Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

I'm here to help...

Jessica -- good going -- you are doing such a great job -- keep it up -- you are in what they call Bandster Hell right now -- you will be hungry until your first fill - after you heal and before that first fill you MUST rely strictly on willpower. If you are terribly hungry between meals you might try a Protein Shake to tide you over. Just an egg for Breakfast isn't enough -- maybe the egg plus a Protein Drink or some oatmeal would help you feel full longer. I remember eating Jello in between meals as Snacks just to trick my brain into thinking I was eating -- you might also pick up some sf fudgecycles/popcycles to help stave off those hunger pains as well -- also a sf cocoa or hot tea/coffee might help -- be sure you drink all the Water and even more if you are hungry -- too much water won't hurt -- and it does seem to help stave off the hunger. You might also try to chew some sf gum -- again chewing seems to help the brain/stomach connection. We've all been there and understand what you're going through -- just keep up the positive thinking -- you're doing great! Linda

Good evening, I am back from my adventure in the mountains. I had a great day. Yes i got a bag at Coach. I got a crossbody bag, it's small, bright pink with a small pocket on the outside too. I thought it would be perfect for our trip to Isreal as I hate carrying a big bag and feels more secure since it's crossbody style. And I hit a bonaza at Ann Taylor though I went to other stores, I was very disappointed in the Jones NY outlet. Not much at J Crew or Coldwater Creek. but Ann had 40% off everything including clearance. I got 2 pairs of capris for summer for $4 each and 2 summer tops also for $4 another top, a blue corduroy blazer and a pair of earrings. So cool! Dh says fishing is getting expensive. LOL He had a great time fishing too. And it was beautiful up there today, so sunny, clear and we saw about 30 deer and 20 big horn sheep on the say up. And I got to spend the day with my 2 favorite guys DH and DS.

Chewing Gum, my doc says no, as it produces gases in the pouch especially early after surgery, so might check with your doc on that.

Jewel, I think you are entering Bandster Hell. Can you try upping the Protein even by putting the taste free powder in your food? How about some Jerky between meals?

Phyl, you rarely find me in a Starbucks, they only thing I like there is Water. DH suggested I go there as the internet then I found out they charge for their internet and McD's is free. However, I spent somuch time shopping I didn't need to kill any time anywhere.

Good job ladies on your losses this week.

I found some steel cut oats, made them this am. Boy do they fill you up and keep you a lot fuller than reg oats. I put some nuts and Peanut Butter in them. I didn't even eat lunch because I was still full.

Hey Lori, we have a Ann Taylor Loft in our area. Just found it but didn't have time to go in.

Have a great night

Laura K

Watched my 5 yr old grandson play basketball. Hilarious.

Then went to their house and the 2 and 5 yr old and I ran all over the house playing ambulance, fireman, Dr., police and bad guys, dogcatcher and dogs. I quieted them down enough to listen to two stories and we had intervals of playing baby bird where I lie on the bed and they crawl under my legs and pretend to be hatching from eggs. I also laid on the couch and they discovered my saggy baggy stomach and the 2 year old started pushing the skin up into a ridge down the middle that he could blow zerberts onto. Then the 5 year old had to do it too. Hysterical.

Then went to Kohls with 30% off coupon and spent $125. Got four pairs of pants that fit and flatter and several tops. Gotta go. Gotta get up early to sing in both services tomorrow.

Protein, protein, protein. Low carbs. When trying to control hunger and lose weight, this is the formula. Keep your hands busy. Keep the crave foods out of the house. Find somebody's child(ren) and play with them. Dance, sing, laugh.

Cheri

Not that fond of oatmeal. My daughter says the steel cut are awful. Says they need so much doctoring to make them taste good they're not that good for you by the time you're done. How do you guys make them palatable without adding tons of brown sugar, butter, cream, etc.? She doesn't believe that people should be eating fake sugar in large quantities. Plus oatmeal is carbs and doesn't leave much room for Protein.< /p>

Cheri, I really prefer steel cut oatmeal to regular oatmeal because it has more texture maybe. I think it tastes pretty similar to rolled oats though. I eat mine with a little bit of dried fruit cooked in it...raisins, dried cherries, apricots, etc. Sometimes I add a handful of walnuts to the mix. I sweeten it with Stevia or 1 spoon of sugar in the raw and that's all I need for it. So it must be a matter of individual taste as is everything.

Everyone's talk of catholic school, etc was bringing up memories. I went to public school but knew several people that went to the catholic high school in Canon. The boys and girls schools were separate but we always heard those catholic kids knew how to party. I was raised as a Lutheran. I prefer a particular Methodist church here in town...but mostly I am not religious at all. Spiritual, but not religious.

Got my hair done today...but the girl that was going to do my nails has sort of disappeared and wasn't there. So I made an appointment to have a pedicure done Tuesday after work. I have my stylist do my hair straight when I go in because I can never get it this straight....it's different and I like it for a change. Mostly I'm a wash and go kinda girl and don't fuss with my hair much, so it's fairly curly most of the time.

Went shopping afterwards and came home to laundry and started sorting through this mountain of papers. It's started and I have a ways to go. If I would just deal with it at the time I get it...then I wouldn't have to do this, but I never learn this lesson. Thick headed I guess.

Time to sleep, hope everyone has a great night.

Eva

Our Fla trip - My BF and I want to go to one them park while we are there I was think of going Friday maybe posting kids and other people will be at work or school so it might not be crowded. Anybody else want to join? I definitely can't wait to meet everyone and chit chat in person about everything.

Just a fly by.... I am in Miami. It's just beautiful here this weekend. I think this is just what I needed. Last couple weeks, I was feeling what a lot of you were... blah weather blues. And I know it's all relative to what you are used to. Although I know 30 degree weather is considered nice weather for some of you... for us, it is tough to handle. And two weeks in a row takes it's toll. We go back home today and then fly to NC tomorrow. Busy busy.

My Dad is having a rough weekend. I guess a delayed response to the chemo on Monday. The side effects were just tolerable all week and last night he started vomiting and having severe bone aches. Seems we will be going just in time. He said, that until now he hasn't felt like he has cancer. He said, he now feels like he definitely has cancer. awww. : (

I didn't get a chance to read all the posts. I will catch up tonight. hugs to everyone. ttyl

peasout... laura

Checking in.......blew my journey yesterday after Dh brought sweets in the house. He shouldn't eat them either. So, no weight loss. The weather is going to be 70 and sunny. I will be walking today. Can't wait . First, I am going to church. I go at 9 and we are out at 10. I am back on track today! I hope all of you have a great day!

Drive by post - just want to let you know I am alive - I had a fantastic time Friday nite - too good of a time really !!!! Lionel Richie was great - lost 20 in a machine went upstairs to the club - and DANCED DANCED DANCED - met a Tuscany Airman, young pple from Mexico - one of the kids was such a cutie - some stupid man who was all over me - but I just wanted to dance not go to bed w/him and truly not interested in having a bf...

Had a bit of a hangover (well mostly just tired hell dancing and being the life of the party is hard work and 2 too many martinis ;0) yesterday but Deb called and the singer in the band sorta liked her and we met him for yogurt around 2:30 - Came home had ravioli's (lite 250 for 1.25 c) a little bread - 3 100 cal Snacks, popcorn and fudgesicyle oh ya some Beans when I 1st woke up yesterday - was starving...

Didn't get anything done I partyed just a little too much and I am still tired today - legs hurt a bit from trying to be a teenager and go to the floor - You guys just don't know I am WILD when I drink (yes that old Catholic school girl comes out lol )- I need to learn how to drink in moderation - that's a word I just don't know lol

Melissa

HAPPY BIRTHDAY

13_10_12.gif

HOPE YOU HAVE A GREAT DAY

Melissa's Birthday?????????? How did I miss that?

HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO YOU

HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO YOU

HAPPY BIRTHDAY, DEAR MELISSA

HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO YOU!!

Hope it's the best birthday ever (well, I guess the day you were born should be considered the best birthday ever..lol)

SEE YA IN FLORIDA!

Mornin' Girls...

Just stopping by to say "hi". Busy day. I know Sunday should be a day of rest but today is a working day for us. Have stuff that needs to be completed b/4 we leave a week from now.

All our crop info and acreage reports need to get to the insurance agent (hours and hours of work), and in the middle of doing it, I decided to defrost a couple of freezers. Plus, going to finish the rest of the packing. Sorting in freezers cuz want to take homegrown MN corn fed beef to youngest DS. Will fill his freezer. One thing he cannot get used to is the taste of grass fed steaks. He usually eats buffalo.

Anyway, that's my day.

Hey Party Girl...oops...I mean Janet. Everyone deserves space on the dance floor once in awhile. Happy to see you went out and had some fun, got flirted with and were peeling guys off. Way to go!

Way to go Janet, gotta let lose every once in a while.

I need to go out and do that.

Happy B-day Melissa.