Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

I'm here to help...

Jessica, glad the surgery is over and you are doing fine. I couldn't eat real food for 6 weeks!

I may have to put my little old lady poodle to sleep this week--day to day watch. She is not in any pain...Just old and senile....sad to see. She slept in my arms tonight for about an hour. I am single and have no children except for my pups. I will grieve.

The price of love.

I am so sorry about your baby. I have an 8 year old Toy Poodle and I worry as she gets older.

Just letting you ladies know my dr called and schedules a scope to see whats going on once he heard i want the band gone. in my town i have been waiting for 6 months to do scope and my band surgion is 2 hours away and said he would do it in 2 weeks. fnally some amswers

Just letting you ladies know my dr called and schedules a scope to see whats going on once he heard i want the band gone. in my town i have been waiting for 6 months to do scope and my band surgion is 2 hours away and said he would do it in 2 weeks. fnally some amswers

Well I hope you can get some answers soon

Glad to hear you are getting help. I hope it is something simple to fix.

Take care!

arlene

Awww..children's books. I saved every one of my boys books. Favorites: Lowly the Snake, The Please and Thank You Book, all the Golden Books...we were readers. Little footie Carters jammies with an toe headed boy on either side of me.

JB, So sorry to here about your dog. Mine passed away a year ago from a snake bite. I know how sad it can be.

I am doing well today. I am up and walking around. I helped cook dinner. I slept most of the day due to the pain meds. I will probably stop taking them tomorrow. I am starting to crave solid food already. I know it is in my head. chicken broth and Jello just don't do the trick. Tommorow will be my last day of liquids, then I can have liquids and Protein shakes. Hopefully I will feel fuller with those. My husband has been so helpful too.

I will be going to the school tomorrow and getting my books. Hubby will be going with me though. A trip out of the house will probably do me some good too. Tired of being cooped up.

Jessica, You will get thru this phase too, just continue to follow the Dr and take the stages as they say. As Janet says "they banded our stomachs not our brains".

Arlene, congrats on the new grand baby.

Apples, I too have saved all my kids Little Golden Books, DD reads a lot just like me, DS barely will read the Cereal box.

Our pets are our babies, mine is Isaac, a mini daschound. He's going to be 9 this march.

Linda, wonderful for you being turned loose from PT. You girls rock with all your progress.

Laura K

OMW - We have been busy today haven't we !!!!

I got on to post this a.m. but the phone starting ringing - well you know how it goes..

JB - Hugs on your baby - don't know if you remember but I have a little poodle too ;0)

Linda - that's right 1/29 and you have already lost 100 lbs with only 13 to go - WTG GIRL !!!

Charlene - I need to quit watching QVC too lol - I just ordered a click it last night (back up for computer). Congrats on Gbaby!!! Yep you can't let DH weight less than you... My Xdh weighted like 218 and I weight 220 - 230 I always hated that and when I got below 200 I remember thinking now I weight less than him _ I have been backing doing my Wii cuz alot of pple at work got it for Xmas and talking about it - so I have been getting up early this week and doing 1/2 hr before work - and did some over the weekend to - So GF pull it out and get on it - Glad your meds are working

Jessica - Glad you are doing well - Can you have cream Soups ?? If you can make a pot of Beans (navy or pinto - what ever kind you like - season them like you normally do) then scoop the Beans out once they are done and put them in a blender w/some of the bean broth - puree them then add that mixture back to the bean broth - Cream of Bean Soup and it has Protein !!! Good for you - and taste fantastic -

Great -Glad you are letting go !!! WTG... I like long car trips going - no so much coming home - I rather drive from here to my DS house than to drive across town - and I don't even live in a metropolitan area - we get alot of snowbird (Phyl) lol and they drive awful.. (NOT YOU PHYL) - This time of year we have ton's of traffic - and now a days even in the summer we have too much - we use to be a small town ;0)

Freespirit - Glad you are getting it ck'd out..

Laura - I still gotta take all my stuff down - maybe this weekend..

LauraK - Yep we have our babies don't we - What kind of boots did you get??

Julie - sorry your pain is back - Hope you kick the ins companies butt and get that mri..

Well gang - that's all been memory - pretty good for an old broad

Oh Wait Apples' Love the receipt - Glad you got the ye stuff done and spend quality time w/DH - I love your Chill attidute - ya sometimes it's doesn't pay to be a perfectionist ;0)

I have a baby book from DS and I have GS baby book and his first cast (clubfoot cast) and some of his baby clothes and blankets - but that's about it..

If I missed someone it wasn't on purpose - there were too many pages to quote :0)...

food good today - did my cardio - 3.5 miles 506 calories and dinner should be done in a few - blacken cat fish (baked) butternut squash instead of rice - and spinach.... and I am starving..

CBL

Jewel, glad you're doing so well.

Janet, the bean thing sounds like a delicious mushie. I really liked refried Beans, especially with jalopena, with a little low fat Mexican cheese sprinkled on top. Really filled me up. Still makes my mouth Water.

Janet...that dish I made can be served over rice. I don't tolerate it but made brown rice for DH and DS. Since you are a rice eater...

Good catch on throwing in that added comment about Phyll not being one of those bad drivers.

I am going to add one more band-friendly recipe since I have the time before heading to bed. This is something I have made for years but revamped it to this "skinny" version. Just thought I would share...cuz I don't share recipes with just anyone and you guys are SPECIAL.

In a sprayed baking dish:

1 large onion...cut in quarters and sliced

8 oz sliced fresh mushrooms (canned are OK but not as good)

4-5 Roma tomatoes, sliced

1 1/2 lbs raw, sliced sirloin

2 med sized potatoes diced small

1 cup chunky salsa

1 tsp pepper

Layer all in dish and top with 1 pint fat free sour cream. Bake at 350 for 1.5 hours (covered) And, be sure to put the meat on the bottom. Stir entire dish b/4 serving. This is not a "pretty" dish but so good.

Sleep tight...Have a book calling my name

quick quick post.

garbagemen showed up! YEAH! And I even ran out in my sweats with holes (sexy, huh) to give them their holiday bonus ($25 grocery gift card each) for 2 guys. They ALWAYS haul ANYTHING i put on the curb. : ) So, the disaster was diverted.

Apples, what is your pup's name? Nelson was writing him a card and INSISTED on knowing his name. : )

More tomorrow...s ooooooooooooooooo sleepy.

peasout

Jewel, glad you're doing so well.

Janet, the bean thing sounds like a delicious mushie. I really liked refried Beans, especially with jalopena, with a little low fat Mexican cheese sprinkled on top. Really filled me up. Still makes my mouth Water.

It's a Soup Cheri - once you add the Beans back to the both - it's cream of bean soup - I think I told Great about it when she was 1st banded - she made Navy Bean - She lived on it while I liquids - I found that home made foods tasted so much better than canned' Soups - A lady in the 50 thread told me this before I got banded - I had homemade broth ready when I got home - but I was lucky I was on full liquids - but the home made beat canned any day..

Janet...that dish I made can be served over rice. I don't tolerate it but made brown rice for DH and DS. Since you are a rice eater...

Good catch on throwing in that added comment about Phyll not being one of those bad drivers.

I am going to add one more band-friendly recipe since I have the time before heading to bed. This is something I have made for years but revamped it to this "skinny" version. Just thought I would share...cuz I don't share recipes with just anyone and you guys are SPECIAL.

In a sprayed baking dish:

1 large onion...cut in quarters and sliced

8 oz sliced fresh mushrooms (canned are OK but not as good)

4-5 Roma tomatoes, sliced

1 1/2 lbs raw, sliced sirloin

2 med sized potatoes diced small

1 cup chunky salsa

1 tsp pepper

Layer all in dish and top with 1 pint fat free sour cream. Bake at 350 for 1.5 hours (covered) And, be sure to put the meat on the bottom. Stir entire dish b/4 serving. This is not a "pretty" dish but so good.

sleep tight...Have a book calling my name

I love one pot wonders - I think I will have to try this :0)

sleep tight ;0) --- Oh ya - a long time ago I said something about snow birds - forgetting that Phyl was one - but to me she isn't - she's truly a natural born desert rat :0) ...

quick quick post.

garbagemen showed up! YEAH! And I even ran out in my sweats with holes (sexy, huh) to give them their holiday bonus ($25 grocery gift card each) for 2 guys. They ALWAYS haul ANYTHING i put on the curb. : ) So, the disaster was diverted.

Apples, what is your pup's name? Nelson was writing him a card and INSISTED on knowing his name. : )

More tomorrow...s ooooooooooooooooo sleepy.

peasout

Tanker...it fits since he is built like a tank:biggrin:

Janet...will have to try your Soup. I love anything with Beans in it. My GM made the best bean soup in the world.

I, also, had the homemade stock on hand for my liquid stage. I cannot stand the "wet feather" smell of fake chicken broth. Thanks for the Beans soup recipe. You should put that in the food and Nutrition section also. I think that's the biggest struggle for new banders...not enough ideas to make their different stages interesting and not getting bored.

So, Jessica, if you are worried about what to eat at what stage, I am sure we all have plenty of ideas to keep you fed.