Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

I'm here to help...

Yup, Arlene, those pecan bars are great.... My dad used to just love them...... Wish he was still here to make them for him, but he died 14 years ago.... so you see, it's an old recipe...... Have fun with that new baby... caught myself thinking of newborns the other day.. I've been so consumed with my pain and the wedding plans and such that the baby on the way hasn't had much of my attention yet.... There is just something about those little ones that just squirm and squeak..... they smell so darn good..... enjoy......

Lori, have a nice supper with DH... I hate it when things get left unsettled before parting even for the day..... Hope you have both put it away now.... Making up can be fun, I hear!!!!!

Karen, we heard about all the rain near you... some friends were to Iowa this past week and said when they came home through MN the rain was torrential...... Always stops things in their tracks..... I don't do mani's and pedi's either.... Once each I believe.... I have done massages but just in the last year trying to help this pain... anyone coming to Vegas good at neck rubs???? I could use a good one......

Lori, will I be able to bring hot and cold packs on the plane??? My favorite hot pack is homemade and filled with wheat..... and also, do our rooms have microwaves and refridgerators?????? It will affect what I pack for my pain aids.......

Pam, good to hear from you...

Later, girls................. Julie

Wow! y'all have been busy on the thread today. I went to church in our new 1000 seat auditorium. I think there were about 800 there. We went from 10,000 sq feet to 100,000 sq feet. It was so nice to have so much room.

Well, gang, I met my future DIL today. She is a doll. She has an accent as thick as mine, but she is from Arkansas. She is a pilot in the Air Force......stationed here in Houston. She said the good thing about being in the Air Force Reserve is they fly her to her duty station. She doesn't have to live there. Right now she is stationed here working at the U of Houston. I told her she was an answer to many prayers.....she just grinned. DS has had many girlfriends in the last four years, but this one is different. She is a keeper. I don't know when they will marry. They are going to meet her parents next weekend. I asked them to come to Vegas with me and get married. We could have all gone to a wedding. lol I think they will get married soon.

Julie, I was going to take a carry-on, but I am gonna lift it and if it is too heavy, I will check it. My DS said he helps ladies on all his flights. You just have to ask the one who smiles at you. My DS said I really should leave a few gray hairs in my head so i can show my age. I said " what about all these wrinkles". lol.

Linda, gym today! woohoo for you!!! Can't wait to meet you. Do you text? I don't want to text girls that are limited on their phones. I know first hand how it can really run up the bill.

Okay peeps, gotta go walk. Then tomorrow I get to babysit my sweet Bethany Marie. Sydney is having her first dental appointment. HUGS Y'all!!!!

Yeah, everyone has been so busy I can't keep up!! I guess we are all excited about next weekend!!

Your future DIL sounds like a sweetheart. Wedding in Vegas would be great fun!! If they won't do it maybe we can crash someone else's!! LOL... How about an Elvis wedding??? I can bring my Elvis shirt from our 7's reunion last year!!

Yes... someone will always offer to help with bags. Practice your helpless look!! HAHAHA!!

I text, Janet does not, Karen does, Eva does, I think Julie does. That's all I know. You have #s, right??

I know you girls are a good support system...I rely on you all for a lot of things at different times. Don't know what I would do without you.

Arlene...good going on walking off those bars. I can't count how many I tried last night at the benefit. There were so many different kinds made by the local church ladies. So good.

Congrats on the "almost" DIL. My oldest has a gem for a GF and an added benefit of two kids. Girl 8 and boy 5. My DS loves kids and gets right in there and plays with them. Running around the house with lasers. He is always sending me photos of his friend's babies when he is with them.

Partied with DS and GF last night after the benefit. There was a band at our local bar and grill. Packed house. DS got up and sang with the band. Had three drinks (woohoo...I'm pretty cheap when it comes to drinks....doesn't take much and the three were over the course of 5 hours....made for more uninhibited dancing) and kids gave me a ride home. My Caddy is still sitting in town waiting for me to pick her up. Was nice to let loose, dance and visit. DH went home early and was fine with me staying. Got home a couple hours after him and found he had locked all the doors. Had to wake him up to let me in....funny.

Accents.....most ppl say we have an accent like the actors in the movie Fargo.

Phyll...funny Big A$$ Fan story. Good way to loosen up the congregation.

Julie doesn't text. Not sure about Cheri. I am missing having my texting thumb. Still to tender and slows me down. Stupid me....gotta slow down some.

Too bad I'm not travelling with some of you guys concerned about stowing luggage. I get to check 2 bags for free. I would have certainly shared that benefit. I like to check my bags cuz I like the freedom of running around the airport without it. I always have at least enough time for one meal at the airport b/4 I fly and don't like to have to "tend" it while I eat and do my daily crosswords.

I'm getting excited. This trip seemed far off for so long and a few short days it will be here and we will all meet. Fun!

Julie and Lori should becoming GM's about the same time. I love that baby smell too, Julie. I get in on a lot of babies up at the lake. I send momma fishing with daddy and get my baby fix.

Good Morning Ladies :biggrin: When are you all leaving on your Vegas trip? Wishing you a safe trip and take lots of pics so I can see since I can't make it this year. Hopefully next year I can meet all of you sweet ladies face to face. Have a wonderful time..............Pj

Would have been nice if you could have joined us, Pam. Next time!

I got at least One Bar worked off! lol

Apples, when my DS came over today he wanted to know if i made your Cherry Nut Cake.....he loved it! I am gonna make it one more time before jakob does it.

Julie, my dad will be gone 14yrs tomorrow. I try to remember all the good stuff about him. One very good thing about him......he never talked about people, Oh, and he loved, loved, loved his mama. My mother always told him that he loved his mother more than her. I don't think so, but it was close. Isn't weird how food is so related to our memories. My grandmother always had a pecan, lemon, and coconut pie made and sitting on the buffet when we would visit. Pecan was my favorite, lemon for my sister, and coconut for my dad. Pecan is still my favorite.

Lori, time to turn on the charm and get it all smoothed out before Vegas.

Phyl, I am gonna text to test out the #'s. I may have to borrow that Elvis shirt if they do an Elvis wedding. Oh, My DS would kill me!!! Yeah, I would like to see one of those. My oldest DS got married in Vegas and we ate at the Venetian overlooking the canal. It was so nice. I like Vegas Weddings! Small and lots to do after the wedding.

Eva, What day are you retiring? Thursday?

All is well with DH, I knew it would be but it just hung over me all weekend and just added to the perfect storm of my breakdown on Friday night.

Okay so what is a pecan bar?

Apples, sounds like a fun night, you need to let lose and enjoy after the summer you've had. DH was hunting with his brother and I heard some talk of a S. Dakota trip again. DH's just isn't sure he wants to make the drive from Utah, we about double the drive and he would want to drive vs flying.

PJ, come visit us more often!!

Melissa, hope you get your band issues resolved soon.

See when Apples gets back we have 2 pages in 10 minutes ;0)

Charlene - glad you like your future DIL.. That's important..

I text - but it does cost me not much but I don't text enought to pay the $5 for unlimited texting - and I don't have texting phone - I have to spell out on regular phone keyboard and it takes forever ;0) so I'm good for short notes :0) - But since Phyl's my co-pilot - text her ;0) I charged my bluetooth and syniced my phone to it.. I've had this phone for 1 yr - and never syniced my phone to my bluetooth - that's how much I use my phone :0) - plus it's like 10 min from my house to work..

Yep just look helpless - it's good to be a woman sometimes..

Apple's glad you had fun last night - sounds like you need it..

We all do... I told my gf after gym (she's also my supervisor) that we shouldn't make account changes till next week - I have too much to do this week and I'm gone on Friday - so I think she agreed..

Well watched Detroit 187 - now going to watch Grey's antomny ;0) CBL

Just working towards page #1000 and watching Desparate Housewives.

Arlene...pecan pie is my favorite also and think that it was the cause of at least 75#s of my weight gain. My grandmother was the best cook and baker. She baked every day. She was our neighbor and always had fresh baked good when the 8 of us kids came home from school. Glad your son liked the cake.

Lori...glad things are resolve with DH.

Janet....the work change next week sounds like a good plan. Less stress during a busy week.

Pecan Pie, I just had my first piece ever at Bunko the other night. She had several kinds of pie and I had never had pecan before so had a sliver. YUM! I was probably better off not knowing how good it was. LOL

Pecan Pie, I just had my first piece ever at Bunko the other night. She had several kinds of pie and I had never had pecan before so had a sliver. YUM! I was probably better off not knowing how good it was. LOL

A sliver isn't bad....one average sized slice has about 800 cals. And, I used to always have to have it ala mode. Makes me cringe to think of the mindless eating I used to do.

I have been going thru some photos while watching TV. Just so shocking to look at these photos and the not so gradual weight gain from year to year:crying:

A sliver isn't bad....one average sized slice has about 800 cals. And, I used to always have to have it ala mode. Makes me cringe to think of the mindless eating I used to do.

I have been going thru some photos while watching TV. Just so shocking to look at these photos and the not so gradual weight gain from year to year:crying:

Yeah, all my overeating was and still is mindless. I am a graze-aholic( new word). Girl, you got to admit, pecan pie is worth eating once or twice a year. Hey, you ought to eat it everyday. That would be an easy 1000 calories. Right before bed....then it wouldn't burn off of you.

Well, I did not like the bars I made today. Too much chocolate. Or sweet stuff is just too sweet now.

Too funny about the partying. I wish I had your caddy. I love those things. Also, your comment about Fargo. "You Betcha". Is that how you say it, or do I have the wrong state? lol

Gotta go to bed......Ambien kicking in.......Later!

Oh, Linda, Phyl, and Joyce.....I text you.....Let me know if you got it. Thanks!!!

Good morning sunshines~

Wow, a lot of catching up to do! Busy beavers you were this weekend! Finally finished reading. Love hearing about the LV plans. (still sad I can't come)... but am holding someone to their promise to call/skype!

This weekend was half busy/half restful. DH and I decided to do halfsie/halfsie with Nels since out sitter fizzled out on us. I took Sat and he Sun. Me and my GF, Marissa took our boys to WannaDo City in Ft. Lauderdale, FL. OMW... what fun! It's 80 miles (but straight turnpike, so it's quick).

Wannado City - Videos

Click on the link- it's hard to explain. It's like a children's museum of a REAL city. but they basically get to "act" out different professions. There's a firehouse and truck and they go put out a real fire. The ambulance picks up REAL patients, there's an OR and nursery. Bank where you cash your paycheck (each job you do- you earn money that you can use on snow cones, Cookies, or toys) Magic show, jewelry store, newspaper, police station, HUGE airplane, animal hospital, candy store, salon, pizza place, carnival with rides..etc. They had so much fun and laughed so hard. We were exhausted by the end of the day and everyone slept well. Sunday I slept in (had a restless menopausal night)- DH too Nels to movie, lunch and toy store. Then in afternoon we played outside (I got some sun), we waited on icecream truck, and then Nels swam. Hi of 89 today, so it's still swim time here.

Just got the boy to the bus and now time to do all my chores that I let go this weekend. : ) My Dad is doing ok. Only issue now is he may be bleeding in the GI somewhere. He's on coumadin for the DVT he had a couple months ago- now having dark stools. Told him he needed to go see GI doc again. DH leaves in 2 weeks. I am already starting to get sad. I hate goodbyes.

I will write more later- glad everyone had a good weekend. I am having a sudden craving for pecan pie and dancing!!!

peasout... LAura

Good Morning Gang...

I don't think I ever had pecan pie ;0) -

Mindless eating - can't say I mindlessly eat - but will still want to eat when bored.. Thing is now adays - I don't have all the junk in the house to eat when that happens - I eat popcorn..

Well hopefully this week won't be too bad - take it one day at a time..