Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

I'm here to help...

Laura, my heart goes out to you. This is going to be more than you can handle in many ways. God will carry you through it if you let him.

Great, glad you're doing so well.

Charlene, think twice before you loosen your band again. You may be craving comfort food to medicate your pain.

I am on an anti-inflammatory twice a day because of my arthritis. Since my hiatal hernia was repaired when they put in the band, I have no trouble with the anti-inflammatory. Ask your Dr. Pain needs to be managed or it will drive you back into the food.< /p>

Hi

I am Janet and I am a recovering food addict :)

I was banded 7/17/07 - My starting weight was 250 - I'm 5'4

Today (just over 10 months out) I am 154 - size 8 pants (was 18/20) Medium tops (was 22/24)

I got banded as I wanted to extend the years that I have left on this planet and to do that I knew that I needed to lose weight.

The band has been the tool I needed. For the first time in my life I have been able to achieve this goal (actually getting to my goal weight)

If you want a buddy - support - help - suggestions - Please feel free to call upon me - I will gladly share my journey with you - the journey is still on going and by helping you I will be helping me (staying motivated and accountable) and then one day you can pay it forward and help someone else.

I have been banded for 2 years and have lost 80 lbs out the 250 I need to lose. I have basically no help or support from my surgeon and his office people...so I'm on my own and not doing well. I don't really even know how this thing is supposed to work. Can you help me.

Hammer

Hello everyone. I am so sorry that I haven't checked in to say anything lately. I have been reading all of your posts, but I have been so tired to even think about typing. So, finally tonight I have a little time to check in.

Laura~ I am soooo sorry to hear about your daddy. I don't really know what to say at a time like this. I have never been good at those kind of comforting words, but I can tell you that I can give a pretty bad ass hug, so heres one to you! Hang in there and thanks for keeping us posted. You poor dear. You have so much on your plate right now.

Apples~ Yes, I too think that you are nuts for wanting to go back to work, especially because of that super long drive!

Great~ You are doing so well! I'm glad that everything went well for you! I knew you would do wonderfully! I know that you think that you can do the crutches or cane now, and you probably can, but I would wait to ok it with your PT first. I just don't want anything to happen to you.

Janet~ I too had one of those wild eating days the other day and felt so guilty about it. Oh well, it is a new day!

Oct~ What kind of cement blocks or tiles are you making for your garden? Sounds interesting.

Mrs. B~ Where in Ohio are you going? I'm not far from there!

Well, I dont feel very well today at all. I woke up with a terrible sore throat and it has just gotten worse through out the work day.

The house thing is going. I put an offer in on the house on Saturday, but since it is a short sale, God only knows how long this one is going to take? I have heard horror stories about how people wait months and months to get approved for the short sale. I have all of my mortgage stuff secured, but now it is up to the sellers bank. UGH! The banks could really care less. If the November deadline for the first time home buyer tax credit was not coming up so quickly, I could easily wait the 4 months for this whole process. I really want to be able to cash in on that one! I guess that in order for me to be able to I will have to close by Nov 30th. Hmmm. Hopefully this goes well! BUT..... there is rumor that the government is planning on extending the credit until june 30th 2010, so lets hope that all of this goes through! I keep praying!

Ok, prayers to Laura and your family. I will be thinking of all of you.

Goodnight.

Love,

Meredith

Laura, my heart goes out to you. This is going to be more than you can handle in many ways. God will carry you through it if you let him.

Great, glad you're doing so well.

Charlene, think twice before you loosen your band again. You may be craving comfort food to medicate your pain.

I am on an anti-inflammatory twice a day because of my arthritis. Since my hiatal hernia was repaired when they put in the band, I have no trouble with the anti-inflammatory. Ask your Dr. Pain needs to be managed or it will drive you back into the food.< /p>

Thanks for the advice. I see the WL Doc on the 19th. My concern right now is the acid reflux when I have these spasms. I don't want to mess up my insides. Hopefully, he will order GI tests to make sure everything is okay.

Mornin' Gang!

Arlene...sounds like you are following up on everything and being proactive with what is going on with you. Hope you get some definate answers soon and you do not have to suffer through the winter months with this.

Meredith...I am sure you are on pins and needles with this house thing. Really push who you need to and make sure they know you are adament (sp?)about getting this house deal done b/4 the deadline. My DS missed out on the first time homeowners rebate by 2 days. After the program came out, it went retroactive to a certain date. He closed 2 days prior. He was just 26 at the time he bought and it ticked him off. Those $$$$ would have come in handy for him. His process was a nightmare. He did a first time homeowners along with doing a low interest veterans loan. The vet process was drug out for way too long. Luckily, the people that owned the home let him move in quite a few month early and had him pay them $214 per month rent. The lady that moved out was so cute. Brought him homemade Cookies and meals cuz she felt sorry for this kid. They were a Godsend. Just really push for the date and you should be OK.

DS does have some $$$ to make up for this lose in his near future. He served in Iraq for a year and has a permenent disability on his back and will be going to Fort Snelling in a couple of weeks for his final determination on his knees. He will need both knees replaced in the future and is working on his disability for this. He is just 28 and really sad to see him walk like an old man. He was more than proud to serve his country but really hoping that they determine this to be a disability. He weighed 158lbs when he left for Iraq. Was a gunner on top of Humvee (sitting duck) for the entire year. They were loaded down with over 50lbs of gear and would have to jump down a number of times a day (about 12 foot jump). They figure that's what did his knees in. If this goes through for him, he will recieve retroactive payments back to 2004. Will make a couple of nice principal payments on his house or he can pay off his new truck.

Janet...you talking about the operations of your office make me miss working with insurance. I do get a taste of it once in awhile. I have a good friend that manages an agency. When she travels for her updates and meetings, she invites me along for the overnights. Gives me a chance to keep up on things and visit with old friends that I see at these events.

How you doing today, Lori????

Laura, any news today????

21 degress here this morning. An unusually cold fall. My guys are working out in the cold today repairing field drain outlets. I feel for them.

This week I have gone through EVERY closet and EVERY drawer (just have one chest to go through today) and both pantrys. I feel so organized and ready for the corn harvest. I am outside most of corn harvest unloading the trucks as they come in. We are completely automated so the trucks just dump into a great big pit and overhead augers take the corn to separate bins. I just have to push certain buttons to make sure they go into the correct bins and then at times transfer after the corn is dried in the dryers. Simple, but a cold job some days and I come in at night covered in a fine white powder with "Bees Wings" stuck to my coveralls and jacket. Quite the sight to see! Bees Wings are the little lightweight red colored stuff that comes off the corn. Kind of like popcorn hulls but lighter.

There! You all got your farm lesson for the day!

We have a high tomorrow of no more than 38. We have a wedding to go to for a little neighbor girl. (Her family is also our next door neighbors at the lake). I am wearing a Ralph Lauren black dress that has blueish colored beads on the bodice. Found a royal blue (my best color) nubby jacket to go with it. It's going to be sooooooooo cold that will take a sweater and slacks along and change into for the dance. I am not sure if the wool coat will come out but thinking it will. My fall weight coat won't do it.

Better get that last chest of drawers organized and be done with this cleaning stuff. Feeding the guys stir fry chicken, fried rice, homemade gouda cheese monkey bread and pumpkin/caramel crunch cake for lunch today and need to get the cake in the oven.

You all have a great Friday and a great weekend. Enjoy your down time! Have a wonderful and safe trip, Phyll!

Edited by Apples2

Good morning! Doing well this morning. Took a shower, that felt heavenly, however I got lightheaded toward teh end of it and DH had to bring a chair in the bathroom for me to sit in for a minute. I have a little more pain this morning but not too bad and no where near what I was expecting before surgery. I think I was so prepared of it being so awful that it hasn't seemed too bad. and every day should get better and better.

Good morning! Doing well this morning. Took a shower, that felt heavenly, however I got lightheaded toward teh end of it and DH had to bring a chair in the bathroom for me to sit in for a minute. I have a little more pain this morning but not too bad and no where near what I was expecting before surgery. I think I was so prepared of it being so awful that it hasn't seemed too bad. and every day should get better and better.

So happy for you, Lori. Take care of yourself.

Sorry to say that Nov 27 will not work for me to meet you in Souix Falls. DH's family is having their Thanksgiving that day. Really want to be able to travel out that way. Maybe just lunch in Miller some day? :thumbup:

OK...done with chest of drawers and have some leftovers. Anyone need some new 38D and 38C comfy underwire bras? I will send and only want the cost of postage.

Also have 4 pair of brand new capris in a medium (8-10) made out of a nice 97% cotton and spandex sheeting. Never been worn (neither have the bras). They are loose fit with snap, zipper and a draw string.

Great Idea - I will do it right now !!

I CANT SEEM 2 GET POST FROM U. HELP ME GET A TICKER 2 MY PROFILE. I HAVE GOT 2 MY SWEET SPOT YET HAVE AN APPT. ON THE 20TH:thumbdown:

Hi

I am Janet and I am a recovering food addict :thumbup:

I was banded 7/17/07 - My starting weight was 250 - I'm 5'4

Today (just over 10 months out) I am 154 - size 8 pants (was 18/20) Medium tops (was 22/24)

I got banded as I wanted to extend the years that I have left on this planet and to do that I knew that I needed to lose weight.

The band has been the tool I needed. For the first time in my life I have been able to achieve this goal (actually getting to my goal weight)

If you want a buddy - support - help - suggestions - Please feel free to call upon me - I will gladly share my journey with you - the journey is still on going and by helping you I will be helping me (staying motivated and accountable) and then one day you can pay it forward and help someone else.

CASSIEME1 NEEDS ALL THE HELP SHE CAN GET OVER AND OUT FOR THE COUNT.GOT ON THE scale THIS MORNING @ 180LBS WHAT A BOMBER.TRYING HARD EXERCISING 2 HRS. DAILY TIME 5.SEVERLY DISCOURGED:thumbdown:

How blessed am I to have you gals in my life? I was just blown away today when DH brought in the mail he let pile up while I was down and out. I got a care package and some wonderful cards from some wonderful gals on LBT, thanks so much!! Apples, DH is especially interested in when am I going to open the Snacks particularly the Jerky. He's being the world's best nurse so I might have to share. Thanks so much!!

Bummer about Nov 27th, Apples, we will be there starting Wed before Thanksgiving until Sunday or Monday, so maybe i can get away on SAturday instead would that work??

Again thanks so much for thinking of me! I get cards and gifts from my friends here that I have never met face to face, yet my own sister has yet to even call or anything. I was feeling kindda down but the mail today picked me right up!

Awwww....give me your sis's #....she needs a talking to! LOL

That Sat. should work for me and I don't mind driving out that far. We could do a couple of hour lunch if that would work for you. Just let me know what you think. I'm pretty sure I'm free the rest of that weekend (alot depends on the weather). Really excited to finally get to meet you.

Take care, relax and get waited on!

Awwww....give me your sis's #....she needs a talking to! LOL

That Sat. should work for me and I don't mind driving out that far. We could do a couple of hour lunch if that would work for you. Just let me know what you think. I'm pretty sure I'm free the rest of that weekend (alot depends on the weather). Really excited to finally get to meet you.

Take care, relax and get waited on!

Okay I will talk to hubby about keeping that date open instead of Friday. Would be wonderful if it would work out.

I mentioned to my mom how my one sis hasn't as much as called, mom's excuse is that she is busy and has been calling my mom in FL to see how I am doing here in CO (sis lives in CO too). Oh well family, what can you do? I am so grateful for the friends that the Lord has placed in my life.

Okay I will talk to hubby about keeping that date open instead of Friday. Would be wonderful if it would work out.

I mentioned to my mom how my one sis hasn't as much as called, mom's excuse is that she is busy and has been calling my mom in FL to see how I am doing here in CO (sis lives in CO too). Oh well family, what can you do? I am so grateful for the friends that the Lord has placed in my life.

Have never been an envious person except when I see a family that is really close and are there for each other and just plain have a need to be with each other. Neither DH nor I had that growing up. We broke the pattern on purpose. Our kids actually like spending time with us and each other and for that I am thankful.

Try not to let your sister's actions bring you down. Just from your posts the last year or so, I can tell your immediate family seems to be close. You did a good job with that and be proud!