Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

I'm here to help...

Michaele...forgot to comment on your foster to adopt program. That is sooooo exciting and something so positive to look forward to. We had a young man working for us during harvest this fall that chose the program. He needed to take a few days off because THEY DID THE ADOPTION. I've never seen such a smiley face every time he talked about his son. They took the baby in as a foster right after his birth and they were able to do the adoption at 18 months.

I hope this is something that you and your DH will be able to do and that it happens for you soon. Hugs

Oh...and if you want to practice some parenting skills....I have a moody 27 yr old you can practice on!

Edited by Apples2

Thank you everyone for such a warm welcome!

So I am going to call my lb dr on Monday to make an appt. Should I get totally unfilled and start over? Not sure.

As for my daily foods. I do not keep a journal, do not know how, never did in my life, even as a girl with a diary.

I normally do not eat until around 2 p.m., coffee in the a.m. and I do try to eat sometimes, but it just usually comes back up.

Nightime is my worst, I am starved by than. I do tend to eat "sliders" often.

Lately I have noticed I am not eating any fruits or veggies, just meat and a starch. And lots of chocolate. Uh, yeah, bad!!!! lol....

I guess I am at my breaking point emotionally. Oh, forgot to mention in my intro, I also have Muscular Dystrophy. I am still mobile, can walk, but am weak. So exercise comes very hard, and I have no motivation.

Maybe today is my turn around time. I bought the biggest loser nutritional scale. you can actually weigh and track your daily foods, with all the nutritional stuff too. Today, I think I have done pretty good so far.

BF: bowl of kashi go lean crisp Cereal with 1% milk

coffee with coffee mate almond creme, 2 splendas

Snack: Soy strawberry yogurt (lactose intolerant)

From what the scale says, I am at around 230 calories.

I guess I need to validate every day of what I am eating.

Michaele...Yes, being accountable every day is the best way ever to stay on track. And, if you are limited (sorry about your MD) on physically activity, it's important to keep close track as to what goes in your mouth.

As far as an unfill goes...most likely not necessary to get a complete unfill. When you go for your appt., talk to your LB doc about what has been going on with your eating routine and symptoms after and take his recommendation. Maybe a slight unfill (.5 cc) will take care of the problem. Go back to the basics, baby your band for a few days doing shakes and mushies to see if it can take care of the irritation you have going on. Once you irritate things in there, it will continue if you continue to over fill and eat b/4 bedtime.

If you are having food sitting in your esophogus and having it come up, that could be due strictly to eating too close to bedtime.

Our fearless leader (Janet) has a plan that she posts or sends to ppl that ask for help. Janet?????????

Also, Micheale...there are ways to stay within your daily food intake limits and have the foods you crave. You stated that you are eating mostly meat and chocolates. It's a very good habit to have a meal and get your protien in and then veggies/fruit if your pouch allows. If during the day you require a snack and it is withing the caloric intake amount, have a half of a Atkins Protein bar. The chocolate Peanut Butter ones have 1gr sugar and 18 gr Protein and are 240 cals. A couple of bites could be just the thing you need to satisfy those cravings.

But, if you are totally off the wall with eating carbs, a good plan is to really watch the amount of carbs you are getting. A good example (what my doc requires during the weightloss stage) is less than 40gr per day.

Cleansing your body of the carbs will take care of all those cravings. Tough while you are doing it but once you do, you will start to crave healthier foods.

Good morning everyone!

I was wondering if I can join your group? I have been trying to find a group that is open and supportive, that I can be supportive with too! And from the looks of it, you ladies are it!

A little bit about myself:

Had LAP-BAND® done September 2008, husband was deployed to Iraq at the time. First nine months went perfect! I was on target, losing weight (40 pounds) and focused on taking care of myself. Hubby came home, and my focus left me and went on him. We had been infertile for 10 years, so started with an infertility dr. Shots, shots and more shots, failed IUI and 2 dncs later found me with a uterus filled with pre-cancerous cells. Had to be put on a medication for 3 months to fix the situation, which it did, but also put 20 pounds on me (come to find out the med was used for anorexics to gain weight).

Did another round of shots and another IUI, early miscarriage.

So no more insurance money to do infertility, that part of my life is over. We have been on an adoption list for 3 years, and am now working with the state to do a foster to adopt program.

I have nothing left in me, no focus, drive, or even happiness. I did lose 9 of the 20 pounds. I feel horrible, every day I have horrendous heartburn, almost completely filled, I vomit almost every day if not more.

How do I come back? I feel like such a failure!

If this is too intense for you, please let me know and I will find someplace else.

Thank you for listening!

Welcome NJ! Please Don't give up! I was banded in 2008 and lost 55lbs. I got discouraged in 2009, but I went to a weight loss management that my dr offered. I lost another 34lb. From my personal experience is to get with a dietitian or counselor that specializing in weight loss surgery patients. You may need to first go to your surgeon and get a slight unfill. It sounds like you are too filled. Then ask him about a weight management. I went on Protein shakes for three months. Decide what would be best for you, but you definitely need a plan. My son gained all his weight back after a year....he had lap band. Now he is going to Quick weight loss center and his weight is coming back off. He weighs every week. We are happy to be your online support. Ask away! Most of us are seasoned banders. Janet is the sheriff (thread starter-mentor), and we are her posse.

Eva, yep the carb monster haunts me everyday, but I am gonna fight! I will get some Jerky. I know people that make it.

I went to Walmart and got all the stuff for my Samaritan's Purse shoe box......all done. Some toddler somewhere will be thrilled. Dora! Dora! Dora! that is what I bought along with coloring book, crayons, socks, dora brush and comb.

Apples, I am sure Atlanta is a nightmare too. I am good as long as I know where I am going. Thank God I stopped having those panic attacks. I know many people in the country towns around here that absolutely will not drive in Houston.....especially on the freeways.

Okay.......back to doing some chores. i was supposed to babysit while my DH went to his 20th class reunion, but the whole family is sick. So I have a kid free day. YAY! I can use it.

Arlene...I am like you...don't have a problem driving through anything as long as I know where I am going. Edna (our GPS) is my friend. DH gets so worked up when going through big cities so I do most of the driving...even if I'm hauling equipment of a trailer.

I am having flashbacks of driving 80 thru Chicgo with our first ever tiling machine on a trailer. DH had his hands covering his eyes, feet braced on dash of truck and I think he was talking to God.

Ummmm....going thru downtown Atlanta during rush hour with a nervous DH and nervous dog in the passenger seat:scared2: measures right up there!

I'd like to nominate Boston during rush hour as well for the worst traffic ever. DH & I flew in there once in the morning rush and rented a car to drive north to Maine. Oh my. The lane markers are just 'suggestions' as are red lights and oh the medians? those are meant as passing lanes. We were so totally freaked out.

Just got back from the Walmart Vision center (one of the few places that takes our insurance). Only DH was going to go and had an appt, we pay monthly for eye insurance. So our premiums thus far for the year have been over $100 guess what we saved on glasses and exam? $82. Something wrong with this picture? So we are going to cancel the eye insurance for next year and just up our HSA deductions, so while there I thought I might as well get an exam as well thinking I didn't really need one. Guess what? I have a hemorage (sp) on the back of my eye by the optic nerve, he called it a 'dot' one meaning very small. I need to get rechecked in 2 mos to see if it has reabsorbed. Totally freaking me out. Any of you nurses know much about this? The eye doc said the first things they are concerned with is diabetes and blood sugars. Those are excellent as I just had my physical a couple months ago. So I ordered some new readers as well.

Laura or Phyl, do I need to be super concerned about this 'dot hemorage that you know of?

Michaele, welcome! I agree with the others, sounds like you are too filled. Reflux and vomitting aren't good. And when we are too full we eat sliders and the wrong foods and more often than not gain weight instead of losing it. At first when we get our bands we think we need super restriction to lose well, but too much is as bad as not enough, we need to find our 'sweet spot'. So sad to read of your infertility problems. My DD was told she couldn't have kids or would have a very difficult time, she just got married in March and decided then that the didn't need to worry about birth control and guess what? She's expecting in March. We are so very thrilled. My point is we never know what's in store for us and I pray that the foster to adopt works well for you.

Apples, my cousin in MSP said it was snowing bad there. We look like snow but so far none. So glad to hear DS got a job and accepted into the program. Is everything good between you and him now? I know it was a tough go there for a bit.

Phyl, your beading looks beautiful on F/B. Hope your pain issues are helped by the shot.

Eva, sounds like you are settling into your new schedule. Where is it again that you are driving to? I remember a long road trip but can't remember where. We are driving to Denver for Turkey Day, having grown up with a Dad in the airlines and now DH, I don't do road trips often so am apprehensive about this one in the winter. That and i-80 across Wyoming is just so darn scenic.

Arlene, sounds like you are getting your mojo back. I've allowed some carbs to creep in too so I will think of you and watch my carbs as well.

Great..heard on the local radio station about an hour ago that our university (located 15 miles from here ) cancelled their football game today that was to be played down by Mpls. 11.5 inches of snow this morning there. We are getting a very light snow right now and the last report said to expect 4-5 inches.

As far as your question on DS...we can usually talk things out and I'm his "go to" person in the family. A few little bumps in the road when I call him on going over the boundries on certain things but all in all, our relationship is a good one now.

Almost forgot, Janet & Arlene, I know you are QVC shoppers I got the Special Value today the Bare Escentuals make up kit. Got 3 of them, one for me, one for DD and one for DS's girlfriend. But darn it all, DD gave me DSIL's number to use as once a year he gets a discount through his employer and I couldn't get it to work. Of course, couldn't call him and ask as he's on a cruise ship so had to pay full price.

Almost forgot, Janet & Arlene, I know you are QVC shoppers I got the Special Value today the Bare Escentuals make up kit. Got 3 of them, one for me, one for DD and one for DS's girlfriend. But darn it all, DD gave me DSIL's number to use as once a year he gets a discount through his employer and I couldn't get it to work. Of course, couldn't call him and ask as he's on a cruise ship so had to pay full price.

Got it! I also got a grey crossbody bag from B. makowsky. I have found that if I have a crossbody bag I can shop and not worry about leaving it anywhere. I left my purse in a Walgreeen's before Vegas. Fortunately. I remembered it five minutes later .....went back and it was still there. It was early in the morning or I feel sure it would have been gone. I have been freaked about losing my bag ever since.

That is a good idea about getting the makeup for DD. I think I will go back and get her some.

DH is cooking a pot of Navy Beans. I know carbs, but they are good carbs. I have done real well today. 400 calories so far.....walked two miles.

Good morning everyone!

I was wondering if I can join your group? I have been trying to find a group that is open and supportive, that I can be supportive with too! And from the looks of it, you ladies are it!

A little bit about myself:

Had LAP-BAND® done September 2008, husband was deployed to Iraq at the time. First nine months went perfect! I was on target, losing weight (40 pounds) and focused on taking care of myself. Hubby came home, and my focus left me and went on him. We had been infertile for 10 years, so started with an infertility dr. Shots, shots and more shots, failed IUI and 2 dncs later found me with a uterus filled with pre-cancerous cells. Had to be put on a medication for 3 months to fix the situation, which it did, but also put 20 pounds on me (come to find out the med was used for anorexics to gain weight).

Did another round of shots and another IUI, early miscarriage.

So no more insurance money to do infertility, that part of my life is over. We have been on an adoption list for 3 years, and am now working with the state to do a foster to adopt program.

I have nothing left in me, no focus, drive, or even happiness. I did lose 9 of the 20 pounds. I feel horrible, every day I have horrendous heartburn, almost completely filled, I vomit almost every day if not more.

How do I come back? I feel like such a failure!

If this is too intense for you, please let me know and I will find someplace else.

Thank you for listening!

Wow! You've really been through a lot, including the Muscular Distrophy. Hope you're receiving counseling. We can help you with the food and band advice and we'll certainly listen and be there for you. But you sound to me like you need support on the spot. No shame in doing what you need to do to get healthy.

Cheri

Hi Cheri,

yes, I am in counseling, been for years. Believe me, I have come a long way. Unfortunately, this is just how my life is, never easy.

Today, I did real well, registered everything I ate in the scale and was at 1300 calories. And just a little bit of reflux that was treated with zantac. So far so good and no vomiting!

Tomorrow is a new day and I hope I can go on like this!

Hi friends, I'm still hanging around but sure feel awful.... I'm so frustrated with feeling bad all the time... Tried to call my LB doc today, but he wasn't on call so got the one who did my abscess surgery.... He was no help..... My new NP is in Aruba..... So, I called the sweetest NP I know.....(the one in Florida!!!!!) and we talked quite a while.... She gave me lots of ideas and some assurances that I'm not on my death bed...... Thanks Laura, it means so much that you care and share your talents with us.....

NJ, I'm a soldier's wife, too..... Mine is now retired after 38 years...... He started with a tour in Viet Nam and ended with OIF II in Iraq from 12-03 to 2-05.... Was quite an experience for people our age...... So glad your husband came home safe..... I too lost a lot of weight while he was gone (just on my own) but when he got back I went back to old habits and put it all on again.... I had my LB 8-08..... I've lost just over 100 pounds with about 80 left to go, but have had major health issues that have put me into maintenance stage for over a year... I'm glad to me maintaining, but along with being sickly now, I fear that I won't be able to get back to losing..... Also, my daughter has had serious female problems and was told she would need medical assistance to conceive.... Surprise.......... got pregnant with guy she just met who turned out to be a nightmare..... So I have a 3 1/2 year old granddaughter.. Here doctor was just amazed that she conceived..... A while back DD finally met someone nice and they fell in love... He has a little one, too... almost the same circumstance so no marraige.... She will be 3 in December.... DD and DF just got married a few weeks ago.... Guess what???? They are already pregnant........... Another shock....... So, the point is, that almost anything can happen if you don't give up hope.... If you are meant to be a mother, you will be... I wish for you that it be very soon.... And keep coming back here ...... this is a wonderful place to find acceptance, support, compassion, tough love, and just the best bunch of friends you can imagine..... Welcome

Apples, I love you, too, and every one else, too...... Glad to hear about DS getting a plan going that keeps him around.... I'm sure you are relieved....

My meds are kicking in, thank goodness, so maybe I can finish this tonight....

Eva, what a beautiful card you sent.... thank you for it and the little memento...... I'm just not very crafty... I do crochet and really want to get sweaters made for Mimi and Bailey for Christmas......But gotta feel better than I do now.... and of course, if this new baby is a boy I'll have lots to do.... I'm not used to blue.....

Jessica, don't like that your son got involved in what the doc said.... but otherwise, you know if you want to keep seeing him or if you need someone knew... I've had my share of counseling and you really need to be able to trust the person you are spilling your guts to...... As for your new avatar..... how cute.... you've gone from very blonde to very dark... what is your natural color??? Take care...

Lori, hope you enjoy your weekend at home.... I know this isn't the ideal situation for you, but you are luckier than others in your situation as you can up and fly where ever you choose quiete easily...... It's a great benefit to lonliness or boredom.... Have fun with you Ho Ho Ho's.....

Pyhll, hope that shot helps you.... they didn't help me at all...... I envy you your Water aerobics..... but oh well.... Maybe one day I can do them again....

Laura K, sorry your friend bailed on you.... What did you decide to do instead???? I haven't been feeling up to doing anything much these days at all.... Yesterday after the doc and dentist for DH, we did go shopping for a van for DD and DSIL..... They have 3 vehicles and none of them will handle a family with 3 children in car seats..... We found a nice 2005 Ford Freestar that meets the need...... Poor DSIL hit a deer on his way home from work last night with the car they are trading in.... However, it didn't turn out too bad.. Will cost us about $250 extra over the quoted price.....

Arlene, girl you definitley get the prize for giving it you all.... wish things worked out better for you... You are getting good advice from these gals and I'm sure you will be on track again soon....

I didn't take any notes this time, so I know I've left some out...... sorry.... I gotta go get some ice on my shoulder.....I'm praying for a peaceful night.... Haven't had many lately..... Take care everyone... Hugs and prayers to all.......... Julie

Hi everyone,

So So Sorry....its been such a busy week and any spare time has been at the gym so forgive me please for not posting in a week with all the meetings I had after work every night except Tuesday as well.....Im tired!! lol

I need someone to recap for me because I cannot sit here and read a weeks posts....ill kill myself lol

I do however want and need to hear how everyone is though so would appreciate some recapping....if someone would be ever so kind......

Ive gone to the gym every day this week!!! Yea.. Ive tried several new classes and OMG do I hurt. I decided that there is at least one class I really enjoy per day that is either arobic, conditioning or strengthening. SO...ive tried to figure that twice a week I can do weights....twice cardio arobics and once abs workout. I think this is a good plan for me....I dont love the damn tred and doing it alone. So far people have been really nice. The instructors are very knowledgable and "real". They really try to help so i dont feel helpless or a failure! This is the bestest.

I was at my support group on Thursday evening and we talked about Thanksgiving....and how important it is to make a plan.....cause as we know if we fail to plan we plan to fail.

Id like to take some time in the next week and see how people plan on dealing with the upcoming celebrations and tips about what we can do to avoid the pit falls of the foods that are going to be so readily available.

I will start tomorrow...lol cause its so darn late but do have some that were mentioned.....lets start here as well......

I also have something to post about the ten commandments of the holiday time for bandsters...will copy and post that as well...with some yummy healthy alternative recipes.< /span>

I did do this this week as well....and this ill say now...

There are several aplications for those who have blackberrys that track food, diet, fitness etc

I found one for free called "Sparkpeaple Tracker". You start with entering your present weight....your goal weight...then you can logg everyday every thing you eat....it calculates all the cal, carbs, fats and Proteins for you. Then you enter what exercise youve done....then you enter how much Water youve drunk during the day.....as you make your entried it tells you how many cal youve eaten, how much exercise youve done to counter the calories and then it tells you..how much you need to do more of something or less of something to reach your goal for that day.....

I like it as I dont have to think and calculate everything all day...and carry around a journal. It saves everything and tells you by what date..you will get to goal if you follow and track everything and do as follows...I checked several apps and this is the only one that also tracks water....and computes all and lets you know how much more excersize you need...more water or more food etc....

Check it out....

anyways...must go to sleep

Am meeting a producer tomorrow morning about a project Jeff is putting together in LV. Been busy with that as well and if that works out.....hmmmm Vegas here I come!!! lol

Hope everyone is well and is having a good weekend...

is there a new east coaster from NJ here??? I skimmed and saw something I think....Welcome to the newbys!!!

Jodi

I would have to nominate I80-94 from I65 in Indiana to where It splits into the Illinois Tollway West and 394 (Bishop Ford Freeway) to Chicago North. It's better now because they've added so many lanes and improved the exit and entrance ramps. However, this stretch of highway has the highest truck traffic in the United States. Almost all traffic entering the Chicago area from the Eastern and Southeastern half of the United States goes down that highway. It's called the Borman Expressway. When you look in your rear view mirror and see 4 lanes of truck lights behind you, its pretty scary. Fifth lane is cars only. Used to be only 3 lanes, trucks in every lane. My kids were all raised driving on that expressway before the extra two lanes were added. Once they'd mastered that, I felt like they could safely drive the Indy 500.