Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

I'm here to help...

Hey peeps, just checking in. My DGS had his first football game today. Those nine year olds look so grown up in their uniforms. He only weighs 68lbs, but is almost the tallest kid on his team. Now, baseball tomorrow. Our Pearland boys lost big time today in the World Series. Hawaii just outplayed them. Hawaii and Japan play tomorrow for the title. Go USA!!!

Janet, you are one Hot Chick in your work out clothes. Wow! what a transformation.

Phyl, I love the pic of you and DH......and the baby....she is a doll. Of course the Newlyweds are gorgeous too!

No baby yet. She will be here soon enough. Oh, I think my routine will change for a bit. I am trying to figure out how I can walk with a two year old. I think I will only be able to walk once a day for a few days.

Melissa, glad you are sweating out that nasty infection. Drink plenty of liquids.

Cheri.....prayers for your niece and family! We are doing a series on prayer at church. I will list you in my journal.

Linda, I am so glad Merry is doing so well. You sure do exercise a lot. You and Janet are gonna dry up and blow away!

Oh, I know about those off the wagon moments. Like today, I made that new chocolate chip recipe with red pepper. Of course I ate one....well more than one. Gonna shake it tomorrow. I was so bloated today .

Mairemarc....Welcome!

WooHoo! Texans 23, Cowboys 7.....only two minutes left in the 4th quarter. Can you tell I am NOT a Cowboy fan.

Goodnight gang!

Eva

4 miles WTG - Thats about a 20 min mile:thumbup:

LOL Famous - Ya right - they wouldn't really want me to be a spokes person for lb - I would tell pple - your food choice are up to you not the band - and doc's but the band in so many just cuz of the $$$.. I don't know anyone who failed the shrink test - and do you even have to have one in Mexico..

We havent gotten any rain - but temps high 90's for the next couple of days - it's nice out side right now and this morning I opened the back door and front door..

Eat some seafood for me - Maryland - is crab right ;0)

Maybe the baby has come - I don't think Charlene has posted today..

Cheri - Texting is a pain in the butt imho - but again I don't have a texting phone - plus I don't have interent on my phone - I'm home more than I am not and I have the house computer..

Eva, you must have messaged at the same time. Yes, I think these white BOATS will do the job. I hate having such big feet, but they haven't failed me yet......well, had I not lost weight I am sure my feet problems would have been much worse. Four miles......awesome!

Melissa, are you starting to feel better with that nasty bronchitis? It's good to see you posting more too. Take care of yourself girl!

Eva

Feeling okay my sleep schedule is way off cause of the meds they have me on. I guess no job means I get to post more LOL. Actaully except for needing money and now getting ready to pay 1300.00 a month for my family to have cobra heath coverage I am doing really well. i also feel good need to get over this cold so I can breathe better so i can excerise

Melissa, glad you are sweating out that nasty infection. Drink plenty of liquids.

Goodnight gang!

Yes i am drinking plenty of liquids and sleeping alot I am enjoying this time off

Okay so I am feeling a little better with this cold but I got my cobra packet today and I really need to start working to pay the 1300 a month it is going to take for us to keep our health coverage, i can't afford not o have health coverage sonce I have pre existing conditions not band related.

So if any one lives or have family that live in Ga please let me know of any places that are hiring.

Thanks everyone

Hi everyone. I didn't realize Merry wouldn't have a stump either -- surprised me as well -- I guess it's better for them supposedly, but I thought she said when I spoke to her on the phone that she was only going to go up about 1-1/2" from the tumor -- so not sure why. Maybe the tumor was growing up higher than she thought -- my DH is the one who picked her up and talked to the vet after the surgery, but he didn't ask either. I'll have him ask Fri. when he takes her in to get the stitches removed.

Phyll, love those pics -- you looked so beautiful - absolutely stunning (and so healthy too).

Janet, yes, it was me who still would like to get us on either Oprah or the Doctors -- the Doctors would be great -- maybe they'd give us all free PS -- so I'll work on it this year again.

Step daughter back in the hospital tonight -- honestly, do I ever get a free weekend? I hate to complain, but I'm so sick and tired of it. Plus, step son got fired tonight from his job - found out he'd been lying to us (again) and calling in sick and then hanging out with his friends instead of working. So, here it is 12:30 a.m. and I'm up because I'm pissed off at the world and can't sleep. I'm just so tired of feeling like I'll never be free of responsibilities -- will these kids ever grow up and take care of themselves and take care of business? Neither one of them can hold down a decent job - what the heck do they think they are going to do when we are gone? It scares me that they refuse to grow up, refuse to become responsible adults. It's very much the way their mom and her family are -and I sometimes wish they'd both just go and live with them in Oregon. If it weren't for Aylah. . .I couldn't bear not having her in my life. So, I'm having a pity party for myself, sorry girls, don't mean to be a downer but this is the part of my life that I try to keep hidden with my humor. It is so depressing. And if that wasn't enough, now I have some freaky virus on my computer -- it took me 45 mins to get on here.

Eva, good going on the 4 miles -- and a hilly walk at that -- that's a great workout. Years ago I used to walk 5 miles a day -- outside - and I loved it -- I did that for many years and hardly ever missed a day -- I just don't like walking outside any more -- except I LOVED walking on the beach when I was in Florida last month -- it was fabulous. I guess I don't like walking on concrete or something.

Well, now there's a recall on the parts for the hip replacement -- and my hip is still killing me so now I'm really concerned that I have those bad parts. I'll be calling my surgeon Monday to find out if I'm unlucky enough. Please think good thoughts on this -- cause I'd have to have it done again -- even though it'd be free I still don't want to go through that again. Geez.

Charlene, I remember now that it was a girl cause her name is much like my sisters -- I'd forgotten that. Hope it all goes well -- will be thinking of you and your daughter next few days.

Melissa, I hope you start to feel well enough to try to look for another job -- it's really hard when you're so sick. Remember what Cheri said -- maybe reach out and ask for some assistance from church -- or some other agency. Have you started getting your unemployment? Have you checked to see how much it would cost to get your own policy instead of cobra? Can your DH get coverage at his job -- you can sign up mid year if you can show change of situation - and your being laid off is a definite change of situation.

Well, all I'll close. take care and have a great Sunday everyone.

Linda

Hi girls, I'm up in the middle of the night, too.... Went to sleep about 11:00 in my chair, but woke up at 12:30 with pain... I thought I was going to get off easy tonight, but no such luck...... I took an easy day today.. Went with DD and Mimi for a little shopping in Bismarck this morning... Was looking for a black slip and bra to go under my MOB dress... We went into Dress Barn and DD started looking at black dresses for me... I already bought my dress a while back and she approved of it then, but now she isn't sure it's fancy enough.... MOB is to be fancy like the bride she says!! Well now I'm not sure what to do.... Thought I had it all under control.. I didn't find anything I wanted today.... So now I can add that back on my list.... And I didn't find a bra or slip.. Lane Bryant had no slips... Told be to go to Herberger.....

Anyway, Janet it is 9/9 for my mayo appointment... A week and a half to go..... I'm starting to fear that they won't help me either and I'm doomed to do this forever.... Gotta keep a positive thought but it gets hard when this happens every day..... Love the before and afters............... what you wrote sounds just fine... and just like you.... Good luck.... I'm sure you'll be a great spokesperson.....

Cheri, hugs on your niece.... Gosh I hope they can figure things out.... I love the way you describe yourself...... I would love to be talk and regal rather than tall and misshapen....... You take a break this weekend and rest up now.....

Melissa, glad to hear you are on the mend.... just stick with it so you don't have a relapse... You need that rafting party... sounds fun.....

Laura K, sounds like a fune weekend again with your family...... I have never made salsa.... Well, once, and it was too watery.. do you can yours then or just have it fresh in the fridge??

Those darn chips... I have found that I like those little flavored rice cakes.... dont' care for the big ones, but these little ones that come in a bag are very good... and low on calories... I try to keep these around, but I did buy some crunchie cheezies one day and had to have some..... Didn't hurt, just didn't help either.... gotta do some of that occassionally just to feel normal..... I'm eating a grape popsicle right now.. It feels so good on my mouth that is still so ucky these days... I think it might be getting a bit better since that Flexeril is getting out of my system... No more dreams and no more weight gain... Actually have lost a few that I got a while back... Hope to be back to my norm by Vegas....

Linda, gosh I hear you about kids..... some days it seems like they will never not be our responsiblity.... If I took all the money we have spent in the last 3 years on our 3 kids, DH and I could have one helluva month long vacation abroad someplace..... And he wouldn't have to work 15 hour days like he has been lately just for some extra cash....... He has worked 77 1/2hours this week.... At least he doesn't have to work tomorrow and they are about done with wheat which is the big push right now.... Yeah..... I could use having him around home more...... I've spent some very alone days and would rather have him around moe....

Merry's pictures look great.... DH I presume????? He looked good, too... Merry will be running like a pup soon..... that is wonderful for all of you.

Good luck with the hip replacement parts... Hope it turns out to not be an issue for you.

Phyll, you and DH look so nice... glad you are having a great day.... Dance a little for me... Pretty baby... but aren't they all.. enjoy....

Eva, I hate the accumulations of cat hair...... It gets into everything.. And I try so hard to keep a clean house... I hate to see what comes out in the dryer lint trap when I was blanket/throws that we keep by our chairs in the living room...... But that's the breaks when you have cats..... Off you go to Baltimore... you are the travelors... and not afraid to just go any old time.. Wish my DH was a bit more like that.... I have to work on him for a while to get him to decide to do something fun... Have a great time... See you back here with a report on Tuesday.....

Arlene, sorry your local boys didn't make it to the finals..., but what an accomplishment anyway... Walking with a 2 year old will be a challenge... Do you have one of those cute little backpack leashes??? They have them at Walmart... I tried that with Mimi a couple times, but since I couldn't lift her I was at her mercy if she wanted to stop... Had a terrible time getting her off the playground... and pulling on the lease was harder on my than lifting her... Good luck and let us know when that baby arrives....

Well our other girls must all be out enjoying life... I want that !!!! Instead of sitting awake at night with pain... I'm wondering about Judy and her puppy.... She seems to be pretty busy these days...... Do you suppose she'll want to "foster" this one???? time will tell...

Well I should try to get back to sleep... Mimi is staying over and she asked to go to bed in my bed with Papa...... This is just fine.. I spend so much time up stairs in my recliner that a night without my bed is no big deal.....Today is DF's birthday so DD and some friends drove down to Bismarack to meet him after work for a nice little celebrations... I'm so happy with the life my daughter and fiancee are leading right now... I prayed and prayed that life would give her good things one day... I think that day has arrived and I couldn't be happier......Aside from the piercings and tatoees, we couldn't have picked a finer young man.... So we just look past the piercings and tatoos and see the good man and father that he is.... What a blessing...

Night ladies..... Hope we all can get some rest ..... so we can enjoy our Sunday... Love you all very much, oh and welcome to the new gal.... You'll love it here... Just jump in and share about yourself... We are very open and honest around here...

Hugs and prayers............ Julie

Can't sleep either Julie. SIGH. Going on a week with VERY little sleep. Not sure why- too much on my mind- or a part of menopause. Too tired to write anything intelligent or comment on posts. Had a busy day with Nelson's best friend and his mother (started at 830 with TKD- finished at 5). Was fun. brunch, park, playing in the yard, swimming, riding bikes, more swimming, playing inside. They were soooo cute dressing up in old role play stuff, arresting each other and putting out fires! I love the immagination of 6 year olds!!! And the laughter. Wish I could bottle it. Nelson was bathed and passed out in bed by 8. I went at 930. (maybe that's my problem)

I think I need my unfill, filled back. Can eat too much. That's also got me feeling punky. On monday, DH and I are going to Nels' school to have lunch with him. He is really excited about it! Then off to the gym together- made DH promise me. Tuesday is my interview for the NP job at the VIM (volunteers in medicine clinic) in the afternoon. Get to meet the founder. Everyone that knows us both- says we will get along fabulously! One of kids was in the peace corps I heard,and he has a soft spot for previous volunteers. Then will set up domr locum tenens work (per diem/temp) for NPs. I am ready to get back in the trenches. I will still be the classroom mom and do that too. I actually get MORE done when I have a schedule. I sort of spin around when I have too much time on my hands. Seems odd even as I write it. Don't get me wrong- I do A LOT of stuff daily- just get more done when I am on task.

Now I am getting tired and a HOT FLASH. Trying some natural herbs and such. (soy, herbs, etc.) Thinking I might need some lowdose hormones (patch) or something. The not sleeping is NOT tolerable.

I promise tomorrow I will write more to individuals. HUGS.

Good Morning Peeps

Hugs for our sleepless ones ;0) Linda Julie Melissa & Laura

Linda - If it wasn't for my DIL my DS would be up a creek..

Hugs - I know just how you feel (OMG we are alike) I have enjoyed my time alone this weekend - I love Andrew to death but can't wait till he can move out - his only 19 and a pt job isn't going to cut it for rent - but I look forward to the day - I don't have the added responsiblities of having him live here..

So I really hear you on SDD and being stuck w/GD all the time (even though I know you love her (GD) like I love GS)

Melissa - I thought that that your employer has to pay 65% of your corba if you got laid off??

Laura - Great pic's of Nelson

Julie - Sorry for the pain - they will help you - yes think postitive..

Well it's almost time for me to get ready for they gym

been up since 5 have the house vacuumed - kitchen cleaned - bed made - bills ready for the 1st -

CBL

Melissa, I hope you start to feel well enough to try to look for another job -- it's really hard when you're so sick. Remember what Cheri said -- maybe reach out and ask for some assistance from church -- or some other agency. Have you started getting your unemployment? Have you checked to see how much it would cost to get your own policy instead of cobra? Can your DH get coverage at his job -- you can sign up mid year if you can show change of situation - and your being laid off is a definite change of situation.

Linda

I have been applying for jobs everyday. Almost all companies want you to apply online instead of in person. My husband owns his own small business so I carry the insurance. I am going to get approx 250 a week when my unemployment starts. My last paycheck will be the 30th I have to stretch it as much as I can. I have not gone to a church because we do not belong to one.

Melissa - I thought that that your employer has to pay 65% of your corba if you got laid off??

CBL

My employer had such crappy insurance that we have to pay a 500 ded for any procedures not in office and our copay never went towards the ded like our other insurance did for my whole famile for medical, dental and vision is $1301 and just for medical only is $1154 a month that is for the 3 of us. My DH has started talking about cutting unessary items like lower cell bill, cutting tv and stuff plus we are paying for back taxes this totally sucks

So glad to see merry is healing so well.

Congrats Janet on the opportunity to represent all of us. Good luck.

Welcome Marie, glad to her your doing well on the plan. Just jump in and tell us about yourself.

I have been reading since friday. My teachers have all posted their reading assignments for the first week of class. Gonna take a break though in a minute and start week 3 of my 5k training.

Jacobs bowel issue improves and then goes to pot. Right now we are in the "goes to pot stage". The doc said I could adjust his dose of lactulose how I see fit so I increased it 3 ml. 15 is too much and 10 is not enough. He still has accidents at home but hasn't had any at school. Thankfully. It is always about 4 so I am gonna watch him more closely around that time. The doc said it could take years to correct. I feel so bad for him.

Well, I am off to do week 3 of c25k. Have a great week. Hope I will have time to check in but if not just know that it's school work keeping me busy.

I AM fostering a new puppy! This one is a real one--male chihuahua about 1 year. I named him Migo (Mee-go), short for Amigo. Also, "me goes here, me goes there;" he is not neutered and does the sprinkle thing. I have him wearing 1/2 a sanitary pad inside of a bandana and tied around the offending part. haha Speaking of puppies, I have lost interest in my other "puppy" and the next time he calls, I will have him "euthanized." The attention was fun; and then it wasn't.

OK, honest talk about Plastic surgery--if y'all had the time (retirement) to get things done and healed and had the disposable money so it did not affect how you lived or saved---YOU WOULD DO IT TOO!! haha Undergarments work--but then, I don't have to wear any! nah-nah-nah-nah-nah

OK--here is a proposition that I would like to make. I believe that what you think about, what you talk about, COMES about. So, I am asking Janet to pick out ONE day soon, and there will be NO complaints of any kind on this board! It might make us see how we lean that way. Be positive! Be grateful! Share the blessings--and we do have them. For example, our friends right here. One day! Janet, what do you think.....?

Good Morning Peeps

Hugs for our sleepless ones ;0) Linda Julie Melissa & Laura

Linda - If it wasn't for my DIL my DS would be up a creek..

Hugs - I know just how you feel (OMG we are alike) I have enjoyed my time alone this weekend - I love Andrew to death but can't wait till he can move out - his only 19 and a pt job isn't going to cut it for rent - but I look forward to the day - I don't have the added responsiblities of having him live here..

So I really hear you on SDD and being stuck w/GD all the time (even though I know you love her (GD) like I love GS)

Laura - Great pic's of Nelson

Julie - Sorry for the pain - they will help you - yes think postitive..

Well it's almost time for me to get ready for they gym

been up since 5 have the house vacuumed - kitchen cleaned - bed made - bills ready for the 1st -

CBL

Janet, I don't know if your Andrew is in good health, but the military really grows them up. Two of mine went in at the same time......yes I worried and prayed for them, but in six weeks.......talk about boot camp.....they had a whole new respect for everything...especially parents. They have lots of good memories and stories about the military, and made friends with people all over the states. For them.....it was the right decision.

Judy, I agree about the PS. I want to get my tummy done when I lose another 50lbs. I would love to get rid of my turkey neck. Right now I am considering going to get a consult on injection fillers for the lines around my mouth. My family dr has a medical spa. I forgot the name of the stuff they use for fillers, but she doesn't have any lines around her mouth. I am just thinking about it now.

No baby yet! I guess she is holding out till everyone is busy.

Hugs! for everyone today!!

JB, I think last Thanksgiving I got a gratitude thing going on here. How about we just start now? At least we could state one thing we are grateful for before we go off on other topics. I would hate to deny someone who really needs to vent the opportunity to do so. Virtual hugs from our friends on here can really be helpful.

Today, I am grateful for air-conditioning. That I have it and that I can pay for it.

Did I tell you guys that I joined another choir? It does more traditional classical Christian music (think Handel's Messiah) but some is actually African-American (Elijah Rock), some is contemporary (Rutter's God be in my Head), some is like Gregorian chant.

Lots of parts and harmonies playing with each other. Difficult music to read. It's been a long time since I've sight read music that complex, and very challenging. I normally sing alto but I wanted to challenge myself and stretch my voice and my range and sing in my upper register so I'm doing soprano. Can't hit that high A yet but I can do a G once I'm warmed up. The choir is supposed to tour Austria, Germany and Czechoslovakia in late June early July. Taking a close look at our finances to see if we can swing it, but expenses are around $3500. Still, it might be the only chance I'll ever get to go to even part of Europe.

Still doctoring. Trying to find out why my Calcium is high. Had to collect my urine for 24 hrs. That was fun.

Kids start with me tomorrow. Gotta get to school extra early to make sure I've got something to do with each group as they come. I've also got parents wanting to schedule after school private tutoring with me. I've gotta make sure I don't schedule too much and burn myself out. So, don't know how much you'll hear from me this week.

Too hot to go outside. Might just take a little nap.

Cheri

Good Evening Gang...

Well went to gym @ 9 - did 1 hr turbo kick boxing and then my Pilos class got cancelled - (teacher sick) so the girl (Michelle) said if enough pple stayed she would do body lift (working w/bar weights) so I stayed - but I did weights yesterday and my legs are sore and I do weights tomorrow (arms) but I stayed and did it - couldnt give legs 100% but moved - so 2 hrs in the gym - came home showered and went an did my weekend shopping for food - have chicken Soup on the stove..

Watch Brooklyn's Finest - GREAT MOVIE !!!!

Never got ironing done ;0) - Have jury duty tomorrow - ck it this morning and I have to report - it says 8 but you gotta be there early to find parking..

I love the peace and quite of the house.. Just me and my zoo - they are feed (bella has pooped outside) haven't found any in the house - so I think she's getting it ;0)...

Judy - I think that saying what we are thankful for is great - but it might be a day that pple need to vent - I hear you about what you are saying - but I don't look at us complaining all the time - heck most of our post are about what we did for the day - or maybe didn't do (like eat healthy or not get the ironing done) So Tuesday -When Apples and Great come back - It will be - What are you thankful for tuesday..

Hugs Melissa - $500 ded I have that and my co pays don't go towards my ded - I think I have $5000 out of pocket then insurance covers 100% - now a days most pple have that kind of policies - cuz health insurance cost so much - My employer gives us $500 towards our health insurance a month - that's how much my policy is - I think I pay a little to have 80% instead of 70% covered.. I know that for pple who have families covered under their policies they pay about what you are.. Have you looked in to a small business policy under your husbands business. Hugs on the money issues - hopefully you will find a job soon..

Charlene - Andrew has club foot - so he can't serve - I would push it otherwise..

Cheri - I can't sing a note - wish I could - but I sound good in my car :0)

Jessica - Can DS wear huggies (the big boy kind) to school - that would be aweful for him to have an accident at school ..

Well gang I am going to go read - cbl