Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

I'm here to help...

Oh Karen, I am so sorry for your loss. I will be praying for you and your family as you go through this difficult time.

HUGS and Prayers going your way.

Arlene

Apples, I am so sorry. I will keep you in my thoughts this week.

Karen, I am so sorry to hear about your dad. Hopefully, knowing all the love and prayers that are sent your way will bring some comfort. Your girlfriends care.

Judy

Apples, so sorry for what's going on in your life and the loss of your family. DH and I send you healing and loving thoughts.

Laura, I think you and I had a challenge after the BD party and parents left....we still going to go through with that? I'm at 220 too.

Jodi, congrats on the pre-op. We'll be here rooting for you on Tuesday! So you are de-haired are you? Ow! I just do my eyebrows, can't imagine all those other places, but it does feel good to be all prettied up doesn't it? Take a picture before surgery and then keep a photographic record periodically after wards. You'll be glad you do a few months down the line.

Jessica, good for you and the C25K....that great! Maybe that will inspire me to get off my butt more. Although I'm doing a lot more now than I used to.

To those new posters, there are some very nice people on this thread that have done wonderful with their weigh loss.

Okay, to any of you that I forgot, I'm sorry. Please don't feel slighted, I am thinking of you!!

We went to some friend's house for dinner last night. Had baked chicken with noodles and I couldn't eat all the chicken (breast). It wasn't dry, but still a little challenging. I still was able to eat slowly and well. The ultimate test of this band. They are very nice people, and the lady just lost 43 pounds with diet and exercise. She is 71 and always amazes me with her energy.

Today we are going to an Irish food cookoff downtown. A friend has an entry in it and I missed it last year so I need to go. It's supposed to rain and it looks like it's going to so, that should be fun. I'll get to use my rain gear again.

I'm going to try and get some cards made this week for the combined birthday party I'm having for my DH, sister, and another friend. We are combining it with Friday night social club so that should be fun. Of course I'm trying to come up with some good recipes that I can do easily. I think I've got a plan. DH wants a cream cheese dip thing shaped like the two fish that is the Pieces sign. I specialize is making cheese balls shaped like things. I did a cheese birthday cake last year...it was pretty funny cause it leaned a bit.

Okay...off to get something done. Hope you all have a good Sunday.

ee

Apples~ HUGS. I am so sorry for your loss. Please know I am thinking about you. You guys are in my thoughts and prayers. I am tearing up now- can't even type anymore.

Love, Laura

Hi, All! Hope you are having a pleasant Sunday afternoon. It's raining here in the desert AGAIN, and very COLD!! I'm going to get up and turn the heater up... in a minute!

Walked in the Memory Walk for Alzheimer's research yesterday. Almost 2 miles... I took one little short cut! A very big accomplishment for me! It was exhilerating!! ME.... walking in a fund raiser!! WOW!!

Hi guys~Started Nels on antibiotics this morning b/c of his complaint of ear pain- though it doesn't look that bad. He never got completely better from when he was sick last time and darn it, just feel like a round of antibiotics might knock it out. (even though it is probably a virus) He was feeling completely FINE this morning and we kept our plans with his best friend and mother to go to the fair. We spent 3+ hours there! The boys encourage each other to do things that they wouldn't do alone. Nels was scared of the swing ride but went... and Nels talked Nick into riding the helicopter! I was going to go with them but there were only two seats. They both said "that's ok, we'll just go". OMG... two 6 year olds in a helicopter! Growing up sooo fast!

I was down to 220 this morning!!! But will wait until tomorrow to change ticker.

I am going to go get my feet up. Have a good night everyone. Peasout.... Laura

PS Here are some pics from the fair. This is the kid I always talk about that eats a LOT. After every play date with them, I go days without "pushing" food with Nelson. Nick can eat 4 slices of pizza at a time and his weight just breaks my heart. At least today they were active.

I didn't know you meant a REAL helicopter until I looked at the pictures!! That was BRAVE!! Sorry Nels isn't feeling well again! Hope he's better soon!

Congrats on the 220! I'm still below 200, but struggling to getout of the 90's and making very slow progress! Church potluck we just went to did not do much to bolster my success! LOL!

Your approach to food re: Nels is wise! My parents "pushed food" on me the first few years of my life as i was a very skinny little toddler. So I apparently was brainwashed in to thinking that eating was the way to get approval. Then as I started to get "chubby", my Dad bugged me about eating too much all the time. I remember unpleasant dinner time scenes with him telling me, "NO MORE!"and my Mom saying, "leave her alone!" Mixed messages!!

Hey Laura...

Congrats on 220! Wasn't it Meredith that you were challenging????? I miss her. Would love to see her post to catch us up on her life. Have a nice time tomorrow with your friend. Meets like that are so special.

Think I read on FB about a week ago that Meredith was moving in to her house last weekend.

Hi gang, just home from a movie and supper with friends... We saw "It's Complicated"!!! Too funny, but the guys weren't near as impressed as us girls.... Maybe it was a bit of a chick flick???!!! I enjoyed it anyway.... DH's first wife was a cheater so he doesn't get into that topic very well... Didn't really think of that when we decided to go... But he was a good sport... We let him pick the restaurant for supper.... A steak buffet, of course... I did fine.... No overdoing for me....

Hope all of you ladies are enjoying your Saturday evening... Rest, relax, regroup..............enjoy...... tomorrow is Sunday and my day to be lazy..... TTYL................. Julie

We just saw that movie last weekend and thoroughly enjoyed it! Very funny!! DH liked it, too, but understand that someone who has been through a divorce might not find it amusing! LOL

A person can try to prepare for times like this but can still feel like hitting a brick wall. Just posting to let you guys know my dad passed away this morning. A massive heart attack.

Karen, so VERY, VERY sorry for your loss! Please know I am keeping you and your family in my thoughts and prayers!

HUGS!!

Karen - Hugs Hugs Hugs !!! You are in my prayers..

Oh, Apples, I'm so sorry for this loss you are feeling. We are never prepared for death, I don't think... You take care of yourself and know that we are all here for you, in whatever way you may need us.... Love and hugs.... Julie

Apples, thinking about you this evening.

Update on my drama. My DD sat down with her girls and went over her bills. She thinks she can make it and keep her house if she stays on a budget. The girls have part time jobs and said they would buy the extras they wanted. I am glad they are going to try to work it out. It will be good for them, and great for me.

Awesome day today......temperature up to 70. Another Happy Dance!

Karen - sending hugs to express how much I care about your loss.

Charlene - wonderful that your DD & girls will remain in their home. Best wishes are sent that the budget will make it all work.

Phyl - way to go - walking in fund raiser. You rock, girl friend.

Gorgeous weather here today. So ready for spring.

Joyce in KC

Just popping on to thank each and every one of my girls for the love and support I have received today. It means the world to me. Love..

Evening ladies, I've had just a completely lazy day... Haven't done a thing... We had Breakfast after church so no cooking... Mimi was here for a bit but watched Little Bear and then fell asleep... Her mother came about 5 minutes after she woke up... Then I took a nap...... Sat by computer for a bit.... We had leftovers warmed in microwave for supper, so no cooking..... and now just a lazy evening with boring stuff on TV..... I'm ready for a bath and bed..... Suppose I won't be able to sleep after the nap, but can always read my book for a while...

Arlene, so glad things seem to be working out in a better way for you... I know you were quite concerned for your band health... Good for all of you..... This is better for them, too, I think.... Best of luck for it to turn out well..... Enjoy your nice weather... We had 38 today, but no sun again... Our snow is melting though.. this is good.. We are expecting flooding again here in North Dakota, but not by us..... they are starting the sandbagging process..... Last year was a bad one....

Phyll, you are so right to be proud of yourself for walking in the fundraiser... It is a wonderful accomplishment..... good for you...

Eva, Irish food cookoff sounds interesting... Hope you have fun... What kinds of things did you get to taste???

Jodi, glad you are taking care of yourself... You are so prepared for your surgery... Tuesday is going to go so well and you will be on your way to the new you.....

Joyce, hope you are enjoying your nice weather, too....

Everyone else, I'm thinking of you.... Especially Apples, at this very difficult time in her life.. So, I'm going to head off to my bath and think good thoughts for all of you... Have a safe and restful night... God Bless and keep you all...........Julie

Good morning gang~

I know someone is having surgery today (Jodi, I think, not good at names...But I remembered your big day!) Best of luck! Remember, this is the first day of the rest of your life! Let us know how you do and if you have any questions.

This weekend just exhausted me. Yesterday had breakfast with my preceptor from when I was a new RN. I haven't seen her since 94 and it shocked me b/c we have kept in touch so well, but just never saw each other. She hadn't changed a bit. But wanted the house just right, so spent 3 hours last night before bed cleaning! And being a nurse and we've both struggled with our weight, eating out with her was a piece of cake. She has many bariatric patient friends and she is a pre-op nurse. (after 40 years in the ER) I was tight at breakfast but managed to eat some grits, a couple spoons of sausage gravy, one crispy piece of bacon. No go on the eggs. We drove around and I showed her my side of town (Her daughter is thinking of moving down). It was nice to sit and catch up. By the time I walked in the door, DH was "done" with Nelson. He had so much energy today. He needed to get OUTSIDE. Took him to the marina and let him ride his bike and go rock hunting and exploring. We found a BIG mean snapping turtle eating grass.

I am mad at my sweet, dear, thoughtful DH. He brought double chocolate Milano Cookies in the house. What is the proper punishment for this officer Janet? I ate two, so yes, guilty. But I wanted to kill him BEFORE I ate them.

Bug man coming today. uughhh, I hate bugs. (I know, Florida has more bugs per sq inch than ANYWHERE in the U.S.) At least that's what I was told. Silverfish in the bathroom and garage. Some ants on the front porch.

Thinking of all of you going through struggles. Hugs and hugs and more hugs.

Eva, Game on! But I am up to 222 today. : )

Will CBL, peasout, Laura

Just checking in this morning. Rain, rain, go away, especially on my birthday! I am going to the doctor for the EKG to start the medically supervised eating plan. Why, I don't know. I think I will start weaning off of food and on to the shakes. I am starting with breakfast.

Apples, praying for you today.

Charlene, happy birthday to you, hope your rain clears for your special day.

Julie, you sound so much better glad the pain seems to be gone. x my fingers

Laura, string him up by his thumbs nails.

I had a great weekend with the scale. went down to next tenth, hit 75 lbs gone and bought size 10 jeans and wearing them. yee ha

Ok today is my 1st day of no smoking. Not saying quitting because that gives me an out. Got my patch on and will make it day by day. Keep your fingers crossed.

Take care all,

Laura K