Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

I'm here to help...

Hey there gals, I finally made it through the 10 pages of posts... Lots of news and conversation to comment on... I have a little time before Mimi comes... only 3 more nights and then DD starts a new job with daytime hours.. I'm glad of it.... anyway, our trip was pretty good... had lots of fun with grandsons... They are 16 and 10.... Got to see the oldest play football (in the drenching rain!!) He was happy we were there... the little guy just loves having us around... We did shopping and swimming and eating... carving pumpkins... playing games and cards... Was nice.... DIL acted like a jerk most of the time and made herself scarce.... But, oh well, her loss... At least she lets us see the boys... I managed to keep the pain to a minimum most of the time.. and I did sleep pretty well... motels are tough sometimes... I'm glad to be home again... Back to real life.....

Laura, I'm so sorry to hear the news about your dad... You do what needs to be done.. Nelson and DH will be fine, don't worry... Maybe this is why the SIL is here now.... she can help.... Know you are in my prayers... take it easy.....

Great, so glad you are doing so well... your LBT sisters are with you all the way... Sorry your real ones are being stupid....

Arlene, hope you are doing okay... Did I read fibromyalgia for you??? Not a fun thing... take care..

Meredith, our son lives in Loveland, near Cincinnati... 1225 miles from us... Glad things are going well on your house.. Hope you get it in under the deadline..

Phyl, sounds like you had fun with your grandkids, too... And now you are on the move... Safe travels....

Janet, sorry about your home invasion.. gotta be scary.. And saying good bye to the kitties must have been rough... Glad to see you are still giving out such good advice to all the new people....

JoannMarie, good to hear from you... the pic are great.. the baby is so big already... congrats on the loss...

Nawlinz, don't worry about the bad day... just pick up and keep going....

Eva, good job on the exercise.... Wish I was there, but still don't have the okay to do much... How are the baby turtles????

Linda, good to hear from you...

Melinda, we have very similar numbers and are in about the same place I think... hope to get to know you better.

Welcome to all the new people... This is a great place... but if you leave for a week it takes all day to catch up!!!

Apples, you are just such an amazement to me.. You and my DH must be related... He is a goer like you... Can't sit still.... I understand your uncertainty about taking the job, especially with the weather starting up already... Not fun driving that far on icy roads... You'll make the right decision... Sorry harvest is delayed... It is here, too... DH's boss didn't turn a wheel while we were gone... Great job on all the clothes... How do you get so lucky???? I never have that kind of luck... Did get a few things in OH... Actually bought a few shirts that are only a 1X.... This is a nice thing for me.... And I found a winter coat... just in the knick of time I think..... Sorry about your 4 pounds.. I know how much you wanted them to stay.....Hope your vertigo straightens out....

As for me, I'm up a few pounds... Didn't do a good job of keeping to the program while I was gone... A bit stressed out and I always go for the comfort food... Better today.... I'm not going to beat myself up at all... Had a good trip for the most part and now it's over and I'm home and will get back to normal......

Hope I didn't miss anyone... One day, I think I missed you... sorry... Glad all are doing so well..... time to go play with my baby... I missed her while we were gone.. Oh, and I found her a stuffed turtle in OH... she loves it.... Take care all............ Julie

I got a few minutes to myself so thought I'd pop in and check in. So mom was coming to help out. HA HA!! I gave her one job to do last night while DH had to run to the store and DD wasn't home from work yet, and that was to cook some boxed scalloped potatoes. I might as well have done them myself. And today she gave me a bad time for asking DH to get me one of my pills instead of getting up and getting them myself. SHEESH!! DH has been so good to me and offers to get them all the time for me. Tonight we are all going out to dinner (one of the 2 sisters too) to an Italian buffet. I don't like Italian food much and have not much of an appetite so should be okay. An extended cousin (not sure exactly what he is to me other than some type of cousin) is in town and meeting us as well. This will be a challenge my first big outing. I had my 2nd therapy today and have improved 15% in my bend so he was well pleased. Did some quite painful things to my knee today but afterwards it felt so good. He said to let him know when to stop when the pain was unbearable but I grit my teeth as much as possible to get as much benefit as possible. The best part was the ice machine at the end, my reward! Also I have graduated to one crutch, still a little too wobbly for a cane he said the one crutch will give me more stability.

Laura, thoughts are with you as you go to your mom. Everyone is right Nelson will do fine but it is so hard to leave them and to do so so suddenly.

Arlene, I got your card today, thanks so much. Hope your pain is better.

Apples, WOOHOO! on the shopping. Sounds like some great deals.

Okay I am off to try and find a 'skinny' outfit to drive my sister nuts at dinner tonight. I know I a m bad. trouble is my knee is so swollen most of my 'skinnier' pants are too uncomfortable over the knee.

Lori...hang in there on the family issues. Sometimes mothers can be sooooooooooooo hard on their daughters. Hope you find a "smokin" outfit to wear out to dinner. Good going on the PT. I've heard from friends that have had replacement that it's a bear.

Julie...happy to made it through your trip without much drama and are now home safe and sound getting back into the routine. Always nice coming home again, isn't it?

Lori, sounds like you are doing great on the recovery. Family............enought said.

Julie, glad you made it home safely. We missed you!

Apples, no I couldn't hang with that cold weather. My stomach is doing so much better. The cold front is coming in tonight. Time will tell. I was really stiff this morning, but my gut didn't hurt........so that was a good sign for me.

Lori...hang in there on the family issues. Sometimes mothers can be sooooooooooooo hard on their daughters. Hope you find a "smokin" outfit to wear out to dinner. Good going on the PT. I've heard from friends that have had replacement that it's a bear.

Julie...happy to made it through your trip without much drama and are now home safe and sound getting back into the routine. Always nice coming home again, isn't it?

I am trying so hard not to be that mother to my daughter, but I guess there are probably tendencies I just pray they are much smaller! I just don't see my mom being this way to my sisters, they can do no wrong and are always the victim because 'they work all day and had bad luck in marriages'.

Good Afternoon All, you sure sound like an encouraging bunch.

Apple, thanks for responding, will take the time to back track and read through the posts of others will fill questions.

Charlene-Thanks for the empathy. Bronchitis stuff just puts me behind everything. Stinking cough lasts so long.

IndigoGirl-Well, I haven´t kept a food journal, but things had been going very well. I´ve lost 82 pounds since surgery. :thumbup:Then about 4 months ago hit a flat place. I was doing Zumba one evening a week, Jazzercie 2 times a week and walking 6 days a week. Then twisted my ankle mid August. Got a Cortizone shot, but after Zumba and Jazzercise now my ankle kills me. :cursing:Am sticking with the Zumba, and walking, but have missed the last two weeks because of the bronchitis. It´s cold and damp here right now, so can´t take my doggies for our walk. :blink:Need to find a gym, or mall where I can walk inside. Have been good about food choices thus far through the journey, just trying to make it over this hump, that´s why we were trying the fills. Believe me, I´m NOT a liquid diet girl! Love my solids =)

Mrs Bubba-Our numbers are similar. We´ll have to keep an eye out for each other.:scared2:

To everyone else, it sounds as though you are going through loads of life difficulties. Hope things will get better.:w00t:

Globally...happy to see you back. Sounds like you have a handle on the food part of this. You've done great on the weight loss. May surgery date and the amount you have lost....something to be proud of. Yep, getting out there and moving are so important. It's tough to do sometimes but makes a person just feel so much better. Always nice to have a place like this to be accountable. You can always come her at the end of the day and "confess" or brag about the workout or the lack of in your day.

Lori...you are a very sensitive person (not a thing wrong with being sensitive) and an easy target for your mom and sisters. Bet they don't even realise what they are doing and if called on it, would have the biggest question mark on their faces. Hang in there, let DH wait on you. It's YOUR life with YOUR DH...not their lives. They are on the outside looking in and that's where they belong.

hey all,

greetings from nc. what miserable weather. rainy, and dark and cold... just like the mood here. 40 most of the day. I wasn't even't thinking about shoes when I packed! (I packed in 15 min) I wore a pair of black slip on clog type thing with a small heel but has an open toe! My feet were freezing today! I packed a sweater and two light jackets. All my real winte stuff is still here in mom's cedar closet upstairs. I have a long leather coat and a really warm wool coat. I might have to go get some shoes one day. I have wide feet and it's not an easy task. I think it is the least of my worries right now.

Thanks for all the thoughts, prayers and hugs. You guys are so sweet. Cancer sucks. Today the appt was at Duke. Not sure why i thought we were going to hopkins. though dh said that's what my mom said. she is so stressed and confused. she doesn't know what to do with herself. and really my dad only wants her. my sister is feeling a little threatened by my arrival. The plan was for her to go with them today, but since I came they asked her to stay. we went in a small cessna and there wasn't room for everyone. I am trying to be everything to everyone and it is mentally and physically exhausting. But I am glad i am here. As tough as it is, it is tougher being at home feeling helpless.

we went to the appt all together. This oncologist was very matter of fact, no sugar coating. expectancy with treatment is avg 13 months. she didn't give a time without, said there's no way to know for sure. she said they would no more after they started chemo. it would depend how the tumors reacted. apples, the chemo is different than the "flush" ones you spoke about. that is for a different stage. he being stage 4 and with his one sick kidney is tough. it doesn't leave that many options. the really strong chemo is not an option. tomorrow is the 3rd consult. we will see what that guy says.

nelson is doing ok. but really he feels like he is around strangers. he hasn't seen his aunt since he was 1 and never met his cousin. today they took him to mcdonalds and he refused to eat. they said he didnt have fever. i asked them to take him to baskin robbins for icecream, he ate 4 bites. thank God dh was able to sneak away from work to give him bath and put him to bed. he did not want auntie to give him a bath and insisted on waiting for his daddy. he sounded like he was a pill all day, but when i spoke to him at bedtime he was happy and laughing. amazing what a dose of daddy dose for a kid. i was expecting him to cry and such when he spoke with me, but he was fine. i feel a bit better. although dh sounded exhausted. i think this experience will give him a bit of insight into my days and nights.

i do not have my thoughts together. i feel as though i am rambling without a point. i am typing on a small tiny computer (acer aspire) and cannot even bother with the capitals. i can barely see the screen. i am heading to bed early. dad went to sleep at 8.

i got tight again during the flight here. i am getting in enough though. i am being real careful not to get stuck. was down to 226 today though i think i am dehydrated a bit. my dad was thrilled with my weight loss, as he hasn't seen me in a month. ok, i will update when i can. sorry didnt respond to the posts. i read through quickly but dont remember half of what i read.

peasout~ laura

Laura, sounds like you are where you need to be. Parents seem to rely on one of there children when there is a crisis. My mom just finished radiation after chemo for breast cancer. She tends to rely on me for a lot, but she is not demanding. Fininshed on friday took off on vac yesterday. Just hang in there we are all here for you.

Laura K

Ya

well off to feed the fur babies - gave 2 kittens away - andrew took the remaing 3 to the pound - I thought he was taking them to a no kill place - I think our pound kills - but they said that they would be adoptable cuz they were freindly - please I hope so - I get to friggin attached -

Sorry you had to give the kitties away they will get adopted real fast since they are kitties

I do want help. I have 100lbs left to lose. I have an eating disorder-emotional eating. I really do need a mentor. how does this work

This board is awesome Janet is right we are all food addicts and we are such a big family we all talk, vent basically hang out with each other online.

[

hey all,

greetings from nc. what miserable weather. rainy, and dark and cold... just like the mood here. 40 most of the day. I wasn't even't thinking about shoes when I packed! (I packed in 15 min) I wore a pair of black slip on clog type thing with a small heel but has an open toe! My feet were freezing today! I packed a sweater and two light jackets. All my real winte stuff is still here in mom's cedar closet upstairs. I have a long leather coat and a really warm wool coat. I might have to go get some shoes one day. I have wide feet and it's not an easy task. I think it is the least of my worries right now.

Thanks for all the thoughts, prayers and hugs. You guys are so sweet. Cancer sucks. Today the appt was at Duke. Not sure why i thought we were going to hopkins. though dh said that's what my mom said. she is so stressed and confused. she doesn't know what to do with herself. and really my dad only wants her. my sister is feeling a little threatened by my arrival. The plan was for her to go with them today, but since I came they asked her to stay. we went in a small cessna and there wasn't room for everyone. I am trying to be everything to everyone and it is mentally and physically exhausting. But I am glad i am here. As tough as it is, it is tougher being at home feeling helpless.

we went to the appt all together. This oncologist was very matter of fact, no sugar coating. expectancy with treatment is avg 13 months. she didn't give a time without, said there's no way to know for sure. she said they would no more after they started chemo. it would depend how the tumors reacted. apples, the chemo is different than the "flush" ones you spoke about. that is for a different stage. he being stage 4 and with his one sick kidney is tough. it doesn't leave that many options. the really strong chemo is not an option. tomorrow is the 3rd consult. we will see what that guy says.

nelson is doing ok. but really he feels like he is around strangers. he hasn't seen his aunt since he was 1 and never met his cousin. today they took him to mcdonalds and he refused to eat. they said he didnt have fever. i asked them to take him to baskin robbins for icecream, he ate 4 bites. thank God dh was able to sneak away from work to give him bath and put him to bed. he did not want auntie to give him a bath and insisted on waiting for his daddy. he sounded like he was a pill all day, but when i spoke to him at bedtime he was happy and laughing. amazing what a dose of daddy dose for a kid. i was expecting him to cry and such when he spoke with me, but he was fine. i feel a bit better. although dh sounded exhausted. i think this experience will give him a bit of insight into my days and nights.

i do not have my thoughts together. i feel as though i am rambling without a point. i am typing on a small tiny computer (acer aspire) and cannot even bother with the capitals. i can barely see the screen. i am heading to bed early. dad went to sleep at 8.

i got tight again during the flight here. i am getting in enough though. i am being real careful not to get stuck. was down to 226 today though i think i am dehydrated a bit. my dad was thrilled with my weight loss, as he hasn't seen me in a month. ok, i will update when i can. sorry didnt respond to the posts. i read through quickly but dont remember half of what i read.

peasout~ laura

Laura - We are all here for you I am so sorry your family is going through this. I was really hoping they would be wrong. I am glad Nels is better. Just keep drinking so you don't get dehydrated. My love and prayers for you and your family.

Was at a conference all day and will be tomorrow again. Was in the neighborhood of my sister and went with her this evening to watch my niece play volleyball. She was the caboose in the family and still has young kids. I get along well with my sisters and brothers. We all get along because we choose to. We also choose not to take offense or believe things are deliberate. We have occasional issues with our parents but they're not deliberately mean, just annoying, like older people can get. I'm sorry for those of you who haven't experienced that.

Apples, would your relatives even recognize you with you so skinny? Do you think they're on lapbandtalk? Stay safe.

Laura-hang in there girl.

Great-a nice skirt perhaps?

newcomers and returners, welcome. have to say I'm completely incapable of keeping a food journal. has to do with being ADHD. Doing it makes me crazy and drives me into the food. Not everyone is alike. You need to decide what works for you. For most, a food journal is a great idea.

Laura,

So sorry for all that you are going through right now. Thoughts and prayers of all of us are with you.

Short drive day today... less than 100 miles, but over Golden Gate bridge, through part of downtown San Francisco... stressful. Then, a lot of walking and up and down a lot of steps since we've been here. Walked around the block when we first got here... long walk. DIL served dinner to 70 football players, so we helped with that and I am exhausted and my knee is hurting!

Tomorrow, lunch with BIL & SIL, DGS's football game in the evening. Busy day.

Hey there gals, I finally made it through the 10 pages of posts... Lots of news and conversation to comment on... I have a little time before Mimi comes... only 3 more nights and then DD starts a new job with daytime hours.. I'm glad of it.... anyway, our trip was pretty good... had lots of fun with grandsons... They are 16 and 10.... Got to see the oldest play football (in the drenching rain!!) He was happy we were there... the little guy just loves having us around... We did shopping and swimming and eating... carving pumpkins... playing games and cards... Was nice.... DIL acted like a jerk most of the time and made herself scarce.... But, oh well, her loss... At least she lets us see the boys... I managed to keep the pain to a minimum most of the time.. and I did sleep pretty well... motels are tough sometimes... I'm glad to be home again... Back to real life.....

Laura, I'm so sorry to hear the news about your dad... You do what needs to be done.. Nelson and DH will be fine, don't worry... Maybe this is why the SIL is here now.... she can help.... Know you are in my prayers... take it easy.....

Great, so glad you are doing so well... your LBT sisters are with you all the way... Sorry your real ones are being stupid....

Arlene, hope you are doing okay... Did I read fibromyalgia for you??? Not a fun thing... take care..

Meredith, our son lives in Loveland, near Cincinnati... 1225 miles from us... Glad things are going well on your house.. Hope you get it in under the deadline..

Phyl, sounds like you had fun with your grandkids, too... And now you are on the move... Safe travels....

Janet, sorry about your home invasion.. gotta be scary.. And saying good bye to the kitties must have been rough... Glad to see you are still giving out such good advice to all the new people....

JoannMarie, good to hear from you... the pic are great.. the baby is so big already... congrats on the loss...

Nawlinz, don't worry about the bad day... just pick up and keep going....

Eva, good job on the exercise.... Wish I was there, but still don't have the okay to do much... How are the baby turtles????

Linda, good to hear from you...

Melinda, we have very similar numbers and are in about the same place I think... hope to get to know you better.

Welcome to all the new people... This is a great place... but if you leave for a week it takes all day to catch up!!!

Apples, you are just such an amazement to me.. You and my DH must be related... He is a goer like you... Can't sit still.... I understand your uncertainty about taking the job, especially with the weather starting up already... Not fun driving that far on icy roads... You'll make the right decision... Sorry harvest is delayed... It is here, too... DH's boss didn't turn a wheel while we were gone... Great job on all the clothes... How do you get so lucky???? I never have that kind of luck... Did get a few things in OH... Actually bought a few shirts that are only a 1X.... This is a nice thing for me.... And I found a winter coat... just in the knick of time I think..... Sorry about your 4 pounds.. I know how much you wanted them to stay.....Hope your vertigo straightens out....

As for me, I'm up a few pounds... Didn't do a good job of keeping to the program while I was gone... A bit stressed out and I always go for the comfort food... Better today.... I'm not going to beat myself up at all... Had a good trip for the most part and now it's over and I'm home and will get back to normal......

Hope I didn't miss anyone... One day, I think I missed you... sorry... Glad all are doing so well..... time to go play with my baby... I missed her while we were gone.. Oh, and I found her a stuffed turtle in OH... she loves it.... Take care all............ Julie

Julie - Glad you had a good time !!! Don't worry about the weight - now that you are back home and back on track it will come off - I am terrible when away from home - I really tend to eat too many sweets - but once I get home - I am ok..

I got a few minutes to myself so thought I'd pop in and check in. So mom was coming to help out. HA HA!! I gave her one job to do last night while DH had to run to the store and DD wasn't home from work yet, and that was to cook some boxed scalloped potatoes. I might as well have done them myself. And today she gave me a bad time for asking DH to get me one of my pills instead of getting up and getting them myself. SHEESH!! DH has been so good to me and offers to get them all the time for me. Tonight we are all going out to dinner (one of the 2 sisters too) to an Italian buffet. I don't like Italian food much and have not much of an appetite so should be okay. An extended cousin (not sure exactly what he is to me other than some type of cousin) is in town and meeting us as well. This will be a challenge my first big outing. I had my 2nd therapy today and have improved 15% in my bend so he was well pleased. Did some quite painful things to my knee today but afterwards it felt so good. He said to let him know when to stop when the pain was unbearable but I grit my teeth as much as possible to get as much benefit as possible. The best part was the ice machine at the end, my reward! Also I have graduated to one crutch, still a little too wobbly for a cane he said the one crutch will give me more stability.

Laura, thoughts are with you as you go to your mom. Everyone is right Nelson will do fine but it is so hard to leave them and to do so so suddenly.

Arlene, I got your card today, thanks so much. Hope your pain is better.

Apples, WOOHOO! on the shopping. Sounds like some great deals.

Okay I am off to try and find a 'skinny' outfit to drive my sister nuts at dinner tonight. I know I a m bad. trouble is my knee is so swollen most of my 'skinnier' pants are too uncomfortable over the knee.

Great - yes drive her crazy - On the Mom issue - Hugs - I know that I wish mine was still here - but I bet you if she was I would not be a happy camper - she was a drinker and negative person - I don't miss having that in my life - I guess since she's not here I can imagine that we would have a good relationship - but in all reality it wouldn't be...

Lori, sounds like you are doing great on the recovery. Family............enought said.

Julie, glad you made it home safely. We missed you!

Apples, no I couldn't hang with that cold weather. My stomach is doing so much better. The cold front is coming in tonight. Time will tell. I was really stiff this morning, but my gut didn't hurt........so that was a good sign for me.

Charlene - glad your fibormyalga isn't acting up...

Good Afternoon All, you sure sound like an encouraging bunch.

Apple, thanks for responding, will take the time to back track and read through the posts of others will fill questions.

Charlene-Thanks for the empathy. Bronchitis stuff just puts me behind everything. Stinking cough lasts so long.

IndigoGirl-Well, I haven´t kept a food journal, but things had been going very well. I´ve lost 82 pounds since surgery. :thumbup:Then about 4 months ago hit a flat place. I was doing Zumba one evening a week, Jazzercie 2 times a week and walking 6 days a week. Then twisted my ankle mid August. Got a Cortizone shot, but after Zumba and Jazzercise now my ankle kills me. :cursing:Am sticking with the Zumba, and walking, but have missed the last two weeks because of the bronchitis. It´s cold and damp here right now, so can´t take my doggies for our walk. :blink:Need to find a gym, or mall where I can walk inside. Have been good about food choices thus far through the journey, just trying to make it over this hump, that´s why we were trying the fills. Believe me, I´m NOT a liquid diet girl! Love my solids =)

Mrs Bubba-Our numbers are similar. We´ll have to keep an eye out for each other.:scared2:

To everyone else, it sounds as though you are going through loads of life difficulties. Hope things will get better.:w00t:

Melinda CONTRATS ON THOSE 82 LBS... Sounds like you know what you are doing - Be careful with that ankle - you don't want to permantaly damage it... Glad you want to eat - I was reading an artical about speeding up your metabolizam - low carbs for 3 days - high carbs for 2 days - it was in 1st magazine - I got say thats sorta how I eat - mostly varing the calories - low one day - higher the next then low again - I know if the scales jump up - I limit my carbs and I am a carb person - I usually have 1/2 c rice with dinner most nights - when I say carbs I mean starches - I don't count fruit and veggies - rice tatoes bread etc are carbs to me..

hey all,

peasout~ laura

Sweetie don't worry about us or your typing - we just want to hear how you are doing.. I am so glad you are there w/your parents - who flew the plane ???

Glad Nelson was happy and good when you talked to him and that Daddy's with him - He will be fine..

Don't worry about the scales right now - you are stressed and for me that means a tight band - just do what you can -

Thanks for checking in w/us - you & family are in my prayers

Sorry you had to give the kitties away they will get adopted real fast since they are kitties

This board is awesome Janet is right we are all food addicts and we are such a big family we all talk, vent basically hang out with each other online.

[

Laura - We are all here for you I am so sorry your family is going through this. I was really hoping they would be wrong. I am glad Nels is better. Just keep drinking so you don't get dehydrated. My love and prayers for you and your family.

Melissa - I sure hope so - I gotta call tomorrow and get sheba fixed...

Was at a conference all day and will be tomorrow again. Was in the neighborhood of my sister and went with her this evening to watch my niece play volleyball. She was the caboose in the family and still has young kids. I get along well with my sisters and brothers. We all get along because we choose to. We also choose not to take offense or believe things are deliberate. We have occasional issues with our parents but they're not deliberately mean, just annoying, like older people can get. I'm sorry for those of you who haven't experienced that.

Apples, would your relatives even recognize you with you so skinny? Do you think they're on lapbandtalk? Stay safe.

Laura-hang in there girl.

Great-a nice skirt perhaps?

newcomers and returners, welcome. have to say I'm completely incapable of keeping a food journal. has to do with being ADHD. Doing it makes me crazy and drives me into the food. Not everyone is alike. You need to decide what works for you. For most, a food journal is a great idea.

Cheri you are wright you have to do what is best for you - we all have to take the rules and bend them to our livestyles..

Well gang - it's 7:45 - I need to go eat...

CBL - Hugs & Love J

Good morning everyone. Laura, glad to hear from you, sorry the consult didn't go better. Glad Nelson is doing okay and he truly will be fine, although I'm sure he misses you and wishes you'd come home. That's just a kid thing. Glad his daddy was there for him, that was nice for such a busy guy. Janet, I forgot to send hugs your way on your home invasion - that was terrible but so glad you and GS are okay, how scary. Apples, we live exactly 65 miles south of Des Moines -- loads of people commute there every day from our little town, however, it is a 4 lane highway. That job sounds perfect except for the commute -- too bad you couldn't work from home half the time or something. Julie, glad you are safely back home and had a good time with your family. Arlene, I've had fibromylgia for over 10 years and I had thought it was better since losing the weight -- wrong -- since the weather turned cold I've been suffering. Need to get back to the doctor as I took myself off pain meds since I'd been feeling so great. Hope you get some relief and sorry to hear you are suffering with this. Lori, hope you made them all jealous. Hugs on your sister and mom issues, I know what it's like to have a difficult mom. I could never please my mom -- no matter what she constantly made me feel like I was a failure even though I knew I was not. I used to cry every time I hung up the phone with her. Like Janet said, I still wish she was around and I miss her but I sure don't miss the way she made me feel. Our relationships with mothers/sisters is so complicated. I'm sure you won't be like your mom with your kids -- I know I make darn sure I'm the opposite with my son and my step kids. If anything, I'm way too easy on all of them. Weather has been horrible -- seems like most of the country is experiencing rain/cold/snow. Globally, congrats on the weight loss, hope you'll keep coming here for encouragement - it helps. Oneday, hope all is well with you and your family. We've had our DGD a lot lately -- her mom has been in and out of the hospital over the past 3 weeks with kidney infection and complications from her juvenile diabetes. She needs to take better care of herself, especially now that she has a little one that relies on her. It's been frustrating cause she started a new job and is missing so much work. We are just keeping our fingers crossed they don't fire her or lay her off for missing so much. So far they have been understanding, but it's a constant worry. Had to have work on our van yesterday -- ended up with a $1200 bill -- ugh -- DH said it was all necessary, but geez, I'd rather go shopping. Phyll, if you can walk the hills of San Fran, you are doing amazing!! Wow, I'm impressed. Okay, gotta go do my walking tape, hope everyone has a great day and happy Friday! Linda

Good Morning Gang !!!

Well I hit the gym this morning - Yea Janet - Calories good yesterday but too many carbs - so had to go...

TGIF... We are having a mandatory meeting today - we all are wondering what it's about - I know our premium volumes are way down - I use to handle 8 mil now its 2.8 mil - we wonder if they are going to cut hours or what..

Well hopefully my 30 yrs means I'm not getting a pink slip.. Yesterday was payday and I didn't get called in - so I guess I still have a job - I need to go walk around to see if anyones desk is cleared - I get off at 4 - the office is doesn't close to 4:30 ...

Well think I am going to take that walk...