Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

I'm here to help...

OMW you all have been busy

Charlene - lol I love spring rolls -and I make up concoction all the time - it's all good..

Eva

I think we will be ok - we need to kiss and make up... I ate a beef/ostrich stick I got at GNC last night 80 cal 14 grms pt and a few bites of my oat meal - lunch was this great creamy tortilla Soup - I am going to try to make it for dinner tomorrow night - but I am adding chicken to mine as my BIL won't live on just cream soup w/no meat for dinner. A lot of doc say to eat every 3-4 hrs - I feel that you have to find what works for you - and Beck say it too ;0)

Laurak - Your penance is to ALWAYS ALWAYS read the calories of what ever food you are consuming... I know that a small lite mocha frapaccino w/no whip creams has 110 cal

Last nite at GNC - I was looking at pt bars - hell some have 400 calories !!! I read the back of everything before I eat or buy the food..

]

Deb - Ok GF I know my doc's scale is 6 lbs heavier than mine - so I have never sweated the fact that I weigh more on his - I go by mine period.. As to your little binge - Yep GF we are food addicts - I know myself - if I had Cookies in the house or candy that I like - I can not stop at one serving - I just keep on eating..

And I totally get you about night time eating - that's when I consume the majortiy of my calories - but I budget for them - and w/this fill - I really haven't been able to eat too much after dinner - but did have a fudgesicle last night and put a teaspoon of pb on it - that was bad

So do what you said - get all the trigger foods out of the house - if it's not there you can't eat it..

Last Xmas i bought this white choc hot choc mix - I would dip my sf fudgesicle in it - and it wasn't sf - well - i took an 80 cal treat and made it 200 - so in the trash it went..

Log your food it helps and not having tempting foods around is a must - if you want a cookie - go to the bakery and buy just one (only do this every couple of weeks or once a month) - and then take it home and eat it slowly and enjoy it - if you are like me you might want more but you aren't going to go back out to get it ;0) - so if it's not there you can't eat it :0)

Great - It was awful and painful (tmi) then having the runs after the Constipation finally past was the pits - I know it was due to not drinking enough Water - I did better today..

I don't eat out much - that's about the only thing (besides car issues) that I miss about not having a DH - I don't make the best choices when I go out - but since I don't do it often - those are my treat times - I will go an have a shrimp cocktail at a mex resturant instead of an enchillada (my fav) sometimes - I don't like eating out at some places - like at kfc - I want the reg fried chick instead of a grilled ck breast ;0) - I still eat the skin on a chick too - it's my fav part..

As far as dressy goes - I would like to go eat at emerils or the moon place - so I thinks something dressy casual - like apples said now a days you add a jacket to a pair of jeans and you are dressed up..

I hear you on the distressed look hate it - I like indigo jeans/capris - and no I no longer feel out of place at places like Macy's - But again I have been buying clothes in the reg department for quite a while now - and have learned to navigate the store - INC - Ralph Lauren - Style & Co - NY Jones are the sections I usually hit - the other stuff is a bit pricey for my blood - I am not paying $100 for a teeshirt ;0)

Laura - Ya it finally passed - it felt like Apples kidney stone :0) - Like I said - it's my lack of fluids - so in FL make sure I drink my water - My GD will be 6 in March ;0)

Hugs on Dad - Phyl has one of those scooters - We all took turns on it while at Mall of America - they are fun and fast..

Apples - Like I said just make sure I drink in FL and I mean water ;0)

My mom was like your DS x - she was the abuser

Jessica - Love the pic WTG on the 25 lbs !!!

Linda - No I never hit a plateau - I was very very lucky in that manner - and I never did the food eaten minus exercise - that would have give me permission to eat more ;0)

Personally I don't think you are eating to many carbs - I might switch from eats to meat & veggies for lunch .

I think you are doing good on your calories and your body is adjusting - just keep doing what you are doing and the plateau will peak - and just a tweek to the calories one day may be enough

Julie - Have you seen a nerosurgern - I had these major headaches yrs ago and it was a form of whip last - falling asleep on airplane - neck bobbing - ice at the side of the back of your head base of you skull/spine you know where those little indentations are - try it ..

Ok gang it's 9 and I gotta go eat - CBL

Too late to post...11 hour day today and stuff to do tonight. Tomorrow is an early morning with a dentist appointment in the late afternoon. I'll try and check in later.

Good night ladies

I'm going to try this again. Lost two posts this morning. Someone out in cyberspace is reading a crazy lady post.

Good Mornin' again. Me and the dog are already fed a couple of times and letting others sleep in. We got up about 5am...hard to break that farm schedule I am on.

Just plan on hitting the road today and finding something to do. Tomorrow I think we will do Mt. Dora or St. Augustine. Flee markets this weekend. Making spaghetti for dinner tonight. Made a chocolate cheese cake this morning and it's in the oven and smells wonderful.

Ate like a piggy yesterday...hoping that makes a difference. Well, not going to try and duplicate my last two posts. Hope you all have a good day. Will talk later.

Good morning guys~

DH was up and out the door at the butt crack of dawn. He was on the schedule to work Pres. Day weekend. When I strongly objected he rearranged his schedule for me, but now it has him on call Thurs, Fri, Sat and Sun- starting today. I might have to be REALLY really nice these next couple days!:) It will be tough, but I will try.

Last night we ate out and I was soooo super proud of myself. I ordered a cup of onion Soup (no cheese or bread on it) and their house salad with a piece of salmon. I always love the add on portion of Proteins b/c it is just perfect for us. I got their vinaigrette on the side and asked for vinegar. I use like 1 tsp of theirs for the extra flavor and then use vinegar. Yummy salad with feta, a few olives, artichokes and roasted red peppers. I was bummed I could only eat a small amount. Not sure why the sudden tightness yesterday. All day even with Water I would get that "air escaping" sound that sounds like a burp. Weird.

OK... Emeril's or Moon Fish? Take a vote. I say Moon Fish. Once we get a count, I will go ahead and make the reservation. Let me know. Send me a PM, so I won't miss it too.

Time got away from me... time for car line! BBL

peas

Good Morning Peeps.

Cking in before work - I hate having to watch my internet surfing during work ;0) will have to watch it for a few more days - the one boss who may have been the one who say or said something should be leaving me alone - My GF is IT so she's the one who warned me..

Apples - Glad you ate yesterday it will come back on - Have fun at your flee markets - Enjoy your day..

Eva - I didn't get off the computer til 9 last night ate my dinner - took my pb med & xanax and slept last night - Andrew will get the house cleaned for Sis visit - Keep me in your thoughts this weekend - I really didn't need company this weekend - I gotta pack - nails - bank - stuff to do to get read for FL hell one week from today I will be leaving for airport about now ;0) - I think my plan leaves at 7 a.m. and will be meeting you in DFW ;0)..

Steph - my vote it moon fish ... I will email you..

Well not much to report - food yesterday

BF beef/ostrich stick a couple bites of oatmeal

L cream tortilla Soup - threw away the cookie that came w/it

D Fish & spinach

S 2 sf puddding and teaspoon pb

Great - Hope that kids get their stuff worked out..

Well it's 5:35 already - gotta make bed this morning a pick up some - I make bed every morning - but don't always put the pillows back on - 9 of them ;0) but since got company coming I guess I will ;0)

CBL

Janet...wishing you fun with your sister and lots of luck in everything going smoothly. Hope you get all your "stuff" done.

Laura....Moon Fish is fine for me...I will also PM you.

I vote for Moonfish! (PM also sent)

Good morning!!! I am up bright and early this morning. DH couldn't find something this morning so that of course became my problem too. LOL He was going in extra early this morning as he has to hold some special briefings to inform the employees of some raises so it was good news for them, so I was still sleeping.

Still no decision from DD on the wedding. We need to know soon as it's time for invites to go out etc. if it continues in March.

Janet, hope the visit goes smoothly with your sis. I never put the pillows all back on my bed either unless company is coming.

I eat the skin on chicken too and do go to KFC periodically to get my fix.

Apples, enjoy the flea markets. When I've visited my folks I know there was a great big one either near The Villages or Ocala, can't remembe which, it's been awhile since we've gone.

Eva, hope you don't have any cavities. I hate the dentist, never could get over my fear.

I hate the dentist also -- can't imagine anyone who likes anyone poking around in their mouth. Hope everyone is having a great day. I'm feeling good today - got up early and got my exercise in. Janet, thanks for your advice -- I think you're right - the ONLY carbs I eat really is the fruit and I must have a banana every day to keep my potassium levels up and I really enjoy my tiny amount of strawberries/fruit every day. Like I said, this same formula worked from day 1 so I can't imagine that it really can be the food - I think it's just a plateau and I just have to learn to live with it and continue working the plan. So I'll quit obsessing about it now. LOL. I think part of the problem is is that I'm really working it hard and I expect and need (and deserve) the reward of losing a little every week. I'm sure it will pass, just gotta learn to accept it for now.

Right now I'm at work and i tried eating my omelette and it is stuck and I'm miserable. By the time it passes it will be cold so I won't be eating that.

Janet, glad you're better today -- drink that Water girl. It is so miserable to have Constipation.

Eva, hope you're doing okay after the dentist.

Supposed to get snow flurries for next few days, boy am I ever ready for spring!

Apples, enjoy that chocolate cheesecake - sounds fabulous. I love flea markets -- the bigger the better - you probably had a ball today.

Well, everyone gotta get back to work -- CBL. Have a great day -- love to all. Great - hope everything is okay with DD and she makes a decision soon. Linda

Good evening, awfully quiet here today. I just thought I'd post an interesting thing they said on our local news tonight. They did a weight loss study at high altitude. They studied some folks from elsewhere who came here, they kept their diets the same and exercise the same and they lost weight. They think the high altitude does something to the metabolism, however, the affect didn't last forever and eventually they went back to normal. I know many folks say they get tighter when they fly maybe there's something to it. I never do but maybe that's because I live at a high altitude? Who knows, just thought it was interesting.

Well DH got a phone call today and is set for an interview for his promotion next Thurs. He will be interviewing as I am flying to FL.

Also I got a call today and I am going to do some side work for the nurse practioner that is the head of the bariatric dept that I got my band at, I am going to do some data entry for her tomorrow and on an as needed basis. Cool! We may meet first at the gym in the morning, I'll go as her guest since I'm not a member there.

I read a theory as to why the band is tighter in the mornings. The article I read said it had to do with how the fluids in the body settle at night when you are sleeping and lying down. After you are up the fluids redistribute again and you loosen up as the day goes on.

This sounds like a good theory....I do think it has something to do with laying down...does anyone notice a difference after a nap....does anyone take naps?

Good morning guys~

DH was up and out the door at the butt crack of dawn. He was on the schedule to work Pres. Day weekend. When I strongly objected he rearranged his schedule for me, but now it has him on call Thurs, Fri, Sat and Sun- starting today. I might have to be REALLY really nice these next couple days!:sifone: It will be tough, but I will try.

Last night we ate out and I was soooo super proud of myself. I ordered a cup of onion Soup (no cheese or bread on it) and their house salad with a piece of salmon. I always love the add on portion of Proteins b/c it is just perfect for us. I got their vinaigrette on the side and asked for vinegar. I use like 1 tsp of theirs for the extra flavor and then use vinegar. Yummy salad with feta, a few olives, artichokes and roasted red peppers. I was bummed I could only eat a small amount. Not sure why the sudden tightness yesterday. All day even with Water I would get that "air escaping" sound that sounds like a burp. Weird.

OK... Emeril's or Moon Fish? Take a vote. I say Moon Fish. Once we get a count, I will go ahead and make the reservation. Let me know. Send me a PM, so I won't miss it too.

Time got away from me... time for car line! BBL

peas

Butt crack of dawn....I love it. That's how I feel about early morning. It's nice that he rearranged his schedule for US!! Good job at dinner too. I just PM'd you. I guess PMing is better than PBing.....

The dentist was just a cleaning. No I don't have any cavities now...they all have fillings in them. I get the teeth cleaned 3 times a year. This appointment was about 6 weeks early...Sean lost track of time and scheduled me too soon, but it was good because I didn't have to go to the big ra ra meeting in Phoenix today. I really didn't want to go to that.

Linda, I'm glad you are going to relax a little about your weight loss, I know you are doing everything right and I'm sure your weight will drop probably all 13 pounds in a week. Sorry, just my sick sense of humor. Seriously, physics pretty much dictate how the whole calorie/exercise intake thing goes and you will have to get off the plateau sooner or later. I take my eggs to work with me too and heat them up in the microwave because for some reason I don't like those cold.

Janet, I will be keeping my fingers crossed for you. As long as they don't decide to move in with you, you'll be okay. And how long can it take you to pack? You've got Andrew to watch the house while you're gone...he'll feed the dogs and cat, so no worries.

Cheri...interesting post on the lap-band rules, but if I limited my meals to 10 minutes....I would be starving. It takes me at least 20 minutes to eat easy food, like oatmeal and sometimes as long as an hour to eat 4 oz of beef. And if I don't chew...I get stuck....that's not pleasant. Some of the longer time thing is me....really making the food last, but some if it is me having to eat slow.

Okay....I'm going to do my yoga tape. I'll be back..........

Yep, quiet tonight.

This is the first time I've done yoga in years. I don't do it well, but wow, it feels good. I am very stiff and yoga helps limber me up. I can't do all of the poses (back and knee issues) but I do what I can. Here's a NSV for me, I can actually sit on the floor and cross my legs. I couldn't do this three weeks ago. I can't stay in that position very long, but I can get there. YIPEE

As little as I do exercising...I'm already noticing differences in how I feel.

So I didn't eat all my sashimi today at lunch (and believe me, it's sooo much less than I used to eat) so I took it back to work with me and didn't get to it there. Now I'm having sashimi for dinner. Yummmm

Prattling along here. Hope everyone has a good night. I'm debating whether to turn on the auto cad computer and work, but I'm might just read the diet book instead.

later ladies

Eva

Eva, great job in getting down, that's on the floor. LOL Gotta love it when we can reach those little milestones.

Great, that will be cool for you maybe it'll turn into something more.

Everyone take care.

Laura K

okay so bad news today. If you remember my Mom was coming to Fl with me then she bailed on me then my BF was coming now she just bailed. do I smell or something? Geez what the heck. I don't really want to drive the eight hours by myself. I could take my kid out of school and bring him but then I would have to entertain him and that is not what the trip is about.

For those that are flying what time are you getting into the airport on Thurs and when are you leaving on Sunday?

Melissa, I sure hope you are still coming!! I am flying standby but I am planning on trying for the earliest flight possible (which means flying all night from Denver to Atlanta) and hope to get in to Orlando as early as 830. Others are arriving in the afternoon. Apples is picking me up about 10 if I make my flights and Laura is picking up the o thers in the afternoon from what I understand. I just emailed everyone asking about their flight times home so I can co-ordinate with them. Anxious to meet everyone and see Apples again.

1 day....Janet and I are getting in around 4pm...we are on the same flight from Dallas to Orlando. 8 hours is a long drive, but have you ever done audio books while driving. They can make the miles go by faster. Or maybe you can check for a last minute deal on a flight. Don't you bail on us too. We want to meet you!!

LauraK...thanks!