Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

I'm here to help...

Well, the front is moving in...........everything in my body hurts. It was a rough night. The rain and wind knocked out my Christmas Lights. I will just have to get up and keep moving.

Lori, I hope you have a Merry Christmas! I have to be with my sister too. She is proud of my weight loss, but we have other issues. We will clear the air one day, but not till my mother is gone as she is too frail to handle it.

Apples, stay warm and well.

Janet, thanks for all you do to keep us on this journey.

Thanks to all of you for all the warm wishes and support. I love you guys!

Okay, Gang, probably won't check in until after Christmas. I wish all of you a Merry Christmas!

Merry Christmas Eve Gang

8_2_117.gif 8_2_105.gif 36_15_3.gif

Up early - gotta hit the gym - finish food shopping - wrap 1 more present I found in the closet and wait for kids to get here - GS will be going to his Mom's tonite (they Celebrate on Xmas Eve) - I will watch my movie "It's a Wonderful Life"

Charlene Hugs on your not feeling well - but I love your attitude - you just got to keep moving.

Our weather keeps changing - suppose to be in the high 60's for xmas - now they say 70s I want it to be in the low 60's and cloudy..

Hugs for all you who are having to deal with the snow and power outages and all that goes with it..

No way jose - I want to meet her too (yes it's all about me too ;0) - why are the majority of my lbt friends all live so far away... WI - MI - IA - IL - NC - FL - TX- CO - heck Eva's like a 10 hr drive and I don't think there is any half way point for us lol - it's just desert - I have Phyl 5-6 months of the yr - but that's it - Heck My #7 all live far away too Canada - WI - MI - MT - LA..

Ahem......:).........missing a state?????????????????

Linda, congrats on the 100 lbs gone, not lost because you aren't going to find them again! lol

Janet, yes I had an unfill 1/2 cc, feeling so much better, still have restriction, yeah

Apples, I thought of another tradition we did when we were little, Mom made a birthday cake and we all sang happy birthday to Jesus. I had forgotten about that.

Everyone have a safe and happy Christmas, stay warm, dry and have a great time with all your plans.

Laura K

Ahem......:).........missing a state?????????????????

Isn't it amazing that we are all over the USA & Canada and thru LBT we all have become such good friends/sisters !!!

Well, face washed - teeth brushed - one more cup of coffee and I am off to the gym..

You know what I have observed at the gym the other day - it's mostly guys - why is that when it's women who obsess about their weight/looks etc - why aren't more women at the gyms.

Well, the front is moving in...........everything in my body hurts. It was a rough night. The rain and wind knocked out my Christmas Lights. I will just have to get up and keep moving.

Lori, I hope you have a Merry Christmas! I have to be with my sister too. She is proud of my weight loss, but we have other issues. We will clear the air one day, but not till my mother is gone as she is too frail to handle it.

Apples, stay warm and well.

Janet, thanks for all you do to keep us on this journey.

Thanks to all of you for all the warm wishes and support. I love you guys!

Okay, Gang, probably won't check in until after Christmas. I wish all of you a Merry Christmas!

Charlene...sorry you are having issues and aching. Hopefully it will subside and you can enjoy your Christmas pain free. (We can always hope, right?).

As Janet said, your attitude to keep going is admirable. Also, I need to 2nd your statement about the support Janet had provided for us by starting this thread and continuing to be an inspiration.

We are having the calm b/4 the storm right now. We have an icy rain late yesterday and then followed by snow in the evening. Supposed to expect blowing and drifting soon.

Have 9 loaves of apple/banana/cinnimon bread cooling. When DH gets back from picking up some machinery in the field he is going to deliver to some housebound elderly neighbors. We put the Christmas tree head gear on the puppa and he goes along to spread the Christmas cheer.

Today will be a work day (don't mind cuz it will ease the stress) and then plan on making a shrimp scampi dish for DH and I tonight for supper and WILL watch a Christmas movie. DH will most likely watch it from behind the eye lids. Him and the 100lb lab in the recliner...snoring in unison. It really is so cute.

You all have a good one. Sending you love accross the miles.:)

Isn't it amazing that we are all over the USA & Canada and thru LBT we all have become such good friends/sisters !!!

Well, face washed - teeth brushed - one more cup of coffee and I am off to the gym..

You know what I have observed at the gym the other day - it's mostly guys - why is that when it's women who obsess about their weight/looks etc - why aren't more women at the gyms.[/quote

I was thinking about that the other day, Janet. How we get to know each other and become close just by typing. I think it is easier not to judge and be more accepting of each other because we are all on the same journey together. I have a great group of friends in "real life" but I do not discuss a lot of the issues I with them that I discuss here. Mostly because they do not understand band life. I don't put it on them because it's not in them to understand. Most of them have never been obese or have gone through the lap band process.

We all understand each other and have a true compassion for each other's struggles whether it be band related or not.

-

Great - I am so sorry about your family issues... What have they done now.. Maybe they are jealous of you and that's why they always are hurting you.. What birth order are you in your family..

You are a wonderful person - you are giving, loving, supportive and know that you have us.. Hugs I wish I could shake them and make them realize what they are doing..

Do you think they do this on purpose or are they just insensitive pple and it's always just about them - Where as you aren't that way..

I have pple I know that it's always about them - When I had my surgery - a gf who I thought would come and see me in the hospital didn't - it was too much out of her way - where as when she was in the hospital - I made the time to go visit her.. And yes my feelings were hurt..

Thanks for the uplifting words Janet. I am the oldest of 3 girls in the family. I think they are just insensitive and it's always about them. And they are all bitter, life hasn't turned out the way they wanted for any of them and they are victims. Neither of my sisters has even acknowledged the fact I had knee surgery, I'm not seeing any of them tonight for Christmas eve, I invited them but they all want to be together just them. My parents have been in town since Monday and I've seen them an hour and that was for the appt with my Grandma on Tues. I'll be fine and over them soon but the old hurts just come up at holiday time I suppose. My parents haven't come for a holiday in years.

Janet, I think your fears about the weight coming back is something we can all relate to. You have such a good handle on the exercise though and keep an eye on any gain and get it off immediately, I think you will do great.

I know you struggle with your family, Great, and I am sorry for what you have to deal with. I would be the least likely person to ever tell you to cut ties. It's the most difficult thing I have ever had to do. It affects me daily. But, in order for me to live somewhat of a normal life, it had to be done. No guilt and I know it was the right decision for me and a way to protect my children.

I am one to tell people to work really hard to repair relationships, especially family. I never had the option. I am going to be brutally honest and I hope I don't offend you. As I see it, you need to take steps to correct this problem. I do not know your entire history with your sisters and mother. I take it that they somehow get a kick out of abasing you or whatever they do to get your goat...You need to approach each of them (separately) and tell them that this needs to stop. In order to have them respect you, you need to be firm with them and let them know you will no longer take what they are dishing out. (The holidays are maybe not the best time to approach them).

Give them some time after letting them know what you expect. Time will tell if they have it in them to change.

It's time that you stood up to them and let them know the "new you" is not going to take it anymore. It might make all the difference in the world in the dynamics of your relationship with them.

It is too devastating for me to explain in this post why I am without my birth family. It was extreme and I had my own family that I needed to keep from harm.

My point, Great, don't ever give up if you think there is something to salvage from a relationship with family and a chance to make them see how they are hurting you.

That's okay Apples, I didn't mean that you needed to share what happened in your family. And I don't think you could offend me that easily. Your words are always said with love and concern for the other person in mind. I have had it out one on one with my mom several times and my sisters to a lesser extent. I will consider confronting them going forward. At least let them know how I am feeling. My mom I've done that a lot with lately. And I have let her know how much my sisters have hurt me. I think a lot of it on my sisters part is jealousy. They are both divorced several times, no kids (and wanted them), not happy in their jobs, gaining weight (where they have never had weight problems before) and they see me happily married to a great guy, 2 great kids, a daughter getting married, etc. my one sister has told me as much once in the past. I've always tried to be supportive of them, etc. Should be an interesting day tomorrow. Thanks for taking the time to offer your advice.

Well gals, not sure if I will be on again today (probably will) but just in case. have a very Merry Christmas and know how thankful and blessed I am in having you in my life.

Okay, Janet, you missed another state................good old North Dakota........... And I'm in the center so we could all gather here sometime....... We'll have a great time.... Probably not in the winter, though...... April or May or September would be good..... Yup, friends all over is a nice thing..... someone to look up when you go traveling.....

Well, we definitley have snow here this morning... and the worst is yet to come.... I'm afraid we won't be making it to our little country church if that happens... I've never missed church in my life on Christmas eve... But safe is the best... Talked to SD bro and his kids made it to their place.... 1 in college in Dickinson, ND and the other teaches in Hopkins, MN.... So, they are safe at least....

Arlene, loved your story.... Did you know the person or was it just a random delivery boy????

Apples, if you need ideas about what to do with DH for 3 days, just ask.... We'll all chip in an idea or two!!!!!

Linda, I vote with the gang...... you have to come to FL.... But of course you have to do what you have to do.... Could we have your niece's phone number??????

Well, everyone this is probably my last post until either late tonight or tomorrow, so I want to take the opportunity to tell you all how special you are to me and to wish you the most blessed Christmas.... I hope you truely are blessed with the real meaning of Christmas and I know you are blessed with good friends.. May we all have a wonderful, safe, warm holdiday............... God Bless and keep you all.......... Julie

Linda, congrats on the 100 lbs gone, not lost because you aren't going to find them again! lol

Janet, yes I had an unfill 1/2 cc, feeling so much better, still have restriction, yeah

Apples, I thought of another tradition we did when we were little, Mom made a birthday cake and we all sang happy birthday to Jesus. I had forgotten about that.

Everyone have a safe and happy Christmas, stay warm, dry and have a great time with all your plans.

Laura K

LauraK

So glad to hear that you are doing better now with the unfill - I was too tight once and that was one time too many - I rather be loose and use self control than be too tight..

I'm making a cake too - shape of a ginger bread man - I think I will write on it Happy Birthday - I love that idea..

I was thinking about that the other day, Janet. How we get to know each other and become close just by typing. I think it is easier not to judge and be more accepting of each other because we are all on the same journey together. I have a great group of friends in "real life" but I do not discuss a lot of the issues I with them that I discuss here. Mostly because they do not understand band life. I don't put it on them because it's not in them to understand. Most of them have never been obese or have gone through the LAP-BAND® process.

We all understand each other and have a true compassion for each other's struggles whether it be band related or not.

It's funny I talk about my band w/my "real life" friends - but mostly for them to know that I did the work not the band - Had one GF who only needed to lose 30 lbs - she saw my success and went to mexico and got banded - well guess what - she did lose some weight - but has had major issues with it (pbing) I feel that she thought it was the band and not me that lost the weight - Well she now knows that you have to do the work and it's not the band that does it.

Karen - you are the one I am envious of :0) your energy your whole not obsessing about food .

Thanks for the uplifting words Janet. I am the oldest of 3 girls in the family. I think they are just insensitive and it's always about them. And they are all bitter, life hasn't turned out the way they wanted for any of them and they are victims. Neither of my sisters has even acknowledged the fact I had knee surgery, I'm not seeing any of them tonight for Christmas eve, I invited them but they all want to be together just them. My parents have been in town since Monday and I've seen them an hour and that was for the appt with my Grandma on Tues. I'll be fine and over them soon but the old hurts just come up at holiday time I suppose. My parents haven't come for a holiday in years.

Janet, I think your fears about the weight coming back is something we can all relate to. You have such a good handle on the exercise though and keep an eye on any gain and get it off immediately, I think you will do great.

That's okay Apples, I didn't mean that you needed to share what happened in your family. And I don't think you could offend me that easily. Your words are always said with love and concern for the other person in mind. I have had it out one on one with my mom several times and my sisters to a lesser extent. I will consider confronting them going forward. At least let them know how I am feeling. My mom I've done that a lot with lately. And I have let her know how much my sisters have hurt me. I think a lot of it on my sisters part is jealousy. They are both divorced several times, no kids (and wanted them), not happy in their jobs, gaining weight (where they have never had weight problems before) and they see me happily married to a great guy, 2 great kids, a daughter getting married, etc. my one sister has told me as much once in the past. I've always tried to be supportive of them, etc. Should be an interesting day tomorrow. Thanks for taking the time to offer your advice.

Well gals, not sure if I will be on again today (probably will) but just in case. have a very Merry Christmas and know how thankful and blessed I am in having you in my life.

Great - Yep they are totally jealous - That's what is behind this imho - there are so many pple in the world who hold on to anger bitterness etc - what a waste of time. Now you know what I would do - cuz I'm a witch - I wouldn't show up tomorrow - I would just spend Christmas w/my family who loves and respects me. I wouldn't waste my time with them.

I can't believe they haven't offer to help you or visit you in the hospital with your surgeries - OMG I would kick them to the curb as the saying goes.. But again - I can be a real "b" if you piss me off - it takes alot for me to get pissed off but when I do -

I would just tell GM to come over to your house - you aren't feeling well enough to go to your sis house..

But don't listen to me - I think Apples gives better advice :0)

Okay, Janet, you missed another state................good old North Dakota........... And I'm in the center so we could all gather here sometime....... We'll have a great time.... Probably not in the winter, though...... April or May or September would be good..... Yup, friends all over is a nice thing..... someone to look up when you go traveling.....

Well, we definitley have snow here this morning... and the worst is yet to come.... I'm afraid we won't be making it to our little country church if that happens... I've never missed church in my life on Christmas eve... But safe is the best... Talked to SD bro and his kids made it to their place.... 1 in college in Dickinson, ND and the other teaches in Hopkins, MN.... So, they are safe at least....

Arlene, loved your story.... Did you know the person or was it just a random delivery boy????

Apples, if you need ideas about what to do with DH for 3 days, just ask.... We'll all chip in an idea or two!!!!!

Linda, I vote with the gang...... you have to come to FL.... But of course you have to do what you have to do.... Could we have your niece's phone number??????

Well, everyone this is probably my last post until either late tonight or tomorrow, so I want to take the opportunity to tell you all how special you are to me and to wish you the most blessed Christmas.... I hope you truely are blessed with the real meaning of Christmas and I know you are blessed with good friends.. May we all have a wonderful, safe, warm holdiday............... God Bless and keep you all.......... Julie

Oh Julie my bad - I knew I was missing someone - Girl you had me ROTFLMAO on asking for Linda's Niece's Phone # - I loved that one -

Ok I am about to start crying here - But I want you all to know that I care for each and everyone of you so very much

Each one of us brings our owns special something to this group - and we wouldn't be the I'm here to help thread without all of us - as the saying goes it takes a village to raise a family and this is our little village.

I am so blessed to have you all in my life (tears are rolling down my face right now) I do truly truly mean this..

Not a day goes by that I don't think of each and everyone of you - and when something happens in my life - I think Oh I can't wait to tell the girls..

I am truly blessed - My Love and Best Wishes to All of You - Merry Christmas !!!

Well you will be hearing from be throughout the day - but I just had to let you all know that I am so happy to have you guys in my life

Janet,

This whole Christmas fiasco at my sisters tomorrow started because I invited my Grandma to my house for Christmas eve and mom and the girls didn't like that so she always does what my mom wants, that's why I am so hurt. I've had thoughts of not going and if it wouldn't be for her I wouldn't. She's the only reason I am going. It has taken a lot for them to upset me so, but like you said, once they did......

I couldn't have said it better about what this group means to me. You have become like what family should be to me. I'd not have had the success with my band and getting my life in order without you all.

Oh did I mention yesterday I got part of my fill back? In the hospital I had that emergency unfil of 5 ccs. I was so worried about it. No band slippage or anything like that. She drew out the rest of the Fluid to verify how much I had yesterday and there was 6cc's left so I had an 11 cc fill, didn't even know it. She put in 3/4 cc more. I'm really not extra hungry and I asked her to be very cautious as I don't want to get too tight over the holiday weekend. I am thinking possibly I won't need as much of the fill back going forward either that or I am still retaining lots of fluids etc. and the meds have affected my appetite etc. I am down 14 of the 22 I gained in the hospital so only 8 more to go.

Julie, I'm really sorry to hear about your family member. It really does seem worse when it's around the holidays.

I'm not as anal as I used to be about cleaning, but my dinning room is in the unremodeled part of the house and it serves as a catchall room all year. It also doesn't get cleaned much. I really can't stand to see dust bunnies and cob webs when I know people will be here. It looks pretty nice now. We strung white lites around the ceiling a couple of years ago, so those will go on and I have 5 tables set up and 20 chairs. The table clothes will go on tomorrow along with candles.

Lori, glad the knee is starting to function better. I always have MOM on hand now. Since banding, things don't always move like it should. I also do the Miralax on occasion, but MOM works over night. Does your Mom even get it when you talk to her? IMHO your Mom should be proud of you and the fact you have your life together with a loving family. Your sisters need to take responsibility for their own choices and not be envious of you. Of course you know this and I'm sorry I can't go lecture your sisters and Mom (not that I would actually do it) but I sure would like to tell them to get their heads out of their butts and appreciate you for the loving caring person you are.

Arlene, what a wonderful story....it made me cry. This is truly what Christmas is all about and it makes my heart soar to know there is such kindness and generosity in the world.

Cheri....what Janet said about the dentist. I've had every tooth in my mouth worked on and have $$$$ of dollars in root canales, crowns, etc. On the positive side, you will keep that tooth and not be in dentures too soon.

Linda, glad to hear you are recovering so nicely after that surgery. Hip replacement is in my future, so it's very interesting to hear about your progress. That appetizer with the beef and pickles sounds very interesting. It sounds German and I like that. CONGRATULATIONS ON THE 100 LBS!!! WOOHOO AND WAY TO GO!! I'm really sorry to hear you may not be able to join us in Florida...I was really looking forward to meeting you. Maybe your neice will wait a year. Sucky insurance...mine does a similar thing too...have to use all your vacation before diability kicks in. I'll keep my fingers crossed that your neice will postpone the wedding until next year.

Janet, I'm only 6 1/2 hours away....and 1 tank of gas. So you can expect to see me again in CA....maybe you can cruise this way too. I do have a guest room.

Laura K....have a very Merry Christmas. Nice tradition, the birthday cake to Jesus.

Apples, I can just picture your DH and puppa in that recliner.....it's a very nice picture. Yes, the on-line friends ships are important too. There are amazing people in the world and it's another way to connect. I talk to my one girl friend about the band because she is my best friend and we can talk about anything, but it's better here because you all KNOW what's going on.

Julie, all those wonderful things you said to us....back at you. Have a very Merry Christmas filled with love and laughter. Hug that Mimi for us!!

So after about 5 or so hours of sleep, I went shopping at 7am this morning (hate dealing with the crowds) and got the few last minute things I needed....have two bread starters going, fixed Breakfast and am cooking down my butternut squash filling. It has to cook down until it's almost "dry". How that is going to happen, I don't know, but it's bubbling (or steaming and popping and fizzing) away right now. It is getting thicker and the flavor is concentrating. I don't do squash, so this is a new thing for me.

I don't know why I'm so excited about this Christmas but I've been in a great mood am really looking forward to tomorrow. For tonight, my sister is coming over and we are going to have crab cakes and spinach salad for dinner, then open some presents and watch "Scrooged" if nothing else is on.

I need to get It's a Wonderful Life because I love that movie. White Christmas is the other one I really love. DH and I watched Miracle on 34th St last night. I have that one (the new version is Dylan McDermott) on VCR..it came on regualar TV, so we put the VCR on and watched it that way, then turned the regular TV back on and it was still going, so we watched it to the end again.

Hope everyone has a really great Christmas Eve and if I don't get back to the thread and really special Christmas day! Hugs to everyone.

Eva

Just a quick fly by.......the pizza guy was just random. We had never seen him before. I think he was from Pizza Hut. We had two more services. We have so many pizza places I am sure they called Dominos or Papa John's for the next services. I would have liked to have been a fly on the wall at Pizza Hut when he returned. He was so emotional that I am sure he really needed the money for his family. Okay, Merry Christmas again!

Great...relieved to see that you did not take my post wrong. Did not want you to think that I was insinuating that you have not tried. It just makes me angry to think that your sisters and mother continuallly hurt you and are not there to support you when you need them.

You will figure out where you want to be with it all and what kind of a relationship you can have with them...even if it is a limited one. You will know when you get there.

Well, I'm back afterall...... Church has been moved into town............. I'm sad, but glad that we are opting for safety.... This is to be one ugly storm..... So, that changes my supper plans and now we are doing an impromptu potluck at my brother's place for most of the family that is around.... I'm just going to take what I made and put it with his and we'll have a great time... Mother is happy.... We can open our presents when we get home later.... So, all is well.........different, but well.... Merry Christmas................ HoHoHo........