Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

I'm here to help...

Janet,

Your trainer has really been fouling up your mood. You can't argue with people who are convinced they are right. He simply doesn't understand the nature of addiction. Yes, you've done the work. But you'd done the work before many times and hadn't succeeded on a long term basis. The band is like walking around with a constant affirmation that you can do it. It also provides constant reinforcement that eating too much hurts.

Work with the band and we succeed on a level we didn't achieve before. We know what it did for us. We don't have to prove it to anyone. Don't let him get under your skin. It might drive you back into the food. He's an arrogant ass. And you are a woman who knows the value of using the tools God gave us, including the band and your support group.

Cheri

Good morning~

Will have to do a bit of a flyby. Janet, I also took time away from fb and lbt. We went to bed at 9pm last night. I was just so exhausted. It felt good to wake up at 515 refreshed. I made myself get dressed in gym clothes. Again, don't feel like going.... but I am going. Not sure WHY I don't feel like going. I wish I could get the exercise bug like many of you have. I think I need to rehire a trainer. I know I did MUCH better when I had one.

I will have time to chitchat this afternoon. DH is on call Fri, Sat and Sun.peasout............ Laura

<echo echo echo> Hello? Anybody there? I am the soloist today!

Check out the google home page today if you haven't... Pacman anniversary!

Went to the gym.. 30 min on threadmill and 30 min weights. Felt a little more ummmppphhh today. : )

Laura, I felt that way this week to, so I think sometimes we are just totally exhausted and I think it's okay to just go back to bed and rest when that happens. As long as it doesn't happen every week. I got up at 5 this a.m. and went to the gym and I found that after the two days of rest that I had even more energy than usual, so I think that resting can be a good thing. Especially if you're at TOM!

Cheri, love your honesty -- you hit the nail on the head -- he's an arrogant ass - exactly. Not sure why he has to argue with Janet though -- he should just give her the credit she deserves.

Judy, wtg on your new attitude - love it and love hearing all the OA information - you and Candice please keep the info flowing. Candice, welcome to our group -- had forgotten to welcome you yesterday. Glad you're here.

Have another busy weekend planned -- tomorrow need to get nails done, having lunch with some friends, then a graduation party and an Uppercase party (and no, we still haven't gotten the ones I got at the last party up yet). Grrrrr. Hopefully Sunday will be quiet.

DH has to have a hernia removed June 15. There's always something going on, I swear!

Joyce, hope you had a great massage and fun with your grandson.

Lori, that information from your doctor is a bit worrisome -- I better behave -- sometimes I do feel like I push it too. Thanks for sharing that. Gosh a week from now you'll be in your new home -- how fast that all happened. Your new house looks great -- love that "open" floor plan and high ceilings. I would love a "new" home - I was jealous of DS and DIL bought a new home in Vegas -- so nice having everything new -- I've never had a "new" home. Maybe some day. LOL.

Jessica, sorry to hear about your injury -- that really sucks as you were really getting into a good exercise routine. But proud of you for still doing some upper body work -- wtg -- you're an inspiration!

Julie, hope you had a nice evening and are feeling better today, thinking of you!

Arlene, meant to tell you what a pretty lady you are -- so nice to have a face with the words -- not sure if I ever mentioned I lived in San Angelo for a couple of years -- in fact, my DS was born there -- really love the Texan people -- one of the happiest times of my life. I can still talk the drawl and when I read what you write I hear it that way too. LOL.

Well, better get some work done!

Have a great weekend everyone!

Linda

Edited by ljv52

Thanks Linda......you are a mighty pretty lady too! How's that for a Texas drawl. When I lived in Hawaii ( many moons ago) I worked hard on getting rid on that accent.....then I moved back and it only took about a month to pick it up again.

I walked today and plan to walk tonight. It is hot here...in the 90's so walking is early morning or late evening.

Hi Laura! How's the family! I don't have the exercise bug either. I just have a doctor that I check in with every two weeks. He questions me about my exercise......Ugh! Since I am not good at lying I have to walk and ride my bike. I know it is paying off.

Hello girls............... It is rather quiet today isn't it??? That's okay, it means everyone is out living their lives and that's a good thing.... Wish I could be out more.... But I do feel almost human today... Took some Tylenol a while ago for a little upper shoulder pain, but it feels better now.... I only gain half a pound back this morning... Wish it would stay that way... But my appetite is coming back more each day... going to try to curb it as best I can... I'd like to keep this loss or at least most of it towards the 20 I wanted to lose before DD's wedding..... We'll see....

Still working on Class reunion stuff... Others aren't cooperating so may just go ahead and make decisions on my own before long.... It's on June 19, so not much time anymore... Need some action.....

Judy, I'm so proud of you.... you rock... keep it up and you'll be back to where you were real soon...

Laura, good for you to get up and exercise even when not wanting to go.....

Linda you stay so busy, too... Sounds like you are enjoying your life alot these days... You, too, Joyce.... nice of you to see the man who was banded when you were....

Janet, do you have big plans for the weekend???? We have 2 graduation parties tomorrow and graduation for my nephew on Sunday..

We were supposed to be going to Ohio to help DS shingle his roof, but he called yesterday to say they have to cancel, but not why.... Said he'd call back today.... Don't know what that means. I always presume I did something to piss them off, but don't know what it could be at all................

Lori, it seems nothing is ever simple anymore... Good credit sometimes doesn't get you as much as bad..... Our bank refused us a loan to put up a storage unit building a few years ago, so we just did it ourselves... Later, the banker says to me, "I screwed up, didn't I?"..... I told him he sure did..... they learn slow... and this is a small town where they know us very well..... Don't worry, it will all work out... soon you will be comfortable in your new home and have forgotten all about it...... It's good your DH is home now to help with the stress levels....

Kids are ging to a Korn concert tonight in Bismarck so we have Mimi overnight.... She won't get here until 7:30 so will not be a problem for me... DH will be home... She just keeps him running constantly....

Well, I should struggle on with my paperwork... Talk to you all later.... Hugs......... Julie

Julie,

Sounds like you might be feeling just a little bit better. Good to see you posting again.

<echo echo echo> Hello? Anybody there? I am the soloist today!

Check out the google home page today if you haven't... Pacman anniversary!

Went to the gym.. 30 min on threadmill and 30 min weights. Felt a little more ummmppphhh today. : )

A few of us hanging around!

I hear you on the gym!! I tried to get there early enough to do wgts and recumbent bike before PT in the pool, but, not enough time. So I just went upstairs and did the wgts. By the time I finished in the pool, I was too tired to go back upstairs and ride the bike! First PT session in the pool I thought was wimpy! But... they ramped it up a bit when they saw I was a serious exerciser, and now I'm tired when I get out, and I work up a GOOD sweat! They turn up the jets the last few minutes and have me walk against the jets! That is tough! And they always tease me about my tan!

I got up at 5 this a.m. and went to the gym and I found that after the two days of rest that I had even more energy than usual, so I think that resting can be a good thing. Especially if you're at TOM!

UGH! I should get up earlier to get there first thing in the morning! If I didn't stay up until midnight, maybe I could!!

Cheri, love your honesty -- you hit the nail on the head -- he's an arrogant ass - exactly. Not sure why he has to argue with Janet though -- he should just give her the credit she deserves.

I AGREE!

Lori, that information from your doctor is a bit worrisome -- I better behave -- sometimes I do feel like I push it too. Thanks for sharing that.Well, better get some work done!Have a great weekend everyone! Linda

Yeah, that kinda scared me, too! I know I push it sometimes! Need to be more careful!!

I walked today and plan to walk tonight. It is hot here...in the 90's so walking is early morning or late evening.

Hi Laura! How's the family! I don't have the exercise bug either. I just have a doctor that I check in with every two weeks. He questions me about my exercise......Ugh! Since I am not good at lying I have to walk and ride my bike. I know it is paying off.

It's tough to get in the habit, isn't it?! I am realizing that by getting the PT referral from my doctor, and going to the PT facility at the gym I've been going to, it's helping me develop a good routine for exercise. They have me scheduled for twice a week PT in the pool. So I am doing some exercise each time... but if I just get up a little earlier, I can do the bike and wgt machines BEFORE PT. I did that on Tuesday and felt really good about it when it was done. Today I feel guilty because I screwed up and got here too late to do both. Yesterday wasn't a PT day, but DD and I went to the gym together... so have to see if we can do that on my non-PT days. She works, but only 2 days a week, and she works at the school, so in a few weeks she'll be done until the fall.

LauraK, when's the date? I forgot to ask about it? Has it happened or is it this weekend? Must tell us all about it. Where's Jodi these days?

Phyl, wtg on the exercise - I'm so impressed with your energy lately!!!

Linda

Edited by ljv52

All done with my filling in as church sec'y. It was actually kindda fun. I left by 1 on a couple of the days.

I know I posted a long post yesterday and then asked a question at the end. So I'll ask again. I was told I was deficient in Vit b1 and D. I know they said one of them caused troubles with sleeping, does anyone know which one? And also they gave me an RX for both, but if the RX's are costly are the over the counter Vitamins just as good if I get the same dosage?? Thanks to anyone that might know.

Well the moving van folks called today to confirm our dates for next week. They arrive 8am Wed to pack us up.

Mortgage company hasn't asked for anything new today. Whew! Am sure they are saving something for the last minute though, just for kicks. LOL

It's tough to get in the habit, isn't it?! I am realizing that by getting the PT referral from my doctor, and going to the PT facility at the gym I've been going to, it's helping me develop a good routine for exercise. They have me scheduled for twice a week PT in the pool. So I am doing some exercise each time... but if I just get up a little earlier, I can do the bike and wgt machines BEFORE PT. I did that on Tuesday and felt really good about it when it was done. Today I feel guilty because I screwed up and got here too late to do both. Yesterday wasn't a PT day, but DD and I went to the gym together... so have to see if we can do that on my non-PT days. She works, but only 2 days a week, and she works at the school, so in a few weeks she'll be done until the fall.

Wow! Phyl, sounds like you are really developing a habit. Good for you! I actually enjoy walking and the exercise bike, but I don't like to do Core exercises. I really need them because my back is so weak from this flabby abdomen.

Julie, happy partying this weekend. I have one GD graduating high school.

Great, I take 50,000 units of D in one pill.....once a week. It is not expensive so I would get it filled. I only had to buy ten. The PA told me to buy the B complex. I did get a B12 shot a few months ago......they make me gain weight.....I don't know why.....maybe it is cuz I eat too MUCH.lol

Graduation parties are calling to all of us. For us its a Grandson who plans to go to KU next year. Tomorrow afternoon.

Well, ladies, time for me to recommit too. Judy, I'm with you. Have held my loss in a stall @ 23 lbs. since March 25th (approx.). Time to shake things up.

Visited with a fellow bander at lunch, then stopped by the health food store to review my eating.

This is my pledge to myself:

1. Start journaling food again broken down Protein, carbs, calories.

2. Drink more Water & record amounts

3. Severely reduce daily mashed potatoes for lunch - to once on weekends.

4. Substitute water for 1/2 of skim milk in shakes for Breakfast to cut carbs.

5. Increase exercise & record.

I'm so close to onderland - now @ 201. Want to see those numbers change and loss continue toward goal.

Judy & all my friends - I'm with you.

Jessica - you have inspired by not allowing injury to stall your losses.

This group rocks.

Joyce

LOL, Arlene, thank you and yes, I could hear the drawl!! It's supposed to be high 80s here for the weekend -- only 68 for a high today -- can't wait!!

Linda

Joyce, just jump on the bandwagon to lose--there's room for all of us.

I am feeling a bit more hungry today. I am trying to drink Water when I "shouldn't" be hungry. I try to have 4 small eating episodes a day. Examples are: cottage cheese or small omelette or 3-4 oz steak, canned chicken or tuna, Protein Bar or drink, 3-4 oz fish. In between, coffee, water and Crystal Lite--Walmart has their own brand and the Grape and the Apple flavors are delicious!

Some of the ladies here have been very successful with moderation. If they have the strength to have one, bless them! I am not a sweetaholic, so if I have a piece of cake (at my nephew's wedding this summer), I won't go ballistic. Ice cream doesn't set me off either. But as an addict, there ARE some things that I cannot eat because I cannot and do not stop. So I declare abstinence and call on my Higher Power (which I call God) to guide me and show me what is right for me (his will). I give up trying to do it myself.

I am not trying to push OA on anyone! I hope this comes across as sharing. It is NOT Weight Watchers or Jenny Craig or any other weight loss program. It is for the compulsive overeater.

One lady shared a story. I want to respect her privacy, so no names, but I think she'd allow this. One time when she was dieting, the other lunchtime ladies at work knew about it. Well, one day, she wanted something from the vending machine. Most people would just go get it. But as a person with a disease, she got it, went to the ladies room and stood on the toilet so her feet wouldn't show and ate the snack. That is not what normal people do. I have my own "crazy woman" story and maybe some of you do too. OA is a fellowship for those of us that know shame and anger and fear and disappointment and all those emotions that WE wrap up in food. My sister weighs maybe 100 and she is a basketcase when it comes to food and eating. It's not the weight; it's our relationship to food. Unfortunately, my relationship is one that manifests in lbs and more lbs.

But today I ate right and have peace about it. And as I said before, THAT is what I am craving.

Hope everyone has a good weekend planned!

Judy

Much about OA that I love. Hate that so many meetings by me got taken over by the food police. Lots of anal-retentives. No room for ADHD people like myself who can't follow all their rules. In fact, their rules drive me into the food. So unlike Alanon and AA. I'm a purist. Work the steps.

Julie, glad you're doing better. Make sure you schedule that last epidural. THinking you should get one in your shoulder, too. I keep thinking its the combination of referred pain going back and forth between them that shoots your pain over the top. Please, don't do anything physical just because you're feeling better. No projects, no cleaning, no picking up Mimi, as little paperwork as possible. Repeat after me: I am a human being, not a human doing. I have nothing to prove to anyone-including myself.