Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

I'm here to help...

Charlene - Hope it warms up soon for you.. Hugs on the ibs

and dear - once you get your head wrapped around this thing (healthy eating) you will do fine - too bad I dont live closer or I could come to your house and throw away all the crap in your house lolwink.gif - I bet you would just love me coming and cleaning out your pantry - and so would your dh - he would say who does she think she is :0)

LOL, I would love it!....but you might be surprised to only find saltines and rice cakes for Snacks. I need you for the exercise. That is my shortcoming. Today i didn't go to church because I have been up since 3am with my back. Now I have to get ready for a baby shower.

Apples, how do you feel today? I hope you are on the mend.

Okay, gang, later! Have a great Sunday!

Hi Aleha

Like Deb said - you will learn what you can and can not eat - and a lot of times it's about how fast you eat, the size of the bites and chewing - That takes a while to learn and we all still forget at times..

What kind of juice - most jucies have acid which could be irritating - after a pbing incident - it's good to stick w/liquids - Soup - shakes - oatmeal (thin even) 5 weeks out I was still on mushies - I had 10 days each phase..

Charlene - hugs on your back - hope you have good weather today - becareful at the baby shower - they have the most unhealthy foods :0)

I don't know wether I'm using this right , but i need help, something got stuck yesterday for the first time and i vomited, now it hurts just to swallow Water

Thanks Ingigo,

I kind of thought it might have been a bad choice and not enough chewing...Is it normal though to still feel discomfort the next day?

Thanks for your help...Is it normal though to still be sore

Aleah,

Yes that has been my experience. You have irratated it so there is inflamation. Just take it real easy stick to liquids today and it should settle down.

I just had a fill on Fri, my dr says that day and next liquids, today is mushies. Last time I didn't listen and paid for it. Follow your dr orders, they are all different.

Welcome aboard, these ladies will help you with all you questions. It may be a different one but they all got it going on.

Laura K

I don't know wether I'm using this right , but i need help, something got stuck yesterday for the first time and i vomited, now it hurts just to swallow water

Try some chewable pecid and call your doc

Morning............... Arlene, I skipped church today, too..... That's not like me at all..... I just don't feel good... My back aches all over and the shopping yesterday didn't help much either.... I'm hoping a lazy day today will let me get back to normal... I think I could use a chiropractor treatment.... Hope yours is better soon.... take it easy, it's Sunday......

Aleah, you should just relax a little and stick to liquids and let things come back to normal.... If you aren't better tomorrow, call your doctor... Most likely it is like the others said and you just need to let your stomach rest....

Phyll, great pictures... I presume that was Earl.... You guys sure get involved.....that's nice to see..... so many don't care to do things like that... Hope your back is better

Janet, glad you had a nice day with your uncle.... I wondered when you were talking about how much work there was if they wouldn't have to rethink their furlough program.... You were just gettting used to it and now it's changed.... But, yeah, the money will be happy back in your pocket......

Apples, are you better today??? Hope so.... that can't be any fun at all..... check in when you can.....Hugs...

How's everyone else doing??? You all must be out enjoying the weekend... Hope so.... talk to you all later... I'm going to go find my chair and a new book... Did finish one finally Friday night.... Hugs to all.... Julie

Hope you are all having a wonderful weekend. Sunny, 45 degrees here. Will take it. Going to find a chair out in the sun and my book and soak it up for a bit.

(Going to be blunt...plug your tender ears if you cannot take it). I passed the "f____ing" stone. I should be back to my energetic self tomorrow. Today I am going to baby myself. Not moving too fast anyway so going to plant my butt somewhere and just catch up with reading. Have a good one!

Apples - Sorry for the pain of passing it - but glad it is gone forever. Great plan to focus on rest today.

Well - tomorrow I advance from mushies to all foods. I'm a sissy, so I'll go very, very slowly keeping in mind all I have learned here. I understand that it will be my responsibility to get to know MY band and that each one/person it different.

I'm very comfortable here - so I'll go slowly.

Now for confessions - my b'day week - total 3 glasses of wine (one at each dinner/celebration) I enjoy wine and have missed it since Feb. 8th when pre diet began. Also had a 4 oz. Hagen Daaz choc. Peanut Butter ice cream for my b'day dessert.

Started to mentally punish myself and experience guilt --- then called it to a Halt. I'm human and occasional, moderate treats are OK.

Any suggestions/advice as I move forward??

Joyce

Phyl - way to go girl - so few want to volunteer and good for you to train for emergencies. Love the pictures.

Apples - Sorry for the pain of passing it - but glad it is gone forever. Great plan to focus on rest today.

Well - tomorrow I advance from mushies to all foods. I'm a sissy, so I'll go very, very slowly keeping in mind all I have learned here. I understand that it will be my responsibility to get to know MY band and that each one/person it different.

I'm very comfortable here - so I'll go slowly.

Now for confessions - my b'day week - total 3 glasses of wine (one at each dinner/celebration) I enjoy wine and have missed it since Feb. 8th when pre diet began. Also had a 4 oz. Hagen Daaz choc. Peanut Butter ice cream for my b'day dessert.

Started to mentally punish myself and experience guilt --- then called it to a Halt. I'm human and occasional, moderate treats are OK.

Any suggestions/advice as I move forward??

Joyce

Phyl - way to go girl - so few want to volunteer and good for you to train for emergencies. Love the pictures.

Joyce...wishing you luck as you move to the next stage. As far as the "treats" you have disclosed that you have had....we all need our PLANNED treats in order to not feel deprived. If you enjoy your occasional glass of wine, do it without guilt. The trick is to set aside the alotted calories in your favorite treat and enjoy! When I was in the weight loss stage, I would allow for these certain treats for the nights that DH and I or friends would go out for dinner.

Joyce...another bit of advice on the treats. If you are really craving a favorite dessert, just allow yourself a couple of bites to satisfy that craving or make sure you have someone around to share it with.

Thank you, Apples. Both very good pieces of advice. I'll embrace both.

Thank you again.

Good afternoon guys~

Apples~ Congrats on the baby stone! : ) Should have called me, DH could have popped in an epidural before you popped it out! Hope you are feeling back to normal soon.

Janet~ WTG on the calories. Glad you had fun with your uncle.

Jodi~ I have not personally used the Purity supplement. Are you talking about the purity organic juice? Our nutritionist was talking about them- have to be careful as some of them have up to 120 cal for 8 oz serving and the bottle is 2 servings. One gal was having two "bottles" a day and didn't realize she was having almost 500 cal a day with this juice. They do have a powder, is that the one you are talking about? Only 60 cal/serving. I drink the little V8 juices (low sodium)- usually one a day.

Julie~ I hope you feel better soon. At my last support group meeting we talked about scales. They said if you are getting diff weights within seconds of each other- then change your batteries- they might be low. If it always does that, then take weight 3 times and take the average.

ALEAH~ yeah- normal to be sore after PB. Agree with all the advice. Do liquids for a day or so and if pain continues or PB continues then go see your doc. Sometimes after vomiting, you will get really swollen and it takes a few days to go down. I cannot do any Pasta unless it's just a little in a Soup or something.

Judy~ ROFLMAO at the seeing eye dog. Glad you had fun at the sunfest. I wish we had a golf cart. Just feel silly buying one when we don't golf. ; )

I am exhausted. DH and I took Nels to a birthday party today. Was strange they had it on a Sunday at 11am. Surprised but there were tons of people there. He had a good time. I didn't eat b/c they had pizza, sandwiches and salad. I just wasn't in the mood to PB in public. I was a little surprised that NO ONE noticed that I wasn't eating anything. I will attach a couple pics of my exciting life! We need to find a baby sitter! We fired ours in Dec. (b/c she double booked for our Christmas party- and took the other job over us!) and haven't had a date night since. Not good. My folks used to come visit every 3 weekends or so (before dad got sick) and they always made us go out one night. I miss it and them.

Yest Nels swam in the jacuzzi yesterday. It was heated but pool was still too cold to get in. After the party we went to the local go kart place. Fun stuff! woohoooooo.

OK girls... will talk to you guys tomorrow. Peasout.. Laura

Laura - So interesting to hear that no one noticed that you didn't eat. You know that has been a concern of mine. With b'day last week, I had several chances to see that no one notices, or cares, when I stop eating and take most of the food home.

Also that you refrain from eating in front of others when it might cause Pbing. How many months have you had the band?

I learn so much here with all these ladies.