Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

I'm here to help...

Thanks Lori. The view is what made us buy this house....it was a mess and we've remodeled 2/3's of it. We just can't seem to get the 3rd bedroom and dining room done.

I've got to go make a turtle burrow so my male has some place to hibernate this winter.

BBL

Eva...saw the rest of the photos after I posted. What a lovely house...inside and out. You are very talented in laying tile. I LOVE all the designs. I have always been disappointed that we could not do tile in our home. We do have a good sub floor but we have a wood basement and we see where our floor "rises" and falls during different seasons. Part of living in MN

I don't think your kitchen looks too dark. I also love the tile you did around your counters. Very lovely. Thanks for sharing. Also, you have a beautiful view. I bet you spend a lot of time hanging out outside. Looks so peaceful.

Eva, love the pictures.. You are so talented... I have talents, but not like that.... I'm not artistic at all.... Your house is lovely... the view is wonderful... are you out in the country or just on a big lot??? Don't worry, you'll get to the other rooms when the time is right....

Apples, sometimes we just have to know when to stay home.... The weather is bad here, too... No sun... it's hard to get excited about much without some sunlight... DH has been doing a project at my mother's all day, but just came home.. We are doing supper with friends and then cards tonight... I've just been having a very lazy day.. Shoulder is tolerable today... Did take some Tylenol a while ago.... cleaned out a junk drawer and a few other odds and ends.... Oh, I baked a cake so there is something to serve company later... Raw Apple cake... DH loves anything with apples and we have a nice tree in our backyard.. didn't produce too many this year so they are manageable...

Lori, glad you and DH got your time in together... Hints for Christmas ideas is a good thing... My DH is not hunting this year.. First year since we've been married that he has not had a license... I don't eat venison, so am happy not to have that around... He is thinking he may do some goose hunting this year maybe... Don't eat that either, but oh, well......

Well, about time to get spiffed up for the evening.. I did get a new perm this morning... I can smell it still, hope no one else can... My hair really dried out so will have to do an oil treatment is a few days... You all have a great Saturday night... do something fun!!!! Julie

Julie, have fun tonight..hope you win. Our house is on 1/3 acre. This is an old subdivision zoned at 3 houses per acre. All the houses had to be at least 1,500 square feet and made of block, brick, burnt adobe, or that type of material. And I'm in the city limits but just barely.

Apples, tile belongs on concrete IMHO. I don't think laying tile on wood sub floors makes too much sense. Wood floors have so many options for finishes and they are much warmer. I'd trade my concrete for a house with a basement, but then I wouldn't live here. My dog, Glimmer, is 10 and getting pretty gray and a little senile I think. She is part of the family and adores DH. She is a great dog though and is very well behaved. I'll post cat pictures some other day when everyone needs a laugh.

Janet, hope you are having a great day too. Did you make it to the gym? I got a workout with the tortoise burrow. Geez I'm out of shape.

Okay, I'll check in again tomorrow. Have a great night everyone.

Hello guys!!!

Surgery went well, thank God! Started 730 am sharp... I was scared out of my wits, last thing I remember is the short trip from my room to the OR, after that nada. I woke up to an extremely excruciating shoulder pain, couldn't breathe 'cuz apparently they had a very hard time putting the tube down my throath (guess I can't be called deep throat,hehe) and it got very inflamated making it hard for me to breathe, it was a bit scary. The worse was the shoulder, oh man how it hurt, I wanted to cry but I couldn't 'cuz of the breathing issue, so it was a very frustrating first hour.

After that they put me in a little room where I stayed for about 2 hrs and then it was time to go home. My sweet husband was so relieved to see me come back to the room... he is the greatest guy in the world, I am so lucky to have him in my life.

I got home and my poor mother was freaking out, but breathed a little easier when she saw me up and walking. Yesterday is just a blur, between the shoulder pain and the chest pain I was in bed all day.

Today was much better, I had my shakes, come Jello and have been just chilling around. Shoulder still hurt but I found a very nice hot pack that my doula made me when my younger daughter was born, what a great little thing!! Feeling much better!

Thanks for all of your good wishes.

I'll keep you guys posted, have a great sunday!

:blushing:

weight.png

Lilianna..........congrats on having the surgery behind you now... The next couple of weeks will be a real learning experience, but you'll get it, no problem.... take good care of yourself...

Eve, how does one make a tortoise burrough???????

Girls beat the guys tonight and really put them in their place for a change.. They tend to get a little cocky sometimes... we beat them 2 out of 3 and quite soundly, I might add!!!!!!! Was fun and my shoulder hasn't been hurting, yet, so that was very good..... Time to relax and turn in......up early for church.... TTYL..... Julie

I'm back. I did good with sitting thru all the sessions and sectionals. I picked good ones and they held my interest. Got some inspiration and ideas. food wasn't great but I survived. Getting back on track now. I did manage to get some exercise. That helped.

Julie, happy belated birthday. From all the trouble you've had I would suggest that you don't force the shoulder, take your time and be very cautious with therapy. Seems like you're ultrasensitive to being stretched and strained. Tell that to your therapist. Sometimes they want to push you too fast.

Laura, hang in there.

Great, glad you're doing well. I'm dealing with some parent issues, too. Mine are getting to the point where they need a closer eye. I'm the oldest and I live the closest but their idiosycrasies are getting worse with age and I don't enjoy being with them for any length of time. My mom complains about my dad all the time, and blames him for her misery but she never learned how to effectively stand up to him and plays the victim role. He's incredibly bossy and a bully in the sense that he can't stop giving advice and won't stop until she gives in. She's never learned to just ignore him, walk away, or do her own thing anyway without trying to justify it.

1 day, I'm getting back on track too.

Apples, your house is incredibly neat, clean and organized. Did you say the basement floor is acid washed?

I like having cheaper clothes that have flair. Exensive clothes don't seem to last any longer for me than cheap clothes. I like cotton knits. They all tend to lose their shape or get difficult stains. And they fade. I wear the ones I like a lot.

I do like jewelry. Unusual pieces-not expensive. Kind of like hand-blown glass and painted glass. Some ethnic jewelry.

There's a brand called Artisian that I really like. I can't afford to buy a lot, but my daughter's bought me some nice pieces. She seems to have caught on to my style.

Gotta go to bed. Gotta sing at church tomorrow.

Cheri

Good Morning Gang..

Yes it's 5:41 on a Sunday morning - the Cat woke me up fighting with another cat on the side of the house

I went to bed around 9:30 so I have had my sleep - well if you count Andrew leaving and coming home - dogs barking -but went right back to sleep

Eva - OMW you can see the diff in your b/4 and now pics - WTG keep up the good work..

Love the house picture - Ok I guess I will have to clean mine so I can post some too :0)..

You did that tile work yourself - you are talented !!!! I don't have patience and most likely would get confused :0).. Once I layed that peal and stick tile - kept getting the patterns mixed up...

You have beautiful views..

Liliana - Glad everything went well - I had bad gas pains in my shoulders too - gas x strips and walking !!!! Glad you have dh to help take care of you..

Apples - us West Coast pple just love the idea of basements - I know I do - what a great extra space - there are a couple old homes here (blt in the 20) that have them - but that's is - I guess it's due to EQ that we don't have them - I am guessing - I don't know why we don't build house w/them

Great - My xdh use to hunt w/my bil - one year they killed a bambi (female against the law) and I couldn't eat it.. My sis stepbro is a butcher too - so they know how to cut that stuff up - I rather go to the store and buy my meat :0)

Yesterday - Gym then Got hair cut, took Andrew for this tattoo removal - dropped him off went to the mall - got a pair of levi skinny jeans @ penny's and a pair of flat suede boots - regular 136 for 69 - at Macy's - now can't wait to wear them.. Weather needs to cool down

Then went to Steinmart - tired on tons of tops - but just didn't love them - and tried on some cute straight leg 9 west jean - but didn't like the muffin top - hell I am wearing a 4 and still have muffin top - not bad but still have the skin and I guess some fat around the stomach - 4 fit perfect except for the little roll on the sides.. My levi's are 6's -- I don't know why in most pants (well except juniors) I am a 4 - but in levi's I am a 6. I didn't have on a tight spanks - and old one -from my fat days.. That may have been the problem -

This last pay check is my last shopping ck ;0) - Well really my next paycheck will be normal - but 11/15 will be loosing about 175 - 200 per ck..

I guess I could be like all the kids & grown ups who let their bumps show - but I can't I just can't - when I am out and about - I look at pple any say to myself - did you look in the mirror before you left.. I know I am very very bad - I need to quit

Oh ya got this cute little hoodie jacket (like sweat jacket) but very thin and oh so soft -

Oh I got my Ninja mixer from QVC - and for once a product does like it shows on tv - they took ice and made snow cones (great for margarita) and the machine really does do it just like tv..

So on the way home from shopping (5 p.m - I left the house at 8:30) I was hungry (only had a lite mocha frap with 2 shots of espersso) got stuff to make salsa and tacos (thats what I was hungry for)

Came home made the salsa - cut my pinkey on the blades - they are SHARP!! - and then made guacamole had 1 taco and then had 1 cup of meat Beans cheese salsa and guacamole.

Then made a slushie with lite cranberry juice..

Oh ya I got some GREAT Jerky at the mall at one of those kiqoush (sp) it was expensive - but very very good - sweet and spicy 86 cal for 1 oz and it's filling - but I am hiding it in my room (really will take to work) cuz Andrew would eat it in 5 sec flat - $9 bucks for one little package - so it's my treat for when I get hungry at work..

Well it's now 6:16 - I guess I have written a book this morning but you guys are the only pple I talk to - Well did talk to Andrew for about 2 seconds last night when cooking dinner and showing him the Ninja.. You know teenagers they don't talk :0)..

Well maybe I should go to the gym and work on my abs :thumbup:)

Need to go get veggies today - some suede spray for my boots - the paper should be here by now..

CBL

Liliana...happy to hear that your surgery went well and you are back at home and ready to start you LB life. Sorry about the shoulder issues. Like Janet said, walk it off. So good for you to be up and about but also to get your rest. Make good food choices and follow the rules your doc set for you as far as taking care of yourself and your food regimine. (sp?)

Janet... sounds like you had a productive Saturday. The Ninja sounds great. I was gifted a Magic Bullet by a friend when I had my LB surgery. I don't use it much anymore but came in handy back then.

I, too, was up early this morning 5:20. Went to bed at 9pm last night. Two nights in a row...unusual for me. DH got up about an hour later, we had Breakfast and looked at the clock and it said 8:30. Forgot that clocks went back an hour last night. Clock in bedroom automatically sets itself.

Still fighting this verdigo crap and the pills I take for it kick my butt. It will all pass in a few days. Happens every year about this time and just plays itself out. Feel like I am walking around in a daze. almost fell down the stairs backwards yesterday. I was doing laundry and running like I do. We have a hand rail on the steps but decided to bring a double load up and no free hands. Learned my lesson. Don't want my DH coming home to a horror show at the bottom of the steps!

I would give up my basement in a moment! The only thing I would have would be a small underground storm shelter. B/4 this place came up for sale (22 yrs ago), we had plans to build a 2 story log cabin on the farm site where we lived. No basement in the plans. I feel it is wasted space. We have a 900 square foot family room down there with new furniture (2 yrs ago) that has barely been sat on. The only reason I go down there is to walk on the treadmill or get something out of one of the closets. Oh yeah, laundry room but that has a separate set of stairs. When the boys lived at home we used it. Their friends practically lived down there. Think I missed all of them as much as my DS's when they left. DH's bathroom is also down there and I have one in our bedroom and a guest one on the main floor. I would trade my home in a minute to be living closer to town and to have a smaller home. Five bedrooms and three baths for just the two of us. We do have DH's family xmas every few years and the room does come in handy.

It's not that I'm not appreciative...just too much upkeep that is unnecessary.

Made my cauliflower yesterday. Quite good. Just steamed it till tender and added a little garlic, dill weed, onion, ground sweet red peppers and a tbls of red vinager. There was a little pouch packing goin' on after that! Not really...ate my cup and then another b/4 bed. Such a nice alternative to green veggies.

Cheri...good to hear you got something out of your seminars and that they held your interest. As far as my "clean" house. Actually pretty easy since I work from home. Always time to get up from desk or whatever and put a load of laundry in or sweep a floor.

Julie...good goin' on the car playing. Always feels good to kick man butt!

DH and I are finally going to fit our date in today. He has been sleeping in the chair for over an hour. Guess he needed the extra zzzz's. Never did get how men can fall asleep at the drop of a hat. I have never been a napper so maybe that is why I don't understand.

We are heading to Alexandria (about 60 miles or more). Having brunch and taking in a movie and a little shopping. Man shopping at Menards and Fleet Farm. I really do like these stores. They have a little of everything. I will stock up on doggie treats, maybe a new puppa toy or two.

You all have a great Sunday. OOOO....was thinking about any other obcessions...I think we need to get Phyll in on this. I noticed around Easter she had the cutest hat on in a phota on her avatar. OK Phyll...how many hats are you hiding in your closet?

Wow Janet shopping!!! I get what you said about the people wearing too tight clothes and their fat hanging out. All my clothes are large and lose...I really don't want to show off my fat. It's bad enough being fat let along letting everyone actually see it. So do you go through your old clothes and get rid of stuff as you buy new stuff? I take it you dress up for work too so you need nice clothes. Please chat away, I really enjoy reading everything.

Julie, I had to make a place for the tortoise to hibernate. So an earth sheltered "cave" or burrow is what I'm trying to do. Digging in my yard is almost impossible (hence no basements) because we have caliche which is a very ugly rock layer. Our caliche layer is about 4 or 5 inches below the surface and goes down many feet. So I'm building up a pile of dirt on top of an old rinse tub. It's propped up on blocks so Samson can get in and out and now I'm piling dirt on top of it and around the sides. I'll protect the opening with something since it's a small burrow, but I haven't figured that one out yet. My shoulders and back are feeling all the dirt moving I did yesterday.

I made a couple of cards last night. My "blank" stock has been depleted and I need to get a supply in. I made 2 birthday cards last night and dug out my Halloween stamps and will make a few of those today. I also need to go shopping for tortoise food and a couple of other things.

Hope everyone has a great Sunday. Check in later.

Eva

OK...now I'm really confused. Is it the weekend to set the clocks back or not? My computer says not, cell phone say not. Why did clock in bedroom automatically go back and get me up so early?

I just looked back...I gotta shorten up my posts. I am a gabber.

Eva..what a good momma you are. Samson will be very happy and all snuggled in. I, too, make cards. Find it to be a stress reliever and satisfying when done.

Oh yeah...didn't bring up what I though on the muffin top issues that Janet mentioned. Nope, I couldn't do it either, Janet and Eva. I notice now that I am more comfortable wearing clothes that are a little more form fitting but not tight. Can't do it. Any little thing shows and I toss it off.

OK...now I'm really confused. Is it the weekend to set the clocks back or not? My computer says not, cell phone say not. Why did clock in bedroom automatically go back and get me up so early?
Janet... sounds like you had a productive Saturday. The Ninja sounds great. I was gifted a Magic Bullet by a friend when I had my LB surgery. I don't use it much anymore but came in handy back then.

I, too, was up early this morning 5:20. Went to bed at 9pm last night. Two nights in a row...unusual for me. DH got up about an hour later, we had Breakfast and looked at the clock and it said 8:30. Forgot that clocks went back an hour last night. Clock in bedroom automatically sets itself.

You all have a great Sunday. OOOO....was thinking about any other obsessions...I think we need to get Phyll in on this. I noticed around Easter she had the cutest hat on in a phota on her avatar. OK Phyll...how many hats are you hiding in your closet?

Next weekend, Darling! If they hadn't changed the routine, we wouldn't be getting confused! I wish they would just do away with it. What does the farming community think about daylight savings these days???

Magic Bullet.... I used mine a lot right after surgery, too, and now hardly ever... BUT, DH uses it all the time to grind coffee. Works great for that!

Obsessions: yes... shoes, purses, hats and books!! I told DH how many shoes and purses have been reported because he is always on my case. We brought two cloth shopping bags full of hats with us. Probably another two bags at home. I have to have sun visors (both cloth and foam because I use the foam ones in the pool), and have to have many colors to go with different outifts and different bathing suits, then I like the "newsboy" style hats and I have light weight, medium weight and warm ones for cold weather... like furry (which don't get worn much here in the desert, but... ya never know... and we go up the tram in the winter and it's cold up there!) Interestingly enough, many of my hats had to go to the Goodwill because my head shrunk!! Yeah, I guess I was a FATHEAD!! I lost a roll of fat on the back of my neck and now many of my hats are too loose, and my CPAP mask has nothing to hold on to so I have problems keeping it where I want it during the night!!

Books.... we won't go there right now!! LOL

Do you believe this big hype on obesity the last few days??? I even heard on the radio that insurance companies may be denying people insurance or making them pay higher premiums/co-pays if they are overweight!! Heard Laura Ingels on talk radio raving on this the other day and wanted to jump through the radio and strangle her, she was being so insulting to overweight people!

Phyl, there has been a pledge drive on NPR this week so I haven't been listening as much (I donate every year). So what's the big stink on the insurance? I was a self pay because my insurance wouldn't pay for weight loss anything. I have hats too....mostly visors, but one very good sun hat for the desert. When I was not so fat, I looked good in hats...all kinds of hats. I really wish they would come back in style, I think they are cool.

Julie, cool on winning at cards. I love to beat the men...isn't that chauvinist of me?

Janet, kiosk for spelling. The only reason I know this is because Qwest has kiosks in the malls.

Apples, your posts are interesting and entertaining. Unless someone really objects, I'd say post away. I tend to get wordy too. So does your dog have a zillion toys too? Glimmer has one that she really likes....she can actually catch this one if we throw it to her. She is a mutt even if she looks like a lab. She doesn't like Water and she can't catch and does marginally at retrieving.

Okay, I walked to the grocery store, about 2 miles away, whet shopping (DH picked me and the 2 pumpkins up), got the last load of laundry in, fed the tortoises and am getting ready to do some baking. I'm making fruit cake for Christmas. They have to cure for a while so they need to be done ahead. My fruit cakes don't have any citron in them and I only use dried fruit, not candied and they taste amazing. So I guess I better stop fooling around and get something done.

ee

Hi ladies, thees unusual sleep patterns seem to be an epicemic, too... My pain had me awake and miserable so took a hot bath at 12:30....just about to fall asleep at 1:30 when the phone rang... DD calling for help... Mimi was throwing up... So I'm over there in 5 minutes (only a short distance) to find Mimi in bathtub having a blast with puke all over in her hair...... I got her cleaned up while DD took care of the bed and such.... She said Mimi started wretching in her sleep..... threw up all over.......... but you wouldn't have known it by the way she was acting.. She was wide awake and ready to play... Laughing and running around naked after her bath... I'm thinking that there must have been gunk running down the back of her throat that caused the vomiting... She has had a cold for a few days with a runny nose... After I got home I still had my pain, but did finally fall sleep til 7:00.... then up for church.. was ready for a nap when I got home, but just can't get comfortable.....

I guess I'm the odd one here... don't own a hat...... don't like to shop.... have a regular purse most of the time... usually only buy one of something... occassionaly I'll buy 2 of the same shirt.... I have plenty of shoes, but mainly just wear one pair of slides for summer and have a winter pair to match whatever color I'm wearing... Don't like tennis shoes much... But we do lots of us have big feet... I'm also a 10 wide.... I think that's why I don't care much about shoes.. Hard to find nice ones in "big boat" size..... And I can't wear heels of any sort... Hurts my back.... I wear Isotoner slippers around the house in the winter and bearfoot in the summer... Nothing about me is fancy......

Eva, I make a good fruitcake, too, that doesn't have all that citron in it... Lots of fruit and nuts... Was my grandmother's recipe and I make it for my brothers at Christmas often... Was just looking at fruit Friday trying to decide if I wanted to do it this year.. I'm not feeling very festive yet!!!! Gotta make carmel rolls for deer season coming up pretty soon and I'm dreading it.. Don't know if I can kneed the dough.. It's been a tradition for so many years... My nephew has a birthday and he always asks.. He's going to be 27 this year..... I used to own a restaurant and made all that stuff from scratch.. Those kids grew up on Auntie's baked goods and they don't want me quitting anytime soon... I told him he has to come help me this year!!!!

Also, Eva, I get the picture about the burrough... You are a special pet owner to do all that.....

Apples, I was just in Alexandria on my way home from Ohio.... can invision the Fleet Farm there... We shop at the one in Fargo when we get there....

I've got carpet cleaners coming in the morning finally to clean these dirty carpets... I'm ashamed of them right now.... Between Mimi, the cats and DH and his coffe I can't keep them clean.... And they are getting old and need replacing... But still don't have those decisions made.... Have to get the furniture all moved before we go to bed tonight... Thank goodness DH is here to do that....

I think I'm going to go do my PT exercises and see how comfortable my bed feels... maybe a nap will follow.... Waiting to hear from Laura... hope she made it home okay... Bye for now.. Julie