Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

I'm here to help...

Overeaters Anonymous has a saying--

"Keep your eyes on your own plate."

That is good advice in ALL areas of life, not just eating.

Someone doesn't need to tell me what is good for me and what is not. I know. Someone doesn't need to tell me what to do with the band. I know. Someone doesn't need to comment on what or how much I eat. I know what I am doing. And if it is the wrong thing, I know that too.

Eyes on your own plate.

Likewise, it is not up to me to comment on others' eating plans. Just like I know what is good for me and what is not, they know. My head had to be in the right place first. NO ONE could have changed that with their informing, pleading, whining, preaching, etc.etc. If someone wants to, they will. But it won't be because of something I do because...

My eyes are on my own plate.

Kind of like the saying we have here in MN..."Watch your own bobber"!

OK, you guys...that last comment of mine. I'm refering to Great's SIL nugget comment. I don't mind if you guys wanna watch my bobber or my plate. Just to clarify.

What I see as the difference between my SIL's comment and food advice here is my SIL's was totally unsolicited and I even told her I didn't want to hear it and she told me I had to. Here we are all in the same boat so to speak and watch out for each others plates and bobbers, in love! SIL was just pushing her own agenda whether I wanted to hear it or not.

Goodness we are getting another huge snow storm. We are having 'thunder snow' right now. Earlier in the week they said an inch or so, now they are talking a foot. Still saying almost 60 on Friday for the wedding.

What I see as the difference between my SIL's comment and food advice here is my SIL's was totally unsolicited and I even told her I didn't want to hear it and she told me I had to. Here we are all in the same boat so to speak and watch out for each others plates and bobbers, in love! SIL was just pushing her own agenda whether I wanted to hear it or not.

Goodness we are getting another huge snow storm. We are having 'thunder snow' right now. Earlier in the week they said an inch or so, now they are talking a foot. Still saying almost 60 on Friday for the wedding.

So...not "in love" with SIL, I take it! LOL! I have a couple that I am not in love with and not guilt about it. Gotta love 'em cuz they are family but there are days I wanna get the shovel and bury them in the back yard. I'm bad.

OK...I'm keep positive thoughts and sending them your way for beautiful weather for the wedding. 60 sounds perfect for a wedding.

OH Great, please don't tell me.......another cold front????!!!! That last one put me out of commission for a whole day. Maybe it will fizzle out before it hits the Gulf Coast.

I just drank Decaf coffee and used Pro Joe Protein Drink for a Creamer. Not bad. The vanilla flavor is the best.

All the Best on your DD's wedding!!!!

OH Great, please don't tell me.......another cold front????!!!! That last one put me out of commission for a whole day. Maybe it will fizzle out before it hits the Gulf Coast.

I just drank Decaf coffee and used Pro Joe Protein drink for a creamer. Not bad. The vanilla flavor is the best.

All the Best on your DD's wedding!!!!

Hey Arlene...can you tell us a little more about the nutritional values in your Pro Joe and where you get it? Did it mix well with hot coffee? I am a great one for doctoring up coffee and making a foo-foo out of it. I am always afraid to put protein with anything hot cuz it curdles. If I can get protein in some of my coffee, that would be great.

Hey Arlene...can you tell us a little more about the nutritional values in your Pro Joe and where you get it? Did it mix well with hot coffee? I am a great one for doctoring up coffee and making a foo-foo out of it. I am always afraid to put Protein with anything hot cuz it curdles. If I can get protein in some of my coffee, that would be great.

You can get Pro Joe online at Bariatric Advantage. You might want to shop around to see if it is cheaper somewhere else. It is 9.5oz,120cals,20protein grams, 5 carb gram. I used about a third of it in coffee and I did add a little splenda. It is sweetened with sucralose. I tried the mocha and I did not like it, but the vanilla is good. Now, they have chai.....haven't tasted it. OH, it did not curdle in the hot coffee, but watch it in the microwave because it will curdle if it gets too hot.

You can get Pro Joe online at Bariatric Advantage. You might want to shop around to see if it is cheaper somewhere else. It is 9.5oz,120cals,20protein grams, 5 carb gram. I used about a third of it in coffee and I did add a little splenda. It is sweetened with sucralose. I tried the mocha and I did not like it, but the vanilla is good. Now, they have chai.....haven't tasted it. OH, it did not curdle in the hot coffee, but watch it in the microwave because it will curdle if it gets too hot.

Thanks for the info, Arlene. Another question...could you detect that "protein" taste or do you not pick up on that usually. I drink my coffee really hot so it might not work in it. But, love smoothies when fruit is in season for Breakfast for both DH and myself. Would love a Protein Powder that did have such a strong smell or taste. Might be worth it to order a couple of sample packs.

I am back from my first liquid diet program.

4 Protein Shakes a day-800calories

lots and lots of Water

read positive affirmations

lol....stickers of the Davis Clinic to put on things that remind me of my journey.....like the tv remote. I think I will put one on the window button of my car so if I am tempted to go to fast food I have to press on the sticker.

20 minutes of exercise a day.

Okay, I have had two shakes a day. I made one with a 1/2c of Carbmaster yogurt and chocolate Protein powder.......yummy so far. I can use yogurt, milk, or fruit to doctor up the shakes. I just have to keep the carbs to 50gs a day. When I go out to eat I can have a green salad with 4oz of turkey or chicken.....now that is just once in awhile.

Eva.........POSITIVE VIBES GOING YOUR WAY!!!!!!!!

Charlene thank you for sharing your plan I wish you much success

Hi everybody.................. I have good news......... The Pain Clinic where I go called this afternoon and they had just received word that my appeal for the MRI was APPROVED!!!!! My appointment is for 4:30 on Thursday..... Yeah!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Finally I can have the test I've been needing for many months now.... I've had this pain since August..... Now I just have to cross my fingers that they find what the problem is and can fix it..... You can all cross your fingers with me, too...... Thanks...

Yes, Apples, I was up late doing just what you thought... Maybe this will be over soon.....

No idea what a stoma spasm is either.... I've had enough things go wrong, but don't think I've had them.. I believe in that "watch your own bobber" idea, too.... What works for one doesn't work for everyone. My mother is great for telling me what I can and cannot eat.... Or maybe it is not believing me when I say I can't eat something... Why not....... or, yes you can... is more like what she says.... She just called and wanted us to come up for pizza.... Now she knows I don't do pizza.... but then acts hurt because I said no thanks..

Good thoughts to Eva.... She is such a busy lady... And Lori, you take it easy now.. Glad you get a bit of a reprieve from parents.... Enjoy as many minutes as possible.....

Arlene, hope this plan works out well for you.... I've never been able to handle those Protein shakes... Thought the 2 week pre-op diet was going to get me.. Best of luck to you.....

Well, Mimi is still here as DD had a meeting with the parents of little tantrum girl at 6:00.. DH just got home, too, so better go see how he is.... Talk to you all later...... Julie

Hi everybody.................. I have good news......... The Pain Clinic where I go called this afternoon and they had just received word that my appeal for the MRI was APPROVED!!!!! My appointment is for 4:30 on Thursday..... Yeah!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Finally I can have the test I've been needing for many months now.... I've had this pain since August..... Now I just have to cross my fingers that they find what the problem is and can fix it..... You can all cross your fingers with me, too...... Thanks...

Okay I have my fingers, toes and eyes crossed I am so happy for you that you will be able to find out what is going on

Julie...about time they approved you for that MRI. WTH? So happy that soon you might get answers to what is going on. Wishing you luck!

Jullie.......Awesome news!!!!!!!! Persistence paid off. I hope they get to the source of your pain ASAP!

Apples, Bariatric Advantage (to me) doesn't have that Vitamin taste as long as it is like a smoothie. I can't stand Sim Fast because of the after taste and it is too sweet. Yeah, see if you can get some samples. See if they will throw in a bottle of Pro Joe too.

Melissa, I shared the plan with y'all because I knew you wanted to try it. Heck, if it can save people some bucks I am all for it. A man gave me the "Quick Weight Loss" diet the other day. Not bad.....seems easy to do, and I will try it after I finish this jump start. You might just want to do two shakes and two meals.

Melissa, I shared the plan with y'all because I knew you wanted to try it. Heck, if it can save people some bucks I am all for it. A man gave me the "Quick Weight Loss" diet the other day. Not bad.....seems easy to do, and I will try it after I finish this jump start. You might just want to do two shakes and two meals.

Oh I know thank you so much I so apperciate it I printed what you said to refer back to it thanks so much