Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

I'm here to help...

Love the clothes Apples - I need that guy !!! $5 buck a piece ya I would have given him more too - wtg..

ok gang - dinner's done - going to go watch tv and eat

Jessica where are you - Melissa - how are you doing

Charlene - yes imho you need to eat real food - this is a lifestyle change and you have to learn to eat real food in moderation and 12 weeks is enough to get you weened from your drug of choice phyiscally - but as I usually say - the majority of our food issues are in our heads and not our stomachs..

Hugs everyone !!!!

OMW...do I look that old, Laura? One of those "boys" is my DH and the other my oldest (26 at the time)

Nope you don't, your DH just looks young. Told yah I'm lookin older and younger. lol

Janet...not wanting to do an avatar photo until the dental work is completed. 3 hours in the chair tomorrow. Right side prep for caps...upper and lower back.

Do you know how much I admire you for doing boot camp? That's really something for a chick "older" than me! LOL...sorry...had to say it

Karen, how much weight have you lost total? You look great, before and after !!!

Hello Everyone!!

So today I got up at 5:30am....(YUCK) and headed to Rochester for my 3 hour nutrition class... really didnt learn too much I didnt already know. A few good things but nothing outstanding as I had hoped. Asked a few questions... My hubby went with me. I think it made him more worried than he was before but I was able to re aasure him that everything will be okay.

I then had to have MORE blood work done, EKG, Chest Xray, and Urine analisis.

I wont lie im kinda tired of being poked and pinched and proded and put under the mirco scope but in the same respect I understand its all necessary and I'd much rather be safe than sorry.

All in all this has been a really ''quick'' process for me. I started 02/10 and I have surgery 06/28.

I was down another 12 pounds since my last visit (13 days ago) so I wont lie... I treated myself with pizza for dinner tonight...feeling a little guilty...but not too worried.

I Hope you all had a fantastic day! Sorry if im ''venting'' just think im getting anxious about surgery.... 13 days to go!

Nope you don't, your DH just looks young. Told yah I'm lookin older and younger. lol

Let me know when you're comin' through...I'll lock up the young'uns:biggrin:

Karen, how much weight have you lost total? You look great, before and after !!!

I lost 136 total.

So sorry about EX issues. You gotta dump how your are feeling and there is always someone here to listen, PJ.

Thanks for the compliments on the pics. I really am very happy to feel so great.

Good evening, goodness you guys were busy this afternoon and evening!

Apples, beautiful clothes, wish I had a store like that near me. Happy 2 yrs! I feel a special bond with you since we started this journey with our surgeries at the same time. I can't believe the difference in your before and now picture. Having met you at goal weight, you don't look like you were ever overweight.

Charlene, good luck at the dr tomorrow. Don't worry about the scale, you know how good you are doing, sometimes the body just doesn't show it.

PJ, hugs to what a difficult situation after 41 yrs of marriage. You're darn right you deserve half that! Keep posting and back away from the fridge!

Janet, great job on boot camp again. You are my exercise hero!

Julie, I too hope I didn't offend you with my comments. I get what you are saying about it hurting either way, my knee was like that. I just worry about you and want you to get better.

LauraK, hoping to see you on your way through SLC!

Apples, don't worry I won't be heading that far north. they are safe.

Great Hope it works out too.

LauraK

Kurby...wow...great going on the weightloss. Even after the band...we all treat ourselves once in awhile. One thing I like now is that I never think of any one food as a "bad" food....as long as you eat it in moderation and it works into your caloric intake for the day.

Great...thanks for the comments. And, yes, I feel like we have been through this together EVERY step of the way. Do you know how excited I was that day when we met? We had been through a lot together and I was finally going to meet you. We were lucky to have each other cuz our Junies group never really did take off like I was hoping. But, we were lucky to have our resident experienced banders on this thread.

That store is selling out..did I mention that?

Good Morning Gang...

PJ - Hugs Hugs Hugs - yep you deserve it 1/2 - you deserve to be healthy too - so you can spend the $$$ ;0)

Anny - prior to the band I could teach nutrition - I knew it all but never put it into practice - now w/my band I am making the lifestyle change. WTG on your weight loss..

Apples - you look younger - I guess I just can't imagine you that heavy... You look so beautiful

Great - what's on the calendar today - how's the house going - what happen on the car..

Charlene - good luck at the doc today - on farm you can go to 90 now ;0)

Well off to the shower - work here I come = cbl

Thanks Janet...I have those moments when I think my face really looks old. But then I have to remember my age. The fat filled out all the wrinkles and now I am deflated. I started my weight gain at the age of 38. Prior to that I was the weight I am now. Guess I couldn't expect to have have the same 38 yr old face reappear? Why not? Oh, why not? LOL

I'm on my way out the door. Blocking out thinking of my 3 hour time in the dentists chair this morning. Just focusing on fun and relaxation at the resort I will be staying at the next couple of days. Looking forward to seeing some old friends. Just hope they look a hell of a lot older than me....I'm bad.

Thanks Janet...I have those moments when I think my face really looks old. But then I have to remember my age. The fat filled out all the wrinkles and now I am deflated. I started my weight gain at the age of 38. Prior to that I was the weight I am now. Guess I couldn't expect to have have the same 38 yr old face reappear? Why not? Oh, why not? LOL

I'm on my way out the door. Blocking out thinking of my 3 hour time in the dentists chair this morning. Just focusing on fun and relaxation at the resort I will be staying at the next couple of days. Looking forward to seeing some old friends. Just hope they look a hell of a lot older than me....I'm bad.

I hear you on how we look in our minds eye we are younger looking - but I know I do look better than some of my freinds - ;0) or at least just as good ;0) We are beautiful - just don't use a magnafying mirror and don't put on the glasses then we can't see the wrinkles :0) !!!!

Safe trip-Hugs on dentist - sending good thoughts..

xoxox

Good morning!

Apples, hugs on you in that dental chair today. You are going to look younger with those white teeth! I loved your comment on seeing the folks at the resort and hoping they look older. LOL It's been interesting moving back to UT after 9 yrs. I have seen a few folks I used to know from when I lived here before and yes they all look older. LOL Of course, in my minds eyes I still look the same only thinner. LOL But my mom reminds me how much older I look now that I've lost weight my 'face is drawn'. WTH??? But as you say it's deflated instead of filled with fat and I'll take that anyday. Enjoy your time at the resort!

DH is in Phoenix today just for the day, I thought of tagging along but he's not even leaving the airport, so I will stay home and supervise the concrete guys. They are coming today I think to put in the forms for our new backyard patio and pouring the concrete tomorrow. DH didn't reconfirm when he left but I am pretty sure it's today.

Janet, the car is a 'total loss' and they called yesterday and left a message regarding the settlement details but when DH called back they had left for the day. Hoping they connect today but doubtful with DH being out of town. DH wants to keep the car if the settlement is decent and I want to take the settlement and get a new one. He says what difference does it make if it is going to be the car he drives back and forth to work, which is true I guess. We can still licnese it as long as it passes safety and emissions which it should, just need to replace the mirrors on it that were shattered. Still awaiting word from the adjuster in CO regarding the damage to the roof/house there.

Anny, I hear you on feeling so poked and prodded before surgery. I felt that way too. I went to my seminar to have surgery in April and then got all my preops done and had surgery in June 08 so very quick as well, i was self pay so didn't have to wait for insurance approvals. But it's so worth it in the end. I think docs are extra careful due to the fact the surgery is more or less considered elective. heck when I had my gall bladder out it was like in and out and no preops just a blood test, nothing like the band.

Good Morning Gang...

PJ - Hugs Hugs Hugs - yep you deserve it 1/2 - you deserve to be healthy too - so you can spend the $$$ ;0)

Anny - prior to the band I could teach nutrition - I knew it all but never put it into practice - now w/my band I am making the lifestyle change. WTG on your weight loss..

Apples - you look younger - I guess I just can't imagine you that heavy... You look so beautiful

Great - what's on the calendar today - how's the house going - what happen on the car..

Charlene - good luck at the doc today - on farm you can go to 90 now ;0)

Well off to the shower - work here I come = cbl

Oh, thanks on the farm info! Gets me charged up again. Well, Janet, I turned on QVC and guess what.....one of my favorite jewelry is on.......Artisan Crafted. They have an awesome ring for the today's special....yep, I bought it. They are almost sold out. I have gone from a 9 to a 6. I need a ring because all of mine are too big except for my anniversary ring I got 20 years ago. I better change the channel before I go bankrupt. The Artisan is on for two hrs. I just love their stuff.

Okay, peeps, I am off to weigh. I don't think the ticker will change. I double my exercise and my body is rebelling. That's okay, it will change next week or when I Dr. Davis on Friday. Later gang!

You guys have been soooo busy! Fly by from NC. Dad had the PET scan on Monday and the results should be in ANY hour. We are all a bunch of nerves. Dad looks good though and has more energy and can wall around without cane or wheelchair. I have been busy helping my mom and watching Nelson. DH has been AWESOME at everything. He is the best. He has been fixing things, tweaking computers and electronics and visiting with my Dad. I have been ok with food this trip. Doing shakes ALWAYS for Breakfast. That helps. ok guys. Promise to catch up one day. HUGS to you all. Know that I miss you. xoxoxoxo Laura peasout!!!