the trip -- no sense putting them in the closet/drawers - all I have to do is add my undies and swim suits and I'm ready to go.

Arlene, sorry about the stall, but you'll get it rolling again. You are an inspiration to all of us.

I got up at 5:00 and went to the gym -- I was proud of myself cause I was tired and really wanted to stay in bed and not work out but I promised myself over the weekend to try to work out every day until my trip so I did it. I want to look the best I can look when I get to Florida. My dress is sleeveless so I gotta continue to keep my arms in decent shape.

Janet, I have to clean out my closet again - most everything is too big again and I need to get rid of it so I don't have to buy more hangers -- you know it's bad when all the closets are full and you run out of hangers. I certainly should not shop any more either. (Until Vegas that it cause I wanna shop at Ann Taylor Loft).

Lori, yeah, I used to shop at that outlet mall too at the end of Las Vegas Blvd. -- its a great mall. I'm so happy you are running into some of your former friends and they are welcoming you. Have fun on your camping trip this weekend.

Phyll, sorry that dog didn't work out, but I do think you made a good decision -- she might have been okay eventually, but I worry about any dog that has biten in the past. It could be a sign of very bad abuse too. As we said before, the right one will find you. What a wonderful DH Earl is -- I'm impressed!!!

Laura, congrats on the 3 lbs. That's fabulous!!!!

CBL

Linda

Edited by ljv52

Phyll - sorry she didn't work for you. The right one will come along. Keep searching - a baby needs you. So pleased that DH is supporting your desire for a pet. What a sweetie he is.

LauraK and Linda - I'm jealous of your chance to meet. Enjoy, ladies. Safe travel LauraK & DD.

Arlene - Our daughter lives in Houston & works at the Four Seasons downtown.

Didn't realize you were there. I'll put that in my memory bank for a future chance to meet.

Joyce don't be jealous, get even -- we need to plan a weekend together -- I have my hs friend in Shawnee and could see her and meet you on same weekend -- after my trip we'll have to try to plan something.

Hope Apples checks in soon - with all the storms I worry (I'm such a mother hen).

Linda

Phyll - sorry she didn't work for you. The right one will come along. Keep searching - a baby needs you. So pleased that DH is supporting your desire for a pet. What a sweetie he is.

LauraK and Linda - I'm jealous of your chance to meet. Enjoy, ladies. Safe travel LauraK & DD.

Linda - congrats on the shopping. It has been sooooo many years since I enjoyed shopping. You really scored the bargains. Wow.

Phyll - we also tried to find a rescue puppy, but, in the end, went for a baby dog so we could train him and NOT inherit problems. It was really a challenge living thru all the puppy energy - but he will be 2 on Friday and now he knows our routine and has settled in well.

Last time I was in LV I visited one of the outlet malls about 20 min. from the strip. Chico's is there and great bargains.

Linda - I'll look forward to a chance to meet in Shawnee. I'll buy lunch and your friend can join us too.

Forgot to say congrats to Laura on 3 more lbs.

Lori - hope you get your patio today.

Maids just left after washing windows. Looks so nice and they'll be back tomorrow to clean house.

Linda - can't believe you got up @ 5 a.m. for the gym. That's commitment. So proud of you.

This is my first time posting from my I-touch so please forgive any typos. But had to post right away and say I just left the gym!!!

I did it, it's been way too long since I've done any formal working out. I tried a few machines and have

an orientation with a trainer on Wed. I can go to any club so may check out another tomorrow that is about

as far and see which Iike best

Great......WooHoo! for the gym and a trainer.

Joyce......yes I live south of Houston......about 25 minutes from downtown Houston.

Laura and Linda......yep the carbs got me.....gotta step up the walking to lose by Wednesday.

Janet.......the five easy pymts can really get ya. They had flat screen tv yesterday and sold out. I just needed some makeup. I started to buy Dr Denese wrinkle stuff, but I think I will just save for a facelift way down the rode. PS for my tummy is first. It prevents me from wearing a smaller size. First, I want to lose at least fifty lbs more.