Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

I'm here to help...

Hey all I am now back on the board I have be working many double shifts this past week so I am so tired when I get home I have either been working 9am - 10pm or 9am - 8pm we are so swamped and they won't hire anymore people

anyways, About the trip I should be coming but Apples I have some questions.

My Mom wanted to room just us are the rooms big enough for two to share a bed? Are we planning on doing anything Like flea markets beaches mall or just hanging and talking? I am coming I think she was trying to find out what are plans are before she tells me if she is coming. If the rooms are taken up we can rent a hotel room or something nearby. Can you let me know where we are in the planning meaning has the total gone up on the people coming since we last emailed me.

Sorry had not much time to read posts so I hope all is well with everyone.

Hey all I am now back on the board I have be working many double shifts this past week so I am so tired when I get home I have either been working 9am - 10pm or 9am - 8pm we are so swamped and they won't hire anymore people

anyways, About the trip I should be coming but Apples I have some questions.

My Mom wanted to room just us are the rooms big enough for two to share a bed? Are we planning on doing anything Like flea markets beaches mall or just hanging and talking? I am coming I think she was trying to find out what are plans are before she tells me if she is coming. If the rooms are taken up we can rent a hotel room or something nearby. Can you let me know where we are in the planning meaning has the total gone up on the people coming since we last emailed me.

Sorry had not much time to read posts so I hope all is well with everyone.

Melissa

I am not 100% on this but the way I understand it we have 3 - 3 bedroom condo's - I don't know the bed sizes - so you and your Mom would share a room or depending who doesn't come I would guess that you could each have your own room

I think as of right now its Me Apple Eva in one Condo - Laura - Linda - Meredith in the other Condo - You & Your Mom and Julie in the other condo - I think these are all the pple coming to florida. Jewel said something about coming down for the day..

So if I have it right you and your Mom can each have your own room or share

OMW I don't think I could work those hours - Hugs you are going to be pooped...

Good Morning Gang...

Not much to report since last night - had 2 taco's for dinner and some popcorn and slept very well - didn't wake up at all last night - that's rare for me.

Have my MRI today - I gotta take off all my jewelry - I feel naked ;0)

Janet, let us know how everything comes out.

Prayers, Hugs, and love for you today!

Lori, I hope you are doing well today. Praying for you a speedy recovery. HUGS!

Janet, let us know how everything comes out.

Prayers, Hugs, and love for you today!

Lori, I hope you are doing well today. Praying for you a speedy recovery. HUGS!

Thanks Charlene - it's my first MRI experience - so I am curious about it - the funny thing is it really hasn't bothered me lately and I have been on the treadmill - so I think it's something to do with over use or a muscle thing - who knows - I guess that's why I am getting it ck'd out - hopefully that's all it is..

Well off to the shower - gotta get ready for work..

Hello fellow bandsters,

I am one that fell off the wagon with being banded :smile2:. I had a lot going on in my life and being banded was not at the top of my list.

Two weeks before Thanksgiving...I decided that it was time for me to return. Since returning, I have lost 19 pounds :). I am returning to the Doctor for a fill every 2 to 3 weeks.

Question, have you all experienced the extra flab around the stomach area? How are you all getting rid of it?

My Doctor shared that I would have Tummy Tuck (paid for by my insurance) if I lose 100 pounds :).

first off please forgive the typos, i have pulse ox thing on my finer and iv in other hand so puncuation and typing not good. no caps sorry.

thanks for all the thoughts and well wishes yesterday. things are going well. i was in recovery a long time waiting for my room, pllus woke up sobbing with some pretty bad pain, it's under control now. They even had me up out of bed yesterday snd now this morning they moved me to a recliner and i get to shower this afternoon. i think it helps to have been there done that too. i'm a pro. lol all my inlaws have called and my mom but not a word from those sisters of mine. phyl if/when you get your other knee done my doc said 90 percent of the time it is much easier.

lets see so far we have a line up to be apples neigbor for her cooking, and now i want to get in that line in joanns neighborhood for quilts. lol we certainly have some talented folks here.

linda i cheated and baked those exact same pre cut out Cookies, unfortunately i found them tasty with frosting.

well nurse is here and theray is coming.

Hello fellow bandsters,

I am one that fell off the wagon with being banded :smile2:. I had a lot going on in my life and being banded was not at the top of my list.

Two weeks before Thanksgiving...I decided that it was time for me to return. Since returning, I have lost 19 pounds :). I am returning to the Doctor for a fill every 2 to 3 weeks.

Question, have you all experienced the extra flab around the stomach area? How are you all getting rid of it?

My Doctor shared that I would have Tummy Tuck (paid for by my insurance) if I lose 100 pounds :).

Hi Rb99 - Congrats on getting back on the bandwagon :0)

As far as flab goes - at our age its to be expected - not much to do about it until the weight is gone and plastic surgery - I have some but not that bad - I don't have the whole apron thing going on - so my insurance wouldn't cover it - but if you get rashes etc under the flap then yes most insurance will cover to have it removed.

Remember - the extra skin isn't going to kill you but the extra fat will for sure :0)

first off please forgive the typos, i have pulse ox thing on my finer and iv in other hand so puncuation and typing not good. no caps sorry.

thanks for all the thoughts and well wishes yesterday. things are going well. i was in recovery a long time waiting for my room, pllus woke up sobbing with some pretty bad pain, it's under control now. They even had me up out of bed yesterday snd now this morning they moved me to a recliner and i get to shower this afternoon. i think it helps to have been there done that too. i'm a pro. lol all my inlaws have called and my mom but not a word from those sisters of mine. phyl if/when you get your other knee done my doc said 90 percent of the time it is much easier.

lets see so far we have a line up to be apples neigbor for her cooking, and now i want to get in that line in joanns neighborhood for quilts. lol we certainly have some talented folks here.

linda i cheated and baked those exact same pre cut out Cookies, unfortunately i found them tasty with frosting.

Lori - So good to hear from you - you have been in my prayers also... Glad you are doing so well..

Last yr when all the xmas cookies we made were gone gs said that his cousin didn't get any - so I got the pre-cut out ones and frosted them - Ya I agree they tasted good to me too :0)..

Good Morning everyone. Once again I've been MIA because I've been trying to get everything done before my little trip and get set up for Christmas. I've been doing Christmas cards after work and I can't do that and read posts for some reason...I'd end up responding to a post on a Christmas card and who ever got it would really think I've lost my marbles.

Apples, when we go to Florida...I'll bring some tamales. I threw the extra ones in the freezer so they'll ready to go. They are NOT low fat food, but one isn't going to kill you. These are vegetarian tamales, no lard. Made with butter and vegetable stock. Your baking is amazing...I can't even imagine making that much stuff because I don't have anyone around to eat it.

Janet, I still love reading your posts....you still are an inspiration and thank you. It's helping me get back on track.

Julie, I'm so glad to read you are sleeping better. You sound so much more positive and happy. A good nights sleep is a great mood elevator. I've noticed that myself. So you don't want to work at a day care do you? I think (as my sister says) it's great to be a grandma because you can love the little ones, then hand them back.

All the previous posts on steel cut oatmeal got me inspired to make some....just took it off the stove. I'll have a late Breakfast before heading off to Phoenix to catch the plane....yum...I add dried fruit and cinnamon to mine too. Sometimes I'll eat is as a savory dish, a little salt and pepper on it.

Lori, I'm thinking of you during your surgery. I know everything will go well, you have a great attitude and that is a great part of the healing process.

Laura, I'm so sorry you have to go through this with your parents. I understand the sadness is overwhelming and your concern for your Mom is difficult. My thoughts and prayers are with you.

Hi Joann....glad to see you back. Sounds like you've been very busy. Congrats on your 1 year bandiversary. Both of my sisters are quilters too. It's an amazing skill and art. Both sisters have long arm quilting machines too...one has a giant Gammel and the other has a much smaller Jewel. Of course, I benefit from their art....no complaints there.

Meredith, your picts are amazing. You look fabulous. Good luck with your end of semester and the house. Yipee, home ownership soon I hope!!

Laura K....glad to see you here again. Your carmel corn recipe looks good, might have to try that some day.

Linda, you are so upbeat and positive. How's the hip doing?

1 day....sorry about the really long shifts...I understand about being busy. I'm not sure we have anything planned for Florida beyond the rooms. I believe there are tons of things to do and with as many of us as there are, I'm sure we will be doing something and/or you'll find one of us willing to do what you want to do. When I visited Janet, I found just sitting around talking worked too....we really had a lot to share.

Jewel, once again, sorry about the issues with your family. They are tough. The band will not make you lose weight. Only you can do that. I'm speaking from a little bit of experience here. I was banded in July and am totally stalled out right now because of MY poor food choices....not failure of the band. The band is working, but it doesn't stop me putting crap into my mouth. If you want this "system" to work you will have to make it work. Absolutly follow your doctor's advise. I was on liquids for three weeks after banding and a very strict diet three weeks before banding. It really helped shrink my stomach, settle my blood sugar levels and helped immensely with the hunger issues after banding. It was worth every minute of it.

Arlene, I tried polent a couple of times and didn't like it, but now I really like it. It's yellow corn meal...don't know the difference between cornmeal and masa, but it may be the proecessing. I've made polenta, let it firm up, cut it in squares and saute it (basically to warm it) and put a poached egg on top with a little pesto. Yum.

Okay, all the chores are done...it's taken me 4 hours to write this post. I just need to get dressed and head out. I'm going to San Francisco to meet my DH who is at a geophysics conference there. For me, it's any excuse to travel. I have someone coming in to watch the animals and I think all is set. I have to drive to Phoenix to catch the plane, it's saving me over $100 even with the gas to drive there and parking.

I was supposed to be wrapping presents this morning, but I'd rather catch up with all of you. I miss being here. So I'll be gone again for a while, but hopefully will be able to be more regular after Christmas. I don't have any big plans after Christmas dinner.

Have a good weekend.....(maybe I'll be able to use DH's computer and check in while I'm gone...ooohhhh, hummmm....what an idea!)

Eva

Hello fellow bandsters,

Wow, you have great insurance if they will pay for your tummy tuck. I've haven't lost enough weight yet and I'm a self pay anyway, but there are a couple of people here that can tell you what they did. I just had to comment on your insurance. Good for you in getting back on the wagon...I really need to do that too.

Happy your surgery went well. Good luck on recovery.

I took all my finals and the semester is over. So today I don't have much to do but laundry. My husband managed to get tickets to an NFL game. Someone at work gave him club seats. So we are doing that tonite. Not sure how to handle all this free time. Think I will do some reading.

My MIL seems back to normal. We haven't talked about it but she is being civil.

I had a doc appt yesterday. I thought it was with my surgeon but it was a group meeting with several patients and the staff came in and explained the procedure. My surgeon did come in and give us a pep talk he wants us to get to the emotions of why we are eatting. He is very motivating. I was assured I would be meeting the doc next wed for preop. I also have an appt monday for preop at the hospital. I will have my son home all next week too because my inlaws will be out of town. He usually car pools with my FIL to school. Not much down time with a five year old. We may go to the museum again or even the zoo.

Gosh, thanks for the quilting props. I appreciate your compliments - would love to do a quilt for each of you, but probably could just manage a post card! I'm about to abdicate responsibility for any more large quilts and going to wall hangings and art pieces. Too much time and work involved. My kids are still asking, though, and I've always had a hard time saying no. The only quilt we actually sleep under is one my MIL made and I machine quilted for her. I have others, but I don't use them because I don't want the wear and tear of using, washing, etc. They will be going to my 3 children, as they are the hand-quilted ones. There will be others, but I am no longer hand quilting - right thumb joint is arthritic and it's just too painful to hand quilt now. I make up for it with hand-guided machine quilting - pretend the machine needle is a pen and move the fabric under the needle. I love the process and the results, so still happy with my quilts.

I missed the stuff about a trip? Please share...

Lori - great to hear from you so soon! Be a good girl, do what you are told (!) and use the pain meds as you need them!

Eva - Don't feel bad - I couldnt' post and do card either :0) I had to just sit down and do them with the computer off - the computer can get in the way of me getting things done that need to get done - I rather chat than work :0)..

I'm with you on being able to sit and chat - My 1st Lapband visit with my #7's we went to the Mall of America - the problem was we broke off in diff groups and shopped - we didn't have enough time sitting and actually talking - and that's what we missed the most - so this last year we met a one of our pples house and so we did have alot of time together as a group - ya we still did stuff and again would break off into groups but - we did have the time together to actual talk to each other..

Will they let you take food on the plane?? I have taken snack type food but not real food - Your tamales sound more healhty than mine :0) - hope you get to bring them I would love a taste :0)..

Jewel - glad school is over - I have a 5 yr old Grandaughter - yes they are a handful :0) glad I had my DS young - cuz I sure in the heck couldn't keep up with a 5 yr old 24/7 now a days - I love my quite time.

Eva back to me being an inspriation - well gf - I still struggle and right now I am fighting w/myself over all the junk in the lunch room right now - All I keep telling myself is it's not healthy food - you will have your treats - it's not like food is going to dissappear from your life and it's not going to kill you to pass up on those Cookies and candies in the lunch room - but the fat that accumulates from eating them will sure enough kill you - limit the quality of your life - so for today I am saying NO.. It's a one day at a time thing..

It's really all about the mind games we play withour selves. Yes restriction helps - but as we all know usually our fav foods just slip right on threw our bands - so we do have to make up our mind that we will allow some treat - but say no to others.. Make the best choicies that you can..

Gosh, thanks for the quilting props. I appreciate your compliments - would love to do a quilt for each of you, but probably could just manage a post card! I'm about to abdicate responsibility for any more large quilts and going to wall hangings and art pieces. Too much time and work involved. My kids are still asking, though, and I've always had a hard time saying no. The only quilt we actually sleep under is one my MIL made and I machine quilted for her. I have others, but I don't use them because I don't want the wear and tear of using, washing, etc. They will be going to my 3 children, as they are the hand-quilted ones. There will be others, but I am no longer hand quilting - right thumb joint is arthritic and it's just too painful to hand quilt now. I make up for it with hand-guided machine quilting - pretend the machine needle is a pen and move the fabric under the needle. I love the process and the results, so still happy with my quilts.

I missed the stuff about a trip? Please share...

Lori - great to hear from you so soon! Be a good girl, do what you are told (!) and use the pain meds as you need them!

We are going to Orlando FL 2/11-12-13th - flying home on the 14th - Apples put it together - We have 3 - 3 bedroom Condos - and we have room - so I hope maybe you can make it :0)...

Lori, I'm glad your surgery went well. Sounds like you're on the mend!

Well, our work Christmas luncheon was yesterday and I was actually able to eat something solid for the first time in a week. So I guess the unfill did the trick. However, I do notice that I am getting hungrier between meals. I need to use some willpower not to overeat now.

Tonight I'm having my craft group over (a bunch of women friends---we get together once a month to work on whatever project we have...individual knitting, embroidery, quilting, etc., and just talk and have a great time.) I'm setting up for us to make Xmas ornaments using styrofoam, beads, sequins, all that glizty stuff. Should be a lot of fun. We'll sit around the table and glue tacky ornaments and chat. I really look forward to getting together with these women, as I have a pretty quiet social life. I'm not a big group person, but love little get-togethers with a few good friends. In a way, that's what this forum feels like!

Hope everyone is having a good day---boy, do I miss it when people don't post very much. I keep checking in throughout my work day.