Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

I'm here to help...

Think I will type in Christmasy red til Christmas. :thumbup:

Busy busy day. Both kids met us for Breakfast this morning before church, then we were invited to some friends house after for lunch and to see their Isreal pictures since they just got home and we go in Feb. Then hurry home so DH can still work on that deer meat from S Dakota, they got it all made into sausage and are now 'curing it'. Tonight we are meeting some high school friends. All 4 of us graduated together and DH and the wife of the other couple have the same bdays.

I am so jealous of all the FL talk. I am going to be looking for updates and photos while you are there so I can pretend I am there.

Linda, I am so glad your leg is better and that it is sounding positve for your hip surgery. 10 days from today will be my other knee surgery. Not looking like it's going to get moved sooner. BUMMER!

Janet, sounds like a fun time at your party, glad you didn't let your friend flaking ruin it for you.

Meredith, what kind of wreath are you making? Looking forward to the pic.

Apples, you must be getting a workout going up and down those bin stairs. I hope you get all your corn in. I know DH's uncle is working on his too.

Great..as of now it looks like getting all the corn in might not happen. DH takes everything in stride so I will leave it in his hands. Sooooooooo cold here today and snowing. It's costing way to much to dry the corn with this cold weather. We have never had a harvest such as this. It hasn't gotten much above 15 degrees today. We will take it all as it comes. No sense worrying about something we have no control over.

I thought of you, Great, each time I posted today about the FL trip. Just wishing you were coming and how you were feeling about not being there.

Linda....forgot to mention about your leg and your upcoming surgery. You're in my thoughts and prayers that your surgery date stays the same. We have a friend getting his second new hip (50 yrs old) this Friday. He is in so much pain. Cannot wait to see him walk pain free again. The best to you on everything on your plate at this time. You should be in pretty good shape by the time this FL trip comes along. I am so excited about it. Gotta watch it around DH so he doesn't think I am thinking more of our 3 day girl thing than spending 6 weeks away with him. LOL.

Apples,

I hope that you didn't think that I was calling you old ladies!!!! You were saying that in your post before! I don't think that anyone is old really, my grandmas are 89 and 90 and the 90 year old could run circles around most people my age! I think that I've talked about her on here before. She walks 2.5 miles everyday in 28 minutes. 3 local newspapers just did stories on her. I'm so proud! Also, I'm hoping that I have some of those genes. I never thought that any of you were old at all. I hope that you didn't think that! Now I feel bad! So sorry if it was taken the wrong way! Love all of you so very much!

More later, I'm over at my parents house and we are going to watch Desperate Houswives in a little while. Even my dad and Andrew watch!

CBL,

Meredith

Janet....I take you were asking for the "for sure" dates? Check in Feb 11, 4pm...checkout Feb 14, 11am. This will give us all time (I think) to get back to our "honeys" for VD!:thumbup:

Too bad I booked a trip home to Seattle for those same dates! I'd love to join you all. Yeah... it'll be warm where YOU are! LOL!

I booked the trip to Seattle for that weeknd because there is supposed to be a "Bandster Bash"... the "Seattle Splash" that weekend. But, once they announced the dates, I have not heard another word so I'm not even sure it's still happening! But, I'm using an "award" ticket, so probably would lose $$ if I tried to change it. Plus, I already scheduled an appt with my ortho doctor for that week. Follow up on my knee replacement and check the other knee. I want to se if he thinks it's time to do the other knee. And I'll get to see my girls and my grandchildren and check on the condo.

Apples,

I hope that you didn't think that I was calling you old ladies!!!! You were saying that in your post before! I don't think that anyone is old really, my grandmas are 89 and 90 and the 90 year old could run circles around most people my age! I think that I've talked about her on here before. She walks 2.5 miles everyday in 28 minutes. 3 local newspapers just did stories on her. I'm so proud! Also, I'm hoping that I have some of those genes. I never thought that any of you were old at all. I hope that you didn't think that! Now I feel bad! So sorry if it was taken the wrong way! Love all of you so very much!

More later, I'm over at my parents house and we are going to watch Desperate Houswives in a little while. Even my dad and Andrew watch!

CBL,

Meredith

:thumbup::lol::woot::lol::wow::lol:

Too funny, Meredith. Not offended. I brought it up and was just responding to what you said. You could never offend me that easily.

Too bad I booked a trip home to Seattle for those same dates! I'd love to join you all. Yeah... it'll be warm where YOU are! LOL!

I booked the trip to Seattle for that weeknd because there is supposed to be a "Bandster Bash"... the "Seattle Splash" that weekend. But, once they announced the dates, I have not heard another word so I'm not even sure it's still happening! But, I'm using an "award" ticket, so probably would lose $$ if I tried to change it. Plus, I already scheduled an appt with my ortho doctor for that week. Follow up on my knee replacement and check the other knee. I want to se if he thinks it's time to do the other knee. And I'll get to see my girls and my grandchildren and check on the condo.

Darn! Too bad it wasn't a diff weekend. Would have loved to meet you and try to out-walk you in the mall! Hope there will be a next time. Bet Feb is about time to see the kids anyway, right????

I forgot to tell you guys, just found out last week my DS is failing all his classes and moving back home. He's trying to get back into comm college he was at before, he's waitlisted on all the classes he needs. He's not been telling me the truth any time I asked how he was doing with his grades. I am very disappointed in him right now. Has kind of put me into a funk. I know I'll get over it but very upset. It has not made me eat more though so that is a positive.

I did get stuck on Sat. pb'd and slimed for the first time. I hope I never do that again. Was all my own fault was talking on the phone and eating at the same time. I was eating chic wings and did not chew enough & ate to fast. How stupid. I have been stuck on my weight loss but this week I did finally lose another pound. yeah!

Well good luck to Linda and Great on you up coming surgeries. You will both do wonderful and cruising around in no time.

Apples good luck on the farming, I noticed a lot of corn in the fields around here also.

You talking about those bins reminds me of the summer I spent building them. My girlfriend and I did it for her Dads company, we were the outside workers and two guys inside. Alot of work but when you are young it was fun, especially when the two inside had hangovers, your wrench slipped alot and hit the side. LOL

Laura K

Darn! Too bad it wasn't a diff weekend. Would have loved to meet you and try to out-walk you in the mall! Hope there will be a next time. Bet Feb is about time to see the kids anyway, right????

Yep! Time to see the girls and the grandkids!

I am so excited that we decided yesterday to drive up to SF area to spend Christmas weekend with DS & his family! It is so lonely to stay here in the park for the holidays. So many go home for Christmas and we always stay. Now I have some Christmas spirit!

Yep! Time to see the girls and the grandkids!

I am so excited that we decided yesterday to drive up to SF area to spend Christmas weekend with DS & his family! It is so lonely to stay here in the park for the holidays. So many go home for Christmas and we always stay. Now I have some Christmas spirit!

Woohoo, Phyll!

I forgot to tell you guys, just found out last week my DS is failing all his classes and moving back home. He's trying to get back into comm college he was at before, he's waitlisted on all the classes he needs. He's not been telling me the truth any time I asked how he was doing with his grades. I am very disappointed in him right now. Has kind of put me into a funk. I know I'll get over it but very upset. It has not made me eat more though so that is a positive.

I did get stuck on Sat. pb'd and slimed for the first time. I hope I never do that again. Was all my own fault was talking on the phone and eating at the same time. I was eating chic wings and did not chew enough & ate to fast. How stupid. I have been stuck on my weight loss but this week I did finally lose another pound. yeah!

Well good luck to Linda and Great on you up coming surgeries. You will both do wonderful and cruising around in no time.

Apples good luck on the farming, I noticed a lot of corn in the fields around here also.

You talking about those bins reminds me of the summer I spent building them. My girlfriend and I did it for her Dads company, we were the outside workers and two guys inside. Alot of work but when you are young it was fun, especially when the two inside had hangovers, your wrench slipped alot and hit the side. LOL

Laura K

LauraK...just helped to build a bin two years ago. I was the inside girl!

hi indio, can you take on another buddie, i'm going to be band on dec 8. two more day i'm so excited but nevous also. but been waiting two years for this and i'm so so ready. take care. & gool luck. tweety 51

Welcome aboard Tweety51 !!! Congrats on your date - 2 yrs omw that's a long time ..

Jump on in we are a great group - There are a few old timers ;0) a few newbies ;0) so feel free to read and post...

Ok gang taking a short break from wrapping - got 6 more gifts to go - but omw - it turned out longer than I expected you all have been busy this afternoon -

Well I want to get this done and sit down and chill before I have to go to bed and turn the alarm on :0)

CBL

Phyl, when I used to work for the airlines (about 4 yrs ago) you could recredit your award miles to your account for a svc fee of about $100, or change the ticket to another destination same fee I think. Just in case you were interested. I'd probably be wanting to see those grandkiddos too.

Apples, DH's uncle was telling DH that he was going to still be able to sell his corn w/o drying it at a certain % of moisture but he'd be docked some in what he was paid for it or something. He's struggling to get it all in too.

It's so cold and snowy here today. I hope the roads are clear tomorrow as I told Grandma I'd be buy and help her wrap presents and now she wants me to take her to Walmart but i told her that depended on the roads and walks. If it's icy, I'm not taking her out, not taking chances of a tumble. I want to get a pedicure too but my toes will freeze in this. I need pretty toes for the hospital you know! LOL

Had a wonderful dinner with our friends tonight. WE could sit there and talk forever. I have to be very careful in that setting as I get to talking and then am not mindful of my bites and chewing, but I did good so maybe I am getting used to being a bandster. Social settings were always my downfall.

Evening ladies.....just got back from a Mannheim Steamroller concert and dinner...the concert was fabulous and dinner was good too. It was a Christmas concert and I spent the first 2 songs crying.....wonderful music always does this to me and it's why I don't wear mascara to concerts anymore. Weird.

Janet....try audio books when you are riding the bike....it can be hard to hold the book unless they have a little shelf for it...I find the audio books helps distract me from the tedium of the bike. Wrapping used to be a lot of fun for me, but now it's a chore. I'm hoping that I'll get a couple of days to do DH's while he's gone. He's leaving Saturday for Arkansas and I'll have the house to myself and can get his presents wrapped.

I spent the weekend rearranging more stuff...I got a FREE curio cabinet and we had to get that in the house....it was awkward but we managed without breaking it. Then I got to put stuff in it. Finally, I have some of my glass stuff displayed and more room in the buffet. I put the tree up and did a little decorating. Today I put up the lights...I had to put up new hangers to hang the lights on, and it took a while to figure out a system to get that done. I had a bunch of trips up and down the step ladder doing that. Then we went to the concert. It's been a very busy weekend. The lights look great and I'm pleased with the house.

Next step is getting ready for next weekend's Holiday food Exchange and getting DH's family's presents ready to go so he can take them with him.

At dinner tonight I had a salad and pizza. Once again, I'm amazed that I ate the salad and could only eat 2 pieces of pizza. Before band I would have eaten the entire pizza...it was a very little pizza, thin crust and not really loaded. I did taste everyone else's food, but still ate so much less than I used to.

Okay, I do have some more stuff to do like write my Christmas letter and look for tickets to Florida. Hope everyone has a great night.

Eva

Lori & Apples, I want to go to Bangkok too..............

Deb, welcome to the group. I haven't been posting much lately, but I usually do except the past couple of weeks. Your little silver Christmas trees sounds so cool....I grew up with one of those. I really do like "retro" stuff. My house is a 60's vintage, but we updated it because it desperately needed it. Food journaling is very helpful...I do much better when I'm actually watching everything that goes in my mouth. Janet's pork tenderloin is delicious....she gave me some when I visited her.

Cheri....sorry about the house thing....my DH is sort of like that too....he keeps some stuff up really well, but doesn't care how it looks or about some other stuff. We finally broke down and decided to pay someone to do some of our work too. Glad you are joining us in Florida.

Hi Meredith....I'm really glad to hear that you will be joining us. Your wreath sounds very interesting....yes, I do want to see a picture of that. I don't think you thought of us as old....you know, we call ourselves that because we can remember being your age. Don't worry...age is relative.

Phyl, we'll bring pictures of you to Florida and text you...so you'll know we are thinking of you!!!

Laura K...sorry to hear about your son, but this too shall pass. I think it takes a while for some kids to find their way. It really took me a while, so be patient and hopeful. There isn't as much pressure at the community colleges as there are at the big universities, he just may need a little time.

Linda...I'm really glad to hear that your infection is clearing up and your will have your surgery. A 3 year old would be a whole lot of fun at Christmas! So many things to get them excited about....sorry about the Santa phobia...hopefully by next year she'll be over that.

Hi Julie, sounds like Church is keeping you busy today. Hope it was restful afterwards.

Apples, I do steel cut oatmeal too with raisins and cinnamon, then freeze it in portions. DH usually doesn't eat it and I can't eat a whole pan fast enough. I like it better than rolled oats now too.

Lori, sounds like you are really busy too. At least your DH is taking care of the deer meat and doesn't say "here honey, I brought you something". High school friends....that's cool. I'm planning on meeting some of my high school friends in Colorado next year too. One in Denver, one in Colorado Springs, one in Canon City and the other we hope will join us is living in Illinois. You know, we might be jealous of you because of your Israel trip....we'll be thinking of you too.

Okay, I'm now freaking out a bit...... I'm really going to fly by myself???!!!!! Now, how the heck do I get a flight booked???? I have ff miles to use I think.... And we have a thing with the military,too, so I guess I'd better do some research.... So, for the sake of my clarity.........Flying into Orlando, FL on 2-11-10 and leaving from Orlando on 2-14-10.............right??? I'm hardly believing I'm doing this.... Will we be using taxi service to get to the condo??? Or do we have a special meet up place??? And how does Laura figure in here now??? I'll feel so bad if she doesn't get to make it. Is this close to her home??

Okay, big doctor appt in the morning. DH is coming along and we will do some shopping, too....Will try to fill you all in tomorrow... Have a good night... Julie

Okay, I'm now freaking out a bit...... I'm really going to fly by myself???!!!!! Now, how the heck do I get a flight booked???? I have ff miles to use I think.... And we have a thing with the military,too, so I guess I'd better do some research.... So, for the sake of my clarity.........Flying into Orlando, FL on 2-11-10 and leaving from Orlando on 2-14-10.............right??? I'm hardly believing I'm doing this.... Will we be using taxi service to get to the condo??? Or do we have a special meet up place??? And how does Laura figure in here now??? I'll feel so bad if she doesn't get to make it. Is this close to her home??

Okay, big doctor appt in the morning. DH is coming along and we will do some shopping, too....Will try to fill you all in tomorrow... Have a good night... Julie

Breath deep Julie......be calm....you can do this. Do the research on the flights and let us know when you will be arriving....what airline and what flight number and the time. Someone will meet you at the baggage pick up place. If you have a cell phone we'll share cell phone numbers and you can call one of us when you get in or if you have a lay over. Flying is easy....not always pleasant, but it's no big deal and you will do just fine.

I just made my flight reservations....I'll be in Orlando around 4:00 pm from Chicago of all places. I usually fly through Dallas, but this one takes me all the way to Chicago then to Orlando...go figure. This flight was one of the shortest too. Weird.

Julie, if you can fly to Chicago and meet my flight there, we can travel to Orlando together. PM me when you get a little further along with your research.

Eva