Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

I'm here to help...

Apples~ I OFFICIALLY will stop complaining about the cold. Geez. LOOK AT THAT SNOW! And to think I put hats and gloves on Nels today. It's 57 this afternoon. The pie looks GREAT! Love the snowflakes on your windows!

Just got home from school and now off to Taekwondo...... hi ho hi ho....peasout.....Laura

PS. Breakfast 20gr Protein Bar 200cal, cup milk 90 cal.

lunch 1 cup lentil Soup (200 cal?) salad with LF dressing (50 cal?) (it was this new restaurant called Mecafresh)

So... going out for dinner. Hmmmm... Let's see if I can fill up the rest of my calories. <smirk>

Apples~ I OFFICIALLY will stop complaining about the cold. Geez. LOOK AT THAT SNOW! And to think I put hats and gloves on Nels today. It's 57 this afternoon. The pie looks GREAT! Love the snowflakes on your windows!

Just got home from school and now off to Taekwondo...... hi ho hi ho....peasout.....Laura

PS. Breakfast 20gr Protein Bar 200cal, cup milk 90 cal.

lunch 1 cup lentil Soup (200 cal?) salad with LF dressing (50 cal?) (it was this new restaurant called Mecafresh)

So... going out for dinner. Hmmmm... Let's see if I can fill up the rest of my calories. <smirk>

Laura...what brand of Protein Bar do you eat? DH and I eat them for breakfast and Snacks. DS also does a quick walk through of mom's pantry every once in awhile and fills up a gallon sized baggie with Protein Bars. He also has gotten into the habit of eating them for breakfast. He is not overweight but he noticed he put on 10lbs. Do you think it could have been the (2) Sausage, egg and cheese croussants he was consuming every morning on his way out here to work??????? 80% fat calories in those things. :smile2:

Hi all. Apples, looks about the same out my doors and windows - wind is howling out there -- supposed to be a low of -25 and a high tomorrow of -3. I'm soooo happy I'm not going anywhere.

Laura, I do have trouble keeping warm since losing the weight -- I am so cold some times I'm shivering and DH is hot -- it's a problem -- last night while watching Tv I had 2 fleece blankets over me and I had on my fleece pjs, wool socks, fleece lined slippers! Temp was set at 74 and DH was complaining it was too hot so I turned it down and just dealt with it.

I'm sick -- have a terrible cold -- have been around people all winter with colds and finally caught one -- oh well. Bought some Tylenol cold tabs yesterday which are working well. Had my fill yesterday -- now up to 6.25 and I do hope that's all I'll need. I worry each time it'll be too much. But so far all the soft foods are doing okay. I had a terrible incident in the middle of the night -- got up - my bowel was rumbling terrible and had really bad diahrrea - I had to stay up 2 hours in the middle of the night taking meds and going to the bathroom. Then slept in till 9:30 this a.m. Still rumbling, but was able to keep food in. Not sure what is up - I did have a can of Soup last night that I noticed was a little over the expiration date -- looked okay, smelled okay and tasted fine -- but maybe I should not have eaten it. Live and learn - I think we migiht be more sensitive after banding to things like that.

But, I did do a walking tape today -- felt horrible, but glad I got it done -- 50 mins. I didn't get to exercise yesterday as we were goine all day -- shopping was okay -- I shopped a lot (Sam's Club, VS, etc.) so I wasn't totally laying around. I have lost 2 of 3 pounds I gained over holdiays so only 1 more to go to get back to my 100 total (didn't change the ticker, I felt I deserved to let it stay). I was so happy it took less time to go away than usual -- as soon as I started exercising I lost. So that was good.

Judy, I cried too -- bless her little heart -- and you are such a good Mom -- it's a very tough decision and you were brave -- she is grateful - she is now at peace and has no pain and is waiting for you at the rainbow bridge. She's there with all our other loved ones running around and having a fun time. Okay, I have to stop, too much crying,

LauraK sorry about that potato - I'll be very careful next time I have one.

Got my insurance papers for my surgery - over $51,000 for everything - and I pay 0. It's fabulous to have great insurance -- I can't even imagine not having good insurance. And, I'm sure this is cheap conpared to larger cities.

I write for 8 to 12 year olds. My one story is called "Aunt Lil's Magic Muffins" -- about a special auntie who takes black bananas and turns them into banana choc. chip muffins for her neice. That one was published in a magazine and recently republished into a book of stories. My other story was just a non-fiction piece about the American flag. Not real exciting. My book is a time travel book about a boy who travels back in time to 1943 and experiences what life is like during WWII. I love that time period. It's also a story for 8 to 12 year olds. It's a good story and I do think I have a shot at getting it published. I do need to work on it -- really done, just fine tuning is all I need to do. Maybe before I go back to work.

Well everyone, have a great afternoon and I'll CBL. Linda

Well my job dilimna might be solved. Just talked to my friend that I open the rec center with and she found out today that she got furloughed to part time and is no longer opening. The boss and another gal will be opening. Everyone's hours got cut. She had a copy of the schedule and my name is the only name not on it anywhere. So we think that means I am furloughed completely. I feel so bad for her, her husband just got furloughed last summer to part time and they've really struggled. He just got a 2nd part time job andthings were looking up for them and now this happens to her. And they dramatically changed her hours to 3 days a week and most of them nights, she's used to early hours. The gal that is opening with the boss is the newest person in the place and actually works for the HOA and not the rec center. Why she gets those hours no one knows. I wouldn't have wanted her job, but sucks that they didn't ask either. And DH just called and said we have to talk, and then someone came into his office and said he has to call me back, he never says we have to talk in the middle of the day like that, it's been an hour and I'm on pins and needles. I asked is it about moving and he just said, we have to talk. GRRRRR Nope it's not Texas Arlene, I'm not comfortable saying yet, I don't think anyone I know reads here but just in case.

I just have so much on my mind right now, I am amazed I'm not eating over it and gaining weight. There's the upcoming wedding, moving or not, my job, my knee, trip to Isreal, and a family situation involving money that has brought out some really ugly stuff in my mom, I'm almost embarrassed to say I am related. It's pertaining to my grandma's finances which I handle and am a joint owner on all her accounts (as is my mom) but I am about ready to say take my name off. Nothing is illegal but what she's asking my grandma to do is unethical I think. And I'm the only one speaking up and it's not going well. Grandma won't even speak up, and says whatever your mom wants. GRRRRR That's how my Grandma has always been though, no wonder she raised a monster!

I made it out to therapy and costco just fine, parking lots were tricky but roads for the most part were clearing. I am taking Grandma shopping tomorrow so I hope they are even better. She ahs some Christmas returns at Penneys.

Janet, I always get chicken thighs vs the breasts, since banding I can't handle the breasts. would love to do some damage at Loft with ya!!

Apples, your landscape looks similar to ours today in the white stuff but we don't have the drifts. What kind of pie might that be??

Linda, hope you are feeling better. Don't those new bras feel great? I could never shop at VS either and it feels good to know I can now.

JB, thinking of you this afternoon.

Laura, mittens for 57 degrees? Heck we'd be in shorts and sandals. LOL

OK Girls...let's start placing our bets on who will live closest to Great if she moves.

Great...Too bad you have to go through that with your GM and mother. Just hang in there and do what is right for your GM. She's the one that has to be taken care of. Another struggle for you when it comes to your mom. So sorry.

That pie is multi-berry/rhubarb. Blueberries, Blackberries. It's gone. I didn't get any. But, the seafood lasagna was good...minus Pasta.

Still storming here. Worse than it was this morning.

Let us know when you can tell us where you might live.

Janet...thanks for posting that recipe. Have some company coming for dinner this weekend and might make it.

Love berry pie but you lost me at rhubarb. LOL

so just what goes in seafood lasagne and don't say just seafood. LOL sounds interesting.

Still no phone call back from DH. How cruel of him!! LOL We gotta talk and then hang up on me. LOL I know he couldn't help it, someone came into his office and he couldnt' talk. He'll be home in another hour at the latest I hope.

Lori, sounds like you have a lot on your plate.....and I don't mean food. Just take it one day at a time.

Linda, those books sound awesome.......especially the book that takes place during the WWII era. Let me know if it is published. My grandson would love to read it.

Me too.....I am a thigh person, but I have to cook breasts for DH. For some reason every time I eat chicken breast or salmon I get stuck.

Great - Well you didn't want the early morning :0) but what a way to find out...

Hugs on the family issues - I know how tough they are..

Ok you have really peaked my curiosity - ok She's close to me right not - I think closer to me than anyone else CO isn't that far from me..

DH works for airlines ??? Hub areas I guess - how about Chicago??? LAX would be great - we could met half way at some the Loft & shop..

I can do ck breast as long as it's moist - I can't do stringy but I like dark meat - so for 10 cal I got the ck thighs

Laura - I am not a big fan of pt bars - this is the reason Apples dh has gained 10 lbs - they may have Protein but if you eat too many (not saying you are - I would cuz they don't fill me up) it's not diff that eating candy..

Linda - Sorry for the cold - knock wood - I haven't had anything this winter - but can't say I get sick often

Glad you got the girls up where they belong - that will make you look 10 lbs thinner..

Judy - Thinking about you hugs...

Deb - Are you busy at work today or watching more master theater :0)

Well back to work - I just saw 3 emails hit my mail box...

Love berry pie but you lost me at rhubarb. LOL

so just what goes in seafood lasagne and don't say just seafood. LOL sounds interesting.

Still no phone call back from DH. How cruel of him!! LOL We gotta talk and then hang up on me. LOL I know he couldn't help it, someone came into his office and he couldnt' talk. He'll be home in another hour at the latest I hope.

Great...I use medium sized shrimp and scallops. As you could see, I used a roasting pan to make enough for the guys, so that was a double recipe.

I make a sauce from 1/3 cream cheese, LF evaporated milk, parmesan grated fresh cheese, a little garlic, a little flour. All is cooked until becomes thick. I layer seafood/noodles/sauce and mozarella sliced or grated cheese.

I had some rhubarb to us so I threw it in the pie. That's where that came from!

Nope, Janet, no more TV at work today; I actually tried to get some work done. I have a bunch of work backed up, but can't seem to get my a** in gear!

Apples, that seafood lasagna looked wonderful...but I'd hate to see your food bill!! Oh, BTW, I also wear those La Mystere bras. Aren't they great? I get them on eBay though for cheaper.

I scheduled a fill for next week. At this point, I'm hungry too soon after I eat, and am being tempted way too much. I haven't gained, but I'm not losing anything either.

We got a bunch of snow last night and it is sooooo cold...luckily I have a little Honda CRV and it goes good in the snow. Had to pick up DS and give him a ride to work this morning so I got in late. Same for tomorrow.

Linda, I admire your working on your writing. I was taking writing classes for a while at the university, but I haven't kept up with it. Got lots of good feedback and have a few short stories, but haven't sent them anywhere yet.

I'm feeling a little down tonight...not sure why. Just one of those days. You guys always cheer me up though.

I love rhubarb. Especially with strawberry, so probably great with all berries. My dad used to cook it to mush and add lots of sugar and strawberry Jello. It does need a lot of sugar to be edible unless combined with other things.

Lauri, hope its closer to Chicago.

Man, took forever to read your posts.

Linda, thanks for the info. Got one story that tells about my grandsons and I going for a walk and the moon was out and because he wanted to play with us. It's actually a true story and when we sat down to drink our chocolate milk my grandson said, "Look Grandma, the moon has a chocolate milk mustache."

Another one is a rhyming story of twins who fall asleep and dream about being dancing fairies. I also wrote a story where I use different flowers and different milk shake flavors to explain why people come in different colors and flavors.

If I could make a living writing, I would. However, since its really hard to make enough, I'm enrolling in Sped courses. I only need 3 to get the endorsement on my teaching certificate. Hopefully I can take them this summer. Then I just keep taking more courses to get my Masters. That should make me more employable. They can pay me less to start because I don't have my Masters. That's actually a draw.

Hey, everyone's posting bra color on FB for breast cancer awareness.

So, for today, nude/beige.

Hi there, I made it back from my trip to Bismarck... The temp never got over -13 today... We are expecting -35 for tonight and that is without wind chill factor... tomorrow I stay put!!!! Wasn't too bad except going into the hospital as it is quite a ways from the parking lot.... I went to one floor to say good bye to my SIL's father and see her and my bro.... So sad... he took a turn for the worst last night and now they are just making him comfortable till he dies..... I hope it is quick.... the lingering is so hard..... THEN......I went down 2 floors to meet my new little great nephew.... so sweet and looks just like his daddy, my nephew.... he fell asleep in my arms.... so nice..... From one extreme to the other.... I guess that's life's circle.... one coming and one going................ God bless them both........

Cheri, congrats on DH's new job.... and your books sound fun... And the bra thing............most all of mine are white.......so white for today!!!

Judy, hugs for you and your baby... We had to put our dog down last summer (2008). A great big 115 pound catahoulla......... Spike.. but he was old and losing control of things.. Was just the right thing to do... DH and he were the best pals and DH took it very hard... I still miss him... Actually gave framed pictures of him to DH and DD for Christmas this year.....

Apples, the food looks great.... Don't do seafood, but it sure was a pretty lasagna... The scene from my windows looks the same except we live in town... DH moved snow all day yesterday on our property... We have rental stuff, so there is alot and then Mom's and DD's, too.... Today he did daycare till I got home so there will be more tomorrow... I will e-mail you the info you want....

Jessica, how are you doing today???

Meredith, so sorry about Andrew's friend... That's tough especially this time of year... Hope you are okay.

Linda, so sorry you are sick... Man.. it was a rough night.. Hope you are much better soon.... The books sound wonderful....

Laura K..........hope you recover from your potato soon... No fun....

Great, hope you get the news sooner rather than later.. I hate it when DH does that to me and then stops... Drives a person half crazy imagining all sorts of scenerios.... And the mother thing..... I can really relate.... I have something similar going on in my family and I hate it.... Stay tough...

Deb, sorry you are feeling a bit blue.... this too shall pass..... remember all your new friends here and let us help if we can....

Laura, I can only imagine how much trouble it is for you to have these cold temps when you aren't prepared for them... We are prepared and every year when it comes we all have to adjust over again....

Janet, I can't do dark meat chicken... I don't even know why, but I just can't do it... I need white meat and unless it is very moist it gets stuck most of the time... So I don't do much chicken any more....

Don't know who I missed, but wish you all a safe and warm evening... I'm going to ge my jammies on and snuggle in for the night.... No Mimi tomorrow as it is DD's 26th B'day and she is taking her to work with her as she is going out tomorrow night... Mimi gets to go the great grandma's house with another little girl for a sleep over... My mom would be crushed if she didn't come....

Well, better get going... DH is hollering about what is on TV tonight.... Hugs to all..... Stay warm and cozy. Julie

Wow, I eat chicken breast all the time -- I live on that and fish. I barely eat any other meats. I have no problem with it. Deb, sorry you are down. Try to cheer up (easier said than done). Don't admire me too much - I haven't worked on my writing in quite awhile - spent a lot of this year just working on me and I neglected my writing pretty badly -- need to get back in a routine but tough with work too.

Everything is closed tomorrow -- supposed to be -30 without wind chill and a high tomorrow of -6 -- wow. It's been awhile since we've had temps like this. Bad thing is the wind -- when I open my back door for poor Merry to go out the wind is just howling and whipping snow all over. DH always shovels part of the deck and grass area off the deck for her so she doesn't have to leap through snow drifts -- he is so kind to her.

Lori, let us know what's happening with DH. Sorry about the problems with our mom. I'm sure that will worry you if you do leave the Denver area as well -- I'm sorry you're having such a difficult time, especially now during your recovery. Sorry about the job -- that's pretty crappy way to handle things.

Cheri your stories sound great - it's fun to write -- especially when it's about our kids -- my Aunt Lil story is about me and my neice -- not exactly a true story, but some things in the story really did happen.

Julie, glad you made it home safely - sorry about your extended family member -- such a terrible time for dying - so darn miserable out -- so hard on those being left behind. I hope I die when it's nice weather out -- easier on my loved ones.

Not much else happening here --just staying warm -- hope you all have a good night. Hey, they are saying by next Wednes it should be 30 -- that will feel like SPRING!!! Yippee. CBL. Stay safe, everyone. Linda