Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

I'm here to help...

Janet,

There were some people who didn't pay their tuition and some bad management decisions that meant the money wasn't there and the accountant and former principal hid the info. and just didn't pay the IRS.

All of that is in the past and current taxes are being paid but it left us in debt to the IRS, the worst debt you can have. And the state of Illinois is broke and hasn't been paying us on time. A significant number of our children's tuition is paid for by child care initiative which gives child care $ to low income mothers who work. That's left us constantly short on the money we needed to pay our bills this year.

Supposedly all this had been settled with the IRS and a payment plan put in place, so this was a total surprise. Our new principal was in tears telling us about it.

Hopefully, it will be quickly resolved. We would have been in decent shape for this year if the State of Illinois hadn't constantly been way late with payments.

Everybody's been taking on extra duties to keep the school afloat, we're developing new sources of income from businesses and foundations and also expect as the economy improves we'll get more students and more donations. We got rid of all tuition non-or partial payers which cut our student body considerably. Salaries are frozen, staff is cut to the bone. The school has done everything right to ride this out and start re-building.

Today, enough money came in and was raised to back up payroll. I'm pretty sure we can keep going to the end of this year, the question will be for next year.

It was just a very stressful day for the teachers not knowing if they'd be covered for the holidays. Fortunately, they are.

I really craved chocolate and sugar today. Had some skittles. But ate OK otherwise.

Cheri

Good morning~~~

Karen, one word for you.... YIPPPPEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE!:sad::biggrin::biggrin::biggrin::):biggrin::couch2::hurt:

Great!!!~OMW!!! An emergency unfill cannot be fun. I imagine the psychological part is worse... what if's. You will be fine. It had to be done. I wonder WHY it did that when it didn't the first surgery?! Hmmm.. <hugs>

I think I am going to NC the day after Christmas for a week. I have hemmed and hawwwwed about going for Christmas.. but would have to go without Nael and without toys....the thought of the first for both me and Nelson is heartbreaking. But I feel guilty also. uggghhh. Need to decide and buy my ticket. Nelson without his Daddy on Christmas, is that selfish? Me without my Daddy on Christmas, is that selfish?

CBL..

Good morning~~~

Karen, one word for you.... YIPPPPEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE!:sad::biggrin::biggrin::biggrin::):biggrin::couch2::hurt:

Great!!!~OMW!!! An emergency unfill cannot be fun. I imagine the psychological part is worse... what if's. You will be fine. It had to be done. I wonder WHY it did that when it didn't the first surgery?! Hmmm.. <hugs>

I think I am going to NC the day after Christmas for a week. I have hemmed and hawwwwed about going for Christmas.. but would have to go without Nael and without toys....the thought of the first for both me and Nelson is heartbreaking. But I feel guilty also. uggghhh. Need to decide and buy my ticket. Nelson without his Daddy on Christmas, is that selfish? Me without my Daddy on Christmas, is that selfish?

CBL..

You are so right Laura, this unfill is messing with my head big time. I am so afraid of not getting my restriction back, slippage as they refill me, etc. But it had to be done, I couldn't have gone on like yesterday. I asked the NP that unfilled me from my surgeon's office and she said it happens from surgery,. however since my band this is my 3rd surgery (also had gall bladder last year) and it never happened before. She said it could be the drugs or my body just going through trauma. This is the 2nd major surgery in as many months. I could feel the relief as soon as she pulled some of the Fluid out. She wanted to take out half of my Fluid. I balked a little bit, and she said this is where the negotiation begins, and then I thought, no Lori, listen to the professionals. She is going to come check on me today as well and said when I come down to the hospital next Wed for my post op appt that she could probably start refilling my band, though it can't be done all at once.

Also, Laura, I feel so for you making that decision about Christmas. Nelson w/o his daddy for Christmas that's a tough one, but this could be your last Christmas with your daddy. Is there anyway your DH can go with you even just for the day?

Thinking of your DH, I had the best anesthesist. Last surgery they had such a hard time getting my IV in, they stuck me 5 times. When he called me the night before to ask me some question, I mentioned that to him, as he gave me a main line (think that is what is called) after I was out. He left orders in the pre op that they only were allowed to try and stick me once with a 22 needle (evidently that is tiny as the gals were all talking about it). They got me on first pick, he used that I guess to put me to sleep and then gave me the main line, he said that way when they have to do their blood draws each morning, I don't have to worry about them getting a vein then either. Interestingly, he said due to myhuge weight loss and a fairly quick loss at that, that my veins may just be a tad deteriated. Does that make sense to you?

I'll be praying for you and the decision you have to make. Just happened to think, could you give Nelson 2 Christmases? One at home with Daddy a day or two early depending on when you leave, and then one with your Dad? Nels might think he's extra special getting 2.

Edited by Great2BThin
another thought

The nurse practioner and physicians assistant were just here. I might get to go home today!! They said I was doing awesome, it's much better this time than last. Last time I never even left my room until the 3rd day, this time I was to the end of the hallway twice and climbed stairs on my first day. WOO HOOO!!! Though life in my suite ain't too shabby! And I get good therapy here, but still think I'd be happier in my own bed and at home.

Morning, (sniffle, sniffle!!) I'm sick............. those little munchkins at the daycare got me with all their runny little noses and then Mimi and DD got it, so I really didn't stand a chance... I hate colds.... I've been doing Zimax and Aireborne for days trying to stave it off, so hopefully the advertising is correct and it will leave pretty fast..... I did manage to sleep some last night, just have so much pressure in my head and a very runny nose...... And my little Mimi comes at 10:00 today... By DH is here to help me so that makes it much better... Still want to get a few things done, too....

Lori, I understand completely how you feel about your unfill..... If you remember back in April when I got so sick and nearly died, they did a complete unfill on me.. I was terrified.......... and I'm still not back up to where I was then... They think they know best, but I've been stalled so long that I start to lose hope somedays... At least you still have some and since you are at goal, you'll be able to hold on for a week and then start back filling up to where you are comfortable.... Great going on the knee... When my mother had her's done it was just the opposite.... Her second one was worse.... Doc said he had to dig around more on that one... Hope you get to go home and be coddled a little....

Laura, girl, I feel for you.... You do what you know is best.... Everyone will understand whatever decision you make and little Nels will adjust even if he complains abit at first... Just go with your heart.....

Apples, congrats on the completion of harvest... It is such a good feeling and has been a real frustration for most farmers this year... Maybe you can relax a bit now.... DH is going to owe you some new Tupperware!!! Men just don't understand kitchen ettiquette!!!! Oh, forgot to say I was happy to hear your DH's tests went well.... Another worry put on hold for a few years..... Thats' great...

Cheri, hugs on all your worries.... those little ones and their problems really can tug at your heart... You just want to make everything better for them and it doesn't always work that way... You take care.... Your faith will bring you through......

Well, the rest of you gals, I'm thinking of you but feel like I need to get off here and blow my nose.....and take some drugs..... Hope all are well and warm..... TTYL......Julie

Good Morning Gang

Lori - Great news that you may go home today !!! And you still have some Fluid in you band so you should do just fine - I agree 100% most of this worry is physiological - I know you have changed your eating habit and will be extra cautious .

Laura - I have already given you my opinion on Xmas - I think you should go be w/Dad - Why can't you ship Nelson Xmas present to parents so that he will have stuff under the tree (also I think this will make your Dad happy to spend Xmas w/GS) and the big stuff you got him (Nelson ) can stay at your house and when you come home you can have another Christmas - telling him - Oh Santa left stuff here too for you - he can have 2 Christmas....

Julie - Hugs on the cold - yep being around kids will do that to you - Thankfully I don't have that exposure :0)

Cheri - I had a little choc myself last night - I have been looking at sweets all week - there is tons of stuff in our lunch room here at work - yesterday brownie arrived - Hell I have been saying no to the Cheryl Cookies which are to die for - said no to the brownies - but last night after dinner just had to have something - White Choc chips & Reg Choc Chip and walnuts - about 1/2 cup - My treat - I am not feeling bad about it - it strengthens my reslove not to eat any of the stuff here at work..

Apples - Now that harvesting is over - what's dh going to do - I know you guys have a couple of business so - I know there is somethng else in the wings to keep you all busy :0)

Ouch - the timing won't work out for me. We have a friend at Ft. Leavenworth whose husband is deployed. She has to have a radiation treatment for thyroid cancer, and can't be around her small children for 5 days (kinda radio-active!) It won't hurt for her to be around other people, but she has very small children who won't be able to understand why mommy can't hold or hug them. Her mom is coming to stay with the children, and she is going to stay with us during the week that she is unable to be with her children. Her treatment is Feb 12, so that week I will be spending with Julie and rented Project Runway episodes. She is a friend of my DD, was stationed in Korea when DD and her family moved there 2 yrs ago. She is a wonderful person, very creative - she wants to learn to knit - maybe I'll teach her. She will be a captive student with lots of time to practice! I hope you all have a great time! Would love to do this some day...

Joanne... our son had a radiation "plaque" on the back of his eye for 7 days back about 6 yrs or so ago when he was diagnosed with eye cancer. I was surprised that they didn't restrict his visitors... his kids were about 6-13 yrs old at the time. And DIL had us take them over to visit him about every day, as I remember.

Good almost afternoon it's 10 to 12 here. Well in some ways I am having a fantastic day, I even walked to the end of the suites hall, lkast time I got so dizzy I didn't get past the door to my room til the 3rd day. Yep I got a suite again, where I volunteer hooked me up. But the negative is the throwing up and I had such a pain kindda in the sternum area until I threw up. The nurse said perhaps I was up too long, I was concerned about my band. I hadjust eaten eggs for Breakfast when they brought me a slew of pills to take with Water, so maybe it was just a bad stuck PB episode too.

Laura & Phyl, I sure wish I could have you as a nurse, I have one bad one and she was the overnight CNA. She was offended when I asked what/who she was as she had no name badge on. She thought I was being prejuduce because she was black and made it racial, which was so far from the truth, she said yiu think I just hang around thehospital for fun?? I was doped up and saw no badgem, I don't think I was wrong for questioning. Again so sorry for the typos.

Had a little band set back this afternoon. Suddenly I couldn't keep anything down, not even the tiniest sip of water. And oh did it hurt. So fearing that perhaps I had a slipped band or they damaged it in surgery, I called my LAP-BAND® doc. He had a nurse practioner come over to my room and do an unfill. She took out 5cc's. I had 10.5cc's in there, so that's about half. I am nervous now about losing restriction. She said I couldn't get it all back at once either, but could start gettingt some back starting as early as next week. It will be interesting to see how I do. It made a world of difference already, I could drink right away, just had Soup for dinner though, she said to stick with soft foods. I'm so scared of gaining now. But maybe not I know the usual portions I eat, just hope I am not so hungry and tempted especially over Christmas.

Knee wise I am doing awesome. I've walked the halls twice today, did stairs, and took a shower. These are things I didn't do til the 3rd day last time and the pain has been minimal. Phyl, my knee doc said 90% of the time the 2nd knee is much better than the first.

Glad to hear you are doing SO well! STEPS??? I'm still struggling with steps and doing step exercises EVERY day! Sorry for the band setback, but you'll do fine. I'm betting those pills and the water so close after your breakfast played a role in all of that! Hope you get to go home today!

Night nurses are sometimes cranky!! They don't get enough quality sleep. But that one sure had a chip on her shoulder. I can't say enough about how great all the nurses were when I was in. Always had the names on the board, too. I think once I reminded them that they needed to be changed.

Well, you folks were mighty busy while I was gone yesterday and I can't remember any more of the conversations.

Laura... again, I'm so very sorry for all that you're going through with your Dad. I know we all wish we could give you a big hug!

Deb gotta say gf you fit right on in - I would love to sit around your table making bling bling decorations and chatting - that kind of stuff is fun... Ya wanta come and join us in Florida you are one of us... I also ck often during the day to see what's going on from work = I'm lucky the IT person is my friend :0)

Aw, gee, thanks, Indio...to tell the truth, I have been thinking of Florida and I've seen some cheap flights. It would really be fun. I do have to watch my $$, though, as my DH has been laid off for over a year. We're doing OK, as he is doing small carpentry jobs, but nothing steady. And I have my job. It's just something I have to weigh in my mind. He was a superintendent of large hotel-building projects in Indianapolis but the whole commercial building thing is waay waay down. Who knows when it'll come back.

Ornament making was much fun last night. People are SO creative...a friend of mine took photos. If I get them soon, I'll post them. I still have a big mess on my dining room table to clean up. Someone brought some good champagne last night and I tried some. Shouldn't have as all the bubbles made my band make some crazy noises!:biggrin:

Apples, good to hear that your harvest is finally over. How you get done all that you do is amazing. Maybe you'll have a breather now?

Aw, gee, thanks, Indio...to tell the truth, I have been thinking of Florida and I've seen some cheap flights. It would really be fun. I do have to watch my $$, though, as my DH has been laid off for over a year. We're doing OK, as he is doing small carpentry jobs, but nothing steady. And I have my job. It's just something I have to weigh in my mind. He was a superintendent of large hotel-building projects in Indianapolis but the whole commercial building thing is waay waay down. Who knows when it'll come back.

Ornament making was much fun last night. People are SO creative...a friend of mine took photos. If I get them soon, I'll post them. I still have a big mess on my dining room table to clean up. Someone brought some good champagne last night and I tried some. Shouldn't have as all the bubbles made my band make some crazy noises!:biggrin:

Apples, good to hear that your harvest is finally over. How you get done all that you do is amazing. Maybe you'll have a breather now?

Deb it would be great if you can make it !!! But I totally understand about the whole $$ issues - We all have been affected by the econmy - I have furlough friday :0) -

I can have a little carbornation but not much - I find I get really full from it (bloated)

Can't wait to see the pics'..

It's official....

I get to go home today!!!!!

Just waiting on DH, he's at work and I can't get ahold of him, which usually means he's on a conference call or has someone in his office. HURRY UP AND ANSWER YOUR PHONE, DEAR!!

i HAD a really good nurse last night. I remember I had her every night in October on my other knee.

Morning ladies,

Posting from San Francisco!!! DH left his laptop and there's a wireless connection at the hotel. We got up early in search of breakfast and I walked him to the convention center than came back to the hotel, showered and now am enjoying my self watching TV and reading posts. This is so nice. The stores aren't open yet, so no shopping yet............I'm heading out in a little while.

Lori, I'm amazed at how well you are doing with your knee. Yeah if you get to go home early, but then again, you do have room service where you are now. A hike this summer sounds like a great goal. I was hoping to be hiking this fall and I'm still not doing it, but it will come eventually.

Julie, sorry about the cold...poor baby....drink lots of liquids. Hope you recover quickly!!

Cheri, sorry about the GS's and the schools woes. Really hope the kids are okay, my heart goes out to little kids in distress. It's nice the people at your school are pulling together to get you through the rough stuff.

Apples......so now what are you going to do....no running out to the drying bins.......I'm sure there's plenty to keep you busy. As Julie says, those men just don't have kitchen etiquette. DH would do the same thing....just grab the easiest thing and run.

Deb, it sure would be great if you join us....but $$ is always a big factor. Hope you can swing it. Your ornament session sounded like lots of fun. I love doing that...we used to get together with some "stamping" ladies and do the same thing. It was great fun.

Jewel, well I'm sure you can find a way to fill your time between semesters especially with a 5 year old. I went to college and worked full time...when semester was over, it was always weird because I had a lot of extra time. Now I can't imagine giving up my "extra" time for school.

Hi Phyl....I though you were doing pretty well with those steps.

Laura, I know it's getting a little close to "that time" where your packages won't get there on time, but sending N's gifts to your parents sounds like a great idea, or pack them in a couple of extra suitcases and take them with you.....you pay for shipping that way too. Tell Nels you need lots of warm clothes for NC. Spending Christmas with your parents may be a very special this year...what's your DH think?

Okay, sorry if I missed someone...doing this from memory. Hi and hope all is well.

Okay, it's 10am and shopping is open....I'm off.

I'll check in later maybe if DH doesn't get out of the convention early. He was really happy to see me......LOL.

Later,

Eva

Lori,

So glad for your knee progress and that you get to go home. I always felt better in my own home. Good going..

Apples, time to celebrate.........

Julie, hope you feel better soon.

Eva, have fun shopping.

Laura, Do what is best for all of you, you will make the right decesion for your family.

Laura K

Eva - Have a great time in SF - going to pier 39 :0)...

Great - Hopefully you are home by now..

LauraK - How are you doing

Janet,

I'm doing good, had a dr apt yesterday. Got a fill another 1cc. I hope this helps. I have slowed right down in my weight loss. Only 4.5 lbs since Oct. I don't feel like I'm eating more & I know it is going to get harder. I am increasing my exercise & yes I am still journaling my food. lol

Still getting used to my DS home again & DD comes home tomorrow for 3 or 4 weeks. Lots of deep breaths. This to shall pass..........

All in all life is good and improving all the time.

How are you doing, ready for your fam to come and Christmas?

Take care Laura K

Lori, happy you will be home for the weekend -- it's always better at home. You must be doing fantastic -- wtg. Sorry to hear about your band problems. I am so relieved I didn't have any similar problems. As everyone has said, you know what portions you can eat and I'm sure you'll be just fine until you can get a fill and some restriction. Laura, hugs on your impossible situation, but I agree with the others, if you can do it, I'd take the family and head to NC and have Christmas with your Mom and Dad.

Here's a few pics from the other day -- Aylah decorating those sugar Cookies and me yesterday with Santa and tree - I was dressed and decided I should take a pic to prove I am up and about. LOL.

Cheri, hugs -- glad the situation with your school is getting under control, but very tough on you teachers and I'm sure the admin. You are amazing in your strength. Hugs on the DGS illnesses as well. Will be keeping all of you in my thoughts and prayers.

CBL, just wanted to say hi.