Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

I'm here to help...

Merry Christmas everyone. I have been really busy since Thanksgiving finishing up my shopping, decorating, wrapping, getting ready for DS & DIL who are coming from Georgia for Christmas.

I have been like a yo yo since Thanksgiving. I will lose a lb, gain it back, lose it, gain it back. Right now I'm half a lb less than I was on Thanksgiving. I'm ok with that. I work for the Tax Office, tomorrow, tues, and wedneday, we are having lunch provided for us :biggrin:. Tomorrow will be BBQ, Tuesday will be Mexican, Enchiladas and Tamales. Not sure what Wednesday will be.

Happy Holiday to all of you.

Janet, let me know when you will be coming to Tx....anxious to meet.

Hi Everyone!

It's been almost 4 months for me since the lapband surgery and I'm down 32 pounds. I developed a hernia since then, and surgery this past Friday to correct it. The anesthesia kicked my butt! I was so intensely sick, I was miserable. Now I'm in a binder to keep my belly from flopping around, and I go for a post-visit next week. That's when I'll be getting my second fill.

I can tell that I can eat more than usual, and the weight loss has been slowing down.

Happy Holidays to everyone.

Patti

Full blown blizzard in our neck of the woods for two days now. Cannot see across the farm yard. Watched Christmas movies with DH ALL day yesterday (oh...with our puppa, too). Puppa (100# black lab) spent the day on our laps. Today we are cleaning (just last minute stuff...cleaning bathrooms, etc.) for Christmas. DH has a toilet brush in his hand as we speak! You just gotta love a guy with a cleaning utensils in one hand and toilet cleaner in the other. I love cleaning (therapy) but it is nice once in awhile when he makes an offer to help.

Our Christmas party on Friday night was wonderful. Had to keep our eye on the weather because we knew a storm was blowing in. Left about midnight and it was already snowing.

Not much to report. Pretty disgusted. Down another five pounds. I eat as much as I can possibly eat. Went to nutritionist and also spoke with surgeon's nurse. She told me to quit worrying about it and just keep on the way I am. I think I am eating every 2 hours and making my Snacks about 200 cals. four times a day. I know a lot of it is that I am EXTREMELY active and high-strung. Now, some of you are sitting there wondering what there is to complain about. I'm concerned. Nurse and nutritionist say to calm down but I am still losing. Not what I want. Never, ever thought this is something I would be concerned with. The last two months have been more work trying to maintain than it was to lose. To think, I plateaued for two months with 2# to lose right b/4 I hit goal. Boy, when I broke that plateau I really broke it.

Thanks for listening to me ramble and as you can tell I am concerned. I just need to continue what I am doing and calm down.

Well, back to cleaning. Have baking to do this afternoon. Making date, pumpkin and cranberry mini muffins, praline wafers dipped in white choc and choc, honey whole wheat bread (made with cottage cheese). Sending love and cheer to each of my friends!!!!!!!!!!!!

Apples - I think your body is going to find it's happy weight. I was happy at 145 - but by doing nothing more that eating healthy & exercise I have gone down to 138 - and I have stayed here with no problems - So I think this is just my happy weight.

If you are really worried about getting too thin - then get some of your fill taken out so that you can eat more.

Janet, I said I am not baking next year. I have to make Cookies for our "Christmas Eve, Eve" at church on the 23rd. Get this, we are hauling ing 60,000 lbs of snow for the kids to play in. I know all of you up north think we are crazy, but this is a treat for us. The only problem is there is a 50% chance of rain. YIKES!:)

So far I have done real well on controlling my snacking. I have been eating Protein before I bake.

Charlene - Well that's what happens when you speed read :) you miss stuff :scared2: - How fun for the kids - I say a SUV with snow on the top of it Saturday - Yes pple here in the desert go to the mountains and bring home snow..

It's suppose to maybe rain today - and on Xmas Eve and maybe Xmas - We are suppose to be in the high 50s the rest of the week..

Hello to all this morning (Sunday). Went to a Christmas party last night. There was all kinds of good food there. I did have two glasses of wine (as my kids would say, got crunked). I am not used to drinking as I don't drink much but thought I would loosen up a little bit. It was a fun party. I was hungry there and I did eat but started with Protein, then went to veggies and at last had a spoon full of a few of the dishes. I thought I was still hungry but waited 20 minutes and then was perfectly happy. My big mistake was Again, FUDGE!!!!. I had two pieces. I am going to have to do the 5 day pouch test after Xmas to get myself back off of sugar and carbs. So far my weight is staying down. I was a 55 lbs and then i went to 52 for a few days and now I am at now I am at 53 lbs. Of course everyone said I looked even skinnier since Halloween. That made me happy. Well I am glad to hear everyone is doing well so far. hope you are all enjoying this Holiday season and will talk later tonight.

Beckyo:thumbup:

Becky - 2 pieces of fudge isn't that bad - I find that those little treats will actualy help the scales move downwards.

I found vanilla ice cream by bryers - made with splenda - 80 calories for 1/2 c vs 145 for regular - so has it on top of my piece of apple pie last night:eek:

Greetings, having trouble with the fonts and colors I was trying to be creative and be festive but got orange instead and the screen won't stay up long enough for me to change it. Oh well.

Well, Janet, you asked about my day and said after hitting 91 I am probably not even tempted to stray. Well.....I'm up 1.5 today, does that say anything? :) I had a brunch on Thurs. and parties on Fri and Sat. night. The Fri party wasn't a problem it was in a restaurant and I could order what I wanted. However, Thurs the bruch was very difficult. I didn't bring any food with me, these folks have no idea I am banded though most know I am losing weight, well they all should, 90 lbs isn't easy to miss, but there's one gal there that wouldn't comment on it even if she did notice. She's been very unsupportive of my weight loss, she is overweight herself so I don't know if I make her uncomfortable or what. Anway, I expected at a brunch for the to be eggs at least. Everything was bread, the main dish was a French toast casserole, there were muffins, sandwiches, etc. The sandwiches had chicken salad in them and I took the salad out and had that but left not satisfied for the number of calories the salad cost me. Last night's party was a pot luck type thing and everything was Pasta or bread again. I had a few mini weinies and then too many Cookies and brownies. Here I'm not even a sweet person and ate that. DUH!! Oh well, I'm not changing the ticker, I will work on being mindful through the holidays and won't sweat it too much. In the past I'd gain 10 to 15 lbs from Thanksgiving to New Years, this year I am still down. This too shall pass and I will be completely on track after the holidays and make wise choices through them. I have set a mini goal to reach 100 by Valentines, it seems doable right now, I've settled into a losing pace of about 5 to 7 a month. That's 9 lbs in a little over a month and a half. Oh and the rec center is doing Biggest Loser again come January and I will be entering again.

Today I am going to my sisters for a Christmas dinner, she is serving crab so I should be good there. They haven't seen me since Oct. Then all my parties etc. are over with until Christmas eve and Christmas. And I am going to work in the morning with my workout clothes in tow! Must keep that up during this season.

Charlene, yep nuts!! Too bad you can't take some of our zero temps with it to keep the snow cold.

Apples, I always tell my husband he looks sexiest when he's cleaning!

Lori - some pple are just so jealous - I saw a girl the other day who hadn't seen me in a long time - a casual friend - 1st thing she said - Oh you aren't going to lose anymore are you you as soo skinny (get has gained like 30 lbs in the last yr). I told her to shut up - that I was normal - I wasn't too skinny..

Merry Christmas everyone. I have been really busy since Thanksgiving finishing up my shopping, decorating, wrapping, getting ready for DS & DIL who are coming from Georgia for Christmas.

I have been like a yo yo since Thanksgiving. I will lose a lb, gain it back, lose it, gain it back. Right now I'm half a lb less than I was on Thanksgiving. I'm ok with that. I work for the Tax Office, tomorrow, tues, and wedneday, we are having lunch provided for us :biggrin:. Tomorrow will be BBQ, Tuesday will be Mexican, Enchiladas and Tamales. Not sure what Wednesday will be.

Happy Holiday to all of you.

Janet, let me know when you will be coming to Tx....anxious to meet.

I think Feb 13th... Not 100% but 99% sure...

Hi Everyone!

It's been almost 4 months for me since the lapband surgery and I'm down 32 pounds. I developed a hernia since then, and surgery this past Friday to correct it. The anesthesia kicked my butt! I was so intensely sick, I was miserable. Now I'm in a binder to keep my belly from flopping around, and I go for a post-visit next week. That's when I'll be getting my second fill.

I can tell that I can eat more than usual, and the weight loss has been slowing down.

Happy Holidays to everyone.

Patti

Patti - Glad you are doing better - that 2nd fill should help.

I love to read your postings. You are all so knowledgeable! I read that bypass folks get hungry again after 6 months or so:blush: and their pouches stretch. Are we the same? I LOVE not being hungry all the time and was hoping that with fills and unfills my hunger could be controlled. I was banded on Nov. 3. Any advice?

Hi everyone -

Just digging out of over 2 feet of snow this weekend. It's going to warm up today to the 20's. Brrrr.....

Janet, thanks for the "check-in" on Friday. I didn't have a chance to look at LBT over the weekend. I am recording my food. I do eat a lot! I definitely want a fill when I see the doc again. As Phly said on an earlier post, I need to find the right mix of good food and tight band. Sliders can't be in the picture.

Glad to hear everyone is getting ready for the holidays. Don't know about where you are, but it will be white in Vermont!

Kathy

I love to read your postings. You are all so knowledgeable! I read that bypass folks get hungry again after 6 months or so:blush: and their pouches stretch. Are we the same? I LOVE not being hungry all the time and was hoping that with fills and unfills my hunger could be controlled. I was banded on Nov. 3. Any advice?

Hi Gypsy Gril !!! Welcome !!

There are failures with all WLS - It just depends on the person - I don't care if you have had bypass or band or sleeve... If you don't follow the rules and the way you look at food - you are not going to get to goal - These surgeries are little helpers with our Portion Control (and with bypass they don't absore the calories from their foods like we do - but evenually that goes away some as their body adpats to the surgery).

For me my band really doesn't take away my hunger - it just keeps me full longer - I still have major head hunger issues - I am just finding ways to deal with them other than feeding them (well need to quantify that 98% of the time I deal with them 2% I feed them)

Advice - Eat heatlhy - Exercise - follow the rules - Protein first - veggie - carbs - eat low fat sugar free - small bite, chew and eat slowly...

Hi everyone -

Just digging out of over 2 feet of snow this weekend. It's going to warm up today to the 20's. Brrrr.....

Janet, thanks for the "check-in" on Friday. I didn't have a chance to look at LBT over the weekend. I am recording my food. I do eat a lot! I definitely want a fill when I see the doc again. As Phly said on an earlier post, I need to find the right mix of good food and tight band. Sliders can't be in the picture.

Glad to hear everyone is getting ready for the holidays. Don't know about where you are, but it will be white in Vermont!

Kathy

Kathy

Yep I kept a food diary for the 1st year - and even now I try to keep track in my head - but it so very easy to forget - a bite of this or a drink of that. Today - Orange for Breakfast - lima bean Soup for lunch & 85 cal candy before lunch - I am trying to eat a little lighter today as I had apple pie last night - and will be making cookie either tonite or tomorrow with GDs...

Thanks for the response, Janet. It's the same thing my DH says...my body will find the weight it should be at. I really don't think I could get any sort of an unfill without being hungry all the time. I just need to find what I need for fuel to keep my body weight where it should be. Was just shocked that I was down another 5#. Thought I was getting enough calories. I also think I am being too "healthy" in my eating and need to throw something rich into my daily menu at least once a day. A year from now I will be wishing I had the same problem!

Thanks for the response, Janet. It's the same thing my DH says...my body will find the weight it should be at. I really don't think I could get any sort of an unfill without being hungry all the time. I just need to find what I need for fuel to keep my body weight where it should be. Was just shocked that I was down another 5#. Thought I was getting enough calories. I also think I am being too "healthy" in my eating and need to throw something rich into my daily menu at least once a day. A year from now I will be wishing I had the same problem!

Apples - I throw a little extra in every few days or maybe once a week - Last night had the apple pie al sf ice cream almode - and I don't sweat it - I just don't do it every single day... You will be fine - if you aren't we will get you back on track :smile:

---------------------------------------

Ok gang I am heading home in about 20 minutes - I have gym tonite - since I have family at the house don't know if I will be back online tonight...

So if I am not back - have a good nite and I will talk to you all in the morning..

Hugs - Janet

Apples - I throw a little extra in every few days or maybe once a week - Last night had the apple pie al sf ice cream almode - and I don't sweat it - I just don't do it every single day... You will be fine - if you aren't we will get you back on track :smile:

---------------------------------------

Ok gang I am heading home in about 20 minutes - I have gym tonite - since I have family at the house don't know if I will be back online tonight...

So if I am not back - have a good nite and I will talk to you all in the morning..

Hugs - Janet

For the last two months (give or take a few) I have been putting quite a few extra Snacks in a day. Have been sampling some of the Christmas baking and goodies. My DH thinks that I will be one that will require at least 1800 cals a day. I'm thinking that too. No need to worry and thanks for the encouragement. Just need to figure out my base calories and go from there.

For the last two months (give or take a few) I have been putting quite a few extra Snacks in a day. Have been sampling some of the Christmas baking and goodies. My DH thinks that I will be one that will require at least 1800 cals a day. I'm thinking that too. No need to worry and thanks for the encouragement. Just need to figure out my base calories and go from there.

I would say that on the average I eat between 1500-1800 a day - But tonite it will be more like 3000 :eek: (just kidding - well hopefully :thumbup:) Tonite is cookie baking night !!!

I need to talk Constipation, excuse the topic and bluntness. Since banding, I've had issues in that area but normally can resolve them with stool softners, Fiber tablets etc. But it seems to be getting worse and harder and harder to relieve. I am now taking Colace stool softners daily (dr office said this was okay), taking 4 fiber tablets a day, and going to up my Water. Last night my husband went to the store for an enema, which luckily I ended up not needing. I guess I am needing more fiber??? I don't get much, and maybe things might, ummm, soften up with more water so am making efforts to double my intake there. Any other suggestions? And when it happens how do you relieve things? Sorry to talk about such an unpleasant topic. My fiber intake went down, when I uppped the Protein due to Hair loss and wasn't getting the minimums there.

I need to talk Constipation, excuse the topic and bluntness. Since banding, I've had issues in that area but normally can resolve them with stool softners, fiber tablets etc. But it seems to be getting worse and harder and harder to relieve. I am now taking Colace stool softners daily (dr office said this was okay), taking 4 fiber tablets a day, and going to up my Water. Last night my husband went to the store for an enema, which luckily I ended up not needing. I guess I am needing more fiber??? I don't get much, and maybe things might, ummm, soften up with more Water so am making efforts to double my intake there. Any other suggestions? And when it happens how do you relieve things? Sorry to talk about such an unpleasant topic. My fiber intake went down, when I uppped the Protein due to hair loss and wasn't getting the minimums there.

ONE WORD .....MIRALAX....EVERYDAY. It has no taste ....I drink it every night before bedtime. Takes a couple of days to start working. It is safe to take every day.

After many bouts of diveticulits I have found that this works better than any of the laxatives or fiber supplements I have taken.

ONE WORD .....MIRALAX....EVERYDAY. It has no taste ....I drink it every night before bedtime. Takes a couple of days to start working. It is safe to take every day.

After many bouts of diveticulits I have found that this works better than any of the laxatives or fiber supplements I have taken.

Thanks, Arlene, you are the 2nd person to mention Miralax. Think I will brave the stores and go get some. HOw much do you take? just follow the instructions on the bottle? Does drinking a big glass of Water before bed bother your band? or does it go straight through? I'm wondering if it would be thicker than Water to drink. I heard some folks had trouble drinking Metamucil with their bands.

Miralax is mentioned on LBT quite a bit and seems to work for quite a few. It just seems a bit harsh for my system. I used to put it in my morning coffee a couple of times a weeks. No taste and didn't mind taking it. I get gaggy on most things like that. Bottle states that it usually works in 2-3 days. For me it would hit in three days and I wouldn't DARE be more than 20' from the nearest bathroom! It's worth a try. Miserable being blocked up.

In the last two months I have switched to eating a couple handfuls of any kind of Fiber One Cereal. Works for me. Now I am in the same routine as b/4 surgery. Well worth trying different things to see what works for YOU.

Life is good. Love this time of the year. Only thing that could be better is if youngest DS could make it home. But we will deal. I just don't want him to be lonesome on Christmas. His girlfriend (live in sweetheart) flew back home and will spend time with her family and ours. At least we can spend some time with her. No daughters for us but if I had the chance to hand pick one...she'd be the one.

I know the next couple of days will be extremely busy for all of us and just want to let you guys know (everyone of you) that I feel as if I have friends in all of you. Have the best holidays ever. Appreciate the ones around you and feel blessed that you have had the opportunity to have the second chance that our lap bands have provided. No, the second chance you have given yourself by choosing to do the lap band. Peace. Karen

Lori

The TMI subjects are just fine cuz we all have the problems

I find that when I don't drink enough Water I will get constipated.. Also if you don't have enough fat in your diet it will cause it to. One time with WW I like cut my fats down to nothing and had problems.

I am normally pretty regular - if I don't go one day I don't worry - but after 3 days I take a ducolax. Also I have Caltra Calcium chewables - I will eat a couple of those at bed time and it seems to help too.

What is Miralax?? I will have to look for that - it's a liquid?

My hairdresser says that the hair loss is from lack of fat in our diet not the Protein - I had a gf go on medifast - she got her protien - but lost her hair - so the whole fat issue makes sense to me - I have cut my fat quite a bit - but I still get it in my diet..