Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

I'm here to help...

Janet...thanks for info on uploading photos. Your instructions made it easy.

Kind of a scary episode in your neighborhood. Eeks! Happy to hear you got your recognition....about time. At least there weren't the layoffs like you guys expected. Anyway, congrats on your 30 yrs. We promise...when you hit your 30 yrs strong on this thread, we'll also celebrate!

hello all~

what a day. went to the 3rd oncologist. Medical opinions are like A$$holes, everyone's got one. The take home message for me is this cancer is really really bad at stage 4, but that they really don't know. We keep getting different numbers. I guess the most important data will be the scans after 2 rounds of chemo.

DH took Nelson and the gang to Disney's Magic Kingdom today. 2 hr drive both ways! They had fun but sound exhausted. I had my Brazilian girls come clean the house, do laundry and change all the linens while they were gone. DH said, "someone broke in and stole all the dirty clothes, and they made the beds while they were here!" LOL. Cute. I am so thankful for those girls right now. I will have to bring them something from NC or just pay them extra.

I had to make some of those dreaded calls today for my mom. She just couldn't tell people without crying so hard. Called mostly some long time family friends and my uncle. Just heart breaking. Everyone wants to come visit, but Dad just really doesn't want to see anyone right now.

ok guys. hope everyone has a safe weekend. Janet, congrats on your job anniversary. Happy travels to those traveling. Bubba, glad you are a bit better. Great, you are doing awesome! Apples, any decisions with the job? Haven't seen any menus last few days. I have been cooking here last couple days for dinner. Dad is really not hungry, so has to be something really tasty. I made a really fresh stirfry tonight. Purposely made it a little high calorie (added sesame oil at end) and he ate a good portion. Wish you were here to cook for him. : )

Hi to everyone else. more later.

peas

Awww, Laura, I just hate what you are going through. I wish I could be there to cook for your poppa. I am sure your dinner was very tasty. Try to just fine out what he is hungry for and go from there. Sometimes the basics is what a person craves the most when they are not up to par. If your dad doesn't tell you his favs...ask your mom. Happy to hear that DH is keeping everyone busy on the homefront so you can concentrate on your parents. Take care and will be thinking of you.:thumbdown:

OK Everyone...one more thing and then I PROMISE I won't post any more today...Just want to say one thing...

See....I DO look like my avatar!!!! Told ya!

hello all~

what a day. went to the 3rd oncologist. Medical opinions are like A$$holes, everyone's got one. The take home message for me is this cancer is really really bad at stage 4, but that they really don't know. We keep getting different numbers. I guess the most important data will be the scans after 2 rounds of chemo.

DH took Nelson and the gang to Disney's Magic Kingdom today. 2 hr drive both ways! They had fun but sound exhausted. I had my Brazilian girls come clean the house, do laundry and change all the linens while they were gone. DH said, "someone broke in and stole all the dirty clothes, and they made the beds while they were here!" LOL. Cute. I am so thankful for those girls right now. I will have to bring them something from NC or just pay them extra.

I had to make some of those dreaded calls today for my mom. She just couldn't tell people without crying so hard. Called mostly some long time family friends and my uncle. Just heart breaking. Everyone wants to come visit, but Dad just really doesn't want to see anyone right now.

ok guys. hope everyone has a safe weekend. Janet, congrats on your job anniversary. Happy travels to those traveling. Bubba, glad you are a bit better. Great, you are doing awesome! Apples, any decisions with the job? Haven't seen any menus last few days. I have been cooking here last couple days for dinner. Dad is really not hungry, so has to be something really tasty. I made a really fresh stirfry tonight. Purposely made it a little high calorie (added sesame oil at end) and he ate a good portion. Wish you were here to cook for him. : )

Hi to everyone else. more later.

peas

Laura - Glad you are able to ck in w/us and keep us updated - I love the dh story broke in cleaned the house - too funny..

Ya times are going to be tough for a long while - wish I could make it better - and I guess we can- cuz we are here for you and knowing that helped me through my tought times last year - so hope it's just as much help to you...

Hugs & Prayers xoxo Janet

OK..finally got the guts to do this...the "afters" were taken today after a day in the wind and rain...excuse the hair, please. The b/4 was at my highest weight of 249#:thumbdown:

OMW - you look fab girl - I wouldn't say you are too thin - you are thin but what the heck is wrong with that - that's the whole object - getting healthy and you look healthy and 10 yrs younger - like a whole diff person - is that your handsome guy your DH in Vega

Love your kitchen !!! Love the tile !!! White kitchen and all that cooking...

Janet...thanks for info on uploading photos. Your instructions made it easy.

Kind of a scary episode in your neighborhood. Eeks! Happy to hear you got your recognition....about time. At least there weren't the layoffs like you guys expected. Anyway, congrats on your 30 yrs. We promise...when you hit your 30 yrs strong on this thread, we'll also celebrate!

84 and still on LBT - don't know if our fingers will still work and eyesight issues ;0)

Hi Linda, nice to see you here again. It is a lot of posting to keep up with. Aren't you glad you had the opportunity to grow up knowing where the food actually comes from? I wasn't skinny even doing all the gardening and stuff.

My Mom did focus on food and she did NOT have any weight problem, but she grew up in Germany and lived there through WWII and knew what it was to be hungry. Her focus was to cook for the family.

Meredith, glad to hear you are feeling better and took a day off. Sometimes you just have to step back, not only for physical health, but for mental health. How's the house thing going? I really hope you get it. Great job on the size 16....gee, I don't think I've ever fit in a 16. Wonder what that would be like. Where in AZ do your DBF's parent's live?

Apples...so that explains your moniker. I have no hips either, just a gut... a very huge stomach. If I didn't have a roll of fat hanging off my lower stomach I wouldn't be able to keep my pants on. I guess I wasn't listening when they handed out waistlines. How you described your weight loss is how I'm losing mine. Face, butt, arms, leggs and a little around the middle. As much cooking as you do, I don't blame you for buying the best appliances you can. I love my KitchenAide. I just bumped up a little and gave my 25+ year old KA to some newlyweds and kept my MIL's bigger newer better one. She doesn't need it anymore so cool, I have a new one now.

Julie, welcome back!! Glad you had a great trip and all was well with your grandkids. Congrats on the 1X shirts. I'm still a long ways from that. You know it's really hard to eat right when you are travelling. I try but seldom succeed. You are not on a normal schedule, people always want to go out to eat, you don't eat when you should, and there are many temptations. Don't worry about and get back to your normal stuff now.

Lori..sorry to hear your Mom gave you grief over the pill thing. My mom had a strange view of certain people too. She waited on my Dad and any man like a slave. She expected me to do the same. When my DH and I were there and he wanted a cup of coffee, she insisted I get it for him. My comment was "his legs aren't broken". I have a hard time getting over that "women must wait on men" thing.

LauraK...sorry to hear about your Mom. I hope she does well with treatment. It's nice you are there for her. Enjoy your vacation day!!

Phyl, sounds like you are keeping very busy. Have fun with the football players. Walking up and down sure uses different muscles than level walking. I live in a hilly area and I can really tell the difference when I walk around here as opposed to doing the river walk (level) at work. Take care of that knee.

Laura, thanks for letting us know how you are doing. Don't worry about how your posts look. Hugs to you and your parents. Sorry Nelson has to go through this new and unusual experience, but he's young and his Daddy is there with him.

Janet....the threat of a pink slip can be stressful, especially at our age. It's not easy to find work sometimes. Do you get a regular retirement at your job? Good for you and the workout. I think the way you eat is actually good because your body doesn't get used to eating the same things every day. One of the diets I was on didn't allow you to eat the same thing more than 2 days in a row.

I find the conversation about mothers and sisters/family interesting. Many of us seemed to have some type of issue with the family. I didn't know my relationship with my Mom was so negative until the last 3 months of her life. I loved my Mom to my core, but I still don't like her right now. I really hope I work through my issues with her because I don't want to go through it again. I guess this is part of life and part of the lessons we are here to learn.

Well I've been writing this post for hours. I read and write some, then go do more chores. I'm just about ready to jump in the shower since most of my chores are done. I got the wedding card done and it came out alright. The colors are brown, copper, and green. It's interesting and actually pretty cool looking. I make a "box" card for weddings and put money in it. The sides of the box open and the sentiment is stamped on the inside. The lid is decorated with floofy stuff (flowers, bows, that sort of thing). The only problem is transporting the thing on the airplane. Don't want to squish it.

I think I'm about ready for takeoff. It will be the first time we ever left the Dallas/Fort Worth airport through the terminal doors. We've flown in and out of there countless times but never have stopped over. Should be an interesting weekend.

I'll check in when I get back....hope everyone has a great weekend.

Eva

Arlene, glad to hear your stomach is feeling better. As for being stiff....well for me that's an everyday thing. I was born stiff.

Globally....welcome. Sorry to hear about the twisted ankle..it's just the pitts having a working routine then getting injured. Hope you find that mall or a good gym for you. Food journalling reaaaaaallllllly helps me.

Thanks so much, she is doing great. Hopefully this is it for her. She goes to cancer dr next week. They say they got it all chemo and radiation was for follow up. :thumbdown:

LLK....thinking of you, also, as you go through this with your mother.

Janet...yes, we were in Vegas. Nope, not DH....this is my youngest son when he turned 21 and I flew him out to Vegas. He is now 26

Total zombie from sitting thru so many presentations. Good speaker this morning though. He talked about how resilient people do much better in life. They also live longer. Children with learning disabilities do better if they develop resilience. They need what he calls a "charasmatic" adult in their lives. Someone who believes in them, builds a relationship with them, and works with them to make them acheive success. Inspiring. Kind of what we do for each other on this thread.

The speaker was so right. My son has ADD. He went from low 2nd grade reading level in 4th grade to National Honor Society in High School, now in college, his 3rd year. Had my fights with school system. Even went so far as telling the superintendent that the school was in violation of ADA laws and that they better have an IEP meeting set up by the following day to correct it. MOM power will always win.

Went to football game tonight. Dang it was so cold, stayed til 4th Q they were winning so I came home brrrrr. That is when you can tell you have shed your "extra padding". After sitting through 8 yrs of games for son, just can't do it for niece that cheerleads.

Apples you look wonderful and so much younger. You rock.

Laura K

Apples................you are one HOT CHICK!

Janet............wow, sure you don't live in Houston?.......glad they caught those thugs. Congrats! on your 30years.

Laura........still praying God's peace for you and yours.

Eva, yeah, I can handle the stiffness......I just walk it off.

Oh and Janet, I am going Monday to get a slight unfill because I cannot eat hard Protein without pb'ing. I guess the spasms are making everything tight. Your right, I have been eating sliders and I think I have gone up a couple of pounds. I also think I need GI tests to see if the band has slipped or erroded.......just to be on the safe side.

Phyl and Great............I hope Y'all are enjoying your new knees.

Happy Sat to you all! Charlene, hope all goes well on Monday with your tests, will be hoping for the best and no slippage. Apples -- Wow! Such beautiful long legs . I was thinking the same thing Janet was when I looked at your pics - you are NOT too skinny (all those jealous women in your hometown are just plain WRONG and jealous) you look absolutely PERFECT and truly, truly you do look at least 10 years younger for sure, maybe even more than that. Love your collarbones too. I am also apple shaped, with a huge belly, so glad to see how tiny your belly ended up after you hit goal -- LOL that sounds weird, sorry, hope you know what I'm trying to say). Janet, that was a scary situation, thank goodness they caught them all so quckly before anything happened to anyone. And, congrats on your anniversary party -- I'm glad your company finally realized how stupid they were being. IMO, you deserved $100 for each year, not for each decade, but glad you got something. Laura K, sorry to hear about your mom, will be keeping you in my thoughts and prayers. Laura, thinking of you and your family every day. I know how tough it is. Glad DH is making sure Nelson is having some fun too. Felt good to sleep in this morning. This is my first weekend in a month without company or babysitting GD. I need to get ready and go to the gym. Cold here, only 37 now but the sun is out (hooray) and supposed to be in low 60s tomorrow (another hooray). Apples, how is your weather? Any luck on getting back out in the fields for harvesting? Julie, hope you're doing good today. Question, congrats on your surgery, like Apples said, the time truly does fly by during your lap band journey. Eva, your card sounded so beautiful, hope you got it there safely and hope you have a wonderful time. Globally, congrats on losing over 100 lbs! Love your "babies" -- so cute. My dog really dislikes wearing sweaters -- my last dog loved them, so even though they are same breed and size, etc. it's funny how they can be so different in personalities/needs. Pets are just the best! I can't imagine life without them. Phyll, safe journey as you travel, sounds like you're having a great time. Lori, hope the knee is doing well this morning. Cheri, thanks for sharing what the speaker said, it's so very true, not only for learning disabled children, but truly every child deserves to have someone like that in their life. Meredith, how are you doing today? Hope the house sale is going better for you. Sorry if I missed anyone, not intentional, love you all, but my little brain can't remember what anyone else has had to say lately. Gotta get to the gym. Have a great weekend everyone! Linda

Apples, love your kitchen - I think we having matching stove/microwaves -- love the red/green china.

Hi the walkin wounded here ,Banded on 10/15/09 two days ago. Nothing I ve read as prepared me for this pain and discomfort,nauseatd,sore and not sure Ill ever be hungry again.Any sugestions that worked for others?

Good grief.... got involved in a long post on another thread and now I don't remember what I was going to say!! PHone call from my sister in the midle of it didn't help!

Anyway.... what I can remember.... Laura, so sorry you're not getting much good news on your dad.

Apples... the photos are great!! Love them. And I love your kitchen, too!

See what I mean.... that's all I can remember! UGH!

I do have to get in the shower and get to DIL's in about an hour!! DGD soccer game! DGS's team lost football game last night, but they were playing a very tough, hard hitting team that is at the top of their league. GS is the QB and he did very well... had a couple of good runs and good passing, including one pretty long touchdown pass. They were troopers and played very well despite the odds. Score was 41-18, I think. Not too shabby considering! DH is off flying with DS so I'm on my own this morning!