Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

I'm here to help...

Hey everyone, we're home again..... 1000 miles, a funeral, lots of visiting and TBS (tired butt syndrome).... Not a good food time.... too much snacking in the car.... with mother along I think I eat just to drown her out some.... Anyway, I'm very tired and need to get undressed and ready for bed so I can relax a bit before falling asleep.....

Melissa, my flight gets in at 2:20.............. I am the only one coming in from Minneapolis I guess.... So there are really three times to try to meet us..... glad you got it figured out.....

Judy, yes, we're so happy to have you make it.....

Jessica are you joining us for a bit, too??? Hope so... great going on the test

More tomorrow.... Nightie night.... Julie

Good morning.

It's frikkin cold here! 49 degrees this morning! High of 60 something. And I just looked at the weather.com site and it's not looking great for our weekend. Thursday will be ok, then Fri, Sat supposed to rain. 70 for the high. I know you guys were really looking forward to pool weather. But that makes good shopping, hanging out, talking, playing games/cards weather! Thur 64/48, Fri showers 67/48, Sat few showers 69/52, Sunday showers 68/50. I hate to be the bearer of Bad news but want people to pack right.

I think coffee spilled in my keyboard, it keeps putting extraneous characters! It's driving me nuts. I might have to finish this later after my brain wakes up~ he is still sleeping. LOL.

hope every[one is staying warm!!! ttyl peas....Laura

Thanks for the info on the resort change. I would have been going to the wrong place. I do plan on coming down friday atleast and meeting everyone. I may come down thursday night as hubby wants to take a motorcycle trip down. That depends on the weather too. Is there enough room for both of us? If not I don't mind finding another place for us. Just as long as we get to meet ya'll friday.

Husband just called and said he is off on friday. We will both be coming.

Edited by JeweI

Jessica, glad you are coming... We'll find room, not a problem I don't think..... I'm sure the rest will feel the same...

We're just home from a ride in the country to church and back... We've had snow so and the plows haven't been out so it was 4-wheeling all the way.... Not a nasty day really, just very much WINTER!!!! We are to go to dinner at noon to some friends...... DH is out blowing snow. He hates to drive on it before he gets it moves... leaves such a mess that stays too long then... I have to get something to tide me over till we eat as my stomach in empty and nagging me.... You all have a great Sunday..... Are you football fans??? Not us, but we sometimes switch channels to see how things are going.... Good luck to you die hard fans... Hope your team wins..... Julie

I went ahead and booked a room at the Westgate. We stayed there before and had a great time. Plus they have whirlpool baths which my husband loves. Guess I will make it a surprise for him. We are kinda doing it as a valentines thing too.

Good morning.

It's frikkin cold here! 49 degrees this morning! High of 60 something. And I just looked at the weather.com site and it's not looking great for our weekend. Thursday will be ok, then Fri, Sat supposed to rain. 70 for the high. I know you guys were really looking forward to pool weather. But that makes good shopping, hanging out, talking, playing games/cards weather! Thur 64/48, Fri showers 67/48, Sat few showers 69/52, Sunday showers 68/50. I hate to be the bearer of Bad news but want people to pack right.

Laura - That is Fl weather. It always changes LOL. It might be different next week.

I went ahead and booked a room at the Westgate. We stayed there before and had a great time. Plus they have whirlpool baths which my husband loves. Guess I will make it a surprise for him. We are kinda doing it as a valentines thing too.

Jessica - We posted at the same time. That is cool a surprise for you hubby.

I've been checking on the weather too and want to make sure I bring the "right" stuff. So it's raining here today and a little cool, about 46 right now, so I tried out my hoodie with my henri lloyd rain coat (a light jacket) and that worked pretty well. Warm, but not too warm and the rain jacket is the newest and a breathable one...so I think I'm set. It's raining here now too....we have 7/10's of an inch so far. That's a good rain for us.

Jessica, glad you got your plans straight. Sounds like you are going to have a good weekend too. My DH will be joining us on Saturday as long as his flight gets in.

Except for the humidity, it seems the weather in FL is similar to ours in the winter.

Laura, thanks for the resort info...I also had the wrong one and was going to send DH some place else. That wouldn't have been good.

We went out for Breakfast this morning and I changed my normal order and ended up PBing...had to tell DH to drive faster so I could get home before it started to come up. You would think I'd learn.

Check back later..

Laura,

About the gas. I don't take anything. I just make sure I'm not constipated so I have a "wind tunnel" for it to escape. Was a little constipated (TMI) at work the other day and the back pressure on my band was painful and I even had pain going up into my shoulders. I kept moving around until things opened up. I found that pain was as bad if not worse than the "stuck" pain when there's too much in the pouch. I can't take anything when the pouch is full of gas because I'd just pb on it, so I just wait it out.

Gonna go to the movies. Never watch the superbowl and we figure the theatres will be empty. Didn't even know today was the superbowl till I got to church and it was mentioned there. Seems to me its mostly get wasted day and eat crap till you drop day. Never did enjoy it much. Gets way too noisy for me the few times I've gone to a party. I eat because there's nothing else to do.

Cheri

Good afternoon. We just got back from our weekend in the mountains, had a great time. FUnny DS & DD at ages 28 & 26 still bicker, tease, etc. in the backseat just like they were kids. The hotsprings was really fun and I enjoyed that a lot. Something I would not have done before I lost the weight. DD said she was shocked when she saw me come out of the dressing room in my new tankini especially around the shoulders and stuff how thin I was. COOL!! No one would say that about my legs. LOL On the way home today we stopped off at the outlets in Silverthorne and I found me some denim capris finally. Got them at Chico's have never shopped there before as I don't like or understand why they have to size things differently, is it for our egos so we can say we are a size 1 or 2? LOL

Leaving shortly for a SuperBowl party, I don't have a team in it so don't care who wins but if I had to pick a winner I'd prefer the Colts. I am in it for the commercials.

Laura, remember half of us are coming from snowy, wintery conditions so to me that weather wasn't too bad of news at all! I'd prefer dry and no rain but will deal with it. Thanks for the update!

Jewel, glad you and DH are coming and that you got your own room. Will be fun to see you and also fun for you two to have a little weekend to yourselves.

Melissa, I am sure it is fine if you fly in early and ride with Apples and I. I arrive on Delta, maybe we can hook up at the airport so Apples just has one stop to make to pick up. I have your cell number so let's call one another when we land.

Hi all--hope your team wins--I like to watch Puppy Bowl on Animal Planet--so funny!

So we are staying at the Tuscana? Is that right? I plan on being there on Friday early afternoon. Will everyone be in the rooms?

I am coming from Sun City Center, which is 30 minutes from Tampa.

Curious--chicken can be tough to handle, esp. if it is dry. I do not handle chicken well. Also, the band is fickle--one night had 1 oz of salmon, next night-couldn't handle it at all.

Joyce, welcome! This is the best group! So supportive--not just about the band, but about anything in life. I just lost my old dog and the love I received was abundant and so appreciated!

So, I've been back to BandLand for 2 weeks now and have lost 15 lbs. Wouldn't it be great if we could lose 15 lbs every 2 weeks....from now on, it will probably drag--we'll see! I was able to get into my size 14 pants.

Stay warm! Judy

Just looked up Tuscana.net and--

there is a heated pool and a jacuzzi!

Let's bring bathing suits! (and a robe!--it's chilly here)

Hey you FL girls, do you just do a carry-on or do you check your bag....??? I don't remember having to pay the last time we flew...... I haven't figured out which bag I need yet.... I'm really unsure of what clothes to pack..... I guess I'll just throw something in and go for it no matter what..... but I am curious if you check or carry-on........... Julie