Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

I'm here to help...

Gotta keep this short because it's midnight and I need to go to bed! Our little friend is dong SO much better. They got her up in a chair today and were planning to walk her tonight. She was complaining that they were STARVING her to death and she hasn't had anything to eat since Sunday, so a good indicator that she is better!!! Complaining, and hungry!! LOL! Wait until she realizes that she's missing all the basketball games!!! She is a BASKETBALL FANATIC!! She's going to be really mad... and she has a little TV right there next to her bed on a big telescoping arm tat she could pull right over in front of her! It never dawned on me until we were back home that she's missing her tournament games!!

36_8_2.gif 18_8_8.gif

Back was hurting some today and I had to really back off on the Water exercises. I kept moving for the whole hour, but quite a few of the exercises were hurting so I went easy!

Phyl, I am so glad your friend is doing so good. Yes, being hungry is a very good sign everything is working.

Sounds like you need to baby your back. Mine is hurting after taking care of my eighteen month old GD. Of course, we are getting a new cold front in tomorrow .......my body told me so.

Apples, that is awesome that you had a good meeting. I didn't mean to spout off that there are a lot of mean people in support groups, but you do get that one that is miserable. And that one is usually miserable wherever they go.

Julie, how are you????

Janet, where are you??? or am I the one MIA?

Okay, gang, I gotta get busy. I have a baby shower to host on Sunday. I need to finish my home made gifts.....embroider a blanket and burp towels.

I hope ALL of you have a great WEEKEND!!!!!!

I just have to say this........I appreciate all of you so much. I know that I would have fallen off the wagon long ago had I not had such a wonderful support group. Thank you! and a special thanks to Janet for starting this thread.:frown::thumbup::thumbup:

Drive by post - it's 7 and i gotta leave for work in a few...

Blackdoll - how's your restriction what are you eating are you exercising??

Kids - Ya I think you are too tight call your doc.

To the Gang - Love to you all - I don't have time to do a proper post..

dinner went well - sad to say I enjoy being w/Andrews mom & stepdad and kids more than I enjoy being w/mine - Dinner was so smooth - had lamb chops - dessert - carrot cake and choc mouse thingie - no ice cream cake..

Suppose to go out again tonite - but who knows that may change - tomorrow going 4 wheeling w/Uncle to look at all the wild flowers.

Well gotta jam - Hugs & Love - sorry about not being around much lately - I think about you all even when I'm not here :0)

xoxoxo Janet

Jodi...you SOUND so good. I can tell just by your post. And a big congrats on the 16lbs lost. If you want recipes for the mushy stage, go to the food and Nutrition threads. There's all kinds of ideas over there.

There are such differences in dr's food plans after surgery. A month on mushies...you'll have to be creative so you don't tire of the same ole' thing. Did your doc provide a list of foods for you?

Welll dang it all, I didn't get email updates about new posts since yesterday afternoon. By this morning, I just knew you couldn't have been this quiet and had lots to catch up on.

Well after 74 degrees Wed, and 70 yesterday it looks like a blizzard out there this morning. Cold, heavy wet snow. How fast it can change, still not sticking to the roads but I called Grandma and said we'd stay in today. Don't want to chance her slipping. DH left for Phoenix and I did not go with him, now I am rethinking that with all that wet stuff coming down. LOL But thought I'd stay home with DD her last weekend living with us and the pre wedding jitters and all. DS, her fiance and the groomsmen are all in Vegas for a bachelor party. I don't even want to know what they are up to there! :thumbup:

I finally tried on my shoes with my dress and they look fab so shoe problem solved.

Don't remember if I mentioned but a week or so after the wedding poor DH has to go to Honolulu for work. Well he sure ain't going alone! Free hotel room? Yep I am tagging along, will be nice to just destress after the wedding and before moving. I've asked a friend from here to go along, her husband works for a different airline but she flies free as well so we may just have a girls trip and take over DH's room! LOL I've not been to Hawaii in over 5 yrs (used to go much more frequent) and definitely not since losing weight. New body and new knees, look out Waikiki!

Apples, glad the support group was good. After we move I may try and find one in UT just to get to know some folks and 'network' a little there with the band.

Eva, I too think it's worth it to pay to have my hair colored. I've tried it myself many times and it comes out okay but after awhile gets too dark as it builds up and I miss too many spots as well. It just looks more natural when I have it done. And I hate doing it myself, worth it to feel pampered for a day.

Julie, glad you are trying some harder Proteins, I think that will help you in the long term with hunger issues and snacking.

Blackdoll, in order to know what to do, kindda need to know what you are doing. Are you eating small portions of hard proteins? or are you doing slider foods? exercise?? how's your restriction? Congrats on your loss thus far!

Arelene, yep the cold and wet is coming!

Laura, I think I do need to tell DD how lucky she is to have me! :frown: She's already stressing how much she'll miss me after we move, thought that was sweet.

Brrrrrrrrrrrrr.....we got up to 50 degrees yesterday with sunshine and today grey/cloudy and not to get above 32. But, you know what? That's OK....got my fix yesterday with the sunshine and no jacket.

Janet,yep, miss your reg posts but don't sweat it, dear. Take your time. It's not like you've had any stress lately?????????????????? We are big girls and will take care of each other until you have the time to be here. And, we'll try to pick up on new questions. How fun? 4-wheeling. I have made my DH into a "screamer" when he rides behind me. We got the greates invention yesterday for our 4-wheelers. They are these tire protector thingies that keep the mud from building up. We have very heavy, heavy soil and looking forward to trying them out. Have a great weekend and have some fun!

Phyll...sitting in MN and saying an extra prayer this morning and wishing your pain away. Included Eva, Julie and Arelene. Oh heck...I'll just include the whole darned group. Now have have to start over.

Arlene...hope your baby shower turns out great. DH and I were all caught up in the local newspaper's supplement that the local hospital puts out. It shows pictures of all the babies born in the last year. We were saying Awwwww this and Awwww that. You think we are ready for some grandkids? (No pushing...no mentioning it to my boys...they gotta raise them so I want them to be ready for it. And if not, we'll just continue to borrow other's GC).

Have not accomplished much yet this morning. Had a style show (mirror/myself) with all the new clothes I bought yesterday....I got such a good deal, I feel like I stole them. Forgot to mention that I got 2 really cute peasent tops for less than $5 also. Now I have some really cute things to wear when the garbage truck driver comes.

Great...trip after the wedding sounds like just what you need. And to take a GF along sound lie fun. You are so lucky with all your perks. We had that when youngest worked for Era Aviation in Alaska. Was a shock when we started paying our way again. We have many miles built up on our airline miles plan. I tend to save them for DS that is on the East coast for emergencies...such as funerals, weddings, etc.

Just think...wedding in one week. Just relax and have fun.

Hi Beautiful Women! Glad to see the spring come and the sun shine. I have kept up with your postings, but have taken lazy to a new level, with not much to add.

The show is over. Happy to do it, happy when it ends.

I have not been eating right and that must stop. I also need to get back to exercise--for mental reasons as well as physical!

Julie, I went to the clubhouse last night. (Thursday night is Rockin'Rendezvous--dancing, happy hour, friends..and I met someone. DO NOT GO OUT AND GET THOSE BRIDESMAIDS' DRESSES. Let's see what happens. Meanwhile, last night was fun.

I have GOT to clean my house! I have GOT to do taxes!

xoxo to all

Hi Beautiful Women! Glad to see the spring come and the sun shine. I have kept up with your postings, but have taken lazy to a new level, with not much to add.

The show is over. Happy to do it, happy when it ends.

I have not been eating right and that must stop. I also need to get back to exercise--for mental reasons as well as physical!

Julie, I went to the clubhouse last night. (Thursday night is Rockin'Rendezvous--dancing, happy hour, friends..and I met someone. DO NOT GO OUT AND GET THOSE BRIDESMAIDS' DRESSES. Let's see what happens. Meanwhile, last night was fun.

I have GOT to clean my house! I have GOT to do taxes!

xoxo to all

Hey Judy...I hear Phyll is now a tax expert. She hasn't mentioned anything about hiring out......:thumbup:

And...jump back on the healthy eating wagon. What better time than right now!:frown:

Judy, you go girl..........

Apples, great deal as always on the shopping. Bet you were the belle of the ball in that style show.

Well my hair turned out great, but next time my DS Gf is going to color it. She is in school for como lic now and is starting on the floor this week.

Well go to run have to work the dr appt.

Laura K

Great - what perfect timing. Hawaii after the wedding AND with a friend while DH works. Perfect. Enjoy.

Took my daughters to dinner last night to Celebrate my b'day ( yes again). Lovely steak restaurant - I had salmon again. What I brought home will make 3 more meals. So interesting to Learn how to eat out. So interesting to learn that others don't notice (or care) when I stop eating.

It would feel more comfortable if I could sip coffee while others eat. Will be a learning curve to overcome this new situation in this journey.

I know the answer is to focus on the conversation and the opportunity to share time with the friends/family. Will take time.

Apples - I can hardly wait to wear all the clothes in my closets that I haven't worn for 10 years. Enjoy your new clothes and new body. How long have you been at goal?

Joyce

Judy, you go girl..........

Apples, great deal as always on the shopping. Bet you were the belle of the ball in that style show.

Well my hair turned out great, but next time my DS Gf is going to color it. She is in school for como lic now and is starting on the floor this week.

Well go to run have to work the dr appt.

Laura K

Yep, LauraK...regarding my little style show...I awarded myself the "Best in Show" trophy. Would love to see a photo of your new "do". :frown:

Great - what perfect timing. Hawaii after the wedding AND with a friend while DH works. Perfect. Enjoy.

Took my daughters to dinner last night to Celebrate my b'day ( yes again). Lovely steak restaurant - I had salmon again. What I brought home will make 3 more meals. So interesting to Learn how to eat out. So interesting to learn that others don't notice (or care) when I stop eating.

It would feel more comfortable if I could sip coffee while others eat. Will be a learning curve to overcome this new situation in this journey.

I know the answer is to focus on the conversation and the opportunity to share time with the friends/family. Will take time.

Apples - I can hardly wait to wear all the clothes in my closets that I haven't worn for 10 years. Enjoy your new clothes and new body. How long have you been at goal?

Joyce

Joyce...the eating socially will just become routine for you if you do it often enough. I think each of us struggled with it. Also, the eating/drinking will also become routine. Heck, if you visit long enough after eating, you can still order your coffee when it's time.

I got to goal in Oct 2008. I then lost 20lbs after that (without trying). Soooooooooooo......I have been "building" that new wardrobe for quite some time. In my next life I am sure that I will be coming back as a singing, cooking personal shopper.:frown:

Thanks for the compliment - did you notice I'm hiding behind a Tomato planter? lololol

When I reach goal - I'll do a full body photo again. It's been a very long time.

Joyce, even if you aren't ready to post a full body shot, be sure you take one. It's fun to compare after you lose more weight. Also having those full body shots helped me start to see for myself that yes I really was losing weight. I still even after almost one year at goal have a hard time seeing my weight loss in the mirror, I still see the 305 lb version of me looking back. But in photos I am beginning to see it. And now once in awhile usually if it's more a quick glance in the mirror I am actually seeing it. But the photos helped a lot. You will get used to eating out. It's a vice I love and now many times DH & I will order one entree and share it. I'm a cheap date now. He was gaining weight as he was eating his entree and then finishing mine. We are learning to either share or actually get those doggy bags.

I got hopeful for a moment this morning it looked like our snow was stopping and the sun was trying to come out, but it was a brief illusion, now it's coming down worse and starting to stick to roads. guess I will hunker down at home in some comfy sweats, turn on the fire and have a down do nothing day!