Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

I'm here to help...

Good afternoon. A quickie post for me, am busy cooking, cleaning and doing laundry and getting ready for guests again. Seems DD is coming back this weekend with her DH to go back to Ikea to get some nursery stuff. He has a 4 day weekend and she starts a new job on Tues. and since they have to drive over the mountains thought they'd come before the snow starts flying.

DH is busy making Jerky and sausage out of a lot of his deer meat. He bought a meat grinder attachment to my Kitchenaid to grind a little up, he better sanitize that thing when he's done! UGH!!

Pigs in a Blanket, I was so confused when you mentioned cabbage in them, but now it makes sense when Eva called them Cabbage rolls. To me Pigs in a blanket are little smokies or hotdogs even, rolled in crescent roll dough and baked. LOL Funny how different parts of the country call different things differently.

Speaking of do you call a soft drink: soda or pop or something different? I grew up calling it pop but out here everyone calls it soda. Or I called everything a Coke no matter what type of soft drink it was.

Well better get, dryer is beeping. Lots of dirty stinky hunting clothes.

Good afternoon. A quickie post for me, am busy cooking, cleaning and doing laundry and getting ready for guests again. Seems DD is coming back this weekend with her DH to go back to Ikea to get some nursery stuff. He has a 4 day weekend and she starts a new job on Tues. and since they have to drive over the mountains thought they'd come before the snow starts flying.

DH is busy making Jerky and sausage out of a lot of his deer meat. He bought a meat grinder attachment to my Kitchenaid to grind a little up, he better sanitize that thing when he's done! UGH!!

Pigs in a Blanket, I was so confused when you mentioned cabbage in them, but now it makes sense when Eva called them Cabbage rolls. To me Pigs in a blanket are little smokies or hotdogs even, rolled in crescent roll dough and baked. LOL Funny how different parts of the country call different things differently.

Speaking of do you call a soft drink: soda or pop or something different? I grew up calling it pop but out here everyone calls it soda. Or I called everything a Coke no matter what type of soft drink it was.

Well better get, dryer is beeping. Lots of dirty stinky hunting clothes.

Well, Lori I guess you have a little Texan in you because people here call all "soda water" a coke. Our pigs in a blanket are little smokies wrapped in flaky biscuits.

Janet, no baby. I went to DD's house this morning and mopped, vacuumed, cleaned refrigerator, and cleaned bathrooms. I can't believe I did all that after walking. Now, I have to get my floors done. Yeah, I have a cleaning lady, but I am sharing her with DD till October. DD is miserable. She doesn't think she will make it to Tuesday. That may be wishful thinking.

Julie, so sad about Bailey. I hope they can get custody of her. If they could just talk her into temporary custody it would be good for her. HUGS and Prayers for them.

Sorry gang! I have been gone all day and I have not read all the posts. I will try to do it this eve. I promise to check in when DD goes into labor. I will have Sydney so I will be here. Plus I will have two more grandkids on Saturday. Woohoo! Fun weekend!

Oh, Eva, Janet's right......you can go to school online for just about anything now. Check it out.

Omg - Can't beleive it - only 3 post since this morning...

I call it' Soda ;0) - Do you want a Soda.. ;0)

Julie - Hugs on the pain - I was fine this morning - got to work and DS called after I got off the phone - pain in my shoulder blade..

Yep they need to go for full custody...

Hope you had a great ME day.. You deserve it!!!!

Great - How far along is DD ;0) already buying furniture :0) I take it they are a bit excited too..

I would eat the Jerky and sausage - the last time I tried deer meat - it tasted rotten - but I saw the carcass - and I think that had something to do w/it ;0)

Charlene - You got your exercise today:o) - it's my day off from exercise for the next 3 day ;0)

Well my family drama - Andrew has moved out - we had a tiff again last night about animals - told him he needed to go..

He called right now and said he's at his mom's that he moved out - wanted to know if if I was mad = said no that I think we need a break - he said oh so you are happy (yes I am but can't say that) I said not but need some time apart - we are fighting too much - but that he had to come home 10/1 to watch the dogs cuz I was going to Vegas - think I will ask gf to come too just in case..

But you want to know what - he cleaned the house and washed down the garage (animal's poop in there) .. Though that was kinda funny thing to do if you are moving out..

So I am a HAPPY empty nester for a while - we will see how long it last ... He's welcome home - but this thing about dogs has to quit..

Has Apples left for the Lake already ???

What's everyone doing for the 3 day weekend...

Me - Tomorrow hair cut - then a little shopping at the mall - have a concert to go to Sunday (Mary J Blige) so need a sexy outfit - cuz after concert going to club to dance (well that is if the line isn't 3 miles long)

Going to get nails/toes done at the new shop that just opened 8/18 here in the neighborhood..

And that's it..

LOL Andrew just called again - wants to know if I'm sad - No Andrew - I'm tired of fighting w/you... I'm fine..

Well my family drama - Andrew has moved out - we had a tiff again last night about animals - told him he needed to go..

He called right now and said he's at his mom's that he moved out - wanted to know if if I was mad = said no that I think we need a break - he said oh so you are happy (yes I am but can't say that) I said not but need some time apart - we are fighting too much - but that he had to come home 10/1 to watch the dogs cuz I was going to Vegas - think I will ask gf to come too just in case..

But you want to know what - he cleaned the house and washed down the garage (animal's poop in there) .. Though that was kinda funny thing to do if you are moving out..

So I am a HAPPY empty nester for a while - we will see how long it last ... He's welcome home - but this thing about dogs has to quit..

Janet, I know what you are going through. When my adopted son turned 19 he still had a semester of high school left.....he graduated then quit his job and laid in his bed till about noon everyday. He started fighting with me until I told him one of us was going to get hurt. He moved out for about four months and came back just before he went into the service. Then when he got out of the service he came home. After awhile we started fighting again. He moved out. A few months ago he told me how sorry he was for arguing with me. He realized how PO'd he was at his mother for dying. We get along fine now. He is 37. Sometimes it just takes time to figure it out. You do need a break. Enjoy your concert and clubbing. I think Mary J Blige is an awesome singer. She is so beautiful.

I'm not going anywhere.....babysitting and on babywatch too. I am going to get my toes done tomorrow with DD. We took her out for Mexican food tonight, and tomorrow I am taking her to Breakfast before the pedi.....anything to keep her happy. Hugs!!!

Janet, the whole Andrew thing has me laughing. He so wants you to be sad and upset and miss him. When I was getting remarried and my DS had one more year of college I basically paid him to leave. Gave him enough to help him make the financial transition. He had a job but not enough to go to school and live on his own. He hated my fiancee and would have tried to rule the roost as he is definitely an alpha male. Not going to happen. I still remember the relief I felt when he was out of my house. It was worth every penny I paid him!

We had our Meet and Greet open house tonight. I'm beat. I was on the committee and had to address the parents about my program and I'd also had an idea about blessing the children. I asked the parents, teachers, and pastors we'd recruited to form two lines and create an archway with their arms for the children to pass through. As they did people laid hands on them and blessed them. People broke into spontaneous clapping as the last of the children finished passing by them. A couple of kids went through twice. LOL. And a graduate went through as well.

I believe these children are pawns in a spiritual battle between the forces of evil, a street culture that wants to devour them, and the community trying to keep them from being devoured. I wanted them protected in that battle with a shield of blessing and prayer.

This is the bedtime prayer I taught my children.

As we go to sleep this night, keep us safe till morning light. Forgive the sins we did today. Help us be good is what we pray.

Amen

God bless,

Cheri

Janet, I know what you are going through. When my adopted son turned 19 he still had a semester of high school left.....he graduated then quit his job and laid in his bed till about noon everyday. He started fighting with me until I told him one of us was going to get hurt. He moved out for about four months and came back just before he went into the service. Then when he got out of the service he came home. After awhile we started fighting again. He moved out. A few months ago he told me how sorry he was for arguing with me. He realized how PO'd he was at his mother for dying. We get along fine now. He is 37. Sometimes it just takes time to figure it out. You do need a break. Enjoy your concert and clubbing. I think Mary J Blige is an awesome singer. She is so beautiful.

I'm not going anywhere.....babysitting and on babywatch too. I am going to get my toes done tomorrow with DD. We took her out for Mexican food tonight, and tomorrow I am taking her to Breakfast before the pedi.....anything to keep her happy. Hugs!!!

Charlene - Ya he needs to figure out a lot - he think he's grown - but he's far from it.. I'm at fault on some of it - just like how I raised my DS - I say yes so much that when I say no - they can't deal w/it..

The argument last night was he had a puppy in the house that he said he was giving to a freind - I said hell no that dog isn't staying in this house (he wanted Bella to play w/it - at midnite when bella woke me up to go pee) - Then he wanted Bella back - it was his dog yada yada yada - I said you gave up on that dog 2 weeks ago - Im the one who's training it - I'm the one who she sleeps with - you didn't want her - you wanted a big dog - yada yada yada..

He will be ok - lol - he will have a whole new experience at his mom's full house - she has 4 other kids 16 - 14- 13 - 11 (I think those are the ages)

Janet, the whole Andrew thing has me laughing. He so wants you to be sad and upset and miss him. When I was getting remarried and my DS had one more year of college I basically paid him to leave. Gave him enough to help him make the financial transition. He had a job but not enough to go to school and live on his own. He hated my fiancee and would have tried to rule the roost as he is definitely an alpha male. Not going to happen. I still remember the relief I felt when he was out of my house. It was worth every penny I paid him!

We had our Meet and Greet open house tonight. I'm beat. I was on the committee and had to address the parents about my program and I'd also had an idea about blessing the children. I asked the parents, teachers, and pastors we'd recruited to form two lines and create an archway with their arms for the children to pass through. As they did people laid hands on them and blessed them. People broke into spontaneous clapping as the last of the children finished passing by them. A couple of kids went through twice. LOL. And a graduate went through as well.

I believe these children are pawns in a spiritual battle between the forces of evil, a street culture that wants to devour them, and the community trying to keep them from being devoured. I wanted them protected in that battle with a shield of blessing and prayer.

This is the bedtime prayer I taught my children.

As we go to sleep this night, keep us safe till morning light. Forgive the sins we did today. Help us be good is what we pray.

Amen

God bless,

Cheri

Cheri

I don't know why he thinks I'm sad - I am cracking up at that one too - I can't say - Hell I'm happy - I am tired of being even remotely responsible for you - I am tired of your drama - hell it's not like we sit and watch tv together etc - we are more like room mates ;0)

Ya he wants me to say come home - give in - Hell no... I'm fine - but he doe have to come home to watch the dogs 10/1

My DS would have been like your DS - at 15 he didn't like my bf - I said hell no - you are almost grown and I have a life to live too - you just don't like someone telling you what to do..

If Andrew could afford rent - I would pay his 1st & last month rent and help w/furniture ;0)... Just so that he was on his own..

I asked why did you clean up before you left - I guess he was showing me what I am going to miss when he's gone - but he doesn't know - that my house stays cleaner when it's just me ;0)..

Janet, I'm sorry the Andrew parting is not optimum, but the kid does need to find his own way. I know you love him, but he'll appreciate you a lot more after he gets out on his own. Your work sounds chaotic and crazy. I hope that doesn't stress you out too much also. Sounds like you had these accounts before so it won't be too bad to take them over again. It's hard when our companies keep everything in upheaval. Is tomorrow your furlough day? That's nice a 4 day weekend.

Arlene, that's a lot of work, but your daughter is going to really appreciate it. I bet she is miserable but it will be over soon. The walking does help the stamina a lot. I'm not even walking every day but what I do has sure made a difference.

Lori, I have one of those grinders for my Kitchen Aide and I love it. I almost always make my own hamburger and yes, they clean up just fine. So there's no IKEA in Denver? That's surprising...but what a great excuse to see your DD again. Yep, better get the driving in while the driving is good because you just never know in that country.

Julie, wow that is some drama with Bailey. We had a bit of that with Robbie's mom. She was in jail for a couple of months too. Fortunately Robbie is seeing through his Mom's craziness and I hope he realizes drinking isn't all it's cracked up to be. I hope DD and DF are able to get full custody of the little girl. Stability is a great thing. And I hope you do find something that help besides those pills. The pain killing drugs and mess up your thought processes. I watched that happen with my father. Please be careful with those drugs. I get why you take them, I've had to do it too, nerve pain is unbelievably hard to deal with. Wishing you the best with your mayo clinic, only a week from today.

Another day gone and tomorrow is Friday, YIPEE. I have three more jobs to do. I'm afraid it's a never ending cycle and I'll be working up to the very last.

I worked out on my pilates machine this morning. It helps with the stiffness. I've noticed my stomach muscles are shaping up a bit too, so slowly, every so slowly things are getting tighter and my stamina is better. I also notice I don't sleep as well. Oh well.

Speaking of classes on line...it's pretty funny because I am looking at on-line classes. It definitely is a possibility. We'll see.

I'm going to go work on DH for a while. I have to spend quality bugging time with him or he won't think he's married.

Have a great evening.

Eva

Janet, I'm sorry the Andrew parting is not optimum, but the kid does need to find his own way. I know you love him, but he'll appreciate you a lot more after he gets out on his own. Your work sounds chaotic and crazy. I hope that doesn't stress you out too much also. Sounds like you had these accounts before so it won't be too bad to take them over again. It's hard when our companies keep everything in upheaval. Is tomorrow your furlough day? That's nice a 4 day weekend.

Arlene, that's a lot of work, but your daughter is going to really appreciate it. I bet she is miserable but it will be over soon. The walking does help the stamina a lot. I'm not even walking every day but what I do has sure made a difference.

Lori, I have one of those grinders for my Kitchen Aide and I love it. I almost always make my own hamburger and yes, they clean up just fine. So there's no IKEA in Denver? That's surprising...but what a great excuse to see your DD again. Yep, better get the driving in while the driving is good because you just never know in that country.

Julie, wow that is some drama with Bailey. We had a bit of that with Robbie's mom. She was in jail for a couple of months too. Fortunately Robbie is seeing through his Mom's craziness and I hope he realizes drinking isn't all it's cracked up to be. I hope DD and DF are able to get full custody of the little girl. Stability is a great thing. And I hope you do find something that help besides those pills. The pain killing drugs and mess up your thought processes. I watched that happen with my father. Please be careful with those drugs. I get why you take them, I've had to do it too, nerve pain is unbelievably hard to deal with. Wishing you the best with your mayo clinic, only a week from today.

Another day gone and tomorrow is Friday, YIPEE. I have three more jobs to do. I'm afraid it's a never ending cycle and I'll be working up to the very last.

I worked out on my pilates machine this morning. It helps with the stiffness. I've noticed my stomach muscles are shaping up a bit too, so slowly, every so slowly things are getting tighter and my stamina is better. I also notice I don't sleep as well. Oh well.

Speaking of classes on line...it's pretty funny because I am looking at on-line classes. It definitely is a possibility. We'll see.

I'm going to go work on DH for a while. I have to spend quality bugging time with him or he won't think he's married.

Have a great evening.

Eva

Eva

LOL spending time w/DH ;0)

I will save on food - Water - electricity -gas - car gas etc -

Ya I had these accounts before - so no biggie - but don't know when this is all going to happen cuz the lady who now is my team member is the one going to the AH producer but starting Monday she's gone for 3 weeks.. So don't know when files will be transfered -

Hi everyone, just a quick note as I have to get ready for work. Step daughter gravely ill -- looked like double pneumonia but it wasn't responding to treatment -- moved her to Des Moines hospital Wednes. and she's now on a ventilator -- did a broncoscopy (sp?) yesterday and will wait for cultures - several days. Have her on a feeding tube -- will be on a ventilator for several weeks. As you all know her body is very weak so please pray for her and my little Aylah. We want everything for our GD and that includes having her mom survive and be in her life. It is very hard on my DH and me as this is what we have been fearing for so long and we feel so helpless and out of control. Hopefully it will all turn around and be fine, but we need help with prayers. Thank you all, I'll try to stay in touch and keep you updated. Aylah is with us and is doing fine -- not asking questions yet.

Love you all.

Linda

OMG Linda - Hugs & Prayers being sent.. This is so scary - she's so young to be so sick - OMG... Keep us posted -

xoxox J

We in Michigan call it pop. It's sounds funny when I hear people refer to it as soda. I've heard some places call every kind of pop a coke.

On the pigs in a blanket that is what we call both kinds. The cabbage rolls sound yummy, may have to make them.

I'm going to watch state final softball on Sat & Sun leaving for Indian River, only staying there for the night. Mon. we are walking the Mackinaw Bridge. This is the only day for the year that you can walk on it. It's 5 miles long & connects the upper and lower peninsula's. I have been saying for years I want to do this, so this is the year. I can't wait, even though there are thousands of people who do this.

Janet, To funny on the Andrew issue. Must be an age and male thing. My DS & him sound like twins. Only my DS never says he is moving out. He knows I'll be helping him pack. lol He used to threaten me with moving to his dads when he was younger and I would say not. Now he never says it and I would say go, please go. He is not going to school again so I am making him pay $100 rent. Trying to teach him some responsablity. Can't seem to get past the instant gratification stage.

Cheri, that is so cool about blessing the kids. Sounds like they need all the help they can get. If that even gives them some peace of mind it's worth it.

Charlene, You are the best helping your DD in all the ways you do. Since Bethany missed my B-Day I'll vote for Sept 13th, my DS B-Day

Eva, have a good time "bugging" with your DH. How many days do you have left at work now?

Have a safe and fun weekend.

LauraK

Linda,

Hugs and prayers sent you way. Hope everything turns around for her and all of you. Take care of yourself, give Aylah extra hugs.

LauraK

Hi gang! I went out walking this morning, but the lightning chased me home......it is pouring down now.

Linda, I am so sorry for your step daughter. I will be praying for her and your family. Now, what is her name? I might have it wrong, but doesn't she have a chronic disease.....diabetes?

Cheri, Awesome! on the Meet and Greet. No better way than to start the year with blessing the children. Love your prayer too!

Janet, No, Andrew is not grown, but he thinks he is. So it is better for him to go help his mom with his siblings.....good grow up lesson.

Eva, don't laugh, but I surprised myself. For years I have had to pull up on a chair or couch if I sat on the floor. The other day when I babysat Sydney I went to change her diaper. She would not get on the couch for me to change her. She laid on the floor. So, I got down on the floor and changed her.......I got up without holding on to a chair or the couch. I am stronger than I thought. Now for Sydney to get potty trained so I don't have to keep doing that. With the new baby coming potty training is on the "to do " list for DD.

I will be doing Breakfast today with DD......Omelet. Then to have pedi and run errands. Then I have to finish sewing for Bethany. I will check in tonight.

Janet, FYI, I only had about 3oz of fajita meat and two spoons of refried Beans last night at the Mexican restaurant. I just have to eat meat at least once a week.

Linda, I'm so sorry for your DSD. Hugs to your family and healing thoughts to her. Your GD does need her mother. Maybe this will be what it takes to have y our DSD realize her daughter needs her.

I think I have a cold. It's not a bad one, but I'm feeling a little weird and it's not allergies. Guess that means I'll be taking it easy this weekend (still walking however).

Mornings are really nice right now and it would be a shame to waste them.

Okay, have to get ready for work.

Eva