Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

I'm here to help...

Thanks for the compliment - did you notice I'm hiding behind a Tomato planter? lololol

When I reach goal - I'll do a full body photo again. It's been a very long time.

I still catch myself "hiding", Joyce. I have an excuse to hide in the back since I am usually a bit taller than most. I gotta quit that. We work on all this a bit at a time.

Hi everybody...... Mimi is napping so I have a little time to post.... Had company this morning....early.... Mimi came at 6:30, but Dh let me sleep.... got a call at 7:30 from DH..... she was frantic... She was alone at work with 2 babies and one 2 1/2 year old, Hannah..... Hannah was screaming in the background.. She has temper tantrums... She started when her mom left her at 7:00..... Had hit DD many times....kicking and screaming.... broke the thing on the door that keeps them from opening and had run outside.... DD had to put the babies down and go after her... Then called me... I threw clothes on and barely even brushed my hair and went to help... Only took about 4 minutes to get there.... Holy cow was that little girl mad... I tried to console her in my lap, but she just kept on... Tried scolding.... finally took her in a private room and got out toys and had to sit on the floor with my back against it... Tried her blanket..........everything.. More kids are coming all the time and no school today for spring break.... Finally another mother who knew Hannah knocked and came into the room... she managed to calm her some and finally she quit.... She raged for an hour..... She does this all the time and the parents have been told and they know because she does it at home, too...but won't get her any help... I told DD that she needs to not come to daycare... She needs her grandma or something... Wow..... how can a daycare worker deal with that....???? Then ended up bringing one of Mimi friends home with me as she was so sad Mimi wasn't there.. Then we got company who had their 20 month old GD with them.... OOOOOHHHHHH it was like a mad house ... Them more company... couple guys to get into some storage we have... DH was gone and had to find him.... I'm exhausted..... It's finally quiet and I think the drama is over.... I still look like I just crawled out of bed.... don't even care..... Time to get pretty later... Now it's time for a nap of my own... Pain is passable now again... I've got my fingers crossed about that....

Just got flowers delivered... what a surprise... Looked at DH cross-eyed, like what did you do..... but they aren't from him... Did a favor for a friend yesterday.. Older gal who doesn't get around well anymore.. DH is doing some work for her, too.. moving her laundry up from the basement as she can't do steps anymore and is having back surgery next week... 2 roses and some orchids... How nice.... Just made my day better... Can't beat that.......

Apples, I would have loved to see your show.... I'm sure you did get all the big awards.... I had a little show of my own when I got home yesterday, too... Kinda fun to see yourself a new way.... I NEVER wear dresses..... I did have one long black velvet skirt I sometimes wore at Christmas.....

Lori, I'm a bit jealous.... But I'm sure happy for you... It will be a nice respite from the hub bub that can come with a big wedding... Enjoy....

Joyce, nice picture... I've always been good at hiding, too.. I think we all have.... But things change... We'll be seeing that full body shot before you know it...

Laura K, glad you're hair turned out nice.. I'm sure you look beautiful.....

Judy, Okay, spill, girlfriend.... Is he cute, how old, any hair.......any money????!!!!! We need more than "I met someone"!!!!! Good for you... Hope he is nice.... There are lots of good ones out there, you just have to be patient sometimes....

Arlene, you take care..... Hang that weather, anyway!!!!

Janet, you are such a busy girl... Hope all is well.. Get back to us when you can................

Well, my chair is calling me.. I think we are going to a K of Columbus fish fry tonight, so don't have to do supper... I can be lazy now for a bit..... Talk to you all later.... Julie

Julie...we have a fish fry tonight also. Gotta go work it at 4pm. DS and DH have been getting ready for it for 2 days. DS is president of the board. It's a wildlife federation and proceeds go to feed pheasents, etc. We usually feed 500-800 ppl. A lot depends on how many other fish frys there are and the weather. Have fun.

Poor DD trying to soothe things with that little girl. I would say she does not belong in a daycare setting until they can get a handle on her tantrums.

Hey Judy...I hear Phyll is now a tax expert. She hasn't mentioned anything about hiring out......:frown:

And she NEVER will!! NO WAY, JOSE! LOL

I used to do them for our youngest son when he was living with us, and when he was in the area. That was probably the only time he even filed!! HAHAHA!!

And she NEVER will!! NO WAY, JOSE! LOL

I used to do them for our youngest son when he was living with us, and when he was in the area. That was probably the only time he even filed!! HAHAHA!!

I do the books and hand a nice report to our tax ppl and just smile and run. Tax work can cause many physical and emotional problems....night sweats, extreme anxiety, divorce, tics, blurred vision and can greatly add to Ben & Jerrys and Edys net income.:frown:

Edited by Apples2

Oh....and forgot to add....is also known to increase wine sales in the CA Southern desert area!

Now you hit the nail on the head!!

7_4_33.gif 12_13_10.gif

Weather update:

It's STILL snowing!! bigger flakes now and starting to accumulate more. Isn't it spring tomorrow?? I hope next Friday is more springy!

Tax Season: here Frito consumption goes up

Okay here's a totally off topic question:

Part of the 'bargain' of us moving is DH promised me a new car. I know I want an SUV, was thinking big too like an Expedition as we are always so crowded when we load up and go camping with the dogs and all. But prices are outrageous so may scale down to an Explorer Anyway do any of you have any of the newer SUV's if so do you like them or not and why?? DH wants a truck but not sure I want my primary car to be a truck even though driving an Expedition would be truck like. I do know I want 4 wheel drive though and not something small like the Escape. Okay, discuss.......:frown:

Weather update:

It's STILL snowing!! bigger flakes now and starting to accumulate more. Isn't it spring tomorrow?? I hope next Friday is more springy!

Tax Season: here Frito consumption goes up

Part of the 'bargain' of us moving is DH promised me a new car. I know I want an SUV, was thinking big too like an Expedition as we are always so crowded when we load up and go camping with the dogs and all. But prices are outrageous so may scale down to an Explorer Anyway do any of you have any of the newer SUV's if so do you like them or not and why?? DH wants a truck but not sure I want my primary car to be a truck even though driving an Expedition would be truck like. I do know I want 4 wheel drive though and not something small like the Escape. Okay, discuss.......:frown:

I have a Cadillac SRX in my sights. Cute crossover.

I'm choosing to ignore the snow discussion because if we get home next month and it snows, I'm going to be really depressed!! Either last year or the year before.. Aprl 18... big snow storm!

Anyway, we have a Honda CR-V that I love. Duaghter has one too, and her DH wants one!! But... won't hold a lot of people. But I had a ride in a HOnda PIlot a couple of weeks ago..when I went to see Menopause the Musical with a bunch of ladies, and I reall liked that and she had 7 of us in there with no problem... 2 in front, 3 in the middle and 2 in te back. It rode really nice. I'm really short and I had no problem getting in the front seat. I loved it!!

Ok I'll throw in my 2 cents on the vehicle. My Mom just bought a chev traverse. I was amazed at all the room. Three rows of seating and the back two rows fold down. It's one of the crossovers too. They love it.

Apples I'll get my DS to take another pic soon.

Joyce, get out there and shine your light girl. I think we all have to learn to not hide in pics. I love the new pic too.

Julie, so good of you to help out with that little girl.

We must need to do something bad so Janet will come back and scold us.

I had my fill today. The Dr was so happy for me, said I looked great and that I made his day. His nurse told me on the way out, I was one of his successes,that he needed that as the people he has been seeing are not being successful. I gave her the "Janet" speech "they need to remember that the band is a tool and not a magic wand, they have to do the work".

cbl

Laura K

Oh and I don't know about the "successes" I don't feel like it as I am only 7 months out. I feel the hard part is yet to come.

Great - I have a red convertible for summer and a GMC Acadia for winter. The GMC is marvelous for KC winters and has everything on it. However, 14 miles per gallon. But I would definitely recommend it.

Joyce

Weather update: Yesterday 70's, right now 22 going down to 13 tonight. BRRRRR Starting to freeze on the roads and rush hour a mess. About 6" so far, supposed to stop at midnight.

Thanks for the info on the SUV's. We were going to start shopping this weekend til DH got called to Phoenix but am sure the cars will wait. I just hate car shopping and dealing with salesman, I always feel like I am being taken advantage of.

Due to the weather DD & I ordered pizza as we were going out to dinner. Have not had pizza in a long time and we are getting a thin and crispy as I think I can do that crust. Hoping one piece is all it will take! If not it's my little splurge, sounds so yummy!

Girl, I just saw one in the show room today and sat in it......Awesome!!! I didn't get it though. I need a smaller vehicle.