Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

I'm here to help...

Hey Jewel,,, Some thoughts try the Premier Protein bars from Sams club,, they are 290 calories and 30 grams of Protein, I love them when I am on the run and they will fill you up for a long time.. I know we are band buddies 1/4/10 I have lost 20 and have been on a plateau for over 1 1/2 weeks. I figure because I lost that first twenty so fast my body is just trying to figure out what is going on. I am training for a 5k and use weights to hopefully keep going. How is everything else?? Do you love your band, I love the band so much. I am so glad we are 6 weeks out and on our way. Good luck so happy you are doing so well, and I love the greek yogurt it is very thick and takes some getting use to....

Charlene - How are you doing?? How's Beck going - I haven't read lately - maybe today - as I don't have any real plans - finish washing and that's about it - R&R day for me

I have been doing better. The weather is warmer so I have been able to walk. Are sweet potatoes bad? I ate on for dinner last night I was afraid to eat my steak at Texas Roadhouse. I felt tight. Anyway, it was only my second time to eat one. It was more like eating dessert.

Well, I just got back from church. The message was on marriage vows. He mainly pointed out the weaknesses of men. Yay! Women got a pass today. Anyway, they had a drawing for a date night... I won front row tickets to the Houston Rockets.....parking pass....all the perks. Only one problem.....I don't like to go to basketball games. One thing is for sure, I know we will fit in the seats and that is a comforting thought.

Charlene, yep sweet potatoes are high in carbs, but they are good for you if you don't add a bunch of butter, sugar, etc. I used to hate them, but now, I love them roasted with salt and pepper. I don't care for sports much either, but I did go to a Phoenix Suns game and really enjoyed it. There is so much else going on in the arena that you can do other stuff besides watch the game.

Phyl, glad to hear you are feeling better. Have fun in SD area. I'll be there again next weekend. Too bad we won't be there the same weekend.

Jessica, you'll find your weight will fluctuate up and down 1-3 pounds sometimes day to day....but overall you should see a loss. That's why some people recommend weighing weekly, not daily. Take beef Jerky for a snack...it helps me from getting really hungry...or try soy nuts...heck a can of V-8 will stave off hunger for me for a couple of hours sometimes. There are alternatives to fast food and things you can take with you that don't need refrigeration.

Laura, glad you had a good day!! I have two other friends that had birthdays yesterday...in fact my best friends BD was yesterday. As for the power line...I want the darn thing out of the way, so I really don't mind using the money for that.

Apples, you would be a great caterer! Specialize in theme parties with all the doodas. I bet there isn't a great need for a caterer in a small town however.

Janet, sorry about the IPOD....it really makes exercising (walking or stationary bike) bearable for me...let's me escape to some other place beside the burn.......I bet Angel looks real cute.

Linda, I have Leslie Sansone walking DVD's too. I have the one with the bands, but haven't used it much because I've been walking outside at work. It's great for those days when I can't walk outside because it's too hot or too dark. We have no street lights or sidewalks in my neighborhood so walking at night is hazardous. The variety does help keep me motivated too.

Oh gosh, I can't remember anymore...sorry to all of those I'm missing with this post. I'll try and catch you next time.

I got my aero pilates in today...it was hard and I do feel like I got a work out. Haven't done much else...barely just got dressed. It's really nice having a do nothing weekend. Next weekend we are going to San Diego.

When I got back from Florida, I had an email from one of my uncles and since I hadn't heard from him in a long time and didn't have his email, I emailed him back. He responded with an invite to his son's retirement from the Navy next weekend. It's going to be in San Diego and DH and I talked about it and decided to go. I'll be meeting cousins that I've never met before. We're only going for 1 night, but I think it might be worth the effort.

Well I might go read another book or download this one huge one I got from the library...30 discs. Anyway, hope you all have a great Sunday.

Eva

Charlene,

I'm pretty sure that though sweet potatoes taste sweet and are all carb, they have a very low glycemic load. More nutrients in it than white potatoes. So in limited quantities now and then, not a bad thing.

Pretty funny that date night is pretty guy oriented.

Phyll, glad you're feeling better. Glad you had a good time.

Joyce, thinking of you. I had a panic attack, first in my life, before the surgery. So you are not alone.

Apples, I know you love to do those things. You amaze me being such an undomestic goddess myself. I just wish I were the recipient of all the care and fun you create for others.

Laura, I love the electric slide and the cha cha slide and the macarena. I do the macarena with the kids at school when they need to get rid of the heebie jeebies. I also love to dance the hustle with my husband. And I love freestyle old-time rock and roll dancing. I love doing the YMCA and the chicken dance and all the silly stuff. Dancing totally brings out the kid in me. Maybe because we weren't really allowed to dance as kids. Unless it was with wooden shoes LOL (Dutch joke) Pretty much considered evil along with card-playing, drinking and so on. Funny thing, most Dutch people smoked though. Something they brought with on the boat from Holland.

My husband was too sick for anything yesterday so I picked up my DGD, 3 yrs., and took her to see my other DGD, 2 yrs., and then took her to the mall to ride the merry-go-round. Then we went to a restaurant with a train for kids to ride, and we sat at the counter where our food was delivered by train. And of course there's a big model train set.

I also bought her a pair of jelly sandals that were made to look like pink Minnie Mouse princess shoes at the Disney Store as well as a Minnie Mouse T-shirt. She was able to put her orthotics in the shoes and wear them, so now she'll be more willing to wear her orthotics at home. She loves to play dress-up and now has dress-up shoes that are good for her feet.

So I made sure I had a great time on our anniversary.

Jessica, we all have recouping days and sometimes weeks. It's a process. It helps to vary what you eat, some carbs as long as they're with Protein are not a bad thing once in a while. I drink a lot of milk in my coffee and milk has carbs but also a lot of Protein and Calcium. I could never eat eggs every morning. In fact, with my latest fill, I can't eat anything but a Protein Drink in the morning and my latte.

I'll often eat eggs for lunch on Sunday as an omelette. You are changing things on many fronts. Don't worry about a week with only a 1 lb. loss. You may need another fill soon the way you're losing. You'll be OK.

Cheri

Phyll - I love San Diego. Took my GS & GD there for our summer trip last year and stayed on Coronado. Did all the tourist stuff -- zoo and Sea World. Also took them to Hotel Del for dinner.< /span>

They liked laying by the pool best - teenagers lolol

My nail person came to my house today and took off acrylic on one finger of each hand - for sugery tomorrow. So nice of her to come to the house, since we have ice here. She is a sweety.

DH is more nervous than I am. He brought me gorgeous flowers and picked up all the Gatorade and Jello I could eat in a year. lolol

He needs to feel he is helping. I'm a truly lucky woman. Wait til he sees what this surgery will do for me.

Again, thanks to all of you for including me in your gentle, loving group.

Joyce in Kansas City

Phyll - I love San Diego. Took my GS & GD there for our summer trip last year and stayed on Coronado. Did all the tourist stuff -- zoo and Sea World. Also took them to Hotel Del for dinner.< /span>

They liked laying by the pool best - teenagers lolol

My nail person came to my house today and took off acrylic on one finger of each hand - for sugery tomorrow. So nice of her to come to the house, since we have ice here. She is a sweety.

DH is more nervous than I am. He brought me gorgeous flowers and picked up all the Gatorade and Jello I could eat in a year. lolol

He needs to feel he is helping. I'm a truly lucky woman. Wait til he sees what this surgery will do for me.

Again, thanks to all of you for including me in your gentle, loving group.

Joyce in Kansas City

Joyce, I will be praying for you tomorrow. Sounds like your DH is a very loving caregiver. Take care and let us know how you are doing. We are here for you.

Joyce, good luck tomorrow... You'll soon be on your way.... Sounds like you, too, have a peach of a husband... There are a number of us married ones on this site that have the best husbands and we are lucky enough to really realize it.... It's wonderfull... wouldn't trade mine for anything... Even when he leaves his dirty socks all over the house!!! We'll be thinking of you...... take care...

Laura, your birthday sounds wonderful, even if it was different than planned..... I can see you smiling through it all.... Hope Nael is better very soon....

Cheri, you, too, found a way to enjoy your day even though DH wasn't up to it... Good for you and good for GD...... I like to dance, but I would be the one sitting out all those dances you mentioned!!!! Wouldn't want to make a spectacle of my fat self!! Maybe I'll have to change that attitude pretty soon.... glad you had fun.

Eva, San Diego for an evening with renewed family sounds like a great way to spend time... Hope you have fun....

Phyll, so glad you are better... sounds like you had a fun weekend..

Jessica, I think you're on the right track... Unfortunately the honeymoon period may be coming to a close for you.... At first it seems like the weight melts off without much effort... then your body starts adjusting and you have to start working harder for the results... You will be fine... I've never had this greek yogurt either, but I don't like regular yogurt either... I can eat a Yoplait Whips, but that's about it.....

Apples, your party sounds fun and the food great as always... I'm glad you are getting a littel warm weather before you have to head home again to the real world.... Snow and more snow here!!!!

Janet, hugs on the Ipod..... It's hard to think that someone you love would take from you.... If they had asked you probably would have given it to them... Now that little memory will remain instead... Glad you got a new one and are able to move one..... Yep, us girls beat the guys at cards again last night... But it was one of those games where you had to struggle through it... No one was getting good hands... We got lucky.....

Well, sorry to have to report that I've had a relapse... I was feeling so hopeful because I hadn't had any bad episodes for almost 2 weeks, but now the pain is back with a vengence.... My whole spine area hurts and I feel sickly.... dizzy, headache, some nausea........ All indications that the flow of oxygen to my brain is impaired a little... I need that MRI so bad.... I don't sleep well at all..... And I did so well while in FL.... I feel like I have a giant hangover... My lower back hurts so much that I'm walking hunched over... Just had to call DD to say I don't think I can handle Mimi for a couple days and DH is working this week... It's not a big problem as she can take her with to work at the daycare, but I feel like I'm letting her down.. Don't know what else to do... So, my plan is to call insurance in the morning and scream, holler, cry, plead or do whatever to get them to listen to me.... I have PT on Tuesday again and will also schedule acupuncture and accupressure for that day, too.... I'm surviving on pain pills, ice packs, heating pads and the like....... I haven't had to cry yet, but I was close about 2:00 this morning... Crawled in the shower and washed my hair and got ready for church... managed to sleep in my chair a bit after that... Went to church and came home and slept for awhile.... Managed to do my supper dishes from last night... I just haven't perked up at all today.. Usually the daytime is better and nighttime is bad... So, anyway......................DAMN!!!! I'm so tired of this... Wish I could just go have the dang test without insurance, but this just isn't a good time for that financially either... Just paid all our dang property taxes and we had a big increase this year... And there is just no reason that insurance shouldn't help me.... Sorry for the rant.... I'm sure you are getting as tired of hearing it as I am of living it......

Time to go hit the heating pad again... and take some pills..... Going for Tylenol this time... OHHHH, Judy, how was the singles dance??? Any goodlooking single guys out there????

Hope you all have a good rest of this Sunday.... Hugs to all.... Julie

Good evening everyone!

Joyce in KC~ Glad your husband is being so supportive. I remember the night before my surgery, like it was yesterday. My parents came down and watched my son, so DH could take me to the hospital and such. Do you have Popsicles? Also broth and low sugar apple juice. I couldn't handle the Jello the first few days unless I swished them first. Can't remember if you told us- are you out patient or staying one night? Best of luck! Let us know how you do, when you can.

JulieB~ oh hon, that damn pain! Please call your insurance company and start complaining. It's going to be the only way to get through to them. I would call every day and just be a BIT$#! I hope things improve soon. HUGS.

Cheri~ I don't want you to think I don't like dancing. Hell, ask Janet, she will tell you I can dance! LOL ; ) I just don't like those two I mentioned. Maybe b/c they always played the hell out of those songs. I love just plain boogie/rock and roll, etc. I took dancing as a kid (age 3-9), jazz, tap and ballet. Will have to scan one of those pics.. funny stuff with my panties peaking out of my leotard.

Phyl~ Glad you are feeling better and had a good day. : )

Eva~ Sounds like you had a good chill day. I need one of those. Your SD trip sounds nice. Even better to meet family now that you have lost and will feel more confident to see everyone.

I took Nelson to the park today, so DH could rest. Not sure why but the bees were EVERYWHERE there! I guess b/c it's day #2 of warm weather? Even really far from garbage cans they were chasing us. We came home after an hour and played in the yard. I got some Vit D and feel better already. Ready for Nels to go back to school tomorrow morning, so DH and I can have some us time. (even though he is still sick). I might actually make him go to the dr. (or give in and start antibiotics). It sure is acting like a virus though. We'll see.

I will CBL... peasout.. Laura

T

1 day....we missed you too, but there will be another one and we were talking about meeting in Savanna, GA, how far away is that for you? Hope the new job goes well.

It is about 4-5 hrs away but no problem I have been there a couple of times it is so pretty there I would love to go again.

*** Well I have been MIA for awhile. I have been feeling way down on myself. Love my new job. Just suck at the eating and work out right now. Not working out and not eating right. I need to get my band loosen I have trouble eating and keeping it down and I have so much reflux in the morning. I even take zantac at night before bed. But it does not seem to help. But my Dr is hard to get into right now. what should I do?****

Hey Jewel,,, Some thoughts try the Premier Protein bars from Sams club,, they are 290 calories and 30 grams of Protein, I love them when I am on the run and they will fill you up for a long time.. I know we are band buddies 1/4/10 I have lost 20 and have been on a plateau for over 1 1/2 weeks. I figure because I lost that first twenty so fast my body is just trying to figure out what is going on. I am training for a 5k and use weights to hopefully keep going. How is everything else?? Do you love your band, I love the band so much. I am so glad we are 6 weeks out and on our way. Good luck so happy you are doing so well, and I love the greek yogurt it is very thick and takes some getting use to....

Hey Fourme, Long time. I do love my band. I tried the greek yogurt and it was nasty. I get so antsy about my weight because my Doc really pushes me. He will let me know if I could be making more progress. I am doing great with everything else though. School is going well. Had an off week last week but I am back ont op of things after busting my hump this weekend.

Jessica, you'll find your weight will fluctuate up and down 1-3 pounds sometimes day to day....but overall you should see a loss. That's why some people recommend weighing weekly, not daily. Take beef Jerky for a snack...it helps me from getting really hungry...or try soy nuts...heck a can of V-8 will stave off hunger for me for a couple of hours sometimes. There are alternatives to fast food and things you can take with you that don't need refrigeration.

Eva

Didn't think about jerky, I did look for the soy nuts but my grocery store doesn't sell them. The next closes store is 45 minutes away. I am pretty sure I am fluctuating cause I am on my period.

Jessica, we all have recouping days and sometimes weeks. It's a process. It helps to vary what you eat, some carbs as long as they're with protein are not a bad thing once in a while. I drink a lot of milk in my coffee and milk has carbs but also a lot of protein and Calcium. I could never eat eggs every morning. In fact, with my latest fill, I can't eat anything but a Protein Drink in the morning and my latte.

I'll often eat eggs for lunch on Sunday as an omelette. You are changing things on many fronts. Don't worry about a week with only a 1 lb. loss. You may need another fill soon the way you're losing. You'll be OK.

Cheri

I think tommorrow I will just have a Protein Shake for Breakfast.< /p>

Thanks for all the great advice and encouragment everyone.

Julie - Your pain sounds so much like my DH. He suffered for a couple years and tried everything to avoid back surgery. Finally, he couldn't take it anymore and had it done.

It changed his life. He is back to normal and so happy he finally took the step.

He slept in a recliner for 6 months - does that help you at all???

Sending prayers.

Joyce

Hi Everyone, WOW so many posts, took forever to read them all, can't even begin to remeber them all. I think I have CRS sydrome. lol I couldn't get online yesterday and was busy.

So, Happy belated b-day Laura, Happy Annivers Cheri.

Went shopping got myself some new Nike running shoes, what a bargin too, $29.00. yahoo gotta love a bargin.

We have a Prime Outlets store about 20 mins away so I was out ratting around there.

Apples don't leave the south we are supposed to get 4-8" of snow starting tomorrow here. YUK so ready for spring, think I'll join that groundhog and hibernate for a bunch of weeks. Just need to find someone to support me so I don't have to go to work. lol

Joyce you'll do great tommorrow I'll be thinking about you. I can remember thinking what the He!! am I doing right up til they knocked me out.

Well that's all I can remember. Take care all.

Laura K

Hey gang, just got up from another nap... I take pills and then I sleep for a while and then I get up for awhile...

Anyway, I'm about winding up the info on those who wanted to be on a personal information list I am compiling.... If anyone else still wants on just PM or e-mail me your infor sometime in the next couple days... Otherwise I'll send it out this way to those on the list....

Laura K, wtg on the bargain..... I wish you a DL, too, just like Judy!!!!!

Joyce, thanks for the input.... I've been trying everything.. Was wondering today if I need to consult a neurosurgeon...... It's my neck that is the problem and yes, I sleep in my recliner all the time... not every night, but lots especially when I'm hurting...

Melissa, how is the new job going??? Are you stressing and that is making your band tight?? Hope you are doing better with the food thing soon.... You'll get back on track..... don't try to do too much at once...

Well, back to DH... he wants me to sit and watch TV with him.... Julie