Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

I'm here to help...

Morning everyone............ It's Thanksgiving week.. hardly seems possible that the year is almost over.. and time for Christmas soon.... I'm not ready for all this yet... I'm managing to get some sleep... The sleeping pills must be making me more sleepy all the time. Yesterday we were to dinner (noon meal) at friends.. Their Thanksgiving with some of their kids.. Big meal..but I did just fine.........no dessert even... But I couldn't stay awake after... slept in the recliner until DH woke me to go home at 3:00... Then I slept more when we got home.... The pain has become more constant now than before and it is really hitting me right now... Ice packs seem to help... I have to figure out how to strap one on so I can still get some things done....

I'm cooking TG dinner, too.... Just us, DD and Mimi, Mom, and my one brother's girls..... he has to work... So it will be 9 + 2 babies.... Not a big deal for me, so it should be pretty easy... Mother is doing the turkey.. No one to have to impress so I can just do my thing.. Will do pumpkin, apple, and rhubarb pie.. Brother's girls just love rhubarb...... and will do some homemade ice cream maybe to go along with it... Haven't decided for sure about that yet... Need DH to help if I do....

Apples, so sorry to hear of your farm loss.... Your DH must have an even dispostion... takes things in his stride.. Good for him, and for his heart!!!! Hope you are okay.. Today will come the final work for your mom and her family... I expect with that will come another big let down for you... Be carefull now, we have to have you strong for all that's left for this year....

Janet, Phyll, and Eva what great pictures. Looks like you were having so much fun... Great jewelry, too.... Eva, glad you made it home without any big problems.. Some guys like to take advantage of a woman with car problems.....

Linda you sound good... I enjoy bread and butter so much and miss it terribly... And I seem to be able to eat bread anytime... I can PB on ice cream, but not bread..... Just my luck......

All your recipes sound wonderful, will have to try them out sometime soon... Don't know if DH will do turkey chili or not... He's gotta have his red meat!!!!

Great, you have a wondeful and safe trip.. Stopping a little every so often is good for everyone... Take it easy and good luck on your next surgery...

Someone is having a hip done, but can't remember who... good luck to you too.... Will change your life drastically I'm sure....

Well, better go get my day started..... Laundry and Mimi on my list... have a good day.............. Julie

Oh, almost forgot.......the scale has moved..... 279 this morning so that makes 108 lost.... Hope it stays gone... :biggrin:

Linda, love the pictures of you and your granddaughter working out , but girl you need a new work-out top....... It feels good to wear something too big after wearing clothes that were too tight for so long... My DH hates it when I wear the big ones now... I enjoy the lack of restriction... WTG, girl................

Janet...we have 80,000 bushel bins. They are made of steel and store our grain. When we bring the corn from the field in semi-trucks, we dump into an underground pit and augers take the grain into the dryer bins to be dried.

We are unsure how the last two fires have started but are suspecting that these are defective dryer motors. DH has farmed since the late sixties and never a fire. No grain dust to start it and he keeps everything emaculate. Only fire we have had are with these new type of motors. I called ins company today and asked them to investigate if there is a high incident of fires with these motors. Why should our ins. company put out $$$ if the problem is not theirs?

Your house sounds like mine when it comes to having company. If they don't feel at home and get their own beer, they'll miss out.

Heading to move the last out of the apt this morning. Bro did not show up...had to travel and had some troubles (10 hour trip and half way through noticed his wife forgot her pain Patches so had to go back). Anyway meeting him at 11. I should have been in there by now but on the phone all morning with bday calls. Yep, the old ticker turned over to 54 at midnight.

I used to wake up saying "Another year wider". Now I wake up and say "Another year wiser". Yeah!

Janet..on your questions about feed. Nope, we do not have livestock. We do future contracts on corn and that is why we have so many storage bins. Our corn gets hauled to our local elevator and then gets shipped by train out to the west coast...our grain all goes for food products.

Mornin' Julie...no let down...I should be OK with locking the doors. The place is so clean and that would make her happy. It's been all ripped to sh_t for three weeks with us working in there and that would have driven her crazy. She would love to see it all spit shined again.

I will be fine. I do my weeping in the morning, take it all out on DH during Breakfast and then I do pretty good. LOL. He's so good to me. I just sit and vent and he sits with his eyebrows up wondering when the hell I will be "normal" again. She's gone, I accept that...no regrets...never left her without hugs and "I love yous'. Life is good!

Heading to move the last out of the apt this morning. Bro did not show up...had to travel and had some troubles (10 hour trip and half way through noticed his wife forgot her pain Patches so had to go back). Anyway meeting him at 11. I should have been in there by now but on the phone all morning with bday calls. Yep, the old ticker turned over to 54 at midnight. I used to wake up saying "Another year wider". Now I wake up and say "Another year wiser". Yeah!

HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!

Hope you have a GREAT day!

Wow... birthday and anniversary just a few weeks apart!!

CELEBRATE!!

:biggrin::party::biggrin:

Thanks, Phyll....wish there was time to party today. Will tomorrow night with friends. Today will be crazy. Close your eyes....picture a chicken, head cut off, running....that's my day!

Happy Birthday, Apples............. I figure any birthdays are wonderful..since the alternatives aren't so great... have a great day..Your friend, Julie

HAPPY BIRTHDAY APPLES !!!!

:biggrin::party::biggrin:

BIG BIG HUGS FOR

YOU ON YOUR BIRTHDAY

Well back from the gym - did 4 miles - now need to make my grocery list and get in the shower...

Julie - buy a large bag of frozen peas or corn or brussel sprouts and then duc tape it to you :biggrin:

Apples, HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!!!! I hope you have a day as special as you are! I can't wait to meet you on Saturday, so far the weather forcast is looking good!

Julie, I use frozen peas for my ice on my knee all the time. I bought the big family sized bag, it conforms so well around me knee.

I had my 2nd to last therapy session on the first knee today. I got my bend to 126 today. I was thrilled with that as I've been stuck at 120 for 2 weeks. My 'good knee' is at 130 and I know this knee didn't bend that far before surgery so I am thinking I am beyond where I was pre-surgery. I have a 2 week break from therapy after my next session until I start it on my other new knee.

Like Apples, my day should be pretty much like the chicken with the head cut off running around. I got my laundry done, groceries done, now I gotta pack, DH coming home early this afternoon and he wants to load the car all up so all we have to do is crawl out of bed in the morning and get in and drive. We are meeting the others we are caravaning with at 4am about 20 mins from the house. So if I don't get a chance to check in later, HAPPY THANKSGIVING!! And again HAPPY BIRTHDAYS to Phyl and Apples.

Thanks for the bday wishes everyone! I love my LB friends.

Lori...sounds good with the knew. A little better every time. You have a great trip (and a safe one). Don't worry about stopping so often. Your friends will understand and isn't 1.5 hours the normal time for a pee stop anyway??????????

Be careful when eating sweet pickles !!!!

I got some for the relish dish - hadn't eaten all day - ate one to fast and now it's just sitting there..

I needed to eat to have energy for leg workout tonite - but can't - Why you ask that damn pick is sitting in my pouch and won't go down..

So I am trying to drink some coffee so that it may move and maybe the caffeine will get me threw the workout..

Got my Turkey day shopping done and put up - So tomorrow I don't know what I am going to do - Well yes I do I need trash bags - paper towels - napkins - so I guess Target will me on the agenda

Well 20 more minutes to wait to leave for the gym - I hate waiting - going to see if my workout partner works on Wed (most of our schools are closed and she's a teacher - so hopefully we can workout in the morning)

Going to go play Bingo tomorrow nite w/girls from work - I just love it the 20 - 30 yr old chicks like to hang with me.. They say I'm the life of the party :0) Pretty darn good imho for an old lady

Apples - I know you said something (I think) about celebrating tomorrow - so you have to cook your own dinner tonite??

Are you done with the apt - Hugs I know that last time you walk out her apt door is going to be said - I bet it's brought some comfort being around her space and things..

Janet...got done with apt about 4pm and locked it up for the last time. Moved out the last of it when son from Wyoming came today with his trailer. Filled nail holes and did a good vacuum job. All the rest of the cleaning we did yesterday. Yes, sad to lock it up but OK with it as it was a 3 week job or more and ready to come home to catch up here.

Have fun playing Bingo with your young chicks. I also have friends of all ages. I often said my "mom" was the youngest friend I had at 89 yrs old. She was up for anything at anytime.

Ummmmmm...as far as the bday dinner...what bday dinner? Sitting here alone. Guys are all out in the field. Will see them about 10pm and will feed them their dinner then. They all had lunches packed to get them through the day. Have had MANY bdays and anniversarys by myself. Farming has and always will come first. Our livelyhood. I've got the devil sitting on my right shoulder tonight telling me just to go to bed with my book and let them fend for themselves. But, there's two beef roasts (4lbs each) in the oven, potatoes made, veggies ready to steam, beer bread fresh out of the oven and pumpkin custard for dessert. I could put a pout on but there's no one around to see so just would be a waste of time. Will sit down with the LA and NY Times crosswords and turn on the Antiques Road Show.

Meeting a couple of friends tomorrow late afternoon. Having drinks....I'll be the DD. I never mind doing that. Going to pick them up and drop them off and let them enjoy their beers. They both live on farms and have about 20 miles to drive home and want them delivered safe and sound. We will have a good visit and bitch about our farm husbands and make our worlds right again!