Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

I'm here to help...

Lori- you are taking Oxycontin and Vicodine together - that's pretty powerful stuff (oxycontin) - Dr Janet agrees - cut back - vicodine makes me sick to my stomach if I take too much and by that I mean the 1st dose is fine - but when I got to take the 2nd dose - i get nauseated - I would love to try oxycontin it's suppose to be good - I have neices who are vicodine addicts - infact - my nephew and his wife got divorced because of it - it affects some pple like speed - like I said - i would never be a vicodine addict - I still have some from my surgery (liquid) it's most likely expired but if something is really hurting me I will mix just a tad of it with liquid Tylenol

I guess it's called oxycodone, not sure if that's different. When I got up from my nap I just took one of the vicadin type pill and am doing fine on. To top it all off I have an itchy 'trunk' and took some benedryl, think I will just take that at night. I didn't have this much trouble with my RX's last time.

I gotta brag on my DH, he has been so good to me. I must've gotten up about 10 times last night and he was always right there, he sees me take the last sip of Water out of my water jug and he's there to refill. Now he ran to get me a Sonic Blast. I know not the best choice but the cold feels so good on my throat after having that tube down it in surgery.

Have fun at your party tonight Apples.

Janet, I can drink ok I don't think I ate to fast. I was able to eat oatmeal tonight so it may still be irratated. I don't think my Dr will do unfill until at least 1 week passes. If I remember right from what his nurse said. She had band done 4 weeks before me. Decided to just take it easy.

Laura K

LauraK LOVE YOUR PICTURE !!! I am glad you got the oatmeal down w/no problem - yep just take it easy and let it settle in

I guess it's called oxycodone, not sure if that's different. When I got up from my nap I just took one of the vicadin type pill and am doing fine on. To top it all off I have an itchy 'trunk' and took some benedryl, think I will just take that at night. I didn't have this much trouble with my RX's last time.

I gotta brag on my DH, he has been so good to me. I must've gotten up about 10 times last night and he was always right there, he sees me take the last sip of Water out of my water jug and he's there to refill. Now he ran to get me a Sonic Blast. I know not the best choice but the cold feels so good on my throat after having that tube down it in surgery.

Have fun at your party tonight Apples.

Lori - I guess I have a big throat - mine didn't bother me at all - How sweet of your DH - You have all the right in the world to brad...

Melissa...sorry it took so long for me to respond...was on the road today.

OK...this is the way it is....3-3BR condos. If there are 3 to a condo, each person's price is about $105. If you have more to a condo, you just split it more ways.

2 of the bedrooms have (2) twin beds and the 3rd bedroom has a king size bed. There is a sleeper sofa in each condo also.

As far as I know, we have not planned any activities. I figured that is something we can discuss once we get there. I was thinking maybe we would just hang out and visit most of the time. Just thought we would leave it open. It's so difficult to coordinate something like that and please everyone.

So sorry your job is so stressful. Try to do something relaxing during your down time. Bathtub and a book? That would be my thing. Take care. Let me know if you have any other questions.:smile2:

Okay I am in with my mom if we can share a room the king that will be cool then we will have an extra room for someone else in our condo if more people are coming. I am up for chatting and laying around or shopping so it is cool i think we might drive it is a 8 hrs drive not to bad if we split it but we will see we might fly. I will no more as we get close but we are coming.

Janet...........just checking in. I broke down and made Texas Trash (chex mix) for the kids. Then I made a new mix on the back of the Cinamon Chex. It is 100cal a serving. I made it in the microwave and it was good stuff. Snickerdoodle Mix.

Hopefully, I can start walking again. The weather finally has cleared. What was our rain is now snow on the east coast. I hear Florida is getting the rain too.

Lori, I am glad you are home and doing good. Sometime when you itch it is the medication. If you don't feel right be sure and call the doctor.

Okay, back to sewing. My daughter and I have embroidered names on a dozen bath sheets and put ribbon on them and the washcloths. She is putting them with shower gel for her neices and nephews. How I got hooked into this........well.........you know"MOM can you help me"? I have enjoyed the bonding, and teaching her how to sew. Not to mention it keeps my mind off of food.< /p>

Okay, Gang, Take Care!

Okay I am in with my mom if we can share a room the king that will be cool then we will have an extra room for someone else in our condo if more people are coming. I am up for chatting and laying around or shopping so it is cool i think we might drive it is a 8 hrs drive not to bad if we split it but we will see we might fly. I will no more as we get close but we are coming.

YEA !!! I am so happy you & Mom are coming -

YEA !!! I am so happy you & Mom are coming -

Me too I already asked for the days off work.

I am very excited!!!!!

All,

Who was the person that mention a recipe alternative to spinach dip is was cheese or something rolled in something. I think it was Apples. Does this ring a bell?

Me too I already asked for the days off work.

I am very excited!!!!!

All,

Who was the person that mention a recipe alternative to spinach dip is was cheese or something rolled in something. I think it was Apples. Does this ring a bell?

Ya you gotta go back a few pages - lite cream cheese in a baggy with some soy sauce & garlic & onion powder like over night then in the morning roll in sesame seed - something like that and there were a few others - go back maybe 10 pages and I thiink you may be able to search this thread look above for search and type in cream cheese :0)

Good morningl! I had a pretty rough night, I went to bed at 730pm and got up at 8am but probably only slept half of that. If it wasn't the pain, it was having to use the potty, or thirsty, etc. And I got stronger pain pills this time and they are making me very loopy. DH & DD are laughing at me and the things I end up saying etc. I can't concentrate more than a minute or so on anything. The nurse told me in the hospital I'd make a happy drunk. LOL So not sure how to proceed, I have so much less pain this time but can't stand how I am feeling on these pills. I think I will try cutting down to just one vs 2 and see how I do, also have some left over vicodins. They told me these pills I have now (norcal or something like that) are twice as strong as vicodin. So I am sorry I am having a hard time keeping up with the posts, I've read them but don't remember a thing to respond to. LOL

Norco is another brand name for vicodin... hydrocodone with acetominophen. So I don't know what they're trying to tell you!! Maybe twice the strength that you had before??? I think you have a good idea... switch to one at a time. I took the oxycontin at night only, and just until they ran out because doc would not renew Rx for that once I got home from the hospital.

Vicodin:

Generic Name: acetaminophen and hydrocodone (a SEET a MIN oh fen and hye droe KOE done)

Brand Names: Anexsia, Dolorex Forte, Hycet, Liquicet, Lorcet, Lortab, Maxidone, Norco, Polygesic, Stagesic, Vicodin, Xodol, Zamicet, Zydone

Laura...maybe it wasn't a PB after all. Maybe I just choked on a Dust Bunny. God knows there's enough of them around. My house takes a back seat during harvest and then to get sprung about Christmas at our house tonight. Oh well, it's getting done. Gotta go.

HAIRBALL????? LOL

Up from my morning nap, awaiting DD's return with some McD's nuggets for lunch. Probably my first solid food in a few days. I am kindda nauseous. I compared my pain pill bottle from last time til this time. They both are hydrocodone or something like that. The old ones say 5mg and the new ones say 10mg. And then my dose is 2 so maybe that's why I am so loopy double the dose and I take oxycontin or something like that as well which I didn't last time. Think I will try cutting the dose in half and take one pill on my next dose. I was fine with that level of dose last time. I can't stand feeling like this. Oh and a side effect is mental/mood swings. DD & DH can vouch for that. I've been on the verge of tears all night and morning long. What do you nurses think of my plan?

So if they're 10 mg instead of 5 mg, and you take 2 instead of one... that's 4X as much as taking one of the others! YIKES! Yeah, I'd cut back! Especially if you take it WITH the oxycontin. They told me the oxycontin was MUCH stronger than the hydrocodone/vicodin. But I didn't think it did much for me so I wasn't upset when they wouldn't renew it. I would definitely get on a schedule closer to what you did after the 1st surgery, and I think I'd quit that oxycontin ASAP!

Just looked it up online and itching and confusion are both side effects... hopefully if you cut back those will stop... but don't know if Benadryl is a good idea as it also has a sedative effect!

Janet...........just checking in. I broke down and made Texas Trash (chex mix) for the kids. Then I made a new mix on the back of the Cinamon Chex. It is 100cal a serving. I made it in the microwave and it was good stuff. Snickerdoodle Mix.

Hopefully, I can start walking again. The weather finally has cleared. What was our rain is now snow on the east coast. I hear Florida is getting the rain too.

Lori, I am glad you are home and doing good. Sometime when you itch it is the medication. If you don't feel right be sure and call the doctor.

Okay, back to sewing. My daughter and I have embroidered names on a dozen bath sheets and put ribbon on them and the washcloths. She is putting them with shower gel for her neices and nephews. How I got hooked into this........well.........you know"MOM can you help me"? I have enjoyed the bonding, and teaching her how to sew. Not to mention it keeps my mind off of food.< /p>

Okay, Gang, Take Care!

Are you hand embroiderin or machines - My Mom taught me to embroider - use to do dish cloths - Haven't done it in years - last time I did it was pillow cases - for Xdh & I P for Pimentel - thinking about it I never did do it just bought them when he was laid up with knee surgery - something to do while sitting around the house (acl surgery) I think I ended up crocheting :0)

I learned to sew from both my mom & gm - haven't sewn in years but use to make my own clothes..

Oh gang good new - I did tread mill this morning and as you all know I walked alot today too and my knee is just fine - maybe I am hyper extending it sometimes.... Well should find out next week..

Are you hand embroiderin or machines - My Mom taught me to embroider - use to do dish cloths - Haven't done it in years - last time I did it was pillow cases - for Xdh & I P for Pimentel - thinking about it I never did do it just bought them when he was laid up with knee surgery - something to do while sitting around the house (acl surgery) I think I ended up crocheting :0)

I learned to sew from both my mom & gm - haven't sewn in years but use to make my own clothes..

Oh gang good new - I did tread mill this morning and as you all know I walked alot today too and my knee is just fine - maybe I am hyper extending it sometimes.... Well should find out next week..

My sister crochets dish cloths... but she never made any for me!! :smile2::frown::wink2:

I used to sew A LOT... for myself, kids, DH. I used to make matching outfits for all 4 kids all the time.. Easter outfits, etc. and even made DH a sport jacket once.

The more I think about it... sort of worried about Lori now. Just checked to see if I have her phone number but I don't. When I looked up those Rx online... sounds like she maybe be having allergic reaction, or at least mild side effects. Don't think Benadryl is a good idea at all... if she is allergic, don't want to mask symptoms... and there is a sedative effect with that, too and sounds like she's already getting too much!

Wish Laura would chime in on this!!!

Lori, are you still there??? Maybe should call your doc.

Janet........I have an embroidery/sewing machine. Just still have two more names.......I got hung up on one of my Christmas Movie favorites. Great news on the knee. I hope you stay pain free.

My sister crochets dish cloths... but she never made any for me!! :smile2::frown::wink2:

I used to sew A LOT... for myself, kids, DH. I used to make matching outfits for all 4 kids all the time.. Easter outfits, etc. and even made DH a sport jacket once.

The more I think about it... sort of worried about Lori now. Just checked to see if I have her phone number but I don't. When I looked up those Rx online... sounds like she maybe be having allergic reaction, or at least mild side effects. Don't think Benadryl is a good idea at all... if she is allergic, don't want to mask symptoms... and there is a sedative effect with that, too and sounds like she's already getting too much!

Codine use to make me itch :0) - herion addict scratch too - it's the drugs - I don't have her # either I have her email address - I'll send it to you..

Ate way too much yesterday and today. So until Christmas Eve (next party) strict carb-free regimen. Hope to have my treadmill up and running tomorrow. Can't walk the stairs at school now. There's also the walking track at the Community Center. I can walk there free.

Monday I'll call on getting another fill. Takes 2 wks for approval. Hope I can get it in before school starts again.

I'm just trying not to gain this month. Then next month I'll go after the next 8 lbs.

Cravings are really high because constantly surrounded by favorite pig-out foods everywhere. Next few days should be OK.

Also still a little traumatized from the school's troubles as well as my refusal to play the Christmas football game between my DD and DS. I refused to play co-dependant between them and my daughter hung up on me. Nice start to my Christmas break.

Going to try to get registered for finishing my Masters in Reading also. Just hope there are people working over Christmas break.

This past week was a reality check on job security. I think I need that Master's.

My BD is Dec. 30 and I'll be 58. Most teacher's in public schools are retired with nice fat pensions. Not those who work for private Christian schools.

My husband is waiting for his fingerprints to come back so he can be officially certified for security guard work. He's been sick as a dog all week but will now hopefully be able to explore various job opportunities. Just picture him as Barney Fife.

Got to deal with the stress better or I'll continue eating too much.

Cheri

Phyll...I have Lori's cell#. Will PM you