Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

I'm here to help...

Great2Bthin - Gosh your mom and my mom must be sisters!! hahaha! My mom used to send me Good Housekeeping magazines that she "no longer wanted and if I wanted browse through them here they are" but those magazines just so happened to have articles on loosing weight! Like I didn't see that one! She would always make comments about looking good and being at a healthy weight for my husband! Anyway now I'm getting the same response you are! "You're too skinny!" "Is the doctor monitoring your weight?" "Are you seeing the doctor monthly" Sheesh. No wonder I'm in therapy!!! hahahahahahahaha!

I say don't worry about those last ten pounds. That's the beauty of the Lap Band!! No more yo-yo dieting!!

Hi :0) I had a really good talk with the patient co-ordinator and I feel much better :thumbdown: can't wait to hear all your stories-porcupine mamma. BTW...what is a "thread"?

I sure have a lot of catching up to do but this looks like a great thread. Just wanted to say hi and introduce myself.

Hi. I'm Lori.

Ok, with that said - I'll be back tomorrow to see what great info I can gather from this.

Hi all, had my 2nd fill today. He put in 2.75 I only had 2 the 1st time. So we will see how this goes. Hope to feel restriction because I didn't feel any different before. I think the only thing working was determination. I'm on liquids for 2 days then mushies, and soft thru sunday. Darn dr scale was 2 lbs heavier than home, so my ticker is wrong. I'm going to leave it because it will be right after fill. lol

Great, just keep that snow out west, I hate snow. Think Janet must be teched to think it is beautiful. lol We are to have possible thunder storm tomorrow. Dang wanted to go to the football game, I'll wait and see.

Julie, a massage sounds great. Hope you do better this week.

Hi Lori, glad you are joining us. I've only been here since July.

Eva, your tortis (sp) sound cool. It must be a challenge to keep up with them all.

Take care all

Laura K

17" of snow in 2 days. Son home from school is getting crabby., Im getting cabin fever, missed walk for 2 days, ugh!

Spose to be better tomorrow, lets hope for no more snow!

As for me, user name coconutlatte, I used to be a manager for a family run health food/coffee shop in Montana. Moved from MT to CO last August.

Have lung disease, no it is not from smoking,have never smoked a day in my life, just one of the lucky ones in the family to have all the health problems!!

I'm a single, divorced mom, w/an 8 yr old son. I have family in Thornton, but they pretty much do there own thing & we do ours.

I'm wanting to make friends, buddies, in person as well as cyber friends. I fiddle around with electronics, computers, cell fones..internet, ebay, lotsa walking. Can't work because of the lung disease. Use 02, 24/7, hoping after my surgery, that will not be necessary 24/7.

Oh and coconutlatte flavor was & still is my favorite latte!!:thumbdown:

Balletgirl, Welcome! I'm in Arizona too. As Great said, only you can decide to write a letter about the PA, but I might. Seems like he was a know it all without actually knowing. He probably wasn't trying to insult you however. Glad to hear you are getting help for the body image issue. I really believe some of us will never feel like we are "normal" when in actuality we are.

Great, the tortoises can flip themselves back over sometimes....if the dirt is hard enough and they can get the leverage....they use their heads as a pivot point. It's weird to see it. Yes, they can die if they can't flip the right way up...especially outside in the heat. All of the hatchlings stayed in the house last night in the terrarium (small fish tank) and tonight most of them are piled up in a pot. I put small flower pots on their sides for little turtle houses.

Sorry about the crappy weather everywhere. It was cold again here today. Below 60 again. It's supposed to be in the mid 60's tomorrow and and warming back to the 80 over the weekend.

Janet, you sure live in the wrong place if you like cold weather. I'm cold when it's 60. I bet it's just because it's a nice change and a relief from the heat. When you retire you'll have to become a reverse snowbird and go to the snowy country in the winter. So then your next furlough day will be the day after Thanksgiving? Do you usually have that off? I do....management gets the day off after Thanksgiving. I one of the very few perks I get.

Julie, yep, the Vicodin does slow everything down. I talked to my doctor about it and that's what he said. When I take it, I do the Milk of Magnesia thing the next day. Before banding, I would eat salads. That usually kept things moving. Chilie is a great freezer food. Tastes great before and after freezing. Too bad my DH doesn't like it so much. I don't make it too often.

Arlene, glad to hear you are feeling better. I hate that achy all the time feeling.

Guess I'll apply myself to something this evening. DH isn't home yet and I should do something.....like exercise or make a card or something......I can't believe I'm so unfocused tonight.

Hope everyone has a great night!!

Eva

It was supposed to be 65 and sunny today. I was so looking forward to coming home and walking outside. Well, the sun never showed up and it never quite reached 65. I came home and got dressed for my walk, walked out the door and was met with a steady drizzle. This has been an incredibly wet autumn. So I changed coats, put on a hat, and went walking anyway. It was still light enough to see the golden colors of the remaining leaves. But I would have loved to have seen them lit by the sun.

I think I do have a little more restriction. Which is good because I'm really craving food. Especially carbs.

Ahh Vicodin. Kept me up all night in addition to constipating me. Puts some people to sleep. Me, it kept awake. Made my heart race. Hated it.

Love Miralax. Its my friend. Veggies and salads have never helped with my Constipation. Took tons of Fiber. Worked, but gave me gas. Course, so does the band. Or the Miralax. Or the Protein shakes. Or the Kashi bar. Or all the Protein.

After the band I made up a new saying, "Feel free to fart frequently."

You know, I take over the counter Vitamin D with no side effects. No megadoses. I probably get about 2-4000 IU per day. I'm increasing it because of the lack of sunshine this fall. I think its really helped with my Seasonal Affective Disorder.

I need to share a tidbit about the cerebellum and exercise. It used to be thought that the cerebellum, at the bottom back of your brain, only controlled movement. Now it is known that it is the source of sequencing which is the basis of logic, higher level thinking skills and math. When you excercise you burn neural pathways that increase your sequencing skills, thereby making you smarter.

So, get moving ladies. I also read yesterday that 30 minutes of aerobic exercise increases one's sense of well-being for up to 12 hours.

I walked over an hour today. In the rain. And I felt good.

This is the day that I have dreaded. My "mom" who I've talked about was out and about with friends, lost her balance and fell on some marble steps. She lived for a couple of hours and passed away. I was 65 miles away at the time when I got the call about her accident. She lived 40 minutes after I got there.

She just got done with her last chemo treatment on Monday and was sooooooooooo happy to be getting out with friends for coffee.

I will be MIA for a few days. Funeral Monday. She was a person that set the example of how we should all live our lives. She was kind to all, ready for a party at any given moment, and gave more of herself than anyone I have ever known. She always had a kiss for you and it was right on the mouth. Her hugs were the best and everyone got one and she never said goodbye without an "I love you".

Just wanted to let you guys know what's up. My heart is broken.

Apples2 - I'm so sorry to hear this news. Thank you for sharing though and I will pray for her, you, and your family tonight. God Bless you! Keep sharing those wonderful memories of her ok! Take care

how is it possible to comment on an individual message; for example, if you want to say, "way to go girl!!!" to a person who has just shared a success. should I remember the person's name and add a comment at the bottom of the page? what is the difference between "quick reply" and "advanced reply"? Cheers everyone

This is the day that I have dreaded. My "mom" who I've talked about was out and about with friends, lost her balance and fell on some marble steps. She lived for a couple of hours and passed away. I was 65 miles away at the time when I got the call about her accident. She lived 40 minutes after I got there.

She just got done with her last chemo treatment on Monday and was sooooooooooo happy to be getting out with friends for coffee.

I will be MIA for a few days. Funeral Monday. She was a person that set the example of how we should all live our lives. She was kind to all, ready for a party at any given moment, and gave more of herself than anyone I have ever known. She always had a kiss for you and it was right on the mouth. Her hugs were the best and everyone got one and she never said goodbye without an "I love you".

Just wanted to let you guys know what's up. My heart is broken.

I am stunned to hear that news, Apples... so very, very sorry!