Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

I'm here to help...

Apples, is that a 13x9 cake pan? I am assuming so but wanted to make sure. I am responsible for a Thanksgiving dessert in SD might just have to make this.

Goodness it's still snowing and not supposed to stop til tomorrow. We have over 6 inches so far. They are saying up to a foot. It's the heavy wet stuff. Am concerned about the trees as they haven't all lost their leaves yet. For those east of me, it's coming!!

Apples, is that a 13x9 cake pan? I am assuming so but wanted to make sure. I am responsible for a Thanksgiving dessert in SD might just have to make this.

Goodness it's still snowing and not supposed to stop til tomorrow. We have over 6 inches so far. They are saying up to a foot. It's the heavy wet stuff. Am concerned about the trees as they haven't all lost their leaves yet. For those east of me, it's coming!!

Yep, on the pan size. The dessert is not very thick. You can double the pumkin part of the recipe but I like it the way it is. Not too much but just enough.

We have had snow but all melted now. I think the most we got at one time was a couple of weeks ago and was 2 inches. Don't like the heavy wet stuff either. That's when our lines go down. Not fun.:thumbup:

Woke up to lots of white stuff on the ground. It is supposed to snow all day today and into tomorrow but be in the 60's by Sunday I think. My dogs went out this morning and were surprised but then tore around playing in it,they were fun to watch. Glad I don't have to go anywhere. I am not so concerned about driving in snow anymore but am concerned about walking with my cane and new knee and stability on my feet.

Phyl, you rock, you are giving me hope in the knee. I've been getting frustrated. I know it's only 3 weeks since surgery but I guess I thought I wouldn't be having pain anymore. As soon as I do much I'm hurting again. And it's still swollen. I googled knee replacement surgery and saw bits of some videos of it and OMG they are rough, it's no wonder it hurts. I guess I just am tired of being less than 100%. Does the skin on your knee still feel numbish, tinglish, weirdish?

SNOW!!?? I couldn't handle that. I'd be scared to death to walk outside! I'm still really careful about where I walk because I have balance issues!

You will find your pain subsiding a little each day. Even yesterday... after I did Water aerobics and the stationary bike... I thought I needed to take something for pain.. It wasn't BAD pain, but there was some discomfort in the knee after all that exercise. But after a short rest, I was fine and never did take anything. I'm using ibuprofen when I need something.. just use a lot of crystal lite to get it down and use it very sparingly.

As far as the numbness and weirdness, don't be expecting that to go away any time soon. I had a partial on my right knee about 6 years ago and there is still a small area that feels weird... can't really say numb, but reduced sensation. And quite a large area around my left knee feels like that, and I still have reduced sensation in my left heel... which no one has been able to explain. But, yes, they are very rough on your leg. My whole leg was black and blue from the knee down all the way around. I watched two surgeries on OR-live.com before I had my surgery. So I knew what they were going to do.

Phyll, when I had my veins stripped in 1988, I had the same thing with my heel. I don't know if it was the way they manipulated it during surgery or is it was where they cut me low on that ankle. Took me about 8 yrs to get the full feeling back. Weird.

If often wish I had video footage of what ACTUALLY took place while I was under with each of my surgeries. Or, maybe I DON'T want to know!

Hey Apples, I'm with you... maybe a video of surgery would explain why and who wrenched my arm and shoulder so badly......

The recipes sound good.... We're having leftovers tonight, but have started the meat for a crockpot stew for tomorrow as I have a brother coming to stay Thursday night and I have to be in Bismarck by 8:50 in the morning...... We have a "family meeting" scheduled for here tomorrow night and he is coming from Mitchell, SD.... I'm dreading the meeting.. I have 3 brothers and 2 of them don't speak much and have BIG issues with the other..... Not going to be a fun time... Me in the middle trying to keep peace.....

No snow here, but it sure has gotten colder as the day goes by.. DH just called from the elevator... waiting in line......... said the temp has really gone down....

Hey Apples, I'm with you... maybe a video of surgery would explain why and who wrenched my arm and shoulder so badly......

The recipes sound good.... We're having leftovers tonight, but have started the meat for a crockpot stew for tomorrow as I have a brother coming to stay Thursday night and I have to be in Bismarck by 8:50 in the morning...... We have a "family meeting" scheduled for here tomorrow night and he is coming from Mitchell, SD.... I'm dreading the meeting.. I have 3 brothers and 2 of them don't speak much and have BIG issues with the other..... Not going to be a fun time... Me in the middle trying to keep peace.....

No snow here, but it sure has gotten colder as the day goes by.. DH just called from the elevator... waiting in line......... said the temp has really gone down....

Same thing here with dropping temps in the last few hours. Life in the Plains.

DH has a few sisters that will not speak to each other. I used to try and convince him to be the peace maker. I am so happy he is a determined person and does not act on someone else's suggestion. He stayed the heck out of the middle of it and I think he was very wise to do so. He didn't need to be drug along in their petty squabble...just what it was. Over something so silly and they still don't speak. Now he just goes both ways and stays away from even listening to what they don't like about each other. Works so nice.

OMW You all have been busy today....

As usually Apples has the best food receipts - but I would use the whole box cuz nothing is ever too rich !!!

Charlene - Why do you have candy in the house - Halloween is Saturday!!! I am not buying mine until then... I am not putting that crack on my counter - cuz I know I would fail the test of "just say no to drugs"

Oh my mood isn't about the kids coming to visit - ya it will disrupt my routine for a couple of days - but that's no biggie - I haven't seen them since July and I do miss them - Maybe that's what it is - they will come and then go - I will most likely be ready for them to go by Sunday :thumbup: but will still wish they didn't live so far away - You know what I am saying...

Gay guys are a girls best freind :0) -

Great - the get pumpkin deliver those m&m to your house ;9)

How far is littleton from Denver - a lady I work with on bonding is in littleton - they were going home (snow day) cuz 18 inches was predicted...

Julie - hugs on that family meeting - I don' envy you at all - imho let the bro's duke it out - and you stay out of it.. Hope you can come to some decision on the estate/trust stuff..

The kids did arrive safely - they stopped by the office - I think my DS didn't want to wait til 4:15 to see me :0)...

He's a momma's boy to a degree ;P) Good to see my girls - I wish I didn't have gym tonite - the thought did cross my mine to skip - but I won't it's just arms - so I can hang..

well 20 mintues to go - so better tidy up desk - I may or may not be back on tonite - :0)

Hugs Janet

I did something different this year for Halloween treats. We don't have a lot of kiddies stop in but a few special ones. They are my lake sweeties and they come to Auntie Karen's for their treats. Some travel a ways. I fill a bag of goodies for each. Coloring books, story books, candy necklace, stuffed toy, 100 cal crackers, 100 cal popcorn, 100 cal oreas, etc.

For the rest of the kids that stop in, I fill a basket with 100 cal treats but not candy. I put the basket out a few weeks ago and the guys grab when they walk back. No candy bars and I think they appreciate not eating crap. I will most likely continue to do this. There's something about that label saying "100 calories" that makes you stay on track and just eat one.

Happy to here your fam made it safe and sound, Janet. I know what you mean about wanting your DS closer...my little guy lives out in Atlanta and I miss him terribly. Will not see him til Christmas or a few weeks later. His choice to live out there and happy he is doing what he wants but what about momma?

Edited by Apples2

Hey guys~

Apples, I will try and call soon. There's no school on Friday, so will have Nels all day. Tomorrow DH is post call and I am getting "younger" hair in the a.m. and hope to get toes after if time permits. I do have some ideas about rentals and/or hotels with group rates. (seems we had a good handful that don't wish to share rooms). Maybe there is a house in one of those communities that also has a hotel/resort like deal. Also, before I forget, last Dec. I had my first bout ever with Benign paroxysmal positional vertigo. DH and I both had a good guess that that was the diagnosis, but boy if you are wrong, it can be something bad. So I had to see the neurologist, MRI.. blah blah blah. Both times I had it she was able to do the Epley maneuver to correct it. It's NOT fun. I remember the first time the neuro wanted to have me lie flat, I just cried. It is such a horrible feeling. Such a feeling of loss of control. Sounds like yours is connected to your sinus stuff. oh gosh, hope it is ok. And talking about the cold, I think I would just freeze to death there. (or would become a hermit and never leave the house). I just don't like the cold that much. (I like to visit it once in a while, but not long term). DH had a REALLY REALLY good job offer after residency in Bismark. We could have paid off all our school loans etc in 2 years with the pay vs cost of living there. In the end, the thought of the cold and being that far from my family convinced us not to take it. It is NOT something I regret.

Janet, yeah, Monday sounds doable. I will get through the weekend. (DH on call and have to do Halloween by myself). I feel horrible that I haven't gone and even got an email from my YMCA running coach wondering where I was for the 5k training. SIGH... need to get back. But I hear ya with the getting sick thing. It's better NOT to push it when you feel yourself getting sick. But I WANT and need to get closer to my one year goal of 100 off and each week that goes by without a loss reminds me of how much more work I need to be doing.

Last year DH had gone to Sears to by a treadmill. Got a good one and a good deal. Well, when they came to deliver it, it had a big scratch on the front. They only wanted to take $50 off a originally $1100 marked down to $700. Said I was already getting a deal, blah blah blah. They had already put it on my front porch and torn the box. I was so pissed that I said, "good, put it back on your truck!" (In my mind I thought they would call their supervisor and get another 50-100 off the price, rather than load it back up. It only had another 15 ft to go!) Well, they did NOTHING, no apology, nada, and put it back on the truck! Well, DH got home that night and was so mad at me. I told him we would find another one, and of course... never did. I see folks who hang clothes on them, etc. and I really don't have a good space for it. (it was going to have to be either in the guest room or Florida room). He still gives me a hard time about it. But, THAT is not a good excuse for not exercising. It is beautiful outside and it's exactly one mile around the main block of my neighborhood. I also have the pool heated. And the YMCA is 6 miles away. Really really no excuse. It's about being lazy and tired and trying to make excuses. I have GOT to get back with my trainer. It seems this is the only way that I make it to the gym on a routine basis. If I had it in myself, I wouldn't have needed surgery to help lose weight, right?!

Sorry for the ramble. More later.. need to get the little monkey ready for bed. The girls came swimming again today. He should sleep good. Field trip to the nursing home tomorrow at school to sing Halloween songs to the seniors. awww.

peasout~ Laura

Thanks for the info on the vertigo, Laura. Oops...see that I have been spelling it with a (d). This is managable. Had it two years ago where it was not. Was in Feb and DS and DH were on a business trip for a week. Me and the dog. Took everything I had to get out of bed to let the dog out and then I would vomit because of moving. We think we figured out why I got it that time. Stayed at the Hilton in Daytona Beach for two weeks. Me and oldes DS sat on the patio looking at the ocean every morning for coffee and would threaten DH that we were going on the ride right on the beach. Each night we would watch as ppl would get flung 360 feet in the air in a sling shot ride. DH kept telling me I shouldn't do it. Well.....if you know me well enough you would know that he said the wrong thing. DS and I took a ride. Was great....DS was scared. Kept saying over and over "Holy Sh_t". I kept saying..."Let's do it again". Got it on CD and everything. Was a great ride but boy did it affect me a month later. Not worth it. That time the vertigo lasted almost six months off and on. Really, really bad for a full two weeks with me in bed.

One of the reasons I have not gone to doc is because they always want to do CAT and I KNOW it's sinus related. Had leftover dizzy pills and just taking them now and then. I know, shouldn't save pills but I did.

Laura, if you cannot reach me at home on Friday, call my cell. I do not mind sharing a room. Prefer my own but would share.

Where is the kind person who "offered to help" I am not familiar with "threads" or boards, but I desperately want to be a part of your community. I had my lap band proceedure 3 weeks ago and have been really disapointed with the lack of support I have received from the clinic. I hope to learn a lot from all of you, and hope also to find encouragement. I find this process loney and frustrating.

about me-I'm 52 married 30 yrs. Two adult kids and two grandchildren. People tell me I have a good sense of humor and am a compassionate person, but right now, I just feel like a failure.

Where is the kind person who "offered to help" I am not familiar with "threads" or boards, but I desperately want to be a part of your community. I had my lap band proceedure 3 weeks ago and have been really disapointed with the lack of support I have received from the clinic. I hope to learn a lot from all of you, and hope also to find encouragement. I find this process loney and frustrating.

about me-I'm 52 married 30 yrs. Two adult kids and two grandchildren. People tell me I have a good sense of humor and am a compassionate person, but right now, I just feel like a failure.

We are all here to help you however we can. Just posting here makes you part of this community. So sorry you are not getting any support from your clinic.

Why is it you are feeling like a failure after only three weeks?? You are still in the recovery/healing phase and should not expect to be dropping a lot of weight at this point. Usually, you will get your first "fill" 4-5 weeks after your surgery. I had 3 in the first few months. Right now you have little or now restriction because you haven't had any fills.

Has your clinic given you a schedule of how they want you to eat in this initial post-op period?? Generally that is 1-2 weeks of liquids, then full liquids, then "mushies" before you progress to more normal food.

Please feel free to ask any questions you might have and share whatever is on your heart. ALL of us are here to help you!

Welcome!!

:thumbup:

Hi...I was the person that you emailed earlier today. Happy you came back to this thread. Try not to be frustrated. I do think that you need to get some info from your clinic as far as fills and not just a "form letter" and no other communication from them.

There is no such thing as a silly question as far as any of us are concerned. So...ask away

!

Fill doesn't seem to have done much. This guy did my first fill and didn't do much either. I think I'll put in for another one right away. I'm getting too close to my goal to slow down now because of lack of restriction. I'll try to make sure I have one of the othe Dr.s next time.

Porucpinemamma - I am the thread starter - but we are a village here - we all support each other.

What isn't your clinic doing for you? What food stage on you on - I was 52 when I was banded .

Why do you think you are a failure.. What's going on??

Let us know and we will find a way to help you thru this..

My family is visiting from out of town - so I will be getting off the computer soon - but let me know what's going on and we will give you our imput

We are here to help !!!!