Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

I'm here to help...

Julie-so glad you are back! Hope your DD is feeling better. What's going on with the wedding? Detail, please!

Phyll-so sad about your friend. Remember, you can continue to talk to her. No, I am not a crazy person. I truly believe that life is eternal. Most of us are headed into that chapter of life where we will lose friends. A man that I acted with many times (he was my husband in one play!) lost his battle with COPD last week. And yes, we need to remember to share the love we have.

I am in Day 4 of my recovery. Whoo-hoo! But it has helped IMMENSELY that I only have to consider today! I just came home from Unity services. Cake was served afterwards. There was NO-ZERO-NADA desire to have it. I had made up my mind (with the help of a prayer) that I won't have it today. Felt great. The OA meeting is only 2 miles from my house. (Everything is only 2-3 miles--I live in Small Town, FL)

Welcome to the newcomers. The support here is priceless!

Good Morning Gang...

Had fun at my concert Friday nite - had the funeral yesterday - it wasn't too sad - great memories and gotta see pple I haven't seen in year.

The flowers are silk - not real :0) - I have ton's of silk flowers - everyone at costco who saw them in my cart just went gaga over them..

Jodi - You are one busy lady - and yes you get what you pay for - you need to post pic's so we can see you :0) -

Judy - Yep girl when you make up your mind - it's a powerfull thing - Keep up the good work

Peaches - Welcome to the thread - I'm going to kick your butt into gear - No more excuses - you know what to do - you just gotta make up your mind.. One day at a time..

(girls I know Peaches - she's a Lucky 7 - so don't think I am talking to a newby meanly)

WTG on your calories - You just have to find other outlets for your stress - and eating isn't the answer.. It's one reason I am on the computer so much.... It keeps me out of the kitchen.. FB farming is a great stress releaser ;0)

Jessica -or was it Jodi who recommeded gatoraide?? I never cared for it in the past - I will look for some lite today - I did have one little episode last night but it wasn't too bad - again didn't drink enough - I gotta get better at that - I love Ice Tea - think I will make some today

Jessica - you will do find - you will learn that pple really don't pay that much attention to our eating - Yesterday at the funeral - no one compented on my food - there wasn't alot of good choices - stuff to make sandwiches = Pasta salad- hot wings - ck strips and dessert

Had tomatoe - 2 slice turkey meat - 1 ck tender and no dessert - oh ya 1 glass of wine ;0)

Julie - glad you are posting - and feeling a little better.. Hopefully that nerve testing will give you some anwers - hope DD is feeling better - And having too much on your plate - you gotta learn the word NO - I understand helping with DD wedding - but the other stuff - some times we have to let other pple step up..

We are have a 70's class reunion - they want volunteers - well I would love to help - but don't want or need the additional stress - Work is enough - I have gym - you guys and fb, bro estate, ranches and regular life -so I am not volunterring to help - then find out it's 11/27 and I may be taking the family on vacation the week after thanksgiving or the week of (got my $$ from Aunt's estate)

Great - Glad you found a house - you are going to be one busy lady for the next few weeks packing and unpacking - or do the movers pack for you?? I loved the house on FB would love to see the inside - I love going to look at model homes !!!

Well didn't quote - so don't remember who else I am missing

need to go get dressed - eye appointment at noon - gotta finish washing - take inventory and see what I need from the stores while I am out..

CBL

Julie-so glad you are back! Hope your DD is feeling better. What's going on with the wedding? Detail, please!

Phyll-so sad about your friend. Remember, you can continue to talk to her. No, I am not a crazy person. I truly believe that life is eternal. Most of us are headed into that chapter of life where we will lose friends. A man that I acted with many times (he was my husband in one play!) lost his battle with COPD last week. And yes, we need to remember to share the love we have.

I am in Day 4 of my recovery. Whoo-hoo! But it has helped IMMENSELY that I only have to consider today! I just came home from Unity services. Cake was served afterwards. There was NO-ZERO-NADA desire to have it. I had made up my mind (with the help of a prayer) that I won't have it today. Felt great. The OA meeting is only 2 miles from my house. (Everything is only 2-3 miles--I live in Small Town, FL)

Welcome to the newcomers. The support here is priceless!

JB, nice to meet you.. I too am a Compulsive Over Eater, food ADDICT, whatever you want to call it... I AM..

Starting right back from square one... I am POWERLESS OVER FOOD and my LIFE is UNMANAGEABLE....

Came to beleive that a POWER greater than myself could restore me to sanity,.,<

Thats where I am right now, in this moment:smile2:

``It is better to begin in the evening than not at all.` English proverb

A day can begin anytime. That was a notion I didn`t want to hear in my compulsive eating days. If I promised myself I would straighten up in the morning, I could go on eating in peace.

This kind of self-delusion can be used to avod making a start at almost anythng. But as any OAer knows, OA spoils all our compulsive overeating arguments. I simplu cant fool myself for long anymore. I cant say, TODAY IS SHOT, ANYWAYA and go on squelching that impulse to take action. To put it more accurately, I may say it, but I no longer buy it.

FOR TODAY: Anything I choose to do can begin - NOW - this very minute.

-this is an exerpt from OA literature book called FOR TODAY a daily meditation book.

Morning ladies - today I'll have a shake for Breakfast & see how the day goes. Hopefully no Pbing or vomiting. Going to dinner (fancy) tonight with friends to Celebrate 42 or 43 years. She was a TWA flight attendant & still models her original 1960's uniforms - perfect, body. Needless to say, she does not know about the lap band. Pray I don't vomit, will make very careful choices.

Would love to join you all on FB but don't know your last names. Help.

Joyce - Janet Wright on fb

At dinner - just make sure you take tiny bites, chew and eat very slowly... That usually works for me and if I do have to pb I just say I have to use the restroom - for me I can feel it coming on - it's not immediate - but again everyone know's I'm banded..

Enjoy and don't worry - that may help too :0)

LadyKC, I will find you on FB what is your name?? As to your breakfast the other day, sounded good to me except for the potatoes. On weekends I get breakfast out sometimes just at McDs, I get a Sausage McMuffin with egg, take off the muffin and eat half the egg and half the sausage so it's not much more than what you are eating. I've never been able to finish all the one egg or the one sausage patty. It's an adjustment getting used to these small portions, after all we didn't get to the point of needing the Lapband for our portion sizes.

Phyl, sorry to hear about your friend, I must've missed that as I was trying to catch up on posts.

Jodi, goodness you got a lot going. But the great thing is you are going into this holiday with a plan! A NY gathering sounds wonderful! We could shop!! LOL And I love shows.

Janet, I forgot my camera when we went house hunting so only had my phone to take a pic with I am attaching what I have from the inside of the house, it was dark out and the light is terrible.

post-20582-13813809823934_thumb.jpg

post-20889-13813809824676_thumb.jpg

Finally starting to warm up around here. 70's this week. Hope it doesn't get hotter. I'd rather have it cool, especially while teaching (no air conditioning.) I hate sweating and I am really can drip. They say women glow, men perspire, and horses sweat--well, I must be a horse. My hands and feet also swell up in humidity. Using my hands is like trying to work with Ball Park Franks for fingers--they plump when you cook them.

Cleaning house--got company coming for dinner. Was supposed to be 10 of us, down to 4.

Gonna have lots of leftovers. Spaghetti with sausage and meatballs. I just eat the meat with some sauce--maybe a few noodles.

Don't even try to eat the garlic bread. We'll have salad and the other couple will bring dessert. A few bites of that since I'm not eating much today.

Got to go dust. Have a great day.

Cheri

Janet - see you on FB - and thank you for the advice for tonight. Small bites and chew, will by my mantra. I definitely know the signs of impending rush to bathroom now.

Jodi - my last name is Cramer, and would love to join you and other ladies on FB. Your pix look gorgeous of new place. So great that you will be moving so quickly.

Janet - see you on FB - and thank you for the advice for tonight. Small bites and chew, will by my mantra. I definitely know the signs of impending rush to bathroom now.

Jodi - my last name is Cramer, and would love to join you and other ladies on FB. Your pix look gorgeous of new place. So great that you will be moving so quickly.

Joyce, trying to find you on FB are you the Joyce Cramer that has interests of crafts and rummages and retired after 22 yrs with Region 4 Northstar or something like that. I eliminated a few as I knew you were in KS but this Joyce doesn't say where from. I'm Lori if you get a friend request from me

Lori - Overland Park, Kansas is my location and travel would be the interest. Let me know if you have further problems.

FB. Look for Cheryl Poortenga Van Til Flory.

Joyce - Janet Wright on fb

At dinner - just make sure you take tiny bites, chew and eat very slowly... That usually works for me and if I do have to pb I just say I have to use the restroom - for me I can feel it coming on - it's not immediate - but again everyone know's I'm banded..

Enjoy and don't worry - that may help too :0)

Joyce: on fb I am Candice McIntyre, if you want to add me to your freinds list

Great & Joyce - you can look at my friends and add from there if you can't find each other

Great love the inside of the house...

Well not much to report - costco & Target, then home and took a nap ;0)

Hungry - want some veggies - had popcorn for lunch- I know not healthy but it was quick and filled the need.

These contacts are a pain in the tush - my right eye is fine - but it's the left eye that sucks..

Hi Everyone,

DD's party went great, fun was had by all. A good mix of family and friends. Of course I cooked way to much, have lots of leftovers took some to moms. Good thing though I don't have to cook this week. lol I did ok on the food ate a bit more than normal but made good choices, I did try small bites of cake.

Julie, glad you a feeling a bit better.

Jodi, I just love reading your posts. Fingers crossed for Dassi.

Laura, glad your get away was good, looks like you had fun.

Peaches, glad you are joining us.

Janet, what concert did you go to?

JB, way to go getting back on the band wagon.

Joyce, I'm Laura Hensel Keeven on FB.

Ok, I guess CRS is catching, don't mean to leave anyone out.

Take Care

Laura K

Good evening friends..... I'm thankful to have had a not so bad day and am hopeful for a not so bad night.....

I just can't get into FB..... I've been on for quite some time but never think to even go there... I did yesterday to see some pictures of my granddaughters......And they have changed everything since I first joined and so I'm lost when I get on there... I don't know how to set up any of the security things so I don't have to see what I don't want to..... Just not my bag....... I'm Julie Rader from ND if you look for me.....

We just had supper and a game of pinnochle with friends at their house.... The girls won!!!! Just a nice relaxful evening... DH worked hard all day doing yardwork here, for DD, and for Mom..... He is bushed now.... A little TV and early to bed as he has to work at 7:00 tomorrow.....

I was going to tell you all about a lady I met at my nieces GED graduation the other night... She was the speaker... Got her GED now at 53 years old..... but also recently had Bypass..... I went to speak to her to congratulate her on her loss.... She looked to be about 170 - 180 now.... She said she had lost 300 pounds... What a bunch of good changes in her life...... She was so happy...... We can all make it if we set our minds to it..... Whatever the challenge...... I need to remember that some days.......

Lori, the pictures look as though the house is nice and open... Hope you will be very happy there..... AND.................... I want to be the first to wish you a Happy Birthday tomorrow...... I have my list and I remembered to put it on my calendar..... So do you have anything celebratory in mind for the day or just packing and running around???? Hope you have a great day.... This new year of your life is full of changes... Hopefully all great ones............... Have a special day tomorrow......

Janet, I have never been able to wear contacts.. With the problems I have no doctor will sell them to me.... I've never tried lasek to see if I qualify for that..... Probably not.... doomed to glasses......

Cheri, hope you have a nice evening with friends....

Peaches, is it Candice??? You and Judy have like minds and hope you two can connect and help each other with this....

Judy, you asked about wedding plans..... We have the church, reception hall, photographer, DJ, wedding dress, and menu all arranged. Need to get the invitations finalized, get started on the flowers... A friend and I are going to make at least the smaller ones for special helper.... Don't know about attendants and DD..... Bridesmaids have their dresses ordered..... Short black.....very pretty and can be worn for any nice party or event again.... She picked Tiger Lilies for her flower so a burnt orange and black are the colors.... I'm working on the guest list..... I have such a big family that it takes 100 invitations just to do them.... All sorts of little details run through my head all the time, but it will all come... We have lots of time.. The inportant things are covered.... If I am better............................ (yes, I said If!!!) I will be making all the food and the wedding cake...... Will have ladies from church do the serving...... If I'm not better then I will have to figure things out differently.... DD doesn't want a big fancy meal, but a sandwich/salad buffet..... I used to own a restaurant and have catered many a meal in my time so if I have my strength I will be fine.... So now don't holler at me............ I'm keeping open the idea I may not be able to do it all..... So, that's what I know so far...... Pre-marital counseling is going very well.... The computerized testing they did came out that they were on the same block in all areas.. Pastor was very happy to see they are so close on what they want their life to be like.... It was good for DD's confidence, too....... Now if we can just get our little girls to like each other a bit better....... We have good times and bad times, but they are young and we can't expect miracles that fast......

Well, better go fold some clothes..... Hope all are well and happy..... Rest well, another week is on the way... Hugs........... Julie

Edited by Mrs. Bubba