Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

I'm here to help...

Good morning! I only have a few minutes, I have 20+ family members coming for a wedding brunch and DD and her DH (seems funny to say that) are coming to open wedding gifts. Everything was PERFECT last night. It was the most beautiful wedding if I do say so myself. So many people said it was the most beautiful and fun wedding they've ever been to. DD said it was her dream wedding. And I got so many comments on my MOB dress and how I looked. I felt like a princess myself! Only thing that went wrong was it was 5pm and the DJ still wasn't there. And so many folks weren't there yet. Come to find out there was a huge traffic jam on the freeway, we ended up delaying the wedding til 6pm. Know what delayed everyone? A loose horse on the freeway! :) DBIL and some S Dakota relatives got there just as the vows were being said. I will post pics when I get some, but thanks for all the well wishes!!

Apples, I already have my MOB dress LOL 15 MOB's that is funny.

Linda, I am the oldest of 3 daughters. Both my sisters can do no wrong! After all they work hard! LOL

Sounds like a WONDERFUL day/weekend for you! Glad everything went well.... except for the horse on the freeway!!

I am the oldest of 4 daughters. But they're all great.... two have occasional problems, but when we all get together we have a blast. Love to sit on youngest sister's front porch with some wine on a summer evening! Looking forward to that at the end of the summer!

15_2_117.gif 15_2_117.gif

Quicky fly by again....I have to go work (it's Saturday) but I'll go do some field work that is close to the house and then do the design at home....I was able to bring my laptop with the AutoCAD back home. I'm on page 636 so I still need to catch up.

Julie, glad to hear they saw something on the MRI...a plan of action will be helpful.

Apples, 15 MOB is pretty funny.

Later

Eva

Hey everybody, hope you are having a good weekend.... I'm still down with this dang head cold.... I was able to sleep last night as the shoulder left me alone for a change... I did have terrible dreams, though... I don't usually remember any dreams.... Must be all the drugs in my system..... I 've been trying to do a little organizing in my kitchen cupboards today... I got that new "pantry" cupboard, so can now re-do some of the others that are so crammed full of stuff.... I really want a new kitchen, but have decided to wait a few years so I have to make these better so I can live with them for a while...

Great, so glad things are going well... I'm sure you are the hostess with the mostest today.... Enjoy..... I see Hawaii on your horizon.........

Apples, you must be about playing grandma to a baby right now... Hope it's all you want it to be... So fun to snuggle a little one....

Eva, a little work on Saturday isn't the worst thing in the world.. especially if you can do it at your own pace.. find time to relax , too,though......

Phyll, sounds like you have the best kind of sister relationships... good for you.... I have no sisters.... A bunch of sister-in-laws.....(2 on my side and 4 on D's.) but none of them very close... You guys are the best kind of sisters there can be..... I'm glad to have each one....

Cheri, wish you could find that perfect job for your ailing body.... don't know if there is one, but I'll keep my fingers crossed for you...... Let's hope you feel better soon... Enjoy your time with the GD ......

Janet, congrats on the contacts.... I'd love to lose my glasses, but alas, it's not for me... I have too much wrong with my eyes...... allergies make using them hard and I'm so affected by strong light that I have tinted lenses and they can't do that with contacts.... So, I'm stuck... Never checked into laser, but I'm assuming the same things apply there, too. Oh, and thanks for explaining how to Kosher your kitchen to me... It was very interesting... I need to "kosher" a quite a bit of my house, but maybe not to the extent of that.......

Linda, enjoy your weekend, hope you have something fun planned....

Laura, glad to hear you are coming around.... No matter what the cause, it was not a fun time..... this next week should be much better....

Meredith, Jessica, Melissa, Laura K, Judy, Jodi, Joyce, Deb, Arlene, hope you all are doing well and enjoying your weekend... I know some are very busy, like Jessica.... Take care, you guys...

Friends just called for us to go out to supper... Don't feel like it, but will go just so DH can have a good meal and I don't have to cook!!!! or clean-up..... Mimi will come about 9:00 and stay the night... DD has a second date with this new guy... It seems she likes him.... Don't know what to wish for..... I guess I'll just let God take over for me......

Have a good one.........hugs to all......... Julie

Thanks Linda.

Julie, Glad to hear you are getting some answers. Hope they can take care of this for you.

Had teeball this morning. Jake is improving with every week he plays. He is even learning to pay more attention. We decided to take him out of karate for now and after the move sign him up at another karate place near our new place.

I feel like I am fizzeling out when it comes to my commitment to diet. I use to make few exceptions to my docs rules and now I find myself making them more and more often. My weight is swinging up and down all the time. I guess I am just going slower now than I did at the begining. So much is going on but I need to make myself more of a priority. Taking care of myself with diet and excercise is important and I need to refocus on it. My doc said all his successful patients go through slumps once and again. I just gotta get back up. I am also in a slump at school. I am sure being sick has played a role in it but I gotta get over it and move on.

Hubby is working tommorrow plus his bonus didn't come on time so no shopping for us tommorrow. Plus, no moving the inlaws furniture either. I will only be here this week, then out of town for a week then moving. So I won't have to deal with these frustrations much longer.

Our contract on our cell phones expires in may. I will be getting a new one but hubby won't.He has a work phone but we think it will help keep the mil calls to a minimum. Plus we are currently under my inlaws plan. Meaning we owe them every month for cell service. It will be nice to break that and be responsible for it on our own. Mil feels like she has a right to know all our finances because we live here and pay them for some of our bills. She ask about it all the time. It wasn't like this until we went to seminary. We use to have a normal relationship. Once we went to seminary and she began sending us "support" she crossed the line. I just hope that setting some boundaries will help correct things.

Jessica, this is such a big time for you.... You are in a transition period and things are just bound to be out of sinc for a bit.... You have all the right ideas and you are doing your best... Give yourself credit for going forward on this big plan you have for your life... Soon you will be on your own and out of reach from the MIL and all the stresses will fade away.... They may return occassionally as you can't just push her out of your life completely, but you'll be so much better able to handle things... I'm so proud of you and all you have done... As far as the food goes, just try to do your best.... You know the right things to eat and you will.... Just take things one day at a time.... And remember we're here for you, Honey........ Just call when you need us... we're right here at the end of your fingers..... Take care of yourself..... Hugs...... Julie

Well the celebrations are done and I am exhausted! The brunch went super well this morning as well. She got lots of nice things and over $1000 cash already and isn't done opening yet, they had to leave for the airport. My niece did bring over a few pics so I am attaching a couple. The first is of DD before the ceremony, note her veil she remade that from my veil of many years ago. The 2nd is me and DH. The 3rd is my DS toasting DD and her new DH and sortta cut off is her new DBIL. The last photo is DH toasting them, it's a horrible pic of me (I was a little teary eyed) but it better shows my MOB dress, there was no good photo of that in the pics she brought but it gives you an idea.

post-11564-13813809564273_thumb.jpg post-10991-13813809564668_thumb.jpg post-10991-13813809565108_thumb.jpg post-10991-13813809565479_thumb.jpg

ANYONE !!! do you have suggestions for food being stuck. I have PB and slimed and still hurt. lunch was at 12:30 and it is now almost 6:00. thanks

Edited by missing link

Oh Lori...I'm so happy things went so well. You looked wonderful and your daughter is beautiful...she has your smile. Loved her dress and yours could not have looked better. Take some time to relax.

do you have suggestions for food being stuck. I have PB and slimed and still hurt. lunch was at 12:30 and it is now almost 6:00. thanks

Can you take sips of a warm drink? I would say just try to wait it out another couple of hours and if it persists, call your doctor. If things do settle down this evening, really take it easy with your food the next couple of days. You will most likely have swelling because of your episode and do not want to irritate it further. liquids and mild mushies if you think you can tolerate them. But, as I stated, call your doc if this does not clear. Good luck!

Well the celebrations are done and I am exhausted! The brunch went super well this morning as well. She got lots of nice things and over $1000 cash already and isn't done opening yet, they had to leave for the airport. My niece did bring over a few pics so I am attaching a couple. The first is of DD before the ceremony, note her veil she remade that from my veil of many years ago. The 2nd is me and DH. The 3rd is my DS toasting DD and her new DH and sortta cut off is her new DBIL. The last photo is DH toasting them, it's a horrible pic of me (I was a little teary eyed) but it better shows my MOB dress, there was no good photo of that in the pics she brought but it gives you an idea.

[attach]19144[/attach][attach]19145[/attach][attach]19147[/attach][attach]19148[/attach]

Forgot to add...your hair turned out really nice.

ANYONE !!! do you have suggestions for food being stuck. I have PB and slimed and still hurt. lunch was at 12:30 and it is now almost 6:00. thanks

Missinglink...another suggestion...do you have any papaya tablets on hand? Most stores that sell Vitamins have them. Or, you can try a little pineapple juice.< /span>

thanks so much !!! congratulations on your daughters wedding. She is a beautiful bride. Hope you get lots of rest the next few days. thanks again

thanks so much !!! congratulations on your daughters wedding. She is a beautiful bride. Hope you get lots of rest the next few days. thanks again

Are you doing better?

[attach]19144[/attach][attach]19145[/attach][attach]19147[/attach][attach]19148[/attach]

BEAUTIFUL!! Your DD looks lovely, and so do you!!

36_4_27.gif

Missinglink...another suggestion...do you have any papaya tablets on hand? Most stores that sell Vitamins have them. Or, you can try a little pineapple juice.< /span>

Ah... you took the words right out of my mouth!! Urrrr.... maybe, off my fingers??? That's exactly what I was going to tell her... papaya tabs or pineapple juice!

12_4_70.gif