Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

I'm here to help...

Beef is the one meat I have always been able to eat...really haven't PB's on it like I do chicken. Of course the natural, no hormone, no antibiotic meat is what I'm striving for, but haven't got to that place yet. Still trying to clear out my freezer.

Party was good, we left around 10:30 and slept in this morning. Met our new neighbor and "shared" houses. He is just starting to fix up his place. Now I'm finishing up chores and still packing and organizing. Have to take everything but the kitchen sink you know.

I'll check in again later.

Eva

Somebody stop me! QVC is having 5 easy payments on everything today. I just bought some make up. I love Laura Gueller Now, Judith Ripka silver is on......oh dear!

I ate a salad for lunch. We ate a a BBQ place. I am so proud of eating healthy there. They had a lot of homemade Desserts and we resisted. Just finished eating an apple. I have to get my walk in today. It is over a hundred right now so I will wait till the sun goes down. Tootles!

Arlene - 100 here too and I will also wait until after 9 pm to walk. But we will DO IT.

Laura,

I'm just getting back from my girl's weekend -- got home earlier and took my DH and kids to dinner for Father's Day. Very excited to get to meet you -- do call me and give me an update tomorrow afternoon so I can plan what time to leave. Have a safe trip, hope the weather is good. See ya tomorrow!!!

Linda

Hi

Thanks for all the good travel wishes.

Lori, we will most likely be hitting SLC on Wed. That is a bummer, you will be leaving as we are getting there.

Linda, Looks like Des Moines on Mon. going to leave here 6 or 7 a.m. Things were up in the air as the moving co kept changing the dates. Called yesterday and said they couldn't pic up today it would be monday, called today and said it would be tomorrow. They have to pay her $200 because they can't meet there obligation. They better be here at 8 like they said, my nieces grad party is tomorrow and I've been cooking up a storm and need to be there early. I will call you when we are getting close, going to get reservation made tomorrow so I can tell you were we will be. It's a 10 hr drive, figuring more for stops. That will give you and estimate on arrival.

Hope to see you monday.

LauraK

Good evening, reporting in, I went for my walk. First one around my new neighborhood. We went snooping too into houses that are under construction but were unlocked. First time wearing those new shaper shoes. I got the Target cheap-o version.

yeah, I can handle the heat in August (lived there 2 years plus was there last year in August), but I won't have any vacation time in August so can't go then. The Oct. 1 date was fine with me. I'm a definite YES for the Oct. 1 date.

I thought I hit the quote button but I guess I didn't. LOL.

Linda

Edited by ljv52

So, have we decided on a hotel? I've never been to Vegas. So I've no clue what to look for in a hotel. Water is always fun. I'm not a gambler so that part doesn't appeal to me. Just seeing the sights would be interesting. And seeing all of you.

Lady, congrats on onederland.

What happened to our OA posters? food addiction is a very real problem that I know is going to plague me the rest of my life. It astonishes me how many bad-for-me foods I can still overeat with the band. Two parties two days in a row. Back on high Protein, low carb tomorrow.

My chicken quesadillas turned out great and were a big hit judging by how many disappeared. And they're so simple. The flour burrito wraps I used didn't make me pb either. Tortilla chips and salsa, guacamole, sour cream as appetizers, sides, and Condiments for the quesadillas. Had jalapeno peppers and diced green chile peppers people could put on, too. Plus I had some leftover baby shrimp from yesterday's party on a bed of reduced fat cream cheese with shrimp sauce over it. Mini-chocolate eclairs for dessert.

I'm going to have to make that for family get-togethers more often.

Ken's kids got there by 2:15 and stayed till 8:15. I also got up early to dust the house and clean the kitchen counters, sang in both services, and came home and cleaned the patio furniture and pull some weeds from around the patio so we could sit out there if the weather cooperated. We ate indoors but then gravitated outdoors. I usually get a lot of help from Ken, but he'd worked the midnight shift, came home and cleaned all the floors, and then slept till just before they came. So I set out the food myself while he chatted with his kids and cooked the quesadillas. I feel like Apples. Or Julie. Now I've got to go to bed. Gotta get up early to teach tomorrow.

Hope everyone else had a nice Father's Day.

Cheri

Laura,

I'm just getting back from my girl's weekend -- got home earlier and took my DH and kids to dinner for Father's Day. Very excited to get to meet you -- do call me and give me an update tomorrow afternoon so I can plan what time to leave. Have a safe trip, hope the weather is good. See ya tomorrow!!!

Linda

I will give you a call in the afternoon. We are staying at Days Inn close to I80. Room is booked, should be a 10 hr drive but with stops I know it will be longer. We hope to get there by 6 or 7pm as we will be leaving here between 6 & 7am. Can't wait.

Laura K

I will give you a call in the afternoon. We are staying at Days Inn close to I80. Room is booked, should be a 10 hr drive but with stops I know it will be longer. We hope to get there by 6 or 7pm as we will be leaving here between 6 & 7am. Can't wait.

Laura K

HAVE A safe trip! Hope to meet you on WEd in SLC! Do you have a hotel here yet??

Hi again everyone. Just a quick note - OMG I shopped till I dropped. Had a great time -- I am shopping deprived living here in small town USA and then usually when I go to the "city" I have my DH with me and I don't like shopping with him hanging around.

Ran into fabulous sales -- I don't know what the occasion was but I got absolute steals on everything I bought (so I bought lots of course). I'm thrilled with my dress for the wedding -- on sale at Younkers from $178 -- with the sale and the coupon for an extra 20% off I only had to pay $39.99 for it. Even DH's mouth dropped open when I showeed him the original tag and then the receipt. It's purple with ruffles all around -- reminds me of the flapper dresses from the 1920s, I got another kind of casual dress at TJ Maxx -- a light weight dress on sale for $22 which I can wear to the rehearsal dinner - also can wear it to work after the wedding. I bought about 6 new tops (lost track), even got shoes and jewelry for the wedding all on sale - the sales were just incredible. Seriously, I spent less month on all the clothes than I thought I'd have to spend just on a dress. So I went a little crazy, but I needed them and I've worked hard so I deserve them! DH didn't seem to mind and it is so much fun to shop.

My gf we stayed with is a beautician and she layered my hair -- looks better -- I wish my beautician had suggested it -- it makes a big difference.

Maybe if we call Desert Rose Resort we can find out if there's two bedroom units available for Oct. 1 weekend -- the first time I checked there was availability and then like 10 mins. later there wasn't so I'm wondering if the website if maybe screwy or something. I'd love the Monte Carlo - I adore lazy rivers -- sounds great to me.

I'll be meeting LauraK and her DD tomorrow so I'll take pics. Can't wait.

Joyce congrats on ONEDERLAND - that is terrific and a great accomplishment. Enjoy your moment -- great feeling isn't it?

Janet, wtg on the gym - I made it there M, W and F and thought I might go this afternoon but got home too late.

Arlene congrats on another 2 llbs. I don't usually eat beef either -- mostly chicken and fish --but I'm eating a little more now than before. How do you find out your resting metabolic rate?

Cheri, your garden sounds lovely -- we have had tons of rain -- corn is already much higher than usually is. Should be an early harvest for corn this year.

Laura welcome home -- sounds like you and Nelson had a fun day. Hope you can make it to Vegas too.

Eva, can't remember when you're leaving but have a fun and safe trip.

Lori, congrats on joining the gym. Hope it makes you feel better to know that my gym membership is about $700 for two years and it's very small with no pool and no classes - just basic gym equipment and weights. It's all we have here in my small town (except for an ancient YMCA which has only 1 working treadmill and NO ellipticals -- and it's $240 per year for that but there is an indoor pool but they stopped doing Water aerobics except for an afternoon class three days a week. SO it's ridiculous trying to exercise here. Costs an absolute fortune.

I'll CBL.

Linda

HAVE A safe trip! Hope to meet you on WEd in SLC! Do you have a hotel here yet??

Hope to see you Wed in SLC also. No we don't have a room booked yet, kind of playing it by ear yet. We will be careful, thanks for the safe thoughts.

LauraK

10/1 Friday to Sunday 10/3 - Vegas is about 4-5 hr drive for me - I would get there around 1 ish and I would want to leave Sunday like 9 ish cuz I have to work on Monday..

Well gang - I have way too many clothes !!!! I am not shopping do you hear me no more clothes shopping.. I have a bag started for good will (don't have anyone my size to give them too)..

Earl will drop me off in my pjs, and with my blankie, at 7a.m.!!

HAHAHA!!

Yeah, right... NO MORE SHOPPING!!! Okay, Janet!

We'll see how long that lasts! LOL

Good Morning Friends........... I haven't got much time as the kids are coming for lunch......DH is grilling hamburgers and hotdogs...... I haven't had time to catch up on the posts but wanted you to know that I made it through all my events and commitments and am now unburdened except for DD's wedding..... and that's in October..... My new medication is making life a bit easier in that my pain hasn't hit the crying stage for about a week now.... Hurray!!!!!! Hope you all have a great day and enjoy the dear men in you life........ Talk to you all later... Hugs........ Julie

YAY!! You can take a LONG DEEP BREATH!

Glad to hear the pain level has backed off a little!

Beef - I ate it a lot while losing, lots of grilled burgers (extra lean) and steak. I get the filets like Phyl at costco and freeze them in individual portions. DH has lots of deer and elk meat from all his hunting last fall so he grills himself that and then for me one of my filets. It will be fun to do now too as he got a nice new grill for Fathers day at Costco yesterday.

Vegas, I will probably look for a flight late morning to noon time or so. As soon as we are set, I am going to look at booking a cheap airfare and coming confirmed vs standby.

Hail - as you all know my car was totaled. Well we got the estimates from the insurance on the house now too. Over $10K in damages to roof, gutters, screens, etc. Now we have to co ordinate all those repairs from here with new owners in the house as the insurance will only work with us. Fun fun!

Yes, I love those filets... they're so nice and tender. I cut in to tiny bites. Had one either last night or the night before...

House repairs... doesn't sound like much fun!

Beef is the one meat I have always been able to eat...really haven't PB's on it like I do chicken. Of course the natural, no hormone, no antibiotic meat is what I'm striving for, but haven't got to that place yet. Still trying to clear out my freezer.

Party was good, we left around 10:30 and slept in this morning. Met our new neighbor and "shared" houses. He is just starting to fix up his place. Now I'm finishing up chores and still packing and organizing. Have to take everything but the kitchen sink you know. I'll check in again later. Eva

I have a hard time with chicken, too, and it's one of my favorite things... I could live on seafood and chicken! But.. these days, I only do dark meat, and not very often, and it has to be moist.

Somebody stop me! QVC is having 5 easy payments on everything today. I just bought some make up. I love Laura Gueller Now, Judith Ripka silver is on......oh dear!

I ate a salad for lunch. We ate a a BBQ place. I am so proud of eating healthy there. They had a lot of homemade desserts and we resisted. Just finished eating an apple. I have to get my walk in today. It is over a hundred right now so I will wait till the sun goes down. Tootles!

You need a special TV remote or something... sort of like my cookie jar... Did I tell this story before??? WE have a policeman cookie jar and if you lift the lid it literally shouts, "STOP!! Move AWAY from the cookie jar!" Was there someone here who said they were addicted to Cookies? ?? I should send it to them because we never buy cookies! So you maybe need a remote that shouts at you if you tune to QVC.... "STOP! Turn the channel NOW!!"

We went to BBQ place after church, too... with DD & SIL & 3 grandkids... 4,7,8 yrs old. I wasn't as good as you were..I ordered pulled pork w/potato salad and baked Beans. Took half the meat home with me but ate the beans and salad, except for the things I picked out of the salad. This salad had THREE things in it that I DON"T LIKE.... dill pickles, green olives and black olives! But.... nothing to eat tonight except for about 1 oz of white cheese with my glass of wine.

Arlene - 100 here too and I will also wait until after 9 pm to walk. But we will DO IT.

I would take 100 degrees in a heartbeat right now! Clouds, rain, cold.... "JUNUARY".... have made me pretty depressed this past week and coming week doesn't look much better!

So, have we decided on a hotel? I've never been to Vegas. So I've no clue what to look for in a hotel. Water is always fun. I'm not a gambler so that part doesn't appeal to me. Just seeing the sights would be interesting. And seeing all of you.

My chicken quesadillas turned out great and were a big hit judging by how many disappeared. And they're so simple. The flour burrito wraps I used didn't make me pb either. Tortilla chips and salsa, guacamole, sour cream as appetizers, sides, and Condiments for the quesadillas. Had jalapeno peppers and diced green chile peppers people could put on, too. Plus I had some leftover baby shrimp from yesterday's party on a bed of reduced fat cream cheese with shrimp sauce over it. Cheri

Quesadillas sound wonderful! What else to do in Vegas????? SHOP!! I want to check out the mall I hear people talk about!

Had 1/2 hr visit with the dog... Bella... decided she is not the right dog for us. Very skittish. She finally got to where she would take a treat from the palm of my hand, but she wouldn't let me touch her. She was starting to let DH scratch her under her chin... but that's it. We're looking for another Gigi (DD's dog), and this was definitely no Gigi! Beautiful dog though... and just the right size for us. But.. she would be facing new situations and different people constantly while we're traveling, and all those outside parties at the RV park... and we didn't think she'd adapt well to that lifestyle. It seems like she's been extremely traumatized. And we found out that the reason her owners surrendered her was because she bit one of their kids. She tried to bite DH when she first got there.. because he didn't know better and he reached for her. I'll just keep watching the paper and the internet sites.

I have to give DH kudos, though, because even though he still says he does NOT want a dog... but I can have one if I take care of it, he went out of his way to try to make up to this dog... to the point of sitting down on the floor at Petco to get down to her level.... in his "Sunday pants" and got dog hair all over himself because we were in an area where they do dog training classes! And he tried and tried to get the dog to come to him. She would take treats from him, and a couple from me, but she obviously preferred him. But I don't know how we would've even got her home or dealt with her for the next few days until she decided she would trust us because she absolutely would not let us approach and never would've let us pick her up. A far contrast from Gigi who races across the room when she gets here and leaps in to my lap, and then DH's! Wish I could clone her!! LOL

Phyl, do you think perhaps if that dog got home to your home and used to you it would be better? I can't imagine being that poor puppy in Petco around all the strange surroundings and people and not being skittish. But the fact it bit someone would be concerning. Poor baby, I hope it finds a home or warms up to people so they can fall in love with him/her. You'll find the right dog I am sure.

Arlene, DH is going to be in Houston tomorrow. I thought of tagging along but he's only going to be there about 3 hours so I am not coming. Hopefully next time he has to go there (he has both airports there) I can tag along.

Phyl, do you think perhaps if that dog got home to your home and used to you it would be better? I can't imagine being that poor puppy in Petco around all the strange surroundings and people and not being skittish. But the fact it bit someone would be concerning. Poor baby, I hope it finds a home or warms up to people so they can fall in love with him/her. You'll find the right dog I am sure.

Yeah, the Petco surroundings totally freaked her out. And she would have eventually warmed up to us... but, she's going to continue to be skittish in new situations, and when we're on the road... it's new situations every time we stop! And the biting was very concerning. And they said she "alert barks"... not sure of the extent of that, but living in a condo part of the year, and RV park.. we have to be sensitive to the barking issue. But if we weren't RVers, it might work.

Arlene, DH is going to be in Houston tomorrow. I thought of tagging along but he's only going to be there about 3 hours so I am not coming. Hopefully next time he has to go there (he has both airports there) I can tag along.

I live about 30 minutes from Hobby and an hour+ from the International. Let me know next time. I would love to see you.

Did you get anything from QVC yesterday? I just bought makeup.

Well, switching to a few carbs has wiped out my loss this week. Gotta go heavy on Protein this week to show loss.

I hope everyone has a good Monday!