Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

I'm here to help...

Breaking news, it's above zero already this morning!! A whole 3 degrees. Janet, I really, like Apples, feel for you having to shut that back door because your fingers were cold. Sorry you had to suffer through that! :thumbup::unsure::thumbup: We are supposed to get to 30's today. I hope so, I am taking Grandma out shopping and to lunch today.

Well I told DH last night, I would move if that is what he wanted to do for his job. Practically it's the best move for us, emotionally it will be tough. I feel like I am leaving my unborn grandkids and they won't know me. BUt DS isn't even married and no girlfriend and DD is waiting 2 yrs after marriage anyway and she's about to embark on a whole new life, so this might be good too. He promises I can fly back often as I want (it's a close flight) and his job will entail travel and I don't have to work and can travel with him. Might be kindda fun. But guess it will be awhile before he finds out for sure and it's official, he has to go through the entire process even though they are asking him to put in for it (interview etc). He thinks we can drag it out til the end of summer before we actually physically move too.

Jewel, sorry your MIL isn't very supportive, she sounds like my mother. Do you have to live there, is there any other living arrangements for you? I was lucky and had no gas pains, the surgeon said he sucks it all out before he closes up or something. But I hear walking helps a lot. HOpe it passes soon, it will be worth it!

Nazzy, Yep I got the skin issues too. I'm down 126 lbs in one year but I will take the loose skin any day over the fat, never would I have stopped losing the excess weight to avoid the skin. As Janet says, the skin won't kill ya, the fat will. And I look at it as a battle scar of some place I never want to go back to. You will learn what kind of clothes and cuts of clothes fit you best and best disguise it too. For example even though I am wearing 8's and 10's now if a pant says skinny cut I know I can't wear it as my legs have too much skin. Congrats on your 100 lbs!

Childcare, sounds like you are pretty tight if you have to eat so many liquids and mushy foods. You need to be able toeat solid Proteins. Congrats on your loss thus far.

Phyl, WOOHOO!! 2 more pounds pancakes and all! How's your knee doing? What kind of bend did you end up with? My therapist measured my first knee bend yesterday and I'm still only at 128 and he says that is where I might stay. I was hoping for more but guess it's almost 130. I think it is still more than before surgery as that knee is so bad. My 2nd knee is already at 122 so it's almost there already. It's rehabbing much quicker than the first. When is your #2 getting surgery?

Janet, just joking with you on the 60 degrees, it's all what we are used to. We are supposed to get to almost 50 this weekend, and I am serious when I say folks will be wearing shorts and sandals. Not me! I get too cold after losing this weight.

Apples, stay safe on those roads if you venture out. i woke up a lot last night too hot as well. Since it was so cold out, I was sure I needed my big down comforter on and I woke up wringing wet from sweating. Kicked all the blankets off and then of course an hour or so later was freezing to death.

Eva, what is a javelina?? Oh and sashimi? UGH!! my DD eats all that stuff and is forever trying to get me too, anything I've tried I've not liked but she's not giving up trying to get me to try others. LOL

Well my day just opened up, as I was typing this Grandma called and doesn't want to go out as it's too cold and we are going to wait til Monday. HMMM what to do? Probably nothing and stay home and rest. Of course, she did hint that I still come by and visit so will maybe do that.

Edited by Great2BThin

I called the Doc's office today to discuss my pain issue. She said they had to use extra gas to expand my belly during surgery. She said the best thing I could do was breathing exercises. She also said it was completely normal to feel pain this far in and that I may feel it for up to 3 weeks. It hurts mostly in the morning because I have been laying around all night. On Sunday I am gonna switch to Tylenol so by Monday morning I can drive myself to school and have the loritab out of my system. The loritab also makes me sleepy and I feel the pain again if I end up napping from it. I did manage to sleep on my belly a little bit last night. I feel much better to know that what I am feeling is normal. Someone in the world believes it is not just in my head or me being lazy. Such a relief to have that support. I found some clean sweat pants to wear today but I need my hubby to wash some bras so I can get out of wearing this robe all day. He may be off all weekend so hopefully he can straighten things back up. I can do a little bit. I did manage to clean up the bathroom yesterday. I'll put some effort into the livingroom today. That really is the only room visable to my MIL because the rest of our living space is upstairs.

Jessica...what you are going through as far as pain goes sound pretty normal. They cut you, they blow you up and extend your cavity beyond capcity. In my case, the gas pain was the worst. But, I kind of knew what to expect because I had so many previous surgeries. And, I believe just being put under screws with our emotions and tires us out tremendously.

You are doing great from the way it sounds. Up and walking as much as you feel you can, putzing and doing a few things, taking naps, lost 18lbs since the beginning of this process. Pat yourself on the back, be strong and TRY to let any negative comments roll. I know that's not easy but it will only make you stronger. You are in a not-so-great situation with living with someone else right now and I feel for your frustration.

You are young and you came to the realization at this early age that you want to live a healthy life. If you asked any of us in our 40's and 50's if we have any regrets and I think we would all have the same answer...that we would have done this sooner for ourselves. I, for one, am very, very proud of you!:thumbup:

Jessica

We all relate to pain differently.. I had surgery on Tuesday and by Thursday I was feeling pretty good - moving slowly but moving - each day you will feel better - heck you can throw in a load of bras & undies - that's not heavy lifting :0)

Apples - I'm sorry about the 60 degree weather saying I'm cold - I don't know how you girls do it.. I would look like Nelson (michelen girl) if I lived in the minus degree weather..

My blood is thin from living in the desert all my life - it's accustom to the heat - where you all would die at 110 degrees - so I guess it's a trade off :0)..

Well, at work - TGIF !!! Next Friday is my Furlough Friday - It's hard working 5 days in a row after all the short weeks we have been having :0)

Eva - I usually try and get off the computer around 7:30 or 8 my time - which is what 2-3 hrs diff than most of the others and we are an hour apart now or the same - i can never remember

I need some decompress time before bed - which is anywhere from 9:30 to 10:30 - Alarm goes off 4:45 a.m.

Whats a javaline - fox like animal or a bird?? My camera sometimes takes good pics and other times it doesn't I too need to read the manuel :0)

Jessica

We all relate to pain differently.. I had surgery on Tuesday and by Thursday I was feeling pretty good - moving slowly but moving - each day you will feel better - heck you can throw in a load of bras & undies - that's not heavy lifting :0)

Apples - I'm sorry about the 60 degree weather saying I'm cold - I don't know how you girls do it.. I would look like Nelson (michelen girl) if I lived in the minus degree weather..

My blood is thin from living in the desert all my life - it's accustom to the heat - where you all would die at 110 degrees - so I guess it's a trade off :0)..

Well, at work - TGIF !!! Next Friday is my Furlough Friday - It's hard working 5 days in a row after all the short weeks we have been having :0)

Eva - I usually try and get off the computer around 7:30 or 8 my time - which is what 2-3 hrs diff than most of the others and we are an hour apart now or the same - i can never remember

I need some decompress time before bed - which is anywhere from 9:30 to 10:30 - Alarm goes off 4:45 a.m.

Whats a javaline - fox like animal or a bird?? My camera sometimes takes good pics and other times it doesn't I too need to read the manuel :0)

Awww, Janet, I DO have sympathy for you whimpy "fair weather" peeps.:tt1: Heck, my own strapping 250lb son turned down a free airline tickets to fly home cuz "It's just too cold in MN and there's nothing to do". And, this is a kid that lived in Alaska for two years. You are correct...it's all what you are accustomed to.

I'm typing this in tears. I've failed the band, life was crazy and I lost, no I gave up control. I'm headed back to the Doctor on Tuesday. I will be up 14lbs since I saw him last in August.

I've started reading The Beck Diet Solution--- six week plan to train your brain to think like a thin person. One of our fellow bunnies suggested it. It seems to be just what I need. I've got to conquer my head hunger & issues. It's the only way I'm going to succeed. Failing the band is not an option--- be there done that.

I also have an appointment to see a therapist. I'm trying to do everything I can to get back on track or I should say find the correct track. The one I was on wasn't going the way I wanted.

I've signed up to start a Workout to Lose program at our health club. I have a friend doing it as well. We also have been walking the current channel every Tues & Thurs at 5am. I can workout in the mornings.

I really just need someone who knows what life with the band is like. I would love a mentor. Thank you in advance if you are willing to mentor.

MyTurn - Hugs Gf - We are all here for you... Sorry for the struggles !!!

Yep imho I think the majority of our issues w/food are in our heads - to band they haven't developed a band for that - then we would be set..

I can tell you from personal experience I will be physically full but still crave more food - I experience this daily.

You are taking the steps needed to get back on track - alot of pple think the band is going to do the work - but it doesn't yes it helps but it's only a tool - the real work is up to you..

How's your restriction? Are you keeping a food diary? I am glad you are exercising - again imho it's very important to our new lifestyle..

This isn't a diet - it's a lifetime change in our eating and exercise habits - this is the what we have to do for the rest of our lives - we can never go back to eating like we use too.

You have to find a system that works for you - that you can live with the rest of your lifes - not for 6 months but forever..

I haven't heard of the Beck thingie - I don't think - I would have to read about it -

Our new lifestyle is all about eating Healthy - low fat - limited sugar and starches (white refined stuff)..

Ya we don't crave 4 oz of meat - we crave 2 cups of Pasta loaded w/butter or cheese sauce or a bag of Cookies -

We can still have these things in moderation - but that's the key word - it's not the one slice of cake that made us fat it's the 2nd - 3rd or 4th piece we had..

Again - You are taking all the right steps to get healthy - we are all here for you...

Look forward to getting to know you !!! Jump on in...

Hugs

Janet

I did throw in some laundry. Just a few whites. Straightened up a bit too.

Thanks all for the support and encouragement. It helps when I start getting emotional.

I too have been waking up in the middle of the night dripping wet (head really) - figure it's just that time of life - I haven't really had any menopause syptoms .. I have been very lucky - but the other night woke up with my head drenched.. took off the gown hopped back into bed and slept just fine - even in the winter I sleep in a lite gown and snuggle under my comfort..

I think I have had the heater on once or twice all winter and that's just to take the chill out - I don't know how you guys live with a heater house at 74 - omg I would die of heat ..

Well - gotta get craking on my work - cbl

I did throw in some laundry. Just a few whites. Straightened up a bit too.

Thanks all for the support and encouragement. It helps when I start getting emotional.

Sweetie - We are here for you 100% - Can't wait for you and DH to be able to move out of that toxic environment !!!

Just know that no matter what you do or don't do - you aren't going to please your inlaws - so don't even bother trying - just agree and say yep you are right I'm just lazy and you are just a B - No just kidding I know you can't say that - but smile and think it and go back upstairs :0)

Hug - I am mean - I don't know how I would handle your situation - I don't think I would :0) - but I'm most likely your MIL age - so she and I would get in a cat fight - I don't tell my DIL mean things - Never would - try and be as supportive as I can be..

I too have been waking up in the middle of the night dripping wet (head really) - figure it's just that time of life - I haven't really had any menopause syptoms .. I have been very lucky - but the other night woke up with my head drenched.. took off the gown hopped back into bed and slept just fine - even in the winter I sleep in a lite gown and snuggle under my comfort..

I think I have had the heater on once or twice all winter and that's just to take the chill out - I don't know how you guys live with a heater house at 74 - omg I would die of heat ..

Well - gotta get craking on my work - cbl

Lucky girl...I have had hot flashes since the sweet age of 38 and they just get worse. We keep our house at 67 during the day and 63-64 at night. When you wake up, you grab the big fluffy robe you laid by the bed and run for the thermostat to turn it up and then light the fireplace and then run for the coffee pot!

Morning all,

Jessica, just hang in there... You are living there with them for a reason and hopefully you can leave sometime soon and this will all be a memory (bad one, but a memory!). You just keep doing what you do..... You'd think when she sees you trying that she would just shut up and help a little..... Apples is right, she's a bag........ Take it easy, but doing a little here and there is probably good for you, too.... Getting things moving...

Great, enjoy your free day.... glad you have come to a decision for your DH.... now just the waiting to see what happens.... Best of luck......

Apples, I'm staying in, too.... It was -33 here this morning... but the sun is out and it is supposed to get to 0...... then 30 by Sunday... Only here could we have a 64 degree difference in temp in 2 days..... Don't like the 30's this time of year... Rain and freezing rain scares me way more that cold and snow......

New gals, welcome... At my age a little droopy skin doesn't hit my worry meter.... But if you are much younger than me, I understand your concerns... Good luck with that.... I can't remember names yet, but one of you has eating issues... You sound really tight.. What does your doc say???

I, too, wake in the night.... Mine is from pain..... I went to bed at 11:00 after taking my sleeping pill and pain pill... Wake at 1:30 with incredible pain... so I take more pain pill and play solitaire till it starts to subside..(3ish) Phone woke me up this morning at 7:00.. my SD brother calling to say that FIL had passed in the night... I made some calls and then went down to my bed and slept till 10:30..........Wow..... I must have needed that..... Now I have to get busy and make food to take to the family... They live about an hour from here..... Tradition around here is that you take food to the family.... We will go Sunday... they are making funeral arrangements today and tomorrow we can't.... Funeral will be Tuesday... hopefully much warmer then... So at least I get to take this food away!!!

Janet, you are doing well with your advice to the new ones, as usual... We are so lucky to have you here... No wonder everyone wants to join in.....Thanks..

Time to go get dressed and be somebody today... Can't be a slouch all day.... Bye now......... TTYL.... Julie

Julie..those ND traditions cross the border. I always have a number of those big roasting pans to take food for when someone dies and I take food to the family. We call them funeral hotdishes or funeral food. I usually make a triple batch of chicken/veggie dish.

Stay warm today. I also decided that I would not venture out today. Still blowing and cold. Got a little gussied up though. Cannot spend every day (even when held prisoner in my own home) in sweats. Just sitting here all cute with no where to go!

Lucky girl...I have had hot flashes since the sweet age of 38 and they just get worse. We keep our house at 67 during the day and 63-64 at night. When you wake up, you grab the big fluffy robe you laid by the bed and run for the thermostat to turn it up and then light the fireplace and then run for the coffee pot!

My house stays about 65 - 71 during the day in the winter - depending on how cold it is outside - without heat - like I said I have turned it on only a couple times to take the chill out before I get in the shower and that's when it shows like 63.. My fluffy robe is at the foot of the bed cuz I go outside w/dogs in the a.m. and at 4:45 it's like 40 outside -and yes coffee is the 1st thing I get when I get up.. I don't know how pple do it w/o caffine in the morning and I am getting to the point that I need an afternoon pick me up some days..

But pretty soon that robe will go back in the closet - then the lite one will come out and then after that no robe will be needed and will have the lightest jammies on that I can find.

I do consider myself very lucky as not to suffer from hot flashes and all the other stuff that goes along w/menopause - I will get a mini hot flash sometime during the day but nothing to write home about and nothing regular..

Morning all,

Jessica, just hang in there... You are living there with them for a reason and hopefully you can leave sometime soon and this will all be a memory (bad one, but a memory!). You just keep doing what you do..... You'd think when she sees you trying that she would just shut up and help a little..... Apples is right, she's a bag........ Take it easy, but doing a little here and there is probably good for you, too.... Getting things moving...

Great, enjoy your free day.... glad you have come to a decision for your DH.... now just the waiting to see what happens.... Best of luck......

Apples, I'm staying in, too.... It was -33 here this morning... but the sun is out and it is supposed to get to 0...... then 30 by Sunday... Only here could we have a 64 degree difference in temp in 2 days..... Don't like the 30's this time of year... Rain and freezing rain scares me way more that cold and snow......

New gals, welcome... At my age a little droopy skin doesn't hit my worry meter.... But if you are much younger than me, I understand your concerns... Good luck with that.... I can't remember names yet, but one of you has eating issues... You sound really tight.. What does your doc say???

I, too, wake in the night.... Mine is from pain..... I went to bed at 11:00 after taking my sleeping pill and pain pill... Wake at 1:30 with incredible pain... so I take more pain pill and play solitaire till it starts to subside..(3ish) Phone woke me up this morning at 7:00.. my SD brother calling to say that FIL had passed in the night... I made some calls and then went down to my bed and slept till 10:30..........Wow..... I must have needed that..... Now I have to get busy and make food to take to the family... They live about an hour from here..... Tradition around here is that you take food to the family.... We will go Sunday... they are making funeral arrangements today and tomorrow we can't.... Funeral will be Tuesday... hopefully much warmer then... So at least I get to take this food away!!!

Janet, you are doing well with your advice to the new ones, as usual... We are so lucky to have you here... No wonder everyone wants to join in.....Thanks..

Time to go get dressed and be somebody today... Can't be a slouch all day.... Bye now......... TTYL.... Julie

Julie - Hugs on the loss for the family - I think it's a tradition period to bring food when someone dies - I know that it's really a releif when pple do - I had a house full and cooking was the last thing on my minded - My XSIL (my other bro's wife) - sent a whole mexican meal w/home made hot sauce meat rice Beans etc when lil bro died.

Aw thanks for the prop's Julie - like I say - we all are in the same boat and we all contribute to this thread - I may have started it - but you all are what makes it work.. It takes a village - I couldn't and don't do this alone - I have all of you who I love dearly.. 1 month from Monday we will be in FL meeting - OMG it's almost here...

Julie..those ND traditions cross the border. I always have a number of those big roasting pans to take food for when someone dies and I take food to the family. We call them funeral hotdishes or funeral food. I usually make a triple batch of chicken/veggie dish.

Stay warm today. I also decided that I would not venture out today. Still blowing and cold. Got a little gussied up though. Cannot spend every day (even when held prisoner in my own home) in sweats. Just sitting here all cute with no where to go!

I have gotte so spoiled now that my area has built up - I only have 2 blks to get to Marshalls - Target - or Grocery store - I didn't have to go 15 miles before but I did have to go to the other side of town to do my shopping 5 - 10 miles..

Awww, Janet, I DO have sympathy for you whimpy "fair weather" peeps.:tt1: Heck, my own strapping 250lb son turned down a free airline tickets to fly home cuz "It's just too cold in MN and there's nothing to do". And, this is a kid that lived in Alaska for two years. You are correct...it's all what you are accustomed to.

Whimpster here.......thanks for the sympathy. I did get out this morning and finally bought steel cut oats. I am going to cook them in the morning.

It is the battle of the thermostat around here. Now that DH has lost 80lbs he wants the temp at 73 and I want it on 71. We do agree to put it on 69 at night. It will probably be in the 70's next week and the battle will end.

I hope all of you stay warm this weekend.

arlene

I am stuck at home cause i got iced in and we have about and inch of snow so i am working from home. i know nothing compared to Apples weather it is 21 right now in north ga and it will get to about 18 tonight

Okay gals. I have a very very small fill now I get acid reflux that wakes me up at night. Before i go back to the dr which is about 1 1/2 hrs away, How long am I supposed to stop eating before going to bed and lying down? I had the fill on Monday the epsiode happen last night and Wendesday when I started to eat normal foods again. Should I go back to muchies and liquids for a little while?

Well since I was all 'gussied up' to take Grandma shopping and to lunch before she cancelled I decided to just go over to her apartment and visit I balanced her checkbook and took care of some other paperwork/financial matters. DS called and met me there and we got lunch just at Jack in the Box. I love their Hearty Bowl Breakfast and got that for lunch and ate half minus the hashbrowns. I finally got blue jeans on today. My knee/leg has been so swollen all I could wear was sweats. DD would laugh at me as I would dress up and put my new tops and sweaters on and then sweat pants. Not sure how much longer I can leave the jeans on though as I might have to peel them off my leg I can feel it swelling some.

I could never sleep if I kept my thermostat in the 70s overnight, it gets turned down to mid 60's for the night time and stays there quite a bit of the day, but starting about 2 or so in the afternoon I get really cold and by 4 or 5 I have inched it back up to about 74 til I go to bed and turn it down. And still sit under a blanket. Not sure why I get so cold in teh afternoons.

Well gals, I am safe, I have already gone to the Ann Taylor Loft website to be sure this new locale has one and there's 2! Not several like Denver but it'll do. DD also informs me that the store closing here down by her fiances was unpacking more stuff and marking more down last night. She's going to check it out for us tomorrow.