Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

I'm here to help...

Hi JB. I'm an editor, mostly a copyeditor, at our state geological survey. We're part of Indiana University, a huge state school. So mostly I'm reading scientific papers that others have written and correcting and editing them. Then I also format those papers into books and booklets, so I'm a desktop publishing person, as well. I also write a quarterly newsletter for the general public. It's just me and one hourly assistant in the editorial office so there's a lot to do. Luckily I don't have too much deadline pressure...I always joke that we do things around here in geologic time.

Sounds interesting, Deb. You have to be a detail person for that.

Congrats on the 50 lbs since September--quite a success!

Sounds like an interesting job, Deb.

JB...I'm a stay at home farm woman...going on ten years. I long to be in the working world most days. I owned and operated two insurance agencies for years and sold them to "simplify and de-stress" our lives. We manage a corn and soybean farm and have two other business'. A agricultural tiling business and a farm machinery business. DH and his partner invented a piece of machinery that we sell throughout the US and Canada.

Social interaction? Do dogs count?

Sounds like an interesting job, Deb.

JB...I'm a stay at home farm woman...going on ten years. I long to be in the working world most days. I owned and operated two insurance agencies for years and sold them to "simplify and de-stress" our lives. We manage a corn and soybean farm and have two other business'. A agricultural tiling business and a farm machinery business. DH and his partner invented a piece of machinery that we sell throughout the US and Canada.

Yeah Apples, if your nipples have frost bite, then dogs count as social interaction! LOL. You will have to let me know a week during the summer that is doable. I will send Nelson to you and you guys can put him to work. I don't think they have child labor laws out there, right? His DREAM is to ride on a BIG JD, or hell, any machine on a farm will do. DH took him to a "ride through" safari yesterday (they have elephants, giraffes, ostrich, etc.) and he was more interested in the zebra painted 4x4s!

Well, I did it. I got my butt to the gym this morning. And so did every other person in this county! It was so crowded I had to laugh out loud. Several people hadn't seen me in a while (b/c I was out with that knee injury and then with Dad- just didn't go for a month or so) and just FREAKED out at how much weight I had lost. Of course to me, I am EXACTLY the same, but I guess something has shifted or settled. It was nice to have so many compliments. But the real test was getting back to the workout. Did 30 min on the treadmill, only able to go 3.5 (whereas before I did a brisk 4) at a 4 incline. I did a small circuit of machines after I stretched and did 50 crunches. I didn't want to start off with a bang. I know I would end up sore and not wanting to go tomorrow. Now, if i could get brave enough to get in the shower. burrrrr, it's so cold here! And i have the heat on 73!

Eva~ beautiful photos. I love summer storms.

I am having to wash my WHOLE bed. That cute cat, coco the burmese I posted the other night? Well that @#$%&* PBed on my bed!!! Bedspread, blanket and sheets soaked. nasty. Anyone want a burmese, half price?:blushing: kidding.

ok peeps. stay warm. Will CBL after I get some work done!!!

peasout..... Laura

A farm woman! I am such a city girl (albeit small town now). Did it "simplify and destress?" I thought farm work was one of the hardest jobs--7 days a week. (PS I love corn! with butter! and a side of dental floss)

But here I am, typing away, having 2 eggs and coffee. Protein!

Deb, My daughter is graduating in May from Mi tech with a degree in Geological Eng. She will or has probably read some of you papers/booklets.

JB, I'm a admin asst/internal bookkeeper. Rural very small town.

Laura, I would love for it to be 73 here I think it might be 23 today.

Great, have fun on your solo trip.

Apples, Stay warm, protect those nips.....

I'm a early riser too, work days I'm up before 6:00, weekends I get to sleep in until 8:00, just can't sleep any longer.

Laura K

Apples, I go back to work on Feb 1st. By then the gym should've calmed down some. Of course, dogs count for social interaction, that is most of my interaction these days. LOL And I can say and do anything and they think I am the greatest, smartest person in the world. They always approve and such good listeners, and they seem to know when I am down or don't feel well and are right there to offer their comfort. LOL

I work part time in the rec center in our development, I help open it in the mornings at 515am and am off by 830 so I sortta have the best of both worlds. I work a little for a little and I mean little extra money, yet I am home most of the day as well, just usually need to try and get a nap in due to the early hours or get to bed by 9.

It's cold here too but a little warmer than it's been or is going to be, today in the 40's. Then later in the week the teens and supposed to snow tomorrow or Wed again. The last snow hasn't melted yet, I feel like I am back in WI or MN, where the snow doesn't melt all winter. Usually in CO we have our snowstorms and then they melt a day or so later. We've been below average cold for a few weeks now. Bright and sunny though. Usually I'm okay as long as the sun shines and we are lucky here, we have more days of sunshine in a year than many places in the country do.

Well DD checked at that Ann Taylor Loft store that is closing that I got all the bargains at the weekend after Christmas. It's by her fiance's house. They are open til the 23rd, getting more stuff in this week to mark down, sounds like I need to make at least one more trek there possibly 2 before teh 23rd. She was all excited, there was a beautiful winter coat there that she has eyed all winter but it was $200. She asked me to check on it when I went and got my bargains but it was one of the few things there not marked down, well it was yesterday when she went. She got it for $50 and they had 2 left and one just happened to be her size. She said it's sad when my favorite store is becoming her's. LOL We have several of the same things as she bought other stuff too, just in different colors and stuff. Too bad we aren't the same size. She's a 4, don't think I'll ever be that small.

A farm woman! I am such a city girl (albeit small town now). Did it "simplify and destress?" I thought farm work was one of the hardest jobs--7 days a week. (PS I love corn! with butter! and a side of dental floss)

But here I am, typing away, having 2 eggs and coffee. Protein!

Good girl, JB with the eggs....wait an hour or so on the coffee! Don't want to wash it through.

Yep, a farm girl. 15 miles from the closest town with a store. Our town has a population of 156. "My" life would be more stress free if I worked off the farm but DH's would be more stressful. It was a comprimise for me to be here. DH encourages me to go back to work if that's what I want. I do have some very stress free days but also a good share of them are high stress. Just a trade off. I miss the interaction with "real" ppl on a daily basis.

Laura...tell Nels to look up "Big Bud" tractors on the internet and he can see one that we use for our tiling business. I swear that thing is 1/2 the size of our house and they added big arms with wheels on them to hold the big rolls of tile which made it even bigger. I will try to get a photo of it and send it to him when the thing comes out of the machine shed next spring. Will search my photos...maybe I have one. DH also had JD's and Catapillar tractor with tracks, not tires.

Good goin' on getting to the gym. Way to go!:blushing:

Edited by Apples2

Laura...tell Nels to look up "Big Bud" tractors on the internet and he can see one that we use for our tiling business. I swear that thing is 1/2 the size of our house and they added big arms with wheels on them to hold the big rolls of tile which made it even bigger. I will try to get a photo of it and send it to him when the thing comes out of the machine shed next spring. Will search my photos...maybe I have one. DH also had JD's and Catapillar tractor with tracks, not tires.

Good goin' on getting to the gym. Way to go!:blushing:

OMW! That is BIG! That is also way cool. Is this the right one?

i was banded 6/5/07 i was at 304 now at 226. started low carbing sunday. have not lost any weight over the last year. i know it is my fault. i have 4 women who are banded locally and if i ask what they eat they say, milkshakes, or popcorn, or chicken only. i know they have some kind of secret that they are not telling. LOL

OMW! That is BIG! That is also way cool. Is this the right one?

That's the "male" version. We have the "female" which is double the size. Cannot find photo. Will snap one for Nels in the spring.

i was banded 6/5/07 i was at 304 now at 226. started low carbing sunday. have not lost any weight over the last year. i know it is my fault. i have 4 women who are banded locally and if i ask what they eat they say, milkshakes, or popcorn, or chicken only. i know they have some kind of secret that they are not telling. LOL

First off...congrats on your weightloss so far. It is good to limit carb intake but you do need some healthy carbs for a well-rounded healthy menu. We are all so different in what our band allows us to eat or tolerate. I can eat almost any meat but some just are too rich for my stomach. For instance, beef fillet mignon I can eat but after I eat it, it seems too rich for me. But, sirloin works fine.

In my opinion, not being too tight is the trick to enjoy that well-rounded menu. Getting hungry every 3-4 hours is not a negative thing. Making good healthy choices, eating hard Protein to keep you fuller longer is the trick.

Let us know what your usual menu is and maybe we can help you tweek it a bit.

OMW this is a 1st !!!!! I can't beleive so many early riser/posters this Morning :blushing:

I got up at 4:45 this morn (usual time is 5) and did 30 min on my Wii. Will be doing this a couple times a week...

I have been an early riser since I got my GS back f/t 8 yrs ago - He had to be to school at 7:15 so I started getting up at 5 to have my coffee wake up - Iron clothes make bf etc and have him at school by 7:15 - I hate rushing and at that time we only had 1 shower so I had to take mine 1st.

I like being an ealry riser now a days - I use to be a late night person..

Ya Eva - I would like to go to the show anyone else??

Love the lightening shot !!! You could sell that one Excellent..

Get up early and do your rebounder when you get it !!! will get you motivated for your day get your blood moving..

Ya sometimes we all need to refocus - the lapband site has a lot of good info ..

Deb - Sometime on the Weekend I would love to be able to sleep in - but my fur babies sleep w/me and the little one (poodle) can't jump off the bed and she wakes me up around 5 even on weekends (due to our normal weekday schedule) to take her potty - and it's good for me cuz then I have my coffee and hit the gym on Sat morning and then have the whole day to get stuff done - but on Sundays I would like to be able to sleep in til 8 - sometimes I get to sleep to 7:30

Had my own office til we had to down size - but I didn't have curtains lol - I do Insurance like Apples use to - I don't own the agency (but am a licensed insurance agent)- don't want to work that hard - but I am a Senior Acct Manger - I handle large Commercial Lines accounts - Contractors - Country Club - etc.

I have been been working insurance since I was 19 - I am sorta bored w/it - I wanted to retire by 55 (will be that this month) doesn't look like it's happening - hopefully the real estate market comes back soon and I can sell a ranch and retire.

But I can see why Apples gets lonely even though she is so active - it (work) is my interaction w/pple - I don't know what it would be like to be home - I didn't work once for 6 months (that's when the weight issues started) and I remember by the time my bf got home from work - I was full of energy and wanted to do stuff - he would say whoa I'm tired I have worked all day..

Hell, you can only do so much shopping - and gym only takes up an hour or so of your day - cleaning doesn't require alot of time - I think I would go back to school for fun...

Judy - yep cleaning your own house will help burn some calories - I have a gf who has a house keeper every 2 weeks to do the heavy stuff - you know what - since she's had her she's gain weight - it's all about moving.

I had a housekeeper once - and my house was a whole 1000 sq ft - she broke my microwave - one day picked up a rug - crap was under it - so let her go..

Now I have GS who does the surface cleaning and I have to do the deep cleaning.. But he usually doesn't do my bedroom or bathroom..

Great - Drive careful and have a nice lunch w/GM - After the show on Saturday - we strolled El Paseo (Rodeo Dr of the Desert) I got a top at Chico's but it wasn't on sale :thumbup: but really cute - they didn't have anything good on sale - GF got a sweater at Coldwater Creek and we never walked down far enought to hit the Ann Taylor Loft store..

Laura - WTG on the exercise - slow and steady wins the race and you don't want to hurt yourself.. When I went Saturday morning normal amount of pple - will see what my other gym is like tonite when I go for weight training -

I belong to 2 gyms - 24hr fitness which is 2 blks from my house for my cardio and then World Gym for my weight trainer thats about 5 miles from my house..

My old gym closed it was 1 blk from my house - trainer moved to world gym

Ok phone is ringng off the hook - I will finsh later