Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

I'm here to help...

Question about my 1st fill:

As you know I just got my first fill on Monday. I can really tell a difference. I have great restriction, yet I can tolerate 2 to 4 oz of solid Protein, am full for 2 1/2 - 3 hours, etc. Could I be at my 'spot' already? Or will this too change as I lose more weight and go further down the lap band road? I am loving it right now! And I'm down 2 more pounds since my fill!

Oh and I think I mentioned the gall bladder concerns, I have my ultrasounds scheduled for next Tues.

Question about my 1st fill:

As you know I just got my first fill on Monday. I can really tell a difference. I have great restriction, yet I can tolerate 2 to 4 oz of solid Protein, am full for 2 1/2 - 3 hours, etc. Could I be at my 'spot' already? Or will this too change as I lose more weight and go further down the lap band road? I am loving it right now! And I'm down 2 more pounds since my fill!

Oh and I think I mentioned the gall bladder concerns, I have my ultrasounds scheduled for next Tues.

Yep you can be at your sweet spot on your 1st fill - it's possible

My 1st fill I felt right away but it only lasted for about 2 week - then went in for my 2nd and that one took a week or so to settle in and that one lasted until January when I had like .02 added (tweaked and right now I could use a tweak but my appointment isn't til 7/31 and so I will tough it out til then)

As you lose the fat (which is attached to your organs) the band will loosen and you will have to get it tweaked as needed.

Hows the pain going on the gall bladder issue - mine would always strike in the middle of the night - mine felt like someone had a band around my ribs and was squeezing me... Keep us posted on that...

Gallbladder issues? Is that a side effect of the surgery? I hadn't heard about that.

Thanks Janet. I went to lunch with a fellow Denver LBTer today and she's been banded since Nov. We ordered the same thing and were full at about the same time so I feel like I have good restriction. But will keep in mind that it may change. GUess I'll know when I get hungry again.

My pain isn't real bad it's just like a dull ache. I will be glad when I have the ultrasound and know for sure.

Boos, I am not for sure it's gall bladder yet. But I have a dull ache in that area that goes around to my back so they want to check it out. Not sure if its' a result from the surgery, or just a result of being overweight all this time, losing weight and being the 3f's or 4 fs, can't remember what they call it: female, fat, forty+ Time will tell.

On the gallbladder issue my surgeon told me that nun's usually don't have the problems - it has to do to with having kids :0)....

I found out 20 days before I turned thirty that I had to have mine out and I remember him say the thing about the nun's - I guess it stuck in my mind cuz I have an Aunt who's a nun. Overwieght women who have had children - but I did have a niece who had hers out in her early 20's with no kids - again overweight - there was a big thing in the new when nutrisystem first came out and women who lost weight were having gall bladder problems -

Like I said mine was mostly like in my back - that's what I went to to doc complaining about at first then after being woken up for like 2 weeks in the middle of the night I finally took myself to the hospital - when I explained my syptoms they said it was an ulcer or gallbladder - they pushed on my liver and it was tender.

I had one stone stuck in the duct and my liver was inflamed - I remember thinking heck I am just turning 30 and already falling apart - My 30th birthday was recovering from surgery. What a way to Celebrate your 30th.

Good Morning Ladies

Your mentor is going to brag a little - and yes it is allowable - I think we all need to brag and share our good news - so feel free to brag all you want - you did the work you deserve to brag in my book..

Today is my 1 yr Band Anniversary and my weigh in day too.

Well, this morning the scales gave me a very nice surprise

148 (haven't been in the 140's since my early 20's) and my BMI 25.4

I have lost 102 lbs in 1 yr - I am .4 away from having a normal bmi

See if you do the work - eating healthy and exercise along with proper restriction the band really does work - I can tell you that a year ago I never really believed that I would be where I am today.

Yesterday at the gym the manager said Hi Skinny... My trainer bragged about me to my workout partner about how far I have come in the 4 months working with him and the muscles I have built (they really would show more if it weren't for the saggy skin - but I know that they are there underneath)

Gang - I just want all of you to feel as good as I do - to feel empowered as I do - It feels so good to be rid of 102 lbs - I feel 10 yrs young. I look pretty damn good for a 53 yr old chick (which is icing on the cake cuz I did this for healthy not looks)

CONGRATULATIONS INDIOGIRL!! You have plenty to brag about, girl! I love your posts because a year from now (substitute my date of surgery not yet announced) I will be standing in your shoes. This is very exciting!

That is so awesome, Janet, brag away!!! You are giving me hope, which is turning into belief that I really can do this too. At first I didn't think I would ever reach goal and I just wanted to lose as much as I could and figured anything will help my health. And now here on my 6 week bandiversary I am down 42 lbs (disclaimer of 10 while researching my options of surgery, etc.), If I could be 100 lbs thinner on my one year bandiversary I would be tickled pink. (need to lose a total of 125-135). I so appreciate you still being here and offering your help and support to us!

Janet -

Congratulations! I actually thought about you this morning and remembered this is your one year anniversary. You must be so proud. Since my surgery is Monday (7/21) I keep thinking that if I follow the rules that next year at this time I will be there too.

Since you mentioned sagging skin, do you have a lot of it? Where is it mostly? Does it bother you? And have you thought about any kind of cosmetic surgery?

I probably shouldn't even be thinking about it right now, but it does concern me. Mostly I am looking forward to feeling better and having more energy.

- Kathy

Thanks JoannMarie - Long - Kathy !!!

This really is so doable - it's all about getting your head in the game and making that commitment to yourself - for you. As women we are always taking care of someone else - now is the time to take care of you. It's OK to be selfish - it's OK to want stuff for you.. This is about our health and I think most of you here are in the 50+ range like me (you understand if I can't remember everyones ages :)) so that's what this is all about improving our health and quality of life...

Kathy - Saggy skin - well yep my arms are the worst and what bugs me the most - I live in the Desert 110 average heat index I want to go sleeves and where the summer dresses & tops . My boobs weren't great even when I was obese - I was originally 34 small b - went to 42 D

Tummy & legs not great but not super bad not bikini worthy but with a pair of Spanx and clothes I look good - My thoughts - I am not running around nake clothes cover up most of my issues -

The saggy skin is all about our DNA and how long we have been stretched out (think of a trash bag put a 5 lbs weight in in and then take it out - the bag recovers - then put 50 lbs in a bag - leave it they for years and then take out the weight - the bag doesn't recover)

Yes I am going to look into having my arms done - even with the saggy skin you can see that I do have definition from my workouts - but if the skin wasn't there you would really be able to see the muscles..

I really would consider a body lift - but again $$ and good surgeon need

My face has done quite well - I haven't gotten any more wrinkles than what I already had .. But I do need an eye lift (need this even at 250) ..

So, Yes I will look into fixing at least my arms & eye - I don't like pain - I don't take going under lightly - so those things keep me from aggressively going after it - but I think I am going to call a local doc soon just for a consultation and see cost etc.. I know he does faces but I am not sure about the rest - plus my Doc (lapband) is suppose to give me a name of someone in Beverly Hills and its a female - I personally would prefer a female doctor..

Time will tell - ya I don't like the saggy skin - but I will take it any day over the fat..

Thanks again Ladies - I just want you all to know that this is so doable...

Hugs...

Great Job Janet! You do motivate me!

I have been doing much better at eating with my band! It has been a learning experience. I am sure I have a lot more to learn.

I have set some goals and really ready to do my part in this journey!

I have alredy written about them in the 50's thread so I won't repeat them here.

Enjoy your victory Janet! You earned the bragging rights!

So, what is your next goal? :Banane03:

You are Fit, Fifty and Fabulous! :Banane11:

I am working on becoming Svelte, Sixty and Sexy!:)

I started the liver shrinking diet on June 3rd. I paired that with 1-2 hours a day of exercise. So far, I have lost 9 inches and 16 pounds. I'm a little frustrated in that I was on the diet for that long and only lost 16 lbs. My banding is scheduled for July 30th and I'm very nervous. Also very concerned that I will have slow weight loss with the band as well. Any suggestions or bits of wisdom?

I started the liver shrinking diet on June 3rd. I paired that with 1-2 hours a day of exercise. So far, I have lost 9 inches and 16 pounds. I'm a little frustrated in that I was on the diet for that long and only lost 16 lbs. My banding is scheduled for July 30th and I'm very nervous. Also very concerned that I will have slow weight loss with the band as well. Any suggestions or bits of wisdom?

Hi Muzkluvr,

If I'm figuring right you have lost 16 pounds in about 6 weeks. I think that sounds like a pretty good weight loss in 6 wks. You've been working really hard, obviously, with 1-2 hours of exercise a day. (I thought only movie stars did that - tee-hee) Those of us who are a little older do have concerns about losing slowly because of age and personal history, and you didn't tell us if you fall into that category. I think most doctors and patients like to see 1-2 pounds lost a week and you are doing that well now. I bet you will do great... :thumbdown:

Muszkluvr

JoannMarie is right - 16 lbs in 6 weeks is 2.67 lbs a week - We think that cuz we are eating 1/4 of what we ate before we should be losing 2 bs a day :drool: but it just doesn't work that way - it didn't come on over night it's not going to come off over night - like Joannmarie said 1-2 a week - but I will tell you there were weeks that i only lost 1/2 lb - I was happy with that - if you eat healthy - exercise (which it sounds like you are doing :))it will come off. If you are a slow loser so be it - you still are a loser :thumbup: and this isn't a diet - it's a lifetime lifestyle change

Good luck on your journey - keep us posted

Hope everyone is doing well today! I am GREAT!

I had my second fill yesterday! It was easy and quick and I have good restrction noW! I can only eat a few bites and I am full:biggrin2:

I have walked a lot in the past 2 days. 1.5 miles yesterday and I walked 3 miles :thumbup:to my sister's house this morning (I made her drive me back):scared2: