Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

I'm here to help...

Julie - how exciting, another grandchild. Congrats. Sorry it didn't work out to meet up with Karen.

Eva - thanks for the kind words. Way to go on the walking.

Wish I could remember all I read and comment to everyone, but, sadly I can't. Just enjoy sharing in your lives and having all of you as friends.

There sure is a rash of Grandbabies here! Congrats Julie, and bummer it didn't work out to meet up with Karen. Best of luck at mayo is it tomorrow or Tuesday??

Well DH is in his Tebow jersey watching his Broncos play, he's in heaven. He's very happy they play early today as he has to leave for airport at 3 actually we have to leave. I am taking him today so when I go on Wed. I can park the car in the parking garage and use his card and when we get home on Friday we just have one car at the airport.

Am enjoying the cooler fall weather. Hope it lasts a long time, I love this time of year, spring and fall are my favorites.

Julie, congratulations on being a GM again. As Great said, there are a rash of grandbabies. I'm happy for all of you! You'll get to see Karen in three weeks. Time is flying by.

Did my aero pilates today and feel pretty good. Back/foot bothering me, but it is what it is.

I feel like Janet, not motivated today and we might be going out for dinner. Sort of didn't want to be committed to anything today, but DH wants to go, so I guess we will.

We went to a friend's photography show last night. It was a benefit for Haitian relief (medical supplies, our friend is a NP and has lived in Haiti for years). I think she did very well. We went out to the tapas restaurant afterwards and caught 3 seconds of the flamenco show. We're going to try and see the entire show one of these days. The food was great. We had a vegetable stew dish that was delicious. It's great to be able to order little plates and everything is available in little plates except the paella.

Guess I'll go be not motivated somewhere else. Have a great Sunday everyone.

Eva

Julie - Congrats on another grandbaby

Okay so can I just say since my tubal in August I have had the worse Period ever. I pretty much have had cramps everyday they might go away for a day or two then back OMG it is like my body wants to make up for the 5 yrs I didn't have one since I had the IUD.

It makes me want to sleep and lay around but I can't I have to find a job and take care of the house.

Good Afternoon Gang! Not much going on here. Speaking of ADD.....my 36 year old (ADD) is supposed to bring his new girlfriend over, but we haven't heard from him. I think he hits and misses on his medication too. Today, must be a miss......or just FOOTBALL!!! I will have to text him and find out what is up.

Julie, Congrats on the new grandbaby coming. I hope when they test your nerves on Tuesday they will get some answers. One of the ladies in my weight loss class had her nerves in her shoulder tested and they nailed the problem. Therapy and medication seemed to work for her, but she is young.

Janet and Eva, I am not doing much today either. I did try another choolate cookie recipe with white pepper. I like it better than the cayenne pepper. It should be easy for Jakob to make. Now, to try the cherry nut cake from Apples, and the pecan pie bars from Julie. Don't worry, I only ate one cookie and skipped lunch . Oh, and I am walking this eve.

Lori, I don't want to hear you are enjoying fall weather.....it is still summer down here....Boo! It is getting dark at 7:30p so I have started walking earlier. Where are you going this week? Hawaii? How sad.....it must be a real pain to fly to paradise.......lol.

One day, laura, .......I guess we share the ADD thing with our sons. My son started taking medication at 34. He always takes it when he is working. One time he decided to quit it. He had a Migraine for a week. The doctor scolded him .......said to never just quit the medication. Lesson Learned.

Joyce........you are not the long stranger on remembering the posts......me too! Have a great day!

Laura.......where are you? How is Nels?

Arlene, I am leaving on Wed to meet DH in New Orleans to go to a dinner with him and then driving with him to Jackson Mississippi the next day. Looking forward to it, I've never been to either state. And, if you remember from my posts over a year ago, I have this Quest to get to all 50 states, I have 4 left and these are 2 of them! WOOHOO!!

Julie, congrats on becoming a GM again. Wow two in one year. (Bailey) Hope mayo finds the problem this time, as I say Good JuJu coming your way and to Mayo.

I walked over to my Moms today, about 3 miles. I am not getting in as many miles but I am walking on my lunch still and getting some in at night.

Well Ya'll warned me. Heart break city again. I think the brain tumor is causing more problems then anything. Told him he can only call me as a friend now and don't tell me you love me. I need to move on and let that all go. I can't fix the world for him. Trying to get back into the swing of things around here, I read every day but don't respond always. Sorry.

LauraK

Laura K, so sorry. It stinks having your emotions jacked up and around all over the place. Sick people (whether physically or emotionally or both) make us feel crazy. Go for the sanity.

Us granma's gotta stick together.

gotta go

Cheri

There sure is a rash of Grandbabies here! Congrats Julie, and bummer it didn't work out to meet up with Karen. Best of luck at mayo is it tomorrow or Tuesday??

Well DH is in his Tebow jersey watching his Broncos play, he's in heaven. He's very happy they play early today as he has to leave for airport at 3 actually we have to leave. I am taking him today so when I go on Wed. I can park the car in the parking garage and use his card and when we get home on Friday we just have one car at the airport.

Am enjoying the cooler fall weather. Hope it lasts a long time, I love this time of year, spring and fall are my favorites.

What's fall :0) well I guess my winter is your fall ;0) - I think today got to 100 - suppose to be 65 tonite - it's coming but not here yet for us in the desert... I love spring and fall too - cooler weather - no a/c - $400 bill for last month - but now that Andrew is gone - we will see how much it goes down - I know my Water and gas bill will see the most reduction - he took hr long HOT showers.. and put the dryer on arid dry he never used the temp function (it will turn off when clothes are dry)

Julie, congratulations on being a GM again. As Great said, there are a rash of grandbabies. I'm happy for all of you! You'll get to see Karen in three weeks. Time is flying by.

Did my aero pilates today and feel pretty good. Back/foot bothering me, but it is what it is.

I feel like Janet, not motivated today and we might be going out for dinner. Sort of didn't want to be committed to anything today, but DH wants to go, so I guess we will.

We went to a friend's photography show last night. It was a benefit for Haitian relief (medical supplies, our friend is a NP and has lived in Haiti for years). I think she did very well. We went out to the tapas restaurant afterwards and caught 3 seconds of the flamenco show. We're going to try and see the entire show one of these days. The food was great. We had a vegetable stew dish that was delicious. It's great to be able to order little plates and everything is available in little plates except the paella.

Guess I'll go be not motivated somewhere else. Have a great Sunday everyone.

Eva

Didn't do crap today - but eat - watch t.v - read - nap - farm & frontier ville - FB

Oh did 3 loads of wash (small)

food - 1 egg 2 small slices of bacon it shrunk to nothing - hash browns 1/3 of a red potato - chick thigh and quesdilla and popcorn - and I havent had dinner :0) which will be chick thigh and 1/2 sweet tato or maybe just veggied..

Saw pic of Phyl and DGS - he must take after his mom (blond) cuz Steve has dark hair - Cute pic's !!!

But hell - I love days like today - it helps recharge the batteries..

Julie - Congrats on another grandbaby

Okay so can I just say since my tubal in August I have had the worse Period ever. I pretty much have had cramps everyday they might go away for a day or two then back OMG it is like my body wants to make up for the 5 yrs I didn't have one since I had the IUD.

It makes me want to sleep and lay around but I can't I have to find a job and take care of the house.

Hugs Melissa - My iud made me have terrible cramps - thank God that part of my live is over and I don't miss it one bit - Hugs

Good Afternoon Gang! Not much going on here. Speaking of ADD.....my 36 year old (ADD) is supposed to bring his new girlfriend over, but we haven't heard from him. I think he hits and misses on his medication too. Today, must be a miss......or just FOOTBALL!!! I will have to text him and find out what is up.

Julie, Congrats on the new grandbaby coming. I hope when they test your nerves on Tuesday they will get some answers. One of the ladies in my weight loss class had her nerves in her shoulder tested and they nailed the problem. Therapy and medication seemed to work for her, but she is young.

Janet and Eva, I am not doing much today either. I did try another choolate cookie recipe with white pepper. I like it better than the cayenne pepper. It should be easy for Jakob to make. Now, to try the cherry nut cake from Apples, and the pecan pie bars from Julie. Don't worry, I only ate one cookie and skipped lunch . Oh, and I am walking this eve.

Lori, I don't want to hear you are enjoying fall weather.....it is still summer down here....Boo! It is getting dark at 7:30p so I have started walking earlier. Where are you going this week? Hawaii? How sad.....it must be a real pain to fly to paradise.......lol.

One day, laura, .......I guess we share the ADD thing with our sons. My son started taking medication at 34. He always takes it when he is working. One time he decided to quit it. He had a Migraine for a week. The doctor scolded him .......said to never just quit the medication. Lesson Learned.

Joyce........you are not the long stranger on remembering the posts......me too! Have a great day!

Laura.......where are you? How is Nels?

Charlene - you are stronger than me - Cookies - well sweets period are bad - if they were in the house I would be eating them - especially days like today ;0)

Arlene, I am leaving on Wed to meet DH in New Orleans to go to a dinner with him and then driving with him to Jackson Mississippi the next day. Looking forward to it, I've never been to either state. And, if you remember from my posts over a year ago, I have this Quest to get to all 50 states, I have 4 left and these are 2 of them! WOOHOO!!

Yes I remember - Oh I want to go to New Orleans !!!! I want to eat real Creole Cajun food...

Julie, congrats on becoming a GM again. Wow two in one year. (Bailey) Hope Mayo finds the problem this time, as I say Good JuJu coming your way and to Mayo.

I walked over to my Moms today, about 3 miles. I am not getting in as many miles but I am walking on my lunch still and getting some in at night.

Well Ya'll warned me. Heart break city again. I think the brain tumor is causing more problems then anything. Told him he can only call me as a friend now and don't tell me you love me. I need to move on and let that all go. I can't fix the world for him. Trying to get back into the swing of things around here, I read every day but don't respond always. Sorry.

LauraK

LauraK - Hugs GF... I wish it had worked for you... What's his prognosis - is this tumor terminal - Well he was a jerk before the tumor - and he's still a jerk - so let it go.. I know it's hard - hell it's the reason I don't even want to get involved period - don't want the heart ach.. Hugs

Linda - How's Katie doing today..

Well gang - need to get off the computer and get ready for work tomorrow - talk to you all in the morning..

Julie - hope you got some rest today..

Laura - where are you

Joyce - I crs either - that's why I quote so much ;0)

Gwen - are you back in the real world yet.. or are you still walking around like you are on ship ;0)

Hey guys,

Sorry for the MIA this weekend without a warning. : ) If you are on FB you saw that I was busy busy! DH was on call, Fri, sat and Sun. Those weekends really kick my butt b/c have to keep up with Nelson 100% of the time and if we are home and DH is asleep, then it takes 10x the work to keep him quiet in the house. I know- 6 yr old and quiet should never be in the same sentence..LOL. Thurs was beach, Friday he had school then we swam and rode bikes. Sat had a playdate with a 5 yr old boy (who has ADD or something- that day WORE me out)- met at Cracker Barrel for bf and then putt putt and then swimming and playing outside. Sunday- cleaned/talked on phone- then to hospital to see Daddy (after Nels didn't see him for 3 days). Homework, play and then sleep. That's the synopsis. No gym but LOTS of walking in 100 degree heat!!!

Love you all, let me get the little one on the bus and will comment to all. xoxo Laura

OK... Continuing on.

Bus was LATE again. I wouldn't care if we had a covered shelter or if the bus came in front of our house- but it stops at the stop sign 1/3 mile away next to two vacant lots near the river. Think HOT, HUMID and BUGS. So 4 minutes late and the kids are all begging to be driven to school. BTW, not sure if you have these in other parts of the country(* No-see-ums are tiny biting flies that often live near Water. You often see many of themnosee1.gifswarming together in a cloud. Keep your mouth shut or you might breathe some in or swallow them! (It won’t hurt you, but it will probably make you cough.) Biting midges are called no-see-ums because they’re so tiny that it is hard to see ‘um. No-see-ums are less than ¼ of an inch long.)

So, That was the bus drama.

Today I have to go to occupational health and finish up my pre-employment screening. PPD reading, lab results, etc. All my other stuff is in. (ACLS card, FL ARNP license, etc...), Now they are ordering my Rx stamp, monogrammed labcoat, etc. I guess next week I will be official! Tomorrow is orientation. They make us go to the hospital wide orientation and then the clinic one. I have one new dilemma- CLOTHES! I can't wear scrubs (which I have ALWAYS done for work). They require dressy casual. I always wore clogs (some comfy-good for your feet) made in Sweden or Germany kind. Also a no no. They want your foot front and back completely covered and no sports shoes. SIGH. I have big/wide feet and that's why I live in Florida b/c you don't have to own shoes that cover every part of your foot! So, shoe shopping is on the itinerary today. Wish me luck.

Let me try to remember what's going on with everyone:

Julie~ Oh hon, I am sorry the mayo consults didn't reveal an answer to your pain. As Eva and others have said- if it was an easy answer, your local drs would have figured it out. Hang in there. HUGS. Oh.... congrats on the new DGD!! wonderful news. : )

Janet~Glad you had a day to recharge the batteries. If anyone needs it/deserves it...YOU DO! : ) Nels wanted to check our farm and was upset that everything had died. Then after we planted he wanted to fly the biplane- I would die before I use really money for a game and shut FB off..LOL. I lost my ummmppphhh for FV.

Jessica~I am sorry you are having trouble with Jake at school. I agree with the others, that MUCH more evaluation needs to take place. I never think it's a good idea to just place a kid on medicine without a definitive diagnosis. He needs a thorough psycho-educational evaluation by a licensed pediatric neuro-psychologist. When Nelson was having some challenges in Kindergarten we had him tested. It put a lot of our fears to rest. His IQ was actually gifted. He did not have ADHD like one of his teachers thought. He was in the wrong environment for him. He needed a more structured environment. Montessori was NOT for him. He is not a self motivated kid- he likes someone to let him know what is expected of him and WHEN. He is thriving in the 1st grade in public school. Hugs with all that. It is time consuming and scary and you have a lot on your plate with your school too.

Great~Have fun in NO. LOVE that part of the country. food and people are yummy. Southern hospitality. Enjoy.

Eva~ You go girl! WTG on the walking! Glad you and DH are doing it together. It makes it so much better an enjoyable! I am waiting for the weather to get cooler here so I can finally get DH out of the AC!

Karen~Hope you are enjoying the lake and healing well.

LauraK~ hugs on the heartbreak city. We would never tell you I told you so- just unconditional love here. : ) Hang in there.

I know there is more... but I need to go get dressed. Will CBL peeps.

peasout...Laura

Just checking in! Still on the road and don't always have internet, so trying desparately to keep up with all the posts.

We are now in OK, near OKC. Got here yesterday and had a nice visit w/ grandson, Cody whom we haven't seen in about 4 years. His other grandma drove him down and we took them to dinner. He had a great time playing with our puppy.... playing catch outside. Wore Zoey out! Cody is 10 yrs old. He's a sweet boy, but some behavioral and emotional problems. Our son and his former girlfriend have created some "abandonment" issues for Cody. He cried when he had to leave last night.. Wanted to spend the night with us, but... school today, and we're cramped here in the RV with all our STUFF for the winter. It's a difficult situation. Grandma said maybe he could spend some time with us next summer... but, honestly, I'm not sure we can handle him. Pouts big time every time he is told "no" about anything.

Well, enough of that. We lived in OKC area about 15 years, so we have lots of visiting to do the next few days. So... off and running NOW!

Dear Friends........................ We're off to see the wizard........................I'm hoping to receive a new lease on life........ I'll try to be in touch when I can...... Love and hugs to everyone.......... Julie

Once again, I have travel envy. But, I have been to New Orleans. I want to go to all the states too, but I have a lot more to go than you......lots more. Gee what an ambition for retirement.

Julie, congrats on becoming a GM again. Wow two in one year. (Bailey) Hope mayo finds the problem this time, as I say Good JuJu coming your way and to Mayo.

LauraK

So sorry about the heartbreak, but you can't fix others. You can be supportive and loving, be there for them, but you just can't fix their problems...either emotional or physical. I'm so sorry it didn't work out but you need to take care of yourself.

Phyl, glad you are having a good trip. You going to be able to stop by on your way through?

Janet, I get it with the air conditioning bill. Ours has been running $300/month for the last 2 months. We are on swamp right now, but it's supposed to get hotter and more humid again, so we'll see how long that lasts.

Laura, wow you are just crazy busy. Enjoy your new job!! Keen's make shoes with wide toe boxes but they are ugly shoes. If you don't mind ugly, they sure are comfortable. No one will be looking at your feet anyway, they'll just be looking at your beautiful face.

Arlene, good for you and only 1 cookie. Don't think I would be that good.

Okay, off to work....14 working days....then 3 weeks of traveling, then true vacation. Yipee!!

Eva

OK... Continuing on.

Bus was LATE again. I wouldn't care if we had a covered shelter or if the bus came in front of our house- but it stops at the stop sign 1/3 mile away next to two vacant lots near the river. Think HOT, HUMID and BUGS. So 4 minutes late and the kids are all begging to be driven to school. BTW, not sure if you have these in other parts of the country(* No-see-ums are tiny biting flies that often live near Water. You often see many of themswarming together in a cloud. Keep your mouth shut or you might breathe some in or swallow them! (It won’t hurt you, but it will probably make you cough.) Biting midges are called no-see-ums because they’re so tiny that it is hard to see ‘um. No-see-ums are less than ¼ of an inch long.)

So, That was the bus drama.

peasout...Laura

Laura - I know all about those bugs since my husband is an exterminator. Heck I can't tell you how many bugs he brings home to show my son and then give them to a friend who collects bugs. Have you ever seen a writing spider? images?q=tbn:ANd9GcR6-JrHzQf2lBEt5-jVKMf9cmTJtXdbtXEDtL2dKMOx-GJx6xE&t=1&usg=__N-rzlNMaliXvnqSNp59BkH1lUd0=

They are harmless and they do not go in your house. They just like to sit in there web (they are know for the zig zag pattern in there web, they do this to make they look bigger to there enemies) and catch things. I only ask because you should see them around since it is the season for them. My husband will not kill them becuase they eat other bugs. So he proceeded to bring home several and place them all around my house. Which is kinds cool but this is the only spider I will not squish cause I don't like the others.

Okay my Nurses on the board. I am going to the Dr today because I have had severe lower right pain in my pelvic groin area. Started Friay with bloating and belly button hard to touch and then I also have my monthly. Then Sat more bloating and Nausea and heating pad on my back and front. Sun. nausea, worse pain and really could not sleep last night up till 3am then feel asleep woke up at 8 dripping in sweat.

I think it is Appendicitis however because I had then new tubal thing almost a month ago I thought it was that. I don't have a fever (I hardly ever run one when I am sick) But I can't stand up straight.

I have an appt at one with my OB Dr since they have internal ultrasound an other xrays so i will keep you guys posted.