Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

I'm here to help...

Well I am getting to that age..............

Nope you do look just as skinny and beautiful.

Cute boys too.

Laurak

You know what is really sad, LauraK? The day of our wedding I felt like my waist was way too big for that style of dress. I weighed 119lbs (about what I weigh now). I am waaaaaaaaaaaay more excepting of me now than I was at the age of 24. Scewed body image.

LMAO!!!!! Remember a couple of days ago Laura and I were complaining about all the food ads on LBT???? Well, I knew all I needed to do was go to my browser and block ads but I didn't.

There has not been ONE food ad since but now all I get is ads with photos of really cute BOOTS. I have a real boot weakness and these ads are way more enticing than any of the food ads. I am heading to my browser right now.

Apples, those photos are wonderful. I've been going through photos too and found one of DH from the early years....my he looked so young, oh and so do I. 31 years is quite an accomplishment. HAPPY ANNIVERSARY! Hope you have a very special evening.

Chris, glad to see Janet didn't scare you off. Hope your shoulder heals quickly. Clearing all the stuff you shouldn't eat out of the house is a tough one, but replace it with healthy band-friendly stuff so you don't feel totally deprived. I think sometimes the thought of "I can't eat that ever again" triggers feelings of loss and frustration which causes over eating (at least for me) so I try to compensate with a substitute like Apples SF Jello.

Phyl, sorry I confused Zoey's name with Chloe....brain fart. Yep, it's getting cool finally. Glad the retail therapy has helped a little. A weekly excursion is very helpful. You do need a little time to yourself or with girl friends. I don't know what I'm going to do when DH is home all day every day. Hopefully, that won't happen for a while.

Janet, you are inspiring me again. I started food journaling today. I have been ignoring my food issues completely, but it has to start sometime and today is the day. I have kept to my walking schedule and walked yesterday. I'm not doing marathon walking because it hurts my back, but I am walking over 30 minutes and going every other day. I will increase or add other exercise a little at a time. Now, just to get the food under control, I should be good to go.

Laura, it's nice your son has the capacity to bring you joy. As far as the bad mood, yeah, spilled coffee, cat PB and litter box issues....I get that. Saturday, when I got home from Phoenix, DH says, "I think your cat PB'd on my bed." Sure enough....yuck...so off come the sheets and mattress pad and into the washer.

LauraK, Scottish meatballs, how interesting. I'm going to have to look that recipe up. The empanada's I made had hard boiled eggs in them too...seems to be a trend here.

Linda, it's good to hear from you. You do sound too busy. I bet your computer is infected. Try running an anti-spy wear program. There are some free ones that are easy to use and clean out your temporary internet files.

Charlene, happy birthday to your DD. Congrats on the 1/2 pound. Those men....you love them, but they can mess up a routine can't they?

Great, have a good visit with Grandma. So where does your company fly? You could use all the destinations the airline goes to as your next goal. I'm sure DH would love that!

Well I got my office most done. I still need to go through some more drawers and need to reorganize my stamps, but for the most part, everything is cleaned and put away. I like the new arrangement a lot better and I have my "U" shaped desk arrangement again. I've already started making cards again. Need to get started on Christmas ones if I want to get them done in time. They'll probably be pretty simple ones, but they'll be handmade again.

Today I have to go to the library and to visit a friend. That is my main goal. Still don't have any work so I'm going to enjoy the free time.

Kelly, I don't know if I said welcome to the thread...but welcome. So are you going to go to school full time next semester? That is so cool. I think I'm going to take a couple of classes but haven't signed up yet. Guess I'll look at that today. You are doing very well with your weight loss. Good job.

Eva

Eva...good going on your recomittment to food journaling and your plan. When the hunger hits and it is not time to eat...stamp a card.

Thanks for the photo comments. It's so fun to get old photo albums out and go thru them. My favorite of all the wedding photos is one of DH with the biggist smile as I was walking down the aisle.

Banana bread made and in the oven. Back to my plate painting.

Apples - Happy Anniversary ;0) - What a beautiful bride you were :0) still beautiful now !!!

Laura - WTG on throwing that cookie away !!!! So freaking proud of you !!! Yep I am always on your shoulder - you just need to listen more often ;0) but glad I get thru now and then :0)

Eva - Girl - Yep ya need to get that food in order - I know you think it's about mostly just about moderation - but it's has alot to do w/food choices - How is your restriction - do you think a trip to Mexico is in order - it's been a while since you had a fill..

You know I am really big on the diary issue - I find it keeps us on tract - it's not that hard - I carried a little 3x3 note book with me - got to work it when by my phone - got home it went on the side table where I watch t.v. - ..

Walking is good - it's moving - I did it for the 1st 8 months it's how I got most of all my weight off - the last 30 came off w/ walking and weights - and I keep it off with weights and classes - but modify some so due to knees not always acting right - I don't want to injure them - think it's mostly a little arthritis ;0) it hell getting old..

food Plan for the day

BF - Greek Yogurt & Granola

lunch chicken Soup

dinner - Fish and acorn squash

snack - I have a red pear on my desk - I love red pears - then my usual tonite popcorn & WW Fudgesicles -

I do have 190 cal pb cheese crackers at my desk - may munch on them a couple this morning and then a couple this afternoon..

Charlene - 1/2 lbs each week adds up over a year - 4 lbs a month = 48 lbs in a years time - I had many weeks where I lost 1/2 lbs - I just averaged my weight loss - it helps keep you motivated on the big picture..

Topic today - What did you do to no cave to craving..

LBT - shooting my mouth off :thumbup:) It's why I have like 8200 post - I have more than some of the moderators ;0) - I would cruse the site - giving Indiogirl advice ;0)

FB - Farming

Weekend - Shopping ;0)

But most of all I didn't (still don't) keep trigger foods in the house - and if by chance they made there way there or if I am over eating even sf stuff or something I thought I could control and couldn't - IN THE TRASH IT GOES - BETTER IN THEE THAN IN ME ;0)

LauraK...empandas, savory. I made meat ones and veggie ones. The meat ones were made with ground beef (I grind it and there is very little fat), onions, green olives, potatoes and then I made a lite veggie gravy to moisten it and put it in basic pie dough like a pasty or a calzone and baked it. The veggie ones were onions, leeks, portabella mushrooms, sherry, and some herbs with the light gravy. We had empanadas in Argentina and I wanted to try and make them. The Argentinian ones were either baked or fried, but I try not to fry things, so it worked pretty well with baking.

Thanks Apples, I will stamp a card....or drink more Water. I was somewhat lacking yesterday and will make up for that today.

ee

Eva, they sound good. But I haven't eaten hardly any bread items, and have had problems with potatoes.

My co-worker makes them with pumpkin. Had them way back when I shoveled everything into my mouth. lol

Laura K

Janet...thanks for anniversary wishes. DH wanted to know if I wanted to go out for dinner. Nope...can't see him dragging his butt home like he did last night, driving 15 miles and making it through dinner. He had the shovel in his hand all day and will today and just can't make him go out. And, thinking of myself also...don't want to have dinner with a man that's asleep. Been there, done that. So, I bought some lobster and will cook.

I love your last sentence....think we should make that our thread motto.

Also, I love it when you share your daily food plan. I just think it makes it easier for ppl to visualize and campare to what they are eating. And, you are on maintenance so it gives an idea of how to handle maintence once they get there. Thanks for that.

Apples - Lobster at home sounds better than a restaurant - cheaper and you don't have to get dressed up ;0)..

I learned that saying in WW - it has always stuck with me and it stops me from buying the same thing over and over again cuz I don't want to waste the $$ buy throwing it in the trash - but I remember throwing away Peanut Butter a lot in the beginning - and some sf Cookies - cuz I would eat more than 4 - so in the trash they went..

I eat the same way I did 3 yrs ago - Ya I may have a little more butter spray or oil on my fish - I will bread my fish w/cornmeal now a days - where as in the beginning I only put non calorie items on it - cajun seasoning - El pato tomatoe sauce..

But I have never counted my butter - oils - (cuz I don't use that much) etc - I just count my main ingredeants - I wasn't ever that religous about my calories - I most likely under estimate them - and if I was super viligent - I would have to add about 150 -200 cal for the little things - I usually round up - 25 / 50 - like veggie - I say 50 - they could be more or less ie spinach vs butternut squash.. - but I count them all they same - the only diff is if I have butternut squash - I most likely won't have a starch w/my meal.

I am not eating as much starch w/my dinner as I use to - I have more starchy veggies lately - and rely on my popcorn for my starch fix - and I do put alot of butter spray on it ;0)

I have some sort of treat every single nite and have since day one - SF Dark Choc puddings - SF WW fudgesciles - and usually had 2 of them - but again I budgeted my calories for them..

Morning Everyone!

My stew turned out really good! My secret was I poured some left over merlot in, ohhhhh what a flavor.

Apples2 I am a cowgirl and I have a boot fetish also ( I just love them, not just cowgirl boots, but dress up boots, guy boots, uggs, rain, snow, any kind of boot). I also get quite jiggy over purses, only I find them in thrift stores...Coach, Fossil, Louis Vutton, American West....I guess you could say I have quit the eye to recognize or spot them. Usually they cost under a dollar. One time I found 2 Louis Vetton bags in one week and they were 50 cents each! O.K. Enough bragging:rolleyes:.

Well this morning I had left overs from the two previous nights, so I will try to walk twice today. Also snack on celery, and dill pickles to compensate for the heavy Breakfast. Then I will have a salad and stew again tonight for dinner. Thats my plan and I'm sticken to it:wink:.

I also plan on washing my moms car for her, you know when you live in the country there is only about 10 minutes after you wash your car that it is actually clean, but the next morning you can see the dust on it:mad:! Oh well, thats life in the country.

Well I'll be talking to everyone soon.

~Kelly~:thumbup:

Kelly...I have made consignment shopping one of my hobbies since being banded. I am sure if you do it also, you are aware of some of the exclusive brands a person can find sometimes for little money. I stopped into our little one in town while I was there yesterday and found a brand new Gallery black quilted winter jacket. It is really exactly the style I like to wear with jeans. I also found a a royal blue plaid Jones NY wool jacket. My favorite color. I love the "thrill of the hunt" and don't mind taking the time to search and go through many items to find a good deal.

Hopefully, you will get a better restriction with your next fill. How much can/do you eat at a meal...a cup????

Eva, they sound good. But I haven't eaten hardly any bread items, and have had problems with potatoes.

My co-worker makes them with pumpkin. Had them way back when I shoveled everything into my mouth. lol

Laura K

Most of the empanadas around here are of Mexican origin and are pineapple or pumpkin....sweet. The ones we had in Argentina were savory...mostly beef. I won't make them on a regular basis...this was for Friday Night Social Club...which usually has some sort of theme. The potatoes were cut up very small. I never did get putting starch in starch, but that's what the recipe called for.

Just planted my lettuce bed with a variety of lettuce and spinach. I have to cover everything with chicken wire to keep the quail and other birds out...so hopefully, I'll have a crop of something here soon. I planted kale in there last week and it's just starting to come up.

Had to move the baby tortoises in last night (I have a little terrarium for them) because it got down in the low 40's. Yes, it's cooling off here.

Eva,

I wondered how the tortises were doing. I haven't heard you mention them in a while.

How great you can plant veggies now. We are getting very cold and the snow will start soon. yuk

Yes this lady that made them is mexican, and she is a great cook.

Apples and Kelly, I love resale shops. That's my hunting season. I can hunt for hours.

Laurak