Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

I'm here to help...

Janet...bought washer/dryer cuz I have so many big loads with jackets, coveralls, jeans, etc. Farm stuff. I fell in love with the first load. Thought I died and went to heaven. Dryer drys them in 1/3 of the time of regular. I dry a lot outside also.

When we moved here, I had to leave our new washer and dryer in our house in Delaware so needed to buy new ones. I begged DH for the front loaders, just couldn't convince him of the need for the extra cost. Maybe next time! Do they really take longer to wash?? I'd love to have those and stack them.

Don't think these are made to stack, Great. These sit on pedastels that are really drawers. The drawers hold a lot and when pulled out works as a shelf to put baskets on when loading and unloading.

I guess I never paid attention or timed how much time my others took. All I know is that I needed them for the big loads/dirty oily clothes I have to wash. Cuts my laundry time down by hours each week. I put the dirty clothes on 56 minute cycle. I still save time cuz the dryer is also so efficient.

Apples Love the house it is what I pictured your house to look like

Okay so yes WC is so hard an depressing I let it get to me so much that i have started eating crap and feeling bad. I have changed so much in the last 3 months not caring and having panic attacks at work. The good thing is I am taking a vacation so I need to focus on myself I need to kick the caffeine and sugar big time So I am going to to the 5 day you guys have any other suggestions

I plan on getting up in the morning each day and go walking at the mall

Need to focus on myself again an focus on my tool. An find a healthy destracting habit to not think about food like cross stitch or something.

Do you think after the 5 day I will probably not need a fill? Ever since I did not get a fill the last time I saw my doctor i think I need one

1Day...I guess only you would know whether you need a fill or not. I think it is a very good idea to do the 5-day pouch test to help you get on track. See how your band feels and what your restriction level is after you do it. It might just be the ticket and will get you back to where you want to be.

Sounds like you are frustrated with starting up the old habits again and are making the first steps to getting back on track. Proud of you for that.

You know we are all here for you and will be there every step of the way. Go for it!

Melissa like Apples said you will have a better idea after doing the 5 day pouch test.. I do caffinee - but I use splenda - truiva or whatever fake sugar I have and I use sf Creamer

I couldn't give up my coffee - I love the new instant from Starbucks (italian)

Good for you for focusing on you - you will feel so good about yourself after you get back on tract..

Like Apples said - we are here for you !!

Good Morning Gang

Up early - didn't turn the alarm off yesterday - but I needed to get up - I really gotta hit the gym this morning - going to need 2 cups of coffee to do it ;0) - Love the new Starbuck Italian roast instant - it's FANTASTIC..

Not much to report - dinner was snack pack popcorn 1st then 1.75 cup cauliflower - then my fish- I know backwards but it worked and it's the great part about being an adult - you can eat in what ever order you want ;0) (dessert 1st)... I skipped my rice ;0)..

Laura should be flying home today - she will be so happy to see her guy ;0)...

Well cking in - CBL

Morning.......rough night for me... Thought I was having such a good day yesterday after my PT....Then last evening the shoulder and back started up... I was still awake at 1:00.... pain meds didn't help... must have finally fell asleep only to have DH get up early and I always hear him.... so, I'm tired out today... I have a perm scheduled for 10:00... maybe I can sleep while she is rolling my hair!!!!!

Janet, I've been thinking of Laura, too... Her boys will be so glad to have her home...

1Day, I know how you're feeling.... I'm still struggling with getting back on track... I wonder about a fill, too, but then something will get stuck and I think I'm still in restriction... Don't know what's right, but I do know I need to get myself in more control..... It's a hard job, this getting skinny!!!!!!!! Good luck to us all.......

Apples, thanks again for the pictures.. Showed DH last night and he was impressed... Trouble is he just says I can have anything I want and it is still up to me to decide.... Wish I could just wiggle my nose and have it all be done and pretty!!!!

TTYL.................... Julie

Good morning. Looks like a gorgeous day here today, the calm before the storm as I think it's supposed to turn bad tomorrow. DH is up for one last try for that deer hunting this morning, he went close to home and will be back by noon. Then he is taking me shopping and to lunch. He had said before my surgery when I was up to it after he'd take me to Ann Taylor shopping and to lunch, I think today might be the day. It's at one of those outdoor shopping malls so we can park right in front of the store so not much walking. Otherwise don't think I'd be ready for a mall or anything yet.

1Day, you are going to conquer this. As Dr Phil always said, you can't change what you don't acknowledge and you are acknowledging the problem that you are slipping into bad habits and are willing to look at ways to fix the problem. You are half way there! Good luck with the 5 day pouch test, I would think after that you would have a good idea if you needed a fill or not.

julie, sorry to hear about your shoulder. Hope it gets better. That darn PT seems you gotta put up with the pain for it to get better. At least for me and my knee that is.

Laura, are you home yet? I bet you got the biggest hugs and smooches from those guys of your's.

Janet, bummer about the ol' alarm going off on a Saturday morning but sounds like you are putting the extra time to good use.

Update: DH called while I was typing this and he got his deer. He's very happy. That should tie him over til we go to SD next month for more hunting. His hunting used to upset me, but it makes him so happy and he is a firm believe in he eats everything he hunts. He hates goose but he loves goose hunting and he eats everyone. So gotta give him kudos for that. He says it saves on our grocery bill but I'm not so sure on that when you add up all he spends on licenses, gear, and gadgets to get these critters.

Apples, your house is beautiful and yes, it looks spotless. The white cabinets in the kitchen really help make it look bright and cheery. If you have dark winters, the bright interiors sure help. My kitchen is dark and when I finally put in the back splash it got darker. I'll post a picture of it later. I love your laundry room and have laundry room envy.

Lori....congrats on the driving. You have a little freedom now. Tell your DH congrats on the deer too. So does this mean you don't get lunch or shopping today? Does he clean and do all the prep work with the meat he hunts? My Dad used to pheasant hunt in Nebraska....I don't ever remember him actually shooting anything though. I was probably to little to remember if he did. Today is beautiful here too.

1day...sorry about the stress in your job. As Lori said...at least you know (acknowledge) what's going on and can take steps to alleviate the problem. I hope you can let the work stress go and find a way to work peacefully there. Is there another department you could work in that isn't so stressful? I ended up completely changing jobs (same company) the last time I truly couldn't deal with the stress (people). You are welcome to vent to us. I think everyone needs to now and then.

Julie, hope you are feeling better again. The PT may be helping in the long run but makes you sore short term. Hope you have a very nice Saturday!!

Well, I'm going to go clean the kitchen so I can take a nice picture. I already took pictures of my cat in her Halloween costume.

Later,

ee

Okay photos...1st is 3 days after surgery, the 2nd is today, and the third was taken sometime between the end of April and the end of May this year.

I still have a long way to go, but it's a little progress.

Now house photos....concrete work in front of house, down to street, and view from front porch.

Oct, looking good, what a difference in the photos! Also love your view, I especially like the purple bush.

Yep I got to go shopping still. I got a new sweater and showed DH lots of ideas for Christmas. He let his deer 'rest' while we went shopping and to lunch. He's out in the garage working on it now. His dad is a retired butcher so imagine he will be out to help him cut it up to steaks etc. when he gets to that point. DH usually hunts with his brother and DS but they both bagged out on him this morning and now are wishing they went.

Now inside the house and some tile work I've done. First is the kitchen, then looking north from the kitchen with a view through the house towards the north and same shot different angle...you can see the door to the pantry. There is a hall way going from the pantry door to the 2nd bedroom/office and that is where the mosaic is. The 2nd mosaic is between the living room and my current office/plant room. The floors are different levels so the mosaic broken up the tile line and you can't really tell the difference, then I worked the tiles around the fire place to make a little "tile rivier". So now you see what I do when I'm in better shape for hobbies.

Hi Kids! Hope everyone is having a great weekend. Wish I was sitting outside in my shorts like Eva!

Wow Eva...can really tell the difference. I like it when people show photos in the same clothes that they had on in their b/4's. I bet you feel so much better.

Love your puppa. How old is he? Ours will be 8 yrs old on Feb 2. Every year DH and I make him a doggie birthday cake the night b/4 his big day and put candles in it. We make it out of chicken, beef, etc. The first year when we tried to take a photo (with the candles burning) he grabbed the entire cake candles and all and down the hatch in one swallow.

Thanks for the comments on my kitchen. Yes, the white does brighten it up. Since it isn't real big, it also makes it seem larger. It does the job.

Janet..our alarm goes off the same time EVERY morning. DH's thing...gotta her the damned farm report, ya know. We go round and round about it. I just get up at 5:20 not matter what. Especially with the cold and wet weather we are having and no one getting their corn out of the fields. Same old negative crap over and over. I come out to the kitchen, put the coffee on, make Breakfast with some really upbeat music. DH lays and listens to the "god" of all farm reports. Did you get your gym time in?

I am not sure who brought up the audio books if it was me or Eva. Anyway, she gave me the idea of getting them from the library. I tooled off this morning and picked up three. TV does not hold my interest when I am on the treadmill. Bet the books will. Gonna smoke my tennies later.

Also, thanks for the reminder about cauliflower. I never think to make it mashed. I have NEVER been a mashed potato lover or really any kind of white potatoes. When I was in town this morning I picked up a couple of heads. Going to cook them up and put in portion sized container for the freezer.

Julie...sorry to hear you had a rough nite. Darn that shoulder. I sometimes wonder if you don't have a rip that did not get picked up on the MRI. Just a thought. Maybe it is as others say...gotta hurt with PT in order to get better.

Great...did you get out for your lunch and Ann Taylor? Something about Ann Taylor stuff. I just love it. I have been finding some in our consignment shops lately. Just this morning I found a sheer beaded/sequined (not overdone..just a few) top in a plum color for $12. Brought it home and matched to a new pair of plum tailored slacks I bought. I knew I would find something to go with them. Happened to have a tank that looks great under it.

DH and I were going to have a date last night and called it off cuz too tired (big day). I was in bed early. Then, we promised each other we would drive to a larger town about 60 miles from here and take in a movie and dinner. Well, pansied out on him again...too cold and rainy. Promised that tomorrow we would go out for brunch, drive to see a movie and a little shopping. Won't poop out on him tomorrow. I can't break two promises in a row, can I?

Well, think I am going to go and hit the tread mill and relieve a little stress. Put my earphones on, and "read". You all have a good one.