Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

I'm here to help...

Apples, where do you order your pants from? I'm 5'9 and have a 34 inseam as well. For now I got talls at Lane Bryant but I am already out of their sizes on top and slowly getting out of them on the bottom. Well I know they have 14/16 but as soon as I can find stuff elsewhere I am done with them after having only them to shop for so long. My daughter who is 5'10 likes Gap Long and Lean jeans and gets xlongs in those. Oh and I am originally from Wisconsin so understand your cold very well!

I love love love my jeans. I ordered them from Fashion Bug. I happened to be in one of their stores and tried on their "Right Fit" jeans just to see if maybe they would be long enough. Not. Went home and pulled up on the internet and they had longs. I also ordered their "Right Fit" dress pants in all the colors. They had a special going on when I did my last order. I only paid 16.99 for the jeans and 21.00 for dress pants. I love 'em all and they are good quality.:w00t:

Apples - I am so relieved now that I know you did not lose 96 pounds in 3 months. That is a great loss, but I'd be worried if it was in 3 months! So, Welcome!!

Good information about Fashion Bug. The local store in my town just recently closed, but I will check on-line as the need arises. It's good to know of less expensive clothing available that is still good quality.

Hope you are feeling better soon.

Hello Apples and all!

I too am new to this group. I was rereading your post when it said that you had lost 96 lbs in three months! I was worried also. Glad you clarified that!

I too have been "lurking" for sometime and find this group very warm and so supportive of each other. Refreshing and a soft place to fall when you need to. Welcome! Linda

Apples!!! Good to see you here!! I post here and 50's for the daily support as well since our June is pretty quiet. If we voted, I'd vote you in!! But they let me in, they'll let anyone. ha ha Right now size 6 or 8 aren't even in my radar, I'd be happy with a 12 but maybe one day who knows????

Janet? QVC girl? Guess who used to work for them when she lived in Delaware? It was the most fun job ever. I worked at the studios did events, tours, hosted in the audience when we had live events, and worked in the studio store. And got an amazing discount! It's the only thing I miss about my east coast living experience. AFter having that job I am so picky about what I want to do again. I want my job to be fun. So after 2 yrs I'm still unemployed. LOL

OMG OMG - CAN YOU HEAR ME YELLING YOU WORKED AT QVC!!!

Oh I would love a job there !!!! especially the discount part !!! I am so glad Kathy Levine is back - I have been a QVC girl for like 18-20 yrs... I get my gold from them - braclets & earrings - watch - diamonique - clothes (demin and company was a fat girls best freind)... When I was at the M of A we went to the QVC store - Steph & Me are QVC girls.. And we got Phyl to be one too :0)..

But alas - I have had to curb my spending lately so I haven't been watching like I normally do :)

Janet, just joking about the vote thing. And, I do feel good about myself and I stay positive. I was banded in June but lost over 50# on my six month medically supervised diet. That's what got me to so close to goal so soon after surgery. That's why I stated that I'm almost afraid to say things like what size I now am. I don't want others that had surgery in the last few months to think they are losing too slow, etc.

Being from MN, coats are a necessity. Leather is usually for spring and fall and not heavy enough for winter unless it has a thick lining. It's been so much fun shopping for form fitting clothes instead of black elastic waist pants and baggy tops. You stated you are petite? I am 5'7" but need to special order slacks. I have at least a 34" inseam. I usually order on the internet. Can find exactly what I need.

I'm 5'4 on a good day - really like 5 3.5 but say I am 5'4 - all my pants have to be hemmed if they don't come from the pettei section.. Ya a leather coat is about all we need

This Saturday our office is doing it' annual bowling thing for charity - well this yr it's sports - so we are all suppose to wear football jeresy's - I said HELL NO - I DON'T WANT NO XXL SHRIT - I worked to hard to wear something that would have been tight a yr ago... So I got a childs' jersey and it fits perfet - the days of baggy are long gone for me..

Hello Apples and all!

I too am new to this group. I was rereading your post when it said that you had lost 96 lbs in three months! I was worried also. Glad you clarified that!

I too have been "lurking" for sometime and find this group very warm and so supportive of each other. Refreshing and a soft place to fall when you need to. Welcome! Linda

Linda - How sweet - we are refreshing and a soft place to fall.. :w00t:

I belive we need a spot where we can be ourselves and look for help when it's needed and brag - cry - rant rave... We all understand the emotions that we are going through..

-------------------------------------------------------------------

Ellen - Where are you !!!!

Apples!!! Good to see you here!! I post here and 50's for the daily support as well since our June is pretty quiet. If we voted, I'd vote you in!! But they let me in, they'll let anyone. ha ha Right now size 6 or 8 aren't even in my radar, I'd be happy with a 12 but maybe one day who knows????

Janet? QVC girl? Guess who used to work for them when she lived in Delaware? It was the most fun job ever. I worked at the studios did events, tours, hosted in the audience when we had live events, and worked in the studio store. And got an amazing discount! It's the only thing I miss about my east coast living experience. AFter having that job I am so picky about what I want to do again. I want my job to be fun. So after 2 yrs I'm still unemployed. LOL

OH how fun! I love QVC. My kids have shamed me so much about buying online I hide my qvc bags and boxes. I just unsubscribed to their daily specials. Yes, I guess my buying got a little crazy, but I still love Denim and Co. You know....when you are in the x's it is alot less stressful to home shop.

Whew!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Sorry I worried you all. Happy I could set straight the weight loss thing. I started my "diet" November 22, 2007. I averaged about a 9lb loss/month which is about right. I have been sooooooo careful with each meal to get my nutrients. I have followed my surgeon's orders to a T. I feel absolutely wonderful. Even after going through this surgery two days ago, I have all kinds of energy. Just went out and took a long walk. I do believe that I cut 20 yrs off by losing this weight.

About those Fashion Bug jeans and slacks; they have three fits. Yellow tag, Red tag and blue tag. All depending on body type. They have average and short in the store and tall online. I get the Yellow tag which is straight from waist through hips. I like the fact that the Yellow tag sits below the natural waist. (I am short waisted).

Janet...I would not want to wear a sloppy sports shirt either. I notice now that I cannot stand to wear elastic pants, big shirts, etc. I want to look good every day even when I am just at home. It makes me feel so much better and accountable.

Losing...what a fun job at QVC. I have only ordered there once. Was two months worth of Jenny Craig a couple of years ago. Do you think it worked? Not.

I didn't know QVC did Jenny Craig at one time but I did get a bunch of Nutrisystem when I worked there. Blah the food wasn't good and i didn't lose much. I also liked Denim & Co and liked Sport Savvy for workout type clothes. I got a Jones top once and loved that but don't think they do Jones anymore will have to double check. I am a silver gal and got lots of silver, I love the Indonesian silver, it's similar to John Hardy but a whole lot cheaper, especially with a discount. It was dangerous when I had to work in the jewelry side of the store. I'd try everything on and 'have to have it'. DH is convinced I never earned a salary there as I gave it all back. :w00t:

OH how fun! I love QVC. My kids have shamed me so much about buying online I hide my qvc bags and boxes. I just unsubscribed to their daily specials. Yes, I guess my buying got a little crazy, but I still love Denim and Co. You know....when you are in the x's it is alot less stressful to home shop.

Charlene - Yep I am known for my QVC - I have gotten others at work ordering from them too- Phliosphy Girls ;0) - I loved the denim & company I had tons of their Capri's and bootcut leggings - I wore northing but elastic waist bands... and the had to hit my waist - really higher - I had a big tummy and you know how pants can roll ;0( - I haven't tried sports savy - my problem now is knowing what size to order - but my medium jacket fits - I have a denim & co skirt from clinton kelly - but it's funny denim & co ran large inthe plus sizes but I think they run small in the regular size - the skirt is and 8 - I was an 8 when I ordered it but now am a 6 or 4 and it still fits...

Whew!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Sorry I worried you all. Happy I could set straight the weight loss thing. I started my "diet" November 22, 2007. I averaged about a 9lb loss/month which is about right. I have been sooooooo careful with each meal to get my nutrients. I have followed my surgeon's orders to a T. I feel absolutely wonderful. Even after going through this surgery two days ago, I have all kinds of energy. Just went out and took a long walk. I do believe that I cut 20 yrs off by losing this weight.

About those Fashion Bug jeans and slacks; they have three fits. Yellow tag, Red tag and blue tag. All depending on body type. They have average and short in the store and tall online. I get the Yellow tag which is straight from waist through hips. I like the fact that the Yellow tag sits below the natural waist. (I am short waisted).

Janet...I would not want to wear a sloppy sports shirt either. I notice now that I cannot stand to wear elastic pants, big shirts, etc. I want to look good every day even when I am just at home. It makes me feel so much better and accountable.

Losing...what a fun job at QVC. I have only ordered there once. Was two months worth of Jenny Craig a couple of years ago. Do you think it worked? Not.

I will have to ck out fashion bug I think we have one - how's the quality of their clothing??

Apple how much do you have to lose to get to goal - you don't have a ticker so I cant tell -

At home I will be a little baggy - I still have my house dresses but the are regular size - no more caftans...

I didn't know QVC did Jenny Craig at one time but I did get a bunch of Nutrisystem when I worked there. Blah the food wasn't good and i didn't lose much. I also liked Denim & Co and liked Sport Savvy for workout type clothes. I got a Jones top once and loved that but don't think they do Jones anymore will have to double check. I am a silver gal and got lots of silver, I love the Indonesian silver, it's similar to John Hardy but a whole lot cheaper, especially with a discount. It was dangerous when I had to work in the jewelry side of the store. I'd try everything on and 'have to have it'. DH is convinced I never earned a salary there as I gave it all back. :w00t:

I have some joseph espiso (sp) sliver and some lady - don't remember her name - a beautiful cross... My watch is mixed - but I wear primarily gold - but the cost of that has skyrocketed lately.....

Ok off to watch the debates - this will be interesting.....

Cbl

Thanks Ladies !!! I just didn't look to close at the wrinkles - I figured they were there not a damn thing I can do about them this second - it is what it is and when you compare my before & after - I am very happy

Classy, Sassy, Lady!! You look GREAT!!

That DOES sound like a FUN job! Yeah, Janet & Steph introduced me to QVC at Mall of America! Still don't watch it on TV, but I enjoyed shopping in their store and bought a couple of things including a purse that I really like!

Janet, just joking about the vote thing. And, I do feel good about myself and I stay positive. I was banded in June but lost over 50# on my six month medically supervised diet. That's what got me to so close to goal so soon after surgery. That's why I stated that I'm almost afraid to say things like what size I now am. I don't want others that had surgery in the last few months to think they are losing too slow, etc.

Being from MN, coats are a necessity. Leather is usually for spring and fall and not heavy enough for winter unless it has a thick lining. It's been so much fun shopping for form fitting clothes instead of black elastic waist pants and baggy tops. You stated you are petite? I am 5'7" but need to special order slacks. I have at least a 34" inseam. I usually order on the internet. Can find exactly what I need.

At 5', I don't have that problem~!! In fact, I buy cropped pants and they end up being just the right length usually!!

12_3_49.gif 12_3_51.gif 12_3_54.gif

This Saturday our office is doing it' annual bowling thing for charity - well this yr it's sports - so we are all suppose to wear football jeresy's - I said HELL NO - I DON'T WANT NO XXL SHRIT - I worked to hard to wear something that would have been tight a yr ago... So I got a childs' jersey and it fits perfet - the days of baggy are long gone for me..

That's funny!!

Our granddaughter just started at U of WA. Son watches her school account spending online so he can see where she's at. He knew she was going to buy a football jersey for the first football game so he as expecting to see a $60 charge because he'd seen them at the bookstore when he was there. So he was puzzled when it showed up as $30... then he figured it out... she bought a childs' jersey, too, so it wouldn't be baggy!!

18_1_204.gif

Hi ya all tonight! Welcome to all the newbies at this thread. It is great!!!!OMG JANET! You even lookthinner in the commercial clothing than you did last time. You absolutely look fantastic. Isn't it hard to believe that you look like this now in looking back. I can't imagine looking like that again but I am going to. I went to dinner tonight and had catfish, salad and mixed vegetables. Man it was soooo good. Couldn't eat it all but thats ok. Glad to hear everyone is doing sooo well. On the QVC, I love alot of their stuff, especially their JEWELRY. It is great. I like Robert Lee Morris jewelry and I love alot of their gold. I have never tried their clothes. I tried clothes on today and things are looking better and better. I love winter clothes so my season is just beginning. I love clothes and jewelry and have alot of nice things and can't wait for more tee hee!!!.QVC has really nice silver. I am a TJ MAXX fan big time. They get the coolest stuff in their stores. I also like Artisan made jewelry alot. Janet, I'm with you on the man thing. If something happens to mine, I think I would be content to just be me. I have a great husband though so I am greatful for that. See ya all later

Beckyo:biggrin::tongue:

Janet...My set goal is to lose a total of 100#. I can't really tell where I am at this week. Had 4# left to lose b/4 my surgery on Tuesday but came out of it gaining 7#. My stomach is extremely swollen so think I am holding onto a lot of Water weight because of the surgery. I started at 242#. When I was thin 15 yrs ago, I felt best at about 135#, which I am thinking will be my new goal weight.

I have only bought a couple of things at Fashion Bug besides their jeans and dress slacks. Found a blazer that was cute. They have plus size, misses and juniors.

Bochs...TJMAX is my all time favorite. I can spend hours in that store. The closest is 2.5 hours away. I haven't been there for a few months.

If anything ever happened to my DH, I would never marry again. No one could measure up to what he is. Besides, he worked so hard to get us where we are in life. Making sure my sons get their inheritance, not some second husband

Apples, I am a Minnesota girl, too. Actually born in Kentucky, but raised mostly in MN, north of Duluth. Where are you from? I've been missing the beautiful fall colors along Lake Superior...