Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

I'm here to help...

Charlene - She is a BEAUTIFUL baby - Truly !!!!!

I have used retin A - it never really did much for me - but I have tough skin I think.. I got a couple spots but no too bad..

Great - Ya I think your batteries are shot - heck it's time to put in new batteries anyway (time changes soon).

Once I had to go to the store at midnite to get batteries cuz mine wouldn't shut up..

Hi Everybody,

You are the most wonderful people in the world. I needed to hear what everyone had written!!!! My Higher Power was truly at work through all of you.

I appreciate your honesty.

I was feeling like a failure because I am not losing weight as fast as I thought. I am lucky if I lose a half pound a week following the food plan strictly and exercising to the best of my ability.

It was also validated to me on this cruise that if we had more money we might have less problems with food. All my food was prepared and served to me as I requested. Each day my emergency Proteins were delivered to my room. That is the life.

I am so happy you are all here, that our numbers have increased via DGC (Darling Grand Children), that everyone in one way or another is on the road to recovery or getting diagnosed.

As a dear friend of mine would say - I am so happy that I am peeing bubbles. Hope I did not offend any one.

Have to get back to a normal routine - washing clothing, shopping for food, etc.

Love ya all for all of your individual and wonderful ways, but most of all for your honesty.

Gwen

Thanks ladies for the boost to get off my rear. Yes, I do exercise. Yes, I do eat Protein - lots of it, just not meat. I eat Siggi's Icelandic yogurt (you otta try it! Super high in Protein, very low in sugar - made with agave nectar) and all organic. It's found at Whole Foods Markets or look at their website for local stores. Anway, cottage cheese - fat free aint too bad once you get used to it! Prevention magazine has a great Super smoothie receipe in the September issue for days you don't feel like eating - although it's very high in carbs. I used the siggi's yogurt instead of greek.

I feel better today - went and had a great workout of cardio and weights and then ate very healthy. Yes, let's be real here - beer and chips are the old way of eating. Thanks so much for supporting me!

Oh, no I'm not too tight. I'm actually able to eat the foods I'm supposed to eat like veggies and fruit. It's like being a vegetarian so I don't miss the meat much.

Yeah, it's the chips - really it is. And I need to be honest here as you all know - if I don't buy it - it's not in the house! Hello! Big surprise there huh!

Thanks so much for letting me vent. It's so great to be able to come here and get the support I need from friends who truly understand this whole food thing.

Have a super great weekend everyone and thanks again!

Good evening, just checking it to see if anyone heard from Julie today.

Arlene, that new Grandbaby is gorgeous, can't wait to meet mine.

Gwen, welcome back. What cruise were you on? We were on Norwegian out of Barcelona in May.

DH came home and said he had bad news today. I thought oh-oh but then he grinned. He has to go back to Hawaii next month! Poor guy, can't let him go alone. LOL

Arlene,

Your grandbaby is adorable. She looks like she's smiling. My son Tim was already smiling at me in the hospital. That kid smiled from the day he was born. He had huge dimples and everytime you talked to him he grinned. He also grinned when my mom's dog barked and if the wind blew in his face. His grin is his entree to society and makes everyone his friend.

My daughter's having one of her breakdowns. She had her hair cut at a cheap place and they totally ruined it. It took her a couple years to grow it out and it was beautiful.

And she's havin all her friends over next week using a jewelry party as an excuse. She's lost weight, toned up, and grown out her beautiful hair, and now she's in tears.

I think she feels like her marriage is in trouble, also, and she's stuck home with two little boys, one of whom has very high needs and is coming home from kindergarten stressed out and angry.

She can feel herself slipping into depression but doesn't like how she feels on anti-depressants.

My mother keeps doing stupid things on her computer and asking everyone to help her but my husband who knows her computer and worked as a help desk for computers and fixes it regularly (cleans out all the stuff she clicks on and overclicks on), so when she finally does call him its more messed up than ever. This time, she kept calling my daughter, who thought it might be a virus, so she had her download Norton during a 2 and a half hour phone conversation. However, Norton is a resource hog and monopolizes the machine and the memory, so while it was still downloading she clicked 23 times on her g-mail and crashed her computer. So Ken is still over there now fixing everything she messed up. She clicks on all these things that interest her, not realizing she's clogging up the memory.

Lord, relatives are fun.

I hope Julie brought along a record of all her surgeries on her abdomen. I know there are nerves that go straight up to the neck and shoulders and cause severe pain there because I've had that pain more than once since my lapband. Being stuck, having severe gas, having a belt pressing on the band, and over-eating have all done that to me. It just doesn't make sense that in the morning she has minimal pain and as the day goes by the pain starts coming and is worse at night. I know when I lay slightly propped up to read, like in my chair with my feet up, or in the tub, I can't eat for an hour or two afterwards because there's no room. The old stomach clogs up the port. I ate some sugarfree candy at my son's vacation camper that gave me unbelievable gas and eventually diarrhea. I walked and walked and walked in severe pain in my shoulders and neck until I passed it. It felt like my discs had re-herniated and my bad shoulder joints were acting up.

Oh well. Hope mayo gets to the bottom of it.

Lori, I hope you just left the house while that alarm was going off. That would have worn me out to my last nerve. You were probably fuming (pun intended) about what your DH did to your oven the whole time, too. Too funny.

Janet, you go girl. Great advice.

Cheri

Thanks for the compliments on my new grandbaby. Cheri, I think she was smiling......I saw her smile just an hour after she was born. Well, my DD already has the baby blues. I know it is her hormones. Her milk is coming in. She feels guilty that she can't give Sydney her full attention. Sydney got bit by a mosquito on her eyelid and her eye is almost swollen shut. So, she thinks that is her fault. I told her I would be over in the morning to clean her house. Her DH took off for two weeks to help her , but you know men.....no eye for detail when it comes to housework.

Cheri, so sorry your DD got her hair messed up. I am sure raising boys these days is a challenge. Is she the one with the two blonds? They are adorable.

My DH talked his mother into getting a computer in the nineties. He spent at least one evening a week working on fixing her messes. Now that she is gone we chuckles about those times, but it was frustrating.

Great, yes, it is such a blessing to fly for free. You will be in Denver at least once a week when that baby comes. How are you doing on the crochet?

Janet, I did get a script for retin-a. The Dr. said some women love it, and some think the over the counter stuff is better. I saw on GMA this week that Good Housekeeping did an eighteen month study on anti-aging and wrinkle creams. The one that came out number one is Loreal Revitalift . I think it only costs around 20 bucks. The best eye cream is Oil of Olay ProX. The best instant wrinkle cream is Oil of Olay Regenerist. And the best firming cream is one called Boots #7. I never heard of that one. Anyway, the best solution for me is quit looking in the 10X mirror.......lol

Okay, I just walked.......gotta shower and go to bed. DD will be needing me early and my DS is bringing his girlfriend over to meet us. I just know a ring is coming.

Goodnight All!!

Arlene the two blonde boys are hers. The oldest is the autistic one who is also diagnosed Mildly Mentally Handicapped. He was smart enough however to get his classmates all wiggling their butts like him while they were supposed to be standing quietly in line. Rachel got a note home about it but had trouble reprimanding him while keeping a straight face.

The 3-yr.old, Josh, has been going to pre-school 2 days a week and has a girlfriend, Kaitlyn, who runs up to him, gives him a kiss, helps him take off his coat, holds his hand and tells him she loves him. They play together all the time because they both love dinosaurs. They've had to be separated at times by the staff.

His older brother David asked him if Kaitlyn was his girlfriend and he said yes. So David asked his usual "Why?" Josh said, "Because she's sweet and so am I."

It's starting young. Rachel's in big trouble with that one.

David is the one who started asking his mom about where do dead bird's go when they die because a couple of birds hit their patio windows. Rachel was explaining about heaven and how there would be no more getting hurt and how people wouldn't be naughty anymore and dismayed he said, "But, but, I like to be naughty!"

And he is!

Cheri

Hi Everybody,

You are the most wonderful people in the world. I needed to hear what everyone had written!!!! My Higher Power was truly at work through all of you.

I appreciate your honesty.

I was feeling like a failure because I am not losing weight as fast as I thought. I am lucky if I lose a half pound a week following the food plan strictly and exercising to the best of my ability.

It was also validated to me on this cruise that if we had more money we might have less problems with food. All my food was prepared and served to me as I requested. Each day my emergency Proteins were delivered to my room. That is the life.

I am so happy you are all here, that our numbers have increased via DGC (Darling Grand Children), that everyone in one way or another is on the road to recovery or getting diagnosed.

As a dear friend of mine would say - I am so happy that I am peeing bubbles. Hope I did not offend any one.

Have to get back to a normal routine - washing clothing, shopping for food, etc.

Love ya all for all of your individual and wonderful ways, but most of all for your honesty.

Gwen

Gwen Welcome Home !

Yes $$ does equate to better food and weight issues - a top ramen cost 25 cents. This is why most poorer pple are in food lines weighing 200 lbs and you think they sure don't look like they have missed a meal - it's all about the foods they eat that are cheap - starch - fats - Veggies, fruit & meat are more $$$

Be happy w/your 1/2 a pound it's a loss and not a gain and after a yr all those 1/2 lbs adds up..

Thanks ladies for the boost to get off my rear. Yes, I do exercise. Yes, I do eat Protein - lots of it, just not meat. I eat Siggi's Icelandic yogurt (you otta try it! Super high in Protein, very low in sugar - made with agave nectar) and all organic. It's found at Whole Foods Markets or look at their website for local stores. Anway, cottage cheese - fat free aint too bad once you get used to it! Prevention magazine has a great Super smoothie receipe in the September issue for days you don't feel like eating - although it's very high in carbs. I used the siggi's yogurt instead of greek.

I feel better today - went and had a great workout of cardio and weights and then ate very healthy. Yes, let's be real here - beer and chips are the old way of eating. Thanks so much for supporting me!

Oh, no I'm not too tight. I'm actually able to eat the foods I'm supposed to eat like veggies and fruit. It's like being a vegetarian so I don't miss the meat much.

Yeah, it's the chips - really it is. And I need to be honest here as you all know - if I don't buy it - it's not in the house! Hello! Big surprise there huh!

Thanks so much for letting me vent. It's so great to be able to come here and get the support I need from friends who truly understand this whole food thing.

Have a super great weekend everyone and thanks again!

Balletgirl - This is why 3 yrs later I'm still on lbt - it's my support - it keeps me honest and accountable. Come back and be accountable.. We will kick your butt - give you tough love - we are here for you..

So you are a vegetarian?? I am a carnivor ;0) don't know if I could give up meat - don't eat tons of red meat - but do occasionally and I eat tons of fish..

Good evening, just checking it to see if anyone heard from Julie today.

Arlene, that new Grandbaby is gorgeous, can't wait to meet mine.

Gwen, welcome back. What cruise were you on? We were on Norwegian out of Barcelona in May.

DH came home and said he had bad news today. I thought oh-oh but then he grinned. He has to go back to Hawaii next month! Poor guy, can't let him go alone. LOL

I am going to call you the b word ;0) with love cuz I'm jealous - Well next month you are coming to Vegas - and that trumps Hawaii ;0)..

Arlene,

Your grandbaby is adorable. She looks like she's smiling. My son Tim was already smiling at me in the hospital. That kid smiled from the day he was born. He had huge dimples and everytime you talked to him he grinned. He also grinned when my mom's dog barked and if the wind blew in his face. His grin is his entree to society and makes everyone his friend.

My daughter's having one of her breakdowns. She had her hair cut at a cheap place and they totally ruined it. It took her a couple years to grow it out and it was beautiful.

And she's havin all her friends over next week using a jewelry party as an excuse. She's lost weight, toned up, and grown out her beautiful hair, and now she's in tears.

I think she feels like her marriage is in trouble, also, and she's stuck home with two little boys, one of whom has very high needs and is coming home from kindergarten stressed out and angry.

She can feel herself slipping into depression but doesn't like how she feels on anti-depressants.

My mother keeps doing stupid things on her computer and asking everyone to help her but my husband who knows her computer and worked as a help desk for computers and fixes it regularly (cleans out all the stuff she clicks on and overclicks on), so when she finally does call him its more messed up than ever. This time, she kept calling my daughter, who thought it might be a virus, so she had her download Norton during a 2 and a half hour phone conversation. However, Norton is a resource hog and monopolizes the machine and the memory, so while it was still downloading she clicked 23 times on her g-mail and crashed her computer. So Ken is still over there now fixing everything she messed up. She clicks on all these things that interest her, not realizing she's clogging up the memory.

Lord, relatives are fun.

I hope Julie brought along a record of all her surgeries on her abdomen. I know there are nerves that go straight up to the neck and shoulders and cause severe pain there because I've had that pain more than once since my LAP-BAND®. Being stuck, having severe gas, having a belt pressing on the band, and over-eating have all done that to me. It just doesn't make sense that in the morning she has minimal pain and as the day goes by the pain starts coming and is worse at night. I know when I lay slightly propped up to read, like in my chair with my feet up, or in the tub, I can't eat for an hour or two afterwards because there's no room. The old stomach clogs up the port. I ate some sugarfree candy at my son's vacation camper that gave me unbelievable gas and eventually diarrhea. I walked and walked and walked in severe pain in my shoulders and neck until I passed it. It felt like my discs had re-herniated and my bad shoulder joints were acting up.

Oh well. Hope mayo gets to the bottom of it.

Lori, I hope you just left the house while that alarm was going off. That would have worn me out to my last nerve. You were probably fuming (pun intended) about what your DH did to your oven the whole time, too. Too funny.

Janet, you go girl. Great advice.

Cheri

Cheri - You are the glycimic queen and how all that works in your body ;0)

Hugs to your DD I would never ever trust super cuts w/my hair - I am to freaking vain - I have to have 10 references before I would go to a new hair dresser ..

I eat that sf candy when I need help in that department ;0) every now and then I will get gas pains in my shoulder - haven't had it in a while - but if I over eat I will ;0)

To funny about your Mom - I have been messing w/pictures all evening - for some reason my camera will take a grainy pic and the next will be clear...

Thanks for the compliments on my new grandbaby. Cheri, I think she was smiling......I saw her smile just an hour after she was born. Well, my DD already has the baby blues. I know it is her hormones. Her milk is coming in. She feels guilty that she can't give Sydney her full attention. Sydney got bit by a mosquito on her eyelid and her eye is almost swollen shut. So, she thinks that is her fault. I told her I would be over in the morning to clean her house. Her DH took off for two weeks to help her , but you know men.....no eye for detail when it comes to housework.

Cheri, so sorry your DD got her hair messed up. I am sure raising boys these days is a challenge. Is she the one with the two blonds? They are adorable.

My DH talked his mother into getting a computer in the nineties. He spent at least one evening a week working on fixing her messes. Now that she is gone we chuckles about those times, but it was frustrating.

Great, yes, it is such a blessing to fly for free. You will be in Denver at least once a week when that baby comes. How are you doing on the crochet?

Janet, I did get a script for retin-a. The Dr. said some women love it, and some think the over the counter stuff is better. I saw on GMA this week that Good Housekeeping did an eighteen month study on anti-aging and wrinkle creams. The one that came out number one is Loreal Revitalift . I think it only costs around 20 bucks. The best eye cream is Oil of Olay ProX. The best instant wrinkle cream is Oil of Olay Regenerist. And the best firming cream is one called Boots #7. I never heard of that one. Anyway, the best solution for me is quit looking in the 10X mirror.......lol

Okay, I just walked.......gotta shower and go to bed. DD will be needing me early and my DS is bringing his girlfriend over to meet us. I just know a ring is coming.

Goodnight All!!

Charlene - they sell the boots #7 at target - I used it for a few months - but didn't see much improvement - heck - my road map face needs laser and the knife - I don't think they make plastic surgery in a bottle yet.. That's my problem too I have a 5x & 10 x mirror :0)

Janet, my restriction is probably perfect...it's my choices. I know it's part of my addiction and the reason I'm here. One thing I must say, if it wasn't for the band, I'd have gained everything back by now and more. I need to wrap my mind about my choices and the days I do, I'm fine....it's those days I let stress or any other excuse rule, then I get in trouble.

So I'm getting that most of us are noise sensitive. I am too. The smoke alarms are very annoying and I cringe when they go off. All then noise is one of the things about Vegas I don't care for. I can only handle it for a little while. Our trip will be the perfect length!!

Cheri, sugar-free candies and other things are are often sweetened with sorbitol. Sorbitol can cause gas in some people. It does for me and for another friend of mine. She can't tolerate any sorbitol. It's one of the reasons I don't eat sugar free stuff often. I take Fiber Choice chewables and that causes gas too, but it's weird, that gas works it's way out easily...every time too. Sorry if that is TMI. So sorry about your DD's hair cut and the stress it is causing. Maybe she could try another place to try and fix it? Cute story about the naughty GS and being naughty...yep sometimes that is more fun.

Charlene, your grand baby is adorable! She does look like she's smiling and happy to be here. Thanks for the synopsis on the anti aging face stuff. I like nutrogena moisturizer with sunscreen stuff. It helps keep the blemishes at a minimum (I don't break out with it). You'd think at 54 you wouldn't have to worry about blemishes. Good for you and your walk.

Welcome back Gwen. 1/2 pound a week is still progress. Lap band is not bypass and it does work slower. Have patience and be committed and it will come off.

I got up to let the dog out and now I'm reading LBT. Good thing it is Saturday morning and I don't HAVE anything to do in the morning.

Took my Jeep in yesterday and had new tires put on. Walked back and forth to the shop (through the mall) and ended up buying two pairs of pants, a skirt, and a blouse. Since most of you are bargain hunters, one pair of pants was $52 regular and I got them for $26. These are black cargo pants that roll up. I've been looking for a pair of black pants, but don't care for the knit ones, so these look ok, if a little casual. The other pair are capris and were $8. The skirt was marked down from $59 to $14 and the blouse was $7. I'm good with that.

So now I'm ready to drive to Vegas and have some new duds too. I'm trying to control my shopping because I want to shop in Argentina. I want some leather goods.

Okay, I'm going back to sleep. Hope everyone has a good weekend.

Eva

Morning everyone, Arlene Bethany is just gorgeous -- wow, really really gorgeous! You are such a sweet mom to go clean for your DD -- how nice of you. Hope your DD starts to feel better soon -- those hormones can do such terrible things to us ladies.

Lori, so sorry to hear your bad news about having to go back to Hawaii -- poor you -- LOL. So cute - your DH is a cutie -- which island this time?

Gwen, welcome back and I say if you lost 1/2 lb. a week while on a cruise you did beautifullly - so much temptation on cruises - so I congratulate you on your success. Well done!

Cheri, sorry your DD is having problems - sorry about her hair - I know how troubling that can be -- but it will grow out again. Very cute stories about your grandkids - my first kiss was on the school bus in kindergarten -- and I've never ever forgotten that -- Dale Reese -- lol. I'm sure your GS won't ever forget his gf - wouldn't it be something if they ended up together later on? LOL.

Katie says they may let her out of the hospital Mon or Tues. They are working with her - she has bad neuropathy of her organs - that is what is causing all her other problems (as we have long suspected). They told her the bottom line is: "if you want to live you WILL take readings, insulin and be accountable. You WILL quit smoking EVERYTHING and you WILL eat the right kinds of food." Right now she is saying she's going to change and do everything so we will continue to hope. She also made the decision to draw up a will and have my DS and DIL be the guardians for Aylah if something happens. I am very relieved and proud of her for making this decision -- they are the most responsible people -- they are very kind, generous and loving. They work hard and have the money to raise a child. And, they have no children of their own. This is a huge relief to me cause I don't think I could do it -- I'm totally exhausted just from the past several weeks. This is a win-win situation for me and DH and we are very happy about it. She has talked to Aylah's dad and he's agreeable to it -- heck, he's only seen her twice in her life and I would be terrified to have her go live with a stranger. Plus, we don't know him at all and he lives in Colorado. He only works part time -- plus he's remarried and we don't know his wife. We don't know their lifestyles - do they drink, do drugs, argue, etc. So I am grateful he is agreeable to all of this.

Tonight we are going to see Sylvia Browne -- I've alwasys wanted to see a psychic in person and in action to see if I think they are "real" or not. Interesting. My DH lost his dad when he was 12 and it would be so cool (if it's real) if he got a message from his dad. He adored his dad.

Balletgirl, good for you -- that's right -- if you don't buy it you can't eat it -- congrats on your new outlook.

Well, I'm off to the gym. Hope everyone has a great weekend. Remember 9-11 today -- always remember. My thoughts and prayers going out to the victims' families today. Such a hard time for them.

Love to all -- I'll report in tomorrow.

Linda

Hello ladies.......... We got home late last night.... I just wasn't up to getting online then so I'm here now... Things did not go as I had hoped at Mayo... It is an awesome place and I was treated very well..... Lori, I think you got my report totally correct, so thank you for sharing it for me..... I was scheduled for more tests yesterday....nerve testing... Did't get told anything about that yet.... They scheduled me for more tests on the 14th, but we were not able to stay til then when we had our friends with us.... So we will be going back on Monday.... It's been a horrible time with pain for me... I was told that I could try to get into the appointments early (the ones for the 14th) but I just had to sit and wait.... We waited all morning only to be told that there was no opening..... So it was my decision to leave. I just couldn't sit there waiting in pain all afternoon, just to be told I couldn't get in again... So we left about 1:00 and got home at 11:30..... I had to drug myself up pretty well to handle the road trip.... Called my chiropractor from the road and he insisited on seeing me last night when we came through Bismarck... I did sleep last night, and really can't tell how I am this morning... Need to get motivated a bit and do somethings... Unpack and repack for Monday... I guess....DH is a bit tiffed with me because I gave up, but he wasn't having the pain either...

I'm so sorry to have missed everything these past days... I would love to comment but just can't right now...... except, Arlene, what a beautiful baby...

Thank you so much for all your support.... I'll get back to you when I can...... I'm supposed to go to a bridal shower at 2:00 and a 50th Anniversary at 6:30 for my aunt and uncle.....don't know if I can make either, but will give it a try by moving around a bit here at home to see if I think I can handle it..... I love you all..... please don't quit on me yet as I still have more to go..... TTYL............Julie

Arlene - Bethany is adorable. Truly a pretty baby.

I have NOT used Retinol and the age spots on my hands would make a great "connect the dots" game.

I was a lifeguard growing up and spent plenty of time in the sun. Still have the convertible and love the sunshine - also played hour of tennis. We play, we pay.

Oh well....it's our hearts that count.

Welcome back, Gwen - 1/2 lb on a cruise deserves a celebration. Well done.

Linda - I saw Sylvia Browne in K.C. Wasn't that impressed - but I loved watching her on Montel.

Forgot to mention that I also love to watch Hoarders. Noticed several of you also watch it.

Julie - welcome home. So sorry that solution is not yet found. We will all pray that Monday will bring some answers.

Sending prayers. Take it easy today and follow your instincts about those two parties. Probably better to rest.