Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

I'm here to help...

HAPPY BIRTHDAY PHYL......HOPE YOUR DAY IS WONDERFUL AND YOU GET EVERYTHING YOU WANT!!

Sounds like everyone is bustling about getting ready for T-day. My sister is cooking, I'm just making a couple of sides so easy squeezy for me.

Meredith, hope you get through tomorrow okay. Tough to be really restricted on a holiday....but then again, you won't have to worry about being too full.

Hope everyone has a very nice Thanksgiving....don't work too hard, and enjoy your family and friends.

I'm watching TV tonight. Don't really do that much.

Talk to you all later.

Eva

Thanks so much for all yoiur birthday wishes!! I had a GREAT fun-filled day! I had my very favorite spaghetti & meat balls for lunch at one of my favorite area restaurants... brought home enough leftovers for three more meals! Went to see "Blind Side" this afternoon.. great movie! Then DH took me to Starbucks, and we ended the day at Walmart! I had phone calls from my Mom, one of my sisters and all four kids (though one didn't seem to remember that it was my birthday)! I always had a birthday cake growing up, and even at 66, it doesn't seem like a birthday without birthday cake. So at Walmart I thought I'd buy myself a cupcake. But they had these little squares of birthday cake for $1.50, so I bought one! Perfect!

Looking forward to Thanksgiving dinner with old friends tomorrow. They emailed me directions this afternoon, and turns out it's right down the street from Janet's.

8_5_1.gif

8_5_32.gif

8_5_15.gif

8_5_36.gif 8_5_36.gif 8_5_36.gif

Happy Thanksgiving Gang !!

Hope everyone has a wonderful day

Angel woke me up 4:40 - had about 7 hrs of sleep, so up having coffee and waking up - will hit gym then come home and start the

cooking :0)

Turkey Ham 3 veggies (well if you consider gb casserole a veggie) Mashed Potatoes - Stuffing - 2 pies and a relish dish..

Everyone is a sleep in my house ;0)

Just wanted to wish you all a Happy Turkey Day - Safe travel and enjoy the Day..

HUGS & LOVE

JANET

Happy Thanksgiving to you, too, Janet.........and to all our friends out there.... I'm up cooking, too.... Turkey, dressing, mashed potatoes, gravey, green bean casserole, sweet potatoes, coleslaw, homemade honey wheat bread, relish tray, 3 kinds of pie and whipped cream................. very traditional here... and easy, too.... mostly all prepared, now just have to wait for it to be time to cook... I do have to peel potatoes yet.... Praying for a pain-free day....

Love and good wishes to all............. Julie

Happy Thanksgiving everyone! Getting ready to work out for an hour then tackle my dinner. Made deviled eggs, 3 pies and Jello salad last night. Making stuffing, turkey, mashed taters, sweet taters, green bean casserole and corn for dinner. I'm really looking forward to eating -- lol.

Meredith, when I got to 6.0 that was my sweet spot and I've had restriction ever since. I never pb'd though so I'm thinking you might be a little too tight -- maybe try just .25 out and see how that is. Be careful since you have to wait until Monday. You're probably a little swollen from pb'g also. I still have to eat slowly and I get full so quickly, which is great (not complaining). That's why I said LOL when I mentioned I was looking forward to "eating" -- it'll be interesting to see how little makes me full. I love it! When I got full on one taco the other day I was so thrilled cause not only was I full, I was SATISFIED. That's an amazing feeling.

Janet, we truly are twins -- I make the same layered pumpkin pie you do -- 2 boxes of pudding in it. It is the BEST pie - it's a tradition at my house too. I made one regular pumpkin and DH has to have pecan so made one for him also. I told him he could have some for breafast this morning -- he said, "really?" -- I've never allowed him to eat any holiday food before dinner -- he can't believe I'm allowing that -- but it's just us here for dinner, so why not?

Phyl, sounds like you had a great birthday -- including the cake -- nice you didn't have to buy a whole cake but still got to blow out your candles and make a wish.

Julie, hope you make it through your day pain free.

Apples, you are unbelievable in your generosity. You are amazing. As everyone else has said, they need to keep on playing -- I hope you were able to convince them to do so.

We were supposed to get snow overnight but they were wrong -- I'm almost disappointed - it would have been pretty and since I have no where to go, I wouldn't have minded.

Anyone else watch the biggest loser last night - they had former contestants on to show how they were doing. Only Eric from 3 seasons ago has gained back all his weight -- everyone else is doing great -- Matt is heavier but still 100 pounds down from when he started at the ranch, but definitely needs to lose some again. But they showed his journey in competing in an Ironman Triathon (swimming I think 13 miles, then biking for 110 then a full 26 mile marathon). In order for it to be an official finish, he had to finish in 17 hours. He was 3 mins. late but finished. I was impressed. Susie (his wife) looks pretty good after 2 kids. It was fun and they talked about their struggles with maintenance. Oh, Betty Sue was on (I loved her) and she's at 160 and looks fantastic!! It was a great show.

Well, gotta get busy. Love you all and happy happy Thanksgiving!

Linda

Edited by ljv52

You are all BLESSINGS in my life and I am thankful for each one of you.

Hope you have a wonderful THANKSGIVING DAY!!

8_5_20.gif 8_5_36.gif 8_5_17.gif 8_5_15.gif

happy thanksgiving

to

all the lbt friends!!

Have a day you are truly

thankful for!!

I am thankful for all of you!

I got up late and started pies late, but they are all in the oven (one traditional pumpkin and one apple cranberry) and I have broccoli and salad left to do. I made two cream cheese spreads last night...one crab and one vegetarian...with cranberries and walnuts. I also made two homemade salad dressings...blue cheese and red wine vinaigrette. My sister is making the rest. Gathering at 2 and dinner at 3.

It's another beautiful day in the desert. Hope everyone is having a very nice day with their family and friends.

Eva

Linda - I have been making that pie for ages - I can't remember when I 1st found the recipe - I like it better than regular pumpkin pie - since kids don't eat pumpkin and my dil will eat everything - that's what they get ;0)

DIL made deviled eggs this morning (a 1st for her) I made the relish dish - we did 2 stuffings - the one she grew up with and I made mine - squash is cooked - ham has been warmed - turkey in the oven - going to add 2 sweet potatoes & 2 yams in a bit for whom ever likes them (I know my bro does) DIL still has to make the gb casserole -

Family getting here around 1 - we will eat around 2..

I taped biggest loser but saw a little of it..

I went to the gym w/DS - well he couldnt hang more than 1/2 - but my one knee was bugging me - so tomorrow will go without him

Hugs to you all...

I got up late and started pies late, but they are all in the oven (one traditional pumpkin and one apple cranberry) and I have broccoli and salad left to do. I made two cream cheese spreads last night...one crab and one vegetarian...with cranberries and walnuts. I also made two homemade salad dressings...blue cheese and red wine vinaigrette. My sister is making the rest. Gathering at 2 and dinner at 3. It's another beautiful day in the desert. Hope everyone is having a very nice day with their family and friends. Eva

Sounds delicious!! Apple/cranberry pie... ummmm, that sounds good! Beautiful day in the desert here, too!!

Linda - I have been making that pie for ages - I can't remember when I 1st found the recipe - I like it better than regular pumpkin pie - since kids don't eat pumpkin and my dil will eat everything - that's what they get ;0) DIL made deviled eggs this morning (a 1st for her) I made the relish dish - we did 2 stuffings - the one she grew up with and I made mine - squash is cooked - ham has been warmed - turkey in the oven - going to add 2 sweet potatoes & 2 yams in a bit for whom ever likes them (I know my bro does) DIL still has to make the gb casserole - Family getting here around 1 - we will eat around 2.. I taped biggest loser but saw a little of it.. I went to the gym w/DS - well he couldnt hang more than 1/2 - but my one knee was bugging me - so tomorrow will go without him. Hugs to you all...

You've been a busy bee already!! The GYM, too! I'm impressed! Oh, my.... the smells in the air over here are driving me nuts!! There's roast turkey in the air!! Among other things! Our hosts just called to say they were sliding dinner about an hour, but we'll probably be on our way in a little while. Probably will stop by your place later for a taste of that pie!

Phyll and Janet...you are so lucky to just pop in and see each other. Lucky you found each other on this board (?).

Everyone's meals sound so good. Eva..your spreads sound similar to the ones I made. Have a St. Johns bread that we slice to put them on. Pies are all out of the oven and look pretty good (even though I say so myself..pat on the back). Had unexpected but welcome company that set me back a bit.

Hi Linda!

Planting a tree in "Mom's" farm yard today. Her GS lives there now. She loved her farm. We are putting right out from the kitchen window. She was one that stood at that window to make sure she knew what was going on.

OK...off to get dressed and drive over for a day with the family. Thinking of all of you as you Celebrate today.

Hi All and Happy Thanksgiving........

I made two pies, pumpkin and mince, oriental chic salad and a pickle/relish tray. Went shopping at 5:00 a.m. & got a new tv. Been to Mom's and back home again. I'm getting realy tired now. Not sure if I will brave the battle tomorrow and go shopping. Thanks and prayers to all.

Laura K

My thanksgiving turned out great everyone came and by Turkey came out awesome everyone loved it. I hope everyone is have a wonderful day Well I am off to pack My BFF and I are going to Tybee Island tomorrow for a girls weekend so I will talk to you guys later

Sounds like everyone is having a great day.

1 day...have a really good weekend with your BFF. Sounds like fun and relaxing. I think everyone need that once in a while.

Laura K....oh my, you brave woman....I like shopping but there is no enticement that could make me go "out there" tomorrow. If you decide to go, be safe and find some great things.

Phyl, you doing a pot luck in the club house or just one of your neighbors? The turkey roasting smell is pretty awesome. Did you ever find out about your GS?

Janet, take care of that knee....don't overstress it if it is damaged. Hey, what are you doing for new years eve?

dinner was fabulous and I'm stuffed. I'm so happy with my band. I did eat too much but I ate maybe 1/3 of what I would have had without the band.....I was truly amazed at how slow I ate and how little. Geez I used to be able to really pack it away, but you could still see my plate and see plate all around my food.....just too cool. Uuggg, I'm still full.

Okay.....I need that nap now. Tomorrow is another day.

Happy Thanksgiving.

Eva

Phyl, you doing a pot luck in the club house or just one of your neighbors? The turkey roasting smell is pretty awesome. Did you ever find out about your GS?

Janet, take care of that knee....don't overstress it if it is damaged. Hey, what are you doing for new years eve?

dinner was fabulous and I'm stuffed. I'm so happy with my band. I did eat too much but I ate maybe 1/3 of what I would have had without the band.....I was truly amazed at how slow I ate and how little. Geez I used to be able to really pack it away, but you could still see my plate and see plate all around my food.....just too cool. Uuggg, I'm still full. Okay.....I need that nap now. Tomorrow is another day.

Happy Thanksgiving. Eva

There was a potluck at the chapel, but we didn't go because we were invited to have dinner with some old friends who are down here in a time share condo for the week. It was quite an enjoyable day. Dinner was great, but I couldn't eat much turkey because it was too dry and there was very little dark meat. Earl said they didn't slice up the thigh. He ate one drumstick. Maybe I should've asked for the other! Now I'm hungry because I didn't have much meat... so I'm eating the very last piece of your beef jerky! I have very much enjoyed it! I almost forgot I still had a piece left! Someone here accused me of hiding it! That's right... I DID!! Because I knew he'd eat it all if I didn't. It was already opened when we got back from shopping last weekend! So when he went to bed I hid it!! LOL!! :thumbup::biggrin::biggrin:

GS did give his girl a diamond ring... small diamond... but they say it is just a "promise ring"! I saw a picture of it on FB. It's very pretty!

Glad you had an enjoyable day and great dinner.