Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

I'm here to help...

Thanks I will check it out. I'm also learning how to do this web chat. I just realized how far behind I feel. I thought I would have lost my 100 in a year, but my year is up. Yuck! That just confirms that I am not doing something right. I really need to take a look at what I am doing

Indigogirl, I just realized a problem I need to overcome. I have to many diet plans in my head that I really don't know where to start. I just wrote another person about the same thing. I know it means I need to get busy writing things down better so I will be true to myself. By the way, I have requested a new user name: true2self. I wanted to let you know so if I get to use it, you will know it's me.

What is the simplest plan that I start with a menu? Do you have any suggestions?

Thanks I will check it out. I'm also learning how to do this web chat. I just realized how far behind I feel. I thought I would have lost my 100 in a year, but my year is up. Yuck! That just confirms that I am not doing something right. I really need to take a look at what I am doing

Danita

From day I came home from the hospital I have logged my calories - I count calories & Protein grams I got a scale and weighed and measured my food. I have done this for 11 months - the last couple of weeks I haven't (since reaching goal) - but for me it is what worked - I also just weigh in once a week - Thursday mornings (day I got home from the hospital)

I know that alot of pple here say they didn't get banded to diet - I don't think of it as dieting cuz I have just changed my eating to a more healthier way - I eat fish most nights (4 oz) Veggie 1/2 c and rice 1/2 cup if room - but for me I needed to weigh and measure cuz I didn't know what a serving size was - to me 1/2 of a 1/2 gallon of ice cream was a serving - 2 cups Pasta was a serving - 3 tacos for dinner and hour later 1 or 2 more and again in another hour. Plus I was a total slug bug - couch potato

This month I Celebrate another anniversary besides being banded - I elebrate going to the gym for 1 solid year - I have never in my freakin life ever done anything this long.. But again as I am always preaching this is a lifetime lifestyle change.

In March I got a trainer - it's the best $$$ I have every spent... And IMHO I think this is how I got to goal.

I have been very luck - I have not hit one plateau since being banded - I have lost steadily even if it was just 1/2 lbs a week (well honestly I did have one week in early January where I didn't lose or gain stayed the same - but I contribute that to the Cookies that I did indulge in (xmas tradition to make Cookies with GD'S - I allowed myself a few but that was my only indulgence during the holidays)

I gotta say too that my 2nd fill in Oct got me to my sweet spot - the one in January was too tight and had to have all of it except .01 taken out. I think I have 5 cc in my band - I have never really cared how much was in my band - just as long as it worked...

Indigogirl, I just realized a problem I need to overcome. I have to many diet plans in my head that I really don't know where to start. I just wrote another person about the same thing. I know it means I need to get busy writing things down better so I will be true to myself. By the way, I have requested a new user name: true2self. I wanted to let you know so if I get to use it, you will know it's me.

What is the simplest plan that I start with a menu? Do you have any suggestions?

Ok you had me confused for a minute - (easily done sometimes :thumbup:)

you can copy and paste the link for future use...

I really follow a weight watcher type eating plan as I feel that it's the most well balanced and allows for starches - and i need some starches.

Attached is a sample menu - I keep my calories between 800 - 1200 and I vary them - I weight train (since march) 2 x week - and do cardio 2 x week - 3 miles each time - before weight trainer I did only cardio 4-5 days a week in the beginning then slacked to 3-4 -now 99% of the time I am at the gym those 4 days and allow myself 3 days off.

thanks for sending me what you eat. I am glad for the guidance. I wanted to eat my meat, veg, and rice, but I didn't know if I could eat rice. I love rice and Pasta, but I don't eat pasta. I also like stir fry. It is hard to determine how much meat I am getting in stir fry though. by the way, my log in has changed from danita to true2self. I was thinking about that when I was writing to you I realized it was time to be true to myself again. So I am hopefully going to be on track tomorrow and stay on track. I know that does not sound to positive, but the reality of it being a holiday weekend is already a challenge for me. I am ready for my fill on Monday. I know that will help motivate me.

thanks for sending me what you eat. I am glad for the guidance. I wanted to eat my meat, veg, and rice, but I didn't know if I could eat rice. I love rice and Pasta, but I don't eat Pasta. I also like stir fry. It is hard to determine how much meat I am getting in stir fry though. by the way, my log in has changed from danita to true2self. I was thinking about that when I was writing to you I realized it was time to be true to myself again. So I am hopefully going to be on track tomorrow and stay on track. I know that does not sound to positive, but the reality of it being a holiday weekend is already a challenge for me. I am ready for my fill on Monday. I know that will help motivate me.

True - Yep I was going to say take hope out and insert will.. :thumbup:

I eat 1/2 cup of rice measured and that's it - I can eat just about anything - I am luck that way...

Do your best this weekend - be smart about what you put in your mouth and think before you eat - that's a start..

Happy 4th

Your right....I need to make one choice at a time. I need to say will, but I have to be honest, my will feels really weak. I am like you though, I can eat anything even when I have my fill to where it needs to be. I just don't eat as much. I have been blessed that way. I have a friend who does not have that ability. She has struggled somewhat since surgery.

I am going to work on my attitude and will make good choices tomorrow and eat small portions. It will help me prepare for my fill. I am so thankful for a support system. I know this has got to help me do better.

do you chat?

Can't say I have ever been in the chat room once I think - I think too many conversations going on - Plus I am up and down from the computer - I will ck to see if anyone has posted to my threads and the go back to tv or what ever I am doing - like tonite - I have been watching shows I taped and then come and ck when I get bored - I really need to go to the store but don't want to go out in the heat 110 and it's 7:30 at night:eek: but I need some veggie... may just make do with the frozen stuff - but I wants zuchinee...

Question? When you eat, do you feel any restriction or do you just stop eating bc you know you had enough?

Yes I have restriction but I can't say I always stop when I have had enough - I fix 4 oz fish 1/2 cup veggie and 1/2 cup rice

(last couple days have cut out the rice - cuz I was in vegas last weekend and had some wine and crackers & cheese - so gotta take those 2 lbs off right away)

I will eat until it's all gone - but should have stopped 3/4 the way thru - I still have a problem especially with dinner at stopping - I am no longer hungry physically and am full - but my head still wants to eat - I pb'd on spinach a couple of days ago cuz I just had to have one more bite. And to feed that head hunger I eat the 100 cal snack pack of popcorn as it's a real slider food for me.. but I can feed the hunger without the calories..

Also, I think I could use a tweak cuz I am not staying full as long as i use to - but I am talking .01 tweak

I know what you mean about not stopping. That is one of the biggest problems I am having right now, but I really think it is because I need a fill more than I won't stop. Before I got this open, I was able to eat enough to be satisfied and stop. It made me feel good to stop at smaller portions. I would want a snack sometime later, but I tried to do what you do and eat things with low cals. Now I think it is a mind thing more than anything. I know I can eat more so I do. I also know I can stretch the limits some and I have done that. Epically when it tastes good or I am feeling lonely. I am going through a lot of changes right now. I need a part time job while I finish getting my college degree, my son is struggling in his life, and our finances are a little crazy. A lot of pressures going on, but I am doing pretty good for the most part.

How long have you been a mentor? Yes, subject change because I know it will all work out.

I am off to a great start today and I wanted to let you know. I am writing down what I eat, exercised, and feel a new motivation to start again. So thank u for your support.

I would like to be a mentor, do you have to sign up in a program or just support those on this website? I have already been encouraging others and I really believe it is helping me.

Have a great 4th! I know you are busy!!

I know what you mean about not stopping. That is one of the biggest problems I am having right now, but I really think it is because I need a fill more than I won't stop. Before I got this open, I was able to eat enough to be satisfied and stop. It made me feel good to stop at smaller portions. I would want a snack sometime later, but I tried to do what you do and eat things with low cals. Now I think it is a mind thing more than anything. I know I can eat more so I do. I also know I can stretch the limits some and I have done that. Epically when it tastes good or I am feeling lonely. I am going through a lot of changes right now. I need a part time job while I finish getting my college degree, my son is struggling in his life, and our finances are a little crazy. A lot of pressures going on, but I am doing pretty good for the most part.

How long have you been a mentor? Yes, subject change because I know it will all work out.

You are going to college - that's great - DH & Kids ya I know what you mean - I don't have a dh anymore - which is totally fine with me - I feel that it's time for me I am sick of taking care of everyone else... My son is grown (and has had his struggles) and I have my 17 GS who lives with me - but knock wood he hasn't cause me any real headache..

Mentor - Well Alex (owner of LBT) started this new thread and I just happen to be the first to start the 1st thread within the thread (i think the 1st thread that was started by Alex will tell you what to do). So all you have to do is go above to lap band buddies / mentors (new) and start a new thread offering your help.

[quote=true2self;908046]I am off to a great start today and I wanted to let you know. I am writing down what I eat, exercised, and feel a new motivation to start again. So thank u for your support.

I would like to be a mentor, do you have to sign up in a program or just support those on this website? I have already been encouraging others and I really believe it is helping me.

Have a great 4th! I know you are busy!![/quote]

Congratulations !!!! I am so happy for you !!! Yes once you get back in to the swing of things it will really re-motivate you and sometime a little competitiveness is a good thing - I challenge myself all the time.

Since I am off today - I went to the gym this morning (I usually take Thurs/Fri/Sun off from the gym) I did 3.5 miles in 55 minutes without holding on and incline up to 10 at 3.5 mph - I was sweating like a pig but felt really good about my work out - came home got in the pool to cool off and realized I can't float any more :thumbup:- funny how something as silly as not being able to float can give you motivation... Just knowing that my body now has more muscle than fat is a great NSV and proof that all my exercise has been worth it - (with the saggy skin issues my muscles do show some but not as much if i didn't have all this loose skin - but who cares underneath there are muscle)

Well off to the shower - gotta get errands done before it gets any hotter

8_14_12.gif

sig.jsp?pc=ZSzeb095&pp=ZKxdm005YYUS