Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

I'm here to help...

Ok scratch that first fill...was a bit over excited..no its 6 weeks away. Its a checkup post op. I'll get it right one of these days!

Apples,

I like Mondays, too. I look forward to going to work. I am a problem solver and these kids and this school have many problems. Also, my personal motto is from Micah 6 and says, "Act justly, love mercy, and walk humbly with your God."

This place allows me to practice justice (equal education for students who wouldn't get it in the public schools and historically haven't ever gotten it), love mercy (everytime a student needs encouragement or a boundary enforced and then relationship restored), and I couldn't do this job without God. Anyone who lacks humility will not survive in this place.

I am also a glass half full kind of person. I'm also an every crisis is an opportunity kind of person. When life hands you a lemon, make lemonade etc.

The fact is, life is hard. When you accept that and don't whine about it, it gets a lot better.

Doesn't mean we shouldn't vent once in a while. Doesn't mean we don't despair at times. But even in my toughest times, I was always aware that joy from the Lord lay just under the surface. Weeping may last for a day, but joy comes in the morning. (Ecclesiastes)

One of my favorite old hymns is When peace like a river attendeth my way, when sorrows like sea billows roll. Whatever my lot Thou hast taught me to say, "It is well, it is well with my soul."

A song that I wrote last spring goes like this (based on Phillipians 4)

I could've been a superstar

but that wouldn't take me very far

I am content.

I could've had a mansion

and worn the latest fashion

but I am content.

I am content no matter what the circumstance.

I am content no matter what my lot.

I know what it means to live in want or have plenty.

I know the meaning of being content...

Is I can do all things

through Him who strengthens me.

Yes, I can do all things

Cheri

Edited by ifyourstomachoffendsyou

Apples, Grandma is in a place that she can stay even if she has to take this aid. She's in the independent living part now and goes down to a dining room for lunch each day, other meals she eats in her apartment. If the need every arises they also have a nursing home section that she could move into. I pray that never happens. This place has a contract with the company I was to meet with so I am hoping it will be a smooth transition for her. I guess I will find out all the details of this program on Thurs.

Well I am once again sporting shorter hair. I was growing it out per my daughters request but it was just so flat and limp. I am used to such thick hair full of body. My hairdresser said I my hair thinned a lot. I blamed it all on my lapband and what not but she said anesethesia also does it. Well I've only had that 3 times in a little over a year. The good news is she saw tons of new growth, but she said I'd be much happier with my hair shorter until that new growth filled in and have more body. I like it a lot and DH said he did too when he met me for lunch today.

Tomorrow I see my lapband dr for a followup. I was hoping to be at the lower end of my goal but am still close to the top, but have a good excuse of knee surgery. LOL

Apples,

I like Mondays, too. I look forward to going to work. I am a problem solver and these kids and this school have many problems. Also, my personal motto is from Micah 6 and says, "Act justly, love mercy, and walk humbly with your God."

This place allows me to practice justice (equal education for students who wouldn't get it in the public schools and historically haven't ever gotten it), love mercy (everytime a student needs encouragement or a boundary enforced and then relationship restored), and I couldn't do this job without God. Anyone who lacks humility will not survive in this place.

I am also a glass half full kind of person. I'm also an every crisis is an opportunity kind of person. When life hands you a lemon, make lemonade etc.

The fact is, life is hard. When you accept that and don't whine about it, it gets a lot better.

Doesn't mean we shouldn't vent once in a while. Doesn't mean we don't despair at times. But even in my toughest times, I was always aware that joy from the Lord lay just under the surface. Weeping may last for a day, but joy comes in the morning. (Ecclesiastes)

One of my favorite old hymns is When peace like a river attendeth my way, when sorrows like sea billows roll. Whatever my lot Thou hast taught me to say, "It is well, it is well with my soul."

I am content.

I could've had a mansion

but I am content.

Is I can do all things

Yes, I can do all things

Cheri

Love it! That's great!

Apples, Grandma is in a place that she can stay even if she has to take this aid. She's in the independent living part now and goes down to a dining room for lunch each day, other meals she eats in her apartment. If the need every arises they also have a nursing home section that she could move into. I pray that never happens. This place has a contract with the company I was to meet with so I am hoping it will be a smooth transition for her. I guess I will find out all the details of this program on Thurs.

Well I am once again sporting shorter hair. I was growing it out per my daughters request but it was just so flat and limp. I am used to such thick hair full of body. My hairdresser said I my hair thinned a lot. I blamed it all on my LAP-BAND® and what not but she said anesethesia also does it. Well I've only had that 3 times in a little over a year. The good news is she saw tons of new growth, but she said I'd be much happier with my hair shorter until that new growth filled in and have more body. I like it a lot and DH said he did too when he met me for lunch today.

Tomorrow I see my LAP-BAND® dr for a followup. I was hoping to be at the lower end of my goal but am still close to the top, but have a good excuse of knee surgery. LOL

Sorry your day got off to a frustrating start, but sounds like you made the best of it and it turned out to be a blessing!

Hope all goes well with the Grandma issues. She sounds like a sweetheart. She still walking every day??

I think you posted over the weekend and made reference to getting 130 degrees flexion in your knee... or somebody's knee... just an FYI you might want to inquire about, but my therapist said the doctors don't want you to go beyond 125 degrees because the hardware isn't designed for more than that. I'm not sure where I was a when I left WA, but I think it was 113. Might be more now with all the exercise I'm doing. Walked home from chapel again yesterday. Water aerobics for an hour this morning and then 15 minutes on the stationary bike. But now.... SITTING all afternoon. I tried to make excuses to go in to town.. mostly wanted a STARBUCKS, but DH kept arguing with me. Then I fell asleep, and now it's a little late to go out. Plus he just poured me a glass of wine! Rest of the week is BUSY, so no latte opportunity until Janet & I go to the outlet mall on Friday. Plan on a Starbucks stop, Janet!!

Love it! That's great!

Sorry your day got off to a frustrating start, but sounds like you made the best of it and it turned out to be a blessing!

Hope all goes well with the Grandma issues. She sounds like a sweetheart. She still walking every day??

I think you posted over the weekend and made reference to getting 130 degrees flexion in your knee... or somebody's knee... just an FYI you might want to inquire about, but my therapist said the doctors don't want you to go beyond 125 degrees because the hardware isn't designed for more than that. I'm not sure where I was a when I left WA, but I think it was 113. Might be more now with all the exercise I'm doing. Walked home from chapel again yesterday. Water aerobics for an hour this morning and then 15 minutes on the stationary bike. But now.... SITTING all afternoon. I tried to make excuses to go in to town.. mostly wanted a STARBUCKS, but DH kept arguing with me. Then I fell asleep, and now it's a little late to go out. Plus he just poured me a glass of wine! Rest of the week is BUSY, so no latte opportunity until Janet & I go to the outlet mall on Friday. Plan on a Starbucks stop, Janet!!

Thanks for the concern about the flexion, Phyl. It wasn't me that was at 130 degrees, but a lady at therapy when I was there that got that right out of surgery. She said her dr called her Gumbo, that she was only the 2nd person he ever saw that got that much flexion right out of surgery. My goal is to get to 120 degrees, 125 max. so not going for the 130. I am at 117 now, I had cancelled therapy today before my day got freed up unexpectantly so go tomorrow instead, will see what I can do tomorrow.

Apples,

I am content.

I could've had a mansion

but I am content.

Is I can do all things

Yes, I can do all things

Cheri

Cheri - What a great song !! I am lemon - lemonade most of the time - that's how i am dealing with my furlough friday..

But I'm not as happy as you and Apples are for Mondays - I guess I'm just a little burnt out at my job - no challenge left - It's ok but sorta boring..

Well I am once again sporting shorter hair. I was growing it out per my daughters request but it was just so flat and limp. I am used to such thick hair full of body. My hairdresser said I my hair thinned a lot. I blamed it all on my LAP-BAND® and what not but she said anesethesia also does it. Well I've only had that 3 times in a little over a year. The good news is she saw tons of new growth, but she said I'd be much happier with my hair shorter until that new growth filled in and have more body. I like it a lot and DH said he did too when he met me for lunch today.

Tomorrow I see my LAP-BAND® dr for a followup. I was hoping to be at the lower end of my goal but am still close to the top, but have a good excuse of knee surgery. LOL

Great that was the kind of place my Aunt was in - and even if she ran out of $$ they would have taken care of her - but you bought into this place like a condo.

Well you gotta post a pick of your new Do..

I'm at the top of my goal and have been for a month or so - How about a holiday challenge - to lose x about by 1/1/10 and include exercise

or for Apples she has to gain 5 lbs :0)..

My goal is to lose 5 lbs by 1/1/10

Love it! That's great!

Phyl - I have a coupon that Great sent for 20% discount - I printed one for you too..

Of course Starbucks - do they have one in DHS

Well gang - not much to report - same old stuff

Gym home fed Doggies - I need to cook some veggies for me -

Well just cking in - talk to you all tomorrow

Hugs

Janet,

I'll take that challenge. 5 lbs by 1/1/10. Heck, I lost over the holidays last year, I can do it this year too. My daughter just asked me when I was ready to start doing my P90 workouts again and we may start next week knowing I will have to modify or skip some moves due to my knee but I can do the strength stuff etc. It also helps that DH said today he'd like to change his eating habits and lose about 15 lbs. I will get my official start weight tomorrow when I see my lapband surgeon and they weigh me there.

Mondays are an okay day for me but for some silly reason I like Thursdays. They are usually my freer days with not much going on so I feel a sense of freedom to do what I want and it's almost the weekend.

My son was just telling me at dinner that he is starting the P90 workouts. He is already in good shape but said he was going to start this program. He has the knees of an 80 yr old (Iraq) and cannot do some of the workouts he used to do. He left the house with a bag a frozen meals made by momma and a huge bag of my Protein Bars.

I'm up for the challenge also, Janet. I'm going to have to bump my cals again. My average is about 2750. Got 2770 today and was not easy cuz I had a stressful day and band tightened. Think 1/2 of my cals were either apple cider or cappacinos. Will need to switch back to my 400 cal Protein bars for Snacks instead of 200 cal ones. I hate to even post that kind of stuff here. Oh well, it's my dilema right now.

Seems like we get on one topic each day and it carries through to the end of the day. Hum..wonder what the topic will be tomorrow on this thread. Today was "Mondays", tomorrow's will be???????

OK, someone come up with something interesting!

Quick post....went to the all Souls Procession last night and it was fun. We've decided to go and participate in the parade next year.

Cheri, nice writing. Good luck on the job search, if that is what you end up doing.

Apples, sorry the reality is hitting you. You will be alright and I'm sure your "mom" and her children really appreciate what you are doing. I can't even imagine 1900 lunch bags....did you buy costco out?

Lori, my DH's great aunt and grandmother lived in a assisted living place that was very charming and they treated the ladies so good. I really like some of the independent living, assisted living, and nursing facilities they have here and I think once someone has decided to live that way...it's an ease to their concern that someone will be around if they need it. It's just tough to give up the total independence of living on your own. Sounds like your knee is really doing well.

Phyl, sounds like you are really enjoying your new mobility. Also sounds like you are having a great time and keeping very busy there in your winter location. I'm going to meet Janet on the 21st....hope you can join us?

Went to work late and didn't do anything today....very non-productive, but it was a nice break. Tomorrow, I'll actually have to do something.

Off to bed...late night last night and I need a little catch up time. Take care everyone.

Eva

I'll take you up on that 1/1/10 challenge too. I'm going to loose that 5 pounds by 12/25 however....since I'm still in the big losing mode, I should set a higher goal, but I'm trying to keep it real, at least for me.

I don't like Mondays.....issues with having to get up and going to work...not that work is horrible, just the getting up is. My favorite day is Thursday too. Don't know why, but it is a relaxed day usually and it's my sushi day.

Eva

Hello, I really don't need help right now...but I know I will how do we get mentors or buddies?

Hi everyone, just a quick post to say I finally caught up in reading all the posts! Whew - it's been a busy couple of weeks. DSD still sick - still in and out of the hospital about every 3-4 days, so we've had DGD a lot, which is great, but keeps me off the computer. Also this is busiest time at work for the year, once holidays hit it will slow down there as well. I've been doing great with food and exercise, but just can't lose any more weight, but not complaining, it will be 10 months Friday since I started the pre-surgical diet and I've lost 96, so I'm well ahead of what I ever dreamed was possible. I just keep plugging away and I will join in on the challenge Janet. Apples, congrats on the anniversary, you and DH are still like newlyweds. You are an amazing person -- such a loyal, wonderful friend. Phyll, congrats on ONDERLAND -- you are such an inspiration -- and I so enjoy all your pics on Facebook -- you look gorgeous! Coconut and Happy congrats on your surgeries -- glad to have you here, hope you will continue to hang out with us. Porcupine, I went to an ortho before my surgery about my hip pain and he told me losing weight would fix it all - well, gee, I've lost 96 and have worse pain than before. I have doctor's appt. Friday to get referred to a different ortho - let's see what they think now. It is frustrating to have daily pain between my fibromylgia and hip and rods and screws in my back which cause pain. I really thought after weight loss I would have less pain, but unfortunately, it seems to be about the same -- however, it isn't any worse, so that's a good thing with as much as I exercise. Janet, thanks for posting about your falling off the wagon train -- I made Cookies one night last week and had DGD birthday but was afraid to even have one cookie or one piece of cake for fear of overindulging. This is something I need to work on too. I need to quit being afraid of food. LOL. One night I accidently grabbed theregular mayo out of fridge instead of the low fat stuff and had to rinse my turkey burger off. I'll try to be more regular here everyone. Laura, keeping you and your family in my daily thoughts and prayers. CBL Love to you all. Linda

Hey guys~

Nelson and I leave in about an hour for our trip to NC. Last night he starting running a 99.6 fever. SIGH..... What do you do? I called my Mom to give her a heads up; not sure if they want him around Dad. Dad is having surgery tomorrow. (cystoscopy, doublt J stent replaced and ureter biopsy) Spoke to Dad this morning and he said come on up, didn't want us losing the $ on the tix. I just worry about him getting sick is all.

DH was being sooooo sweet yesterday and this a.m. He is really sad about us leaving. I told him to enjoy the "time off"... he laughed b/c he has to work all week. But he can eat beer and sandwiches for dinner in front of the tv in his boxers without us. : ) I don't like the tv on during meals.

Apples~ Happy Anniversary tomorrow. You guys lead an example of how it is done! Thanks : )

Hugs to everyone. Have a good week. I will try to check in, but if I don't you will know why. Will return Sat. I do have LBT on my Blackberry so we at least read.

peasout....Laura